Kai Knows

Moon And Maknae

Chapter 17: Kai Knows

 

“Soojung, how do I look?” Luna asked the younger girl who is currently sitting on her bed reading a magazine. Krystal likes to hang out in her room and read, she brings food as well that she shares with Luna.

Krystal looked up from the paper she was reading and travelled her eyes all over Luna. It’s rare that Luna asks how she looks. She doesn’t really care how she looks when she goes out. Sure she checks her face and all but it’s not to the point that she asks opinion from others. As long as she looks neat and she’s comfortable with what she wears she’s okay with it. She couldn’t even remember the last time Luna asked this question.

“Pretty,” she finally gave an answer to the waiting unnie but it looks like she’s waiting for more. “Uhm, the shirt perfectly hugs your body unnie and your hair really suits you.”

“You think so?” Luna touched her hair. She had recently had it styled and cut. She’s always liked it short though their stylist was against it she was given permission to cut it this short. It’d grow out before their comeback next year.

“Did you change your perfume?” Krystal asked.

“Neh, you like it?” Luna asked she finishes up with a lip gloss. Now this is something new again. Luna doesn’t really put on makeup when she goes out unless it’s for an event.

“Well yes, it’s something new.” Krystal had noticed something else too. “Unnie where’s Bap?” Luna stopped with what she’s doing and turned to her like she only remembered her dog now. For a moment Krystal thought Luna lost the dog.

“He’s at Shinee’s,” she answered. It’s been two weeks since she last went there of course she did visit Bap who was getting and getting more comfy with Taemin.

Krystal closed the magazine she’s reading and stood up as Luna went out of her room. She doesn’t have any schedule today and she’s planning to spend time with the members but everyone’s busy.

“Unnie, will you be staying here tonight?”

“Yes I will,” Luna answered her phone. “I’m on my way. Okay see you!” She smiled looking at her phone. “Soojung-ah, I’ll be home later okay?”

Luna hurriedly hailed a taxi. Kai said he’s already there waiting for her. It was a struggle dating in secret with all the fans following EXO’s activities but they have their ways to still meet even with the busy schedule and persistent fans.

She spotted Kai right away sitting at the very corner of the café away from the other customers. He stood up and pulled a chair for her. He already got her something to drink, Kai always does that ordering for her making sure that she’s comfortable and happy.

“You cut your hair,” he said. He told her she looks good with her new hair. He was glad she’s using the perfume he gave her. He likes it when Luna uses something he gave. He moved closer to her taking her hand into his underneath the table. Luna’s heart still skips whenever Kai holds her, feeling the butterflies in her stomach. She smiled at him while he continued to tell her about the upcoming activities and his worries over EXO’s starting popularity not only in South Korea but in other Asian countries.

They haven’t even finished their drinks when Suho called Kai telling him to go home though he didn’t say why there was urgency in his voice and Kai had to say goodbye.

“Are you sure you want to stay here for bit?” He asked worried about Luna and felt sorry that he can’t spend more time with her today.

Luna nodded and patted his shoulder. “I’ll be fine, you should go.”

He bent and kissed her on the cheek before quickly pinching her nose. “You’re the best girlfriend you know.”

“I know,” Luna chuckled and returned the gesture. “Be careful Jongin.” When Kai left Luna stayed at the café for a couple of minutes before deciding to go the supermarket. She doesn’t have anything to do so she’ll just buy some grocery for Shinee. She has not done this for a while and she owes Taemin some snacks since she ate most of his snacks the last time she was there. He didn’t complain, he didn’t even say anything when he caught her getting some of his snacks. Come to think of it she couldn’t remember the last time she was there. And she needed to get Bap out of Shinee’s dorm, the girls also miss him.

It took her a while to finish her shopping, the supermarket was packed and she had to wait extra 10 minutes at the cashier. She might have bought more than what she planned because she’s now carrying two heavy plastic bags. Shinee’s dorm is just two blocks and since she was reminded again by their stylist that she needs to go on a diet and exercise more she decided to walk to the dorm. No one was home unfortunately, even Bap was missing. She checked each room and everything is clean except for Taemin’s some of her stuffed animals are littered on the floor. After she arranged the grocery in the kitchen she started to clean Taemin’s room. She’s just out for a couple of days and the room looks like this already, Luna mused picking up every scattered thing on the floor. She put some forgotten accessories inside his drawer where he usually keep them and noticed a pink box which was not there the last time she looked. She got curious and couldn’t help but open the box.

“Oh how cute,” Luna muttered seeing the necklace with the half-moon pendant and it has her name on it, not her stage name but her real name. Taemin said he didn’t get her anything for her birthday and he surely didn’t know any other Sunyoung not that she’s aware of.

She pocketed the box wanting to ask Taemin about it later, she got out of the room hearing the front door open. And encountered a surprised Taemin.

“Why are you here?” He asked when he recovered from the shock Bap who had gotten out of his grip ran towards Luna. She went to her knees to pet the dog.

“Did you miss umma?” She played with Bap before facing Taemin again. “Why are you so surprised? I still somehow live here right?”

“Well you haven’t been here for a while, just wondering.” He removed his coat and went to the kitchen to drink some water. “You bought these?” He asked seeing the fridge and snack basket full.

“Neh, I got your favorites as well.”

“You’re just going to eat them anyways,” he said earning a glare from Luna which didn’t faze him. “Why are you here?”

“Didn’t I just answered you question earlier?” She sat across from Taemin who is now starting to eat some cookies. She reached for one only to have her hand hit by Taemin. “Yah!”

“You said they’re mine.” He said moving the cookies far from Luna’s reach.

“That hurt you know,” Luna said even though it really didn’t hurt at all but Taemin didn’t buy this and still won’t give her a cookie.

“I thought you were out with Jongin,” Taemin said after a while not meeting her eyes.

“I was, but he got a call and he had to go.” Luna explained still thinking on how to get the cookie from Taemin. “I think Bap would like a cookie.”

“He’s full, and he doesn’t like cookies.” Taemin said not removing his hand from the jar. “Are you staying here tonight?”

Luna eyed him. “Wae?”

“Uhm the hyungs are asking why you no longer sleep here, I think they’re missing you.”

“Only them? Don’t you miss me too?” She asked playfully.

“Why would I? Whenever you’re here I always sleep on the floor.”

“Well it’s one of the conditions I have, which reminds me that I still have one condition to make.” Luna has the perfect idea but before she could voice it Taemin beat her to it.

“Don’t include food, you can’t do that. It’s not even allowed in Harry Potter.”

“What do you mean?” Luna thinking hard, was she that obvious? And what part of the Harry Potter series did she miss? She’s sure she read them all.

“You can’t perform magic on food. And that’s the same as our contract you can’t include food in our contract you’d have to think of something else.”

“Yah that’s not fair!” Luna stood up and tried to grab the jar from Taemin but he quickly backed away from her. “I’m hungry!” She almost yelled at him.

“Then cook something, I want to eat rice. If I give you a cookie will you cook for me?” He said taking a cookie from the jar and waving it at Luna.

Luna stopped and stared at him. “You’re asking me to cook for you?” The look on her face alarmed Taemin. Is he asking for too much? But Luna suddenly grinned and brought her hands together she turned around and took the apron. “This is the first time someone asked me to cook for them after they got a taste of my dish.” She was actually happy that he asked her to do this and Taemin was amazed.

“Sunyoung-ah,” he called her and when she turned around he pushed the cooking inside and he laughed at the sight Luna glared at him but continued to eat the cookie anyway. “Need any help?”

“Ani, I can manage. Just sit over there or watch some tv.” She got herself busy while Taemin went back to his seat and opted to watch her instead.

He was really surprise to find Luna in their dorm. He just went out with Bap for a quick walk to clear his mind off things. He got a message from her yesterday that she’ll be meeting Kai today so he really didn’t expect to see her here. He smiled secretly as he watch Luna work in the kitchen. Of course her cooking skill still but he only wanted her to do something for her and he can’t outright tell her that he misses her.

Contrary to the loud and talkative Luna that people often see when she’s on tv she’s actually very serious and quiet when she works in the kitchen. Concentrating on the work at hand, eyes fixed on the next ingredient she has to prepare like she has forgotten that she’s not alone.

Taemin laughed a little too loud and caught her attention.

“What’s funny?” Luna asked frowning at him but Taemin just shook his head nothing. She continued what she was doing ignoring Taemin again. After 30 minutes Luna was done and served the food in front of Taemin.

“Uhm I think I’ve changed my mind,” he joked looking at the finished simple dish that Luna made. She claims it’s Chinese style just like Victoria taught her but forgot what it’s called. “I’m joking okay!” He said immediately seeing the look of murder in her eyes. After he got some water for them they started to eat. The first bite wasn’t that bad.

“I think I put too much chilli powder,” Luna said after tasting it. “What do you think?” Taemin just nodded and continued eating. She remembered the first time she cooked for them and he was the only one who was able to swallow the food she made. She chuckled at the memory. Taemin may be grumpy at times but he sure can tolerate almost everything that she does. They haven’t seen each other in a while and Luna decided to catch up.

“How’s Naeun?” She asked the first thing that came to mind. They’re still filming WGM and she heard from one SM staff who often work with Shinee that they seem too close just like a real couple.

Taemin looked at her curiously wondering why she’s suddenly asking about Naeun. He told her she’s okay and that they’ll be filming next week. She asked a few more questions about WGM and the other couples in the show then the talk went back to Naeun.

“She’s really pretty you know, Amber unnie said she’s nice as well. I haven’t seen her after your birthday though.” Taemin was waiting for her to say something more but Luna stopped talking when he looked at her. “Do you think you could really like her for real?”

He was taken aback not knowing how to answer Luna and why was she asking anyway?

Luna didn’t wait for his reply and just went on talking. “I mean if you like her like you could date her for real outside of WGM.”

Taemin realized that maybe Luna was trying to get him to admit that he likes Naeun so maybe she could be guilt free for dating Kai.

“Is it really okay for me to date her?” Taemin asked her.

“W-well of course, if you really like her. I see nothing wrong in dating her,” she hated the way she stuttered at first.

“What if it’s someone else? Like someone you really know, perhaps Jieun or Soojung?”

Now it’s Luna’s turn to be surprised. “You mean IU? You can’t date her she already has – No you can’t.” She stopped herself from telling him IU is already seeing someone. “And what do you mean by dating Krystal?”

“Just saying or maybe Sulli then.”

“You can’t, do you really like any of them? But you can’t date them, they’re my friends!” She said too late to realize what she had just said forgetting that she’s also dating his friend. “What I mean is – ”

Taemin stopped her. “I was only kidding okay? You don’t have to worry on who I’m going to date or when. I think I can manage that one part of my life on my own.”

“Sorry Taemin, I didn’t mean it when I said that you couldn’t date Soojung or any of my friends.” She reached for his hand that was resting on the table.

“It’s okay, I know you don’t mean any harm,” he replied holding her hand as well. To Luna’s surprise it felt different now that Taemin is the one holding her hand like an electric current running through her veins. She can’t really explain it in words but it felt like that, add the tingling sensation on her fingertips and she felt her face grow warm.

And then her phone rang.

She pulled her hand right away and answered the call. “Hello…?” It was Kai calling her asking if she’s already home. Taemin stood up and started to clear the table to wash the plates. Luna automatically grabbed her plate to put in the sink and help Taemin while still talking to Kai on the phone. Taemin motioned that he’ll do it but Luna didn’t notice him he can’t talk not wanting to let Kai know that he’s with Luna. She was about to put the plate in the sink when she tripped on her own foot and lost the grip on the plate.

“What happened?” she heard Kai say on the other line as the plate shattered into pieces.

At the same time Taemin rushed to her shouting afraid she might hurt herserlf. “Don’t move! Are you okay?” It was loud enough for Kai to hear it.

“Sunyoung, where are you? Was that Taemin?”

 

_________________________

 

Should we let Kai know? ^_____^

Hi everyone, hope you're all good and happy :)

Thanks for my new subscribers!

I wish more TUNA fics here in AFF. Any TUNA fics you could recommend? 

Leave comments if you have time 'kay?

I love reading them...