Three Bears

Moon And Maknae

 

Chapter 11: Three Bears

 

“Uhm… surprise?!” Amber managed to say after a few seconds of awkward silence. Everyone followed and clapped their hands. Each of them shook Taemin’s hands and greeted him it was Luna’s turn when Taemin turned to Na Eun and they all noticed that Taemin is holding a small box in his hands.

“Na Eun got me a birthday cake,” he said not noticing Luna behind Onew who has holding her own baked cake. “I invited her here I thought it’d be just us, I didn’t know you prepared this for me hyung,” he said to Key.

Na Eun shyly greeted everyone as well. Minho welcomed her and told her that they were happy she could join them. Jonghyun said the cake looks delicious and it was sweet of her to prepare it for Taemin when Amber and Krystal both stepped on his feet.

“Kai you’re here too!” Taemin said finally seeing the other people around him.

“Yeah happy birthday,” was all Kai said patting his shoulder.

Onew came forward making him wear a party hat and giving another to Na Eun he looked back to Luna but the other girl was gone.

“Wah I’m hungry,” Taemin said.

“Let’s all eat then!” Jonghyun said glad that they could now start to eat. Key said they should sing to Taemin first. Krystal glared at no one in particular and was about to walk away when she caught Onew eyes.

Onew excused himself and went to the kitchen where he found Luna crying.

“Hey,” he cautiously touched her shoulder and she turned away. “Why don’t we go out there and bring your delicious cake that Krystal described as to die for?” Luna knew that he was joking. They all know that what it meant that her cake is to die for.

“No need oppa,” she said wiping the last tears from her hears. “He already got a cake.”

“Ani, this one is still the best. We all want to see his face when he gets to taste this little treat. Honestly I wanted to be the first but I didn’t want to rob Taemin of that privilege since it’s his birthday. I still remember the day you made us dinner.”

“Yah oppa! I swear this cake is different.” Luna said laughing at the memory.

“But of course,” He picked up the cake again but Luna stopped him.

“You could try it.” Luna challenged him.

“Are you sure?” Onew looked uncertain, Luna nodded and took a small piece. A few seconds after he still did not say anything. “Uhm… well do you want me to be honest?” Luna nodded. “It tastes okay, not really that spectacular but for a first time it really is something.”

“It’s okay oppa, thank you I’m okay.” She told Onew with a smile. “It was silly of me to cry like this when it’s his birthday. He should at least have a delicious birthday cake right?” And she really felt silly. So much for making surprises, she should have just greeted him in the morning and told him what they were planning. She felt silly for crying over her cake which would not really taste good enough. Besides Taemin would probably be too honest and tell her that the cake is horrible.

“Yah I just told you this one’s delicious.” Onew said when he saw Luna is still sad.

“Come on, leave that here. Let’s just bring the drinks out.” Luna said and grabbed a couple of canned drinks. Onew looked hesitant but she assured him with a smile and he nodded his head following her.

When they came back they sang Taemin the birthday song and made him blow the candles on his cake of course that’s after he made his wish. Taemin took care of Na Eun the entire time, asking her to eat well and just to feel at home. He might be acting as a good host but as for Luna it felt like everything she sees on tv is now a reality.

“Luna sunbae aren’t you eating?” Kai asked her after a while when he noticed Luna has not touched her food at all.

Luna looked at her the food on her plate before turning to Kai and smiling at him. She picked up her chopsticks and started eating just like the others. She almost forgot that Kai is also here and she remembered that he wanted to tell her something earlier which brings her back to the past. They never really got to talk about what happened before. They were young and there are things that you do and things that you don’t do and you might regret these at some point of your life. It might be the same for the both of them. They never really got a long before. Always seeing each other as annoying, she does not how it started but whenever she sees Kai she’d end up getting annoyed at him even if he didn’t do anything and she could swear the feeling is mutual. The only thing that they have in common is Taemin.

______________________________________________

 

It started out when Luna accidentally went inside the boy’s comfort room. She was in a hurry that she didn’t realize she’s in the wrong room. She thought she was lucky because no one was in there but when she got out she bumped into Kai who thought that she was a ert.

From then on Kai would about that incident. He even found other way to tease Luna, about her height, her thighs and even the way she speaks to other guys. Sometimes even Taemin would join him and they’d end up annoying Luna to a point that she would not talk to them for a day or greet them. But Taemin would always apologize first and everything would be okay again but Kai never said sorry.

“Don’t you have anyone to hang out with other than us?” Jongin would often ask Luna while they would wait for Taemin to show up.

“Yah who said I like hanging out with you? I’m only waiting for Taemin.” Luna would always answer him like this. He would also tell her to quit following the both of them and find other girls to hang out with, he’d call her the annoying tail but she’d simply give him a “merong” like a little girl.

“Taemin already likes someone,” Kai revealed to her one day which really surprised Luna not because Taemin actually found someone to like but because he had told her something that she could care less about. “You should just find another one.” Luna told him not to bother her that she likes practicing with Taemin because he’s a good dancer. “I’m a good dancer too.” Luna knew he would say that. Even though Kai is a very good dancer she never asked her to practice with her or teach her some tricks.  “Yah little one!” he called Luna by his favorite pet name for her when she did not say anything. “Taemin sent a message earlier saying he can’t come because he needs to go home early today.”

Luna was of course furious because he kept this from her and made her wait for almost two hours. She really needs to practice her dance with someone, Taemin volunteered to be her partner and she can’t practice alone.

“Where are you going!” he called after her and ran towards her to stop her from leaving. “I’m sorry I made you wait for nothing. And uhm… I can practice with you if you want.”

Luna had seen Kai dance a lot of times and she knows perfectly well how great he is. He puts feelings into his moves and dances like an artist. She was so thrilled with the offer that she didn’t realize that Kai said sorry for the first time. “Are you sure?” Luna asked him afraid that he might be joking just like the first time he offered.

He turned to enter the practice room without answering her only to come back 10 seconds after because Luna did not follow. “Yah! I told you we could practice together!”

Luna excitedly ran towards him and gave him her first real smile. Kai felt silly liking the way her face brightens up with her big smile.  She kept talking about how he might not know the steps but when the music started Kai actually knows it and danced even better than Taemin.

The concept of a dance is a couple’s goodbye or break up, they’re feelings should show in the dance. Luna felt weird when every touch they make her feel light headed and it seems like her insides are dancing as well.

They didn’t talk much and after two hours they decided to call it a day. Luna took her bag from the corner and wiping her face walked to where Kai was standing thanking him for practicing with her.

Kai didn’t answer instead knelt before her and scolded her for not noticing that her shoelaces had come undone.

“Jongin let’s get some ice cream,” Luna announced when they were out of the building. Kai followed Luna they walked without talking. Kai knows Luna loves anything sweet and she often eats sweets after a long day of practice. It’s painfully annoying to have her hang around Taemin, it’s obvious Taemin does not like her and would only look for her whenever he needs help with dancing.

“Sunyoung!” Luna almost tripped but Kai caught her. She was surprised to hear him calling her name. She had told him before to call her noona but Kai said there would be no need because she’s just Taemin’s age and he doesn’t call Taemin hyung. He also told her that since she’s a lot smaller than him then he would not call her noona at all.

His hand around her arm felt really warm and not knowing why she actually liked the way it feels. “Uhm you could let go now…” she muttered and Kai lets go right away like he was burned by the contact.

He cleared his throat and said that she should be careful and scolded her for being clumsy all the time. Luna ignored him as usual and continued walking. The night ended without them having to eat the ice cream that Luna wanted because it started to rain and both of them just decided to go home.

For three days they practiced together because Taemin had just been announced as Shinee’s last member. Taemin would finally get to debut and his schedule for practicing with his new group would be extremely packed so Luna was left to partner with Kai.

Kai seemed less awkward now and would even smile at times, he was no longer the grumpy, annoying monster boy she had come to know. They can even talk without arguing now. The teasing lessened and they were starting to become friends.

“How do you feel about Taemin’s debut?” Luna asked him one afternoon when they were done practicing. Kai told her that he was really happy for his best friend and a bit sad that they won’t be in the same group. But he would support Taemin all the way.

“Don’t worry you’re good too. You will debut soon,” Luna told him after.

“You too.”

“Sorry?”

“You’ll get to debut soon as well. You’re a great dancer, and your singing skills are good too and uhm you’re well uhm pretty…” he whispered the last word that Luna was not sure if she heard him right. It was the first time getting compliments from him and the last thing he said made her really happy that she can’t help but smile.

“You think I’m pretty?” Luna braved herself to ask.

Kai noted the doubt in her voice and turned to her. “Of course.” She smiled at him which literally took his breath away. Park Sunyoung is not just an ordinary girl, well maybe she is ordinary but she’s special to him. In the days that he had spent with her he had come to know that she’s kindhearted, fun to be with and the thing that he really likes about her is her passion for anything she does and try as he may he could no longer help but fall for her. But she likes someone else, now he’s no longer sure if it’s Taemin because he saw her talking to Lee Jinki and she seemed smitten by him. She noticed him smiling a lot whenever Jinki is around and would always hang on for all of his words and attention.

“Thanks Jongin,” she said to him. It really meant a lot that he thinks she’s pretty. She feels so ordinary next to the other trainees who were all beautiful and charming.

Kai and Luna no longer argue instead they were like buddies, they practice together when they can, send sms, chat and play video games. Kai even sent her home on nights that she’d end up practicing very late.

“Sunyoung!” he called Luna just before she gets on the elevator.

“Jongin what’s up?” she had not seen him for three days. He was holding a medium sized stuffed pig. “Oh that’s so cute.”

“You like it?” he asked and she nodded. “Here take it. Happy birthday Sunyoung.”

“It’s really for me?” Sunyoung was so touched she felt like she would cry. “Thank you.”

“Are you crying?” Kai noticed her eyes.

“No, it just that I thought you don’t know.” She said quickly wiping the tear that escaped her eyes. “Yah why is it a pig? Do I look like a pig to you?” She didn’t expect the next thing he did. He had embraced her all of a sudden. “Yah Jongin.” He was much taller than she is and she’s now facing his chest. “Komawo Jongin-shi.”

_____________________________________________

 

“Unnie,” Krystal nudge Luna who seemed so lost in her thoughts. It has started to rain.

Luna now noticed everyone staring at her including Na Eun which really made her uncomfortable. “What’s up?”

“Where’s my present?” Taemin directly asked.

“I didn’t get you one, too busy.” Luna muttered but the silence in the room made them all hear what she said. She was thankful that the others who knew what she got for him didn’t make any comment. Taemin didn’t really look happy now.

He knows something is wrong with her the moment she came out of the kitchen with Onew her eyes look tired not sleepy just tired and somewhat sad. It’s rare to see this side of Luna who is really like anyone’s vitamin.

“Sing me a song then,” Taemin said. “Everyone in this room had given me something for today you can’t get away with a simple excuse like that.” He even crossed his arms for effect to show her he’s serious.

Luna stood up and took it as Taemin’s challenge Onew and Jonghyun acted like children and clapped their hands merrily.

“Ahh our Sunyoung is singing us a song!” Jonghyun even said.

Luna smiled at how silly Jonghyun looks awaiting for her song. She cleared and thought of a song. She opened and started singing the three bears songs she got into the first bear when Taemin shouted out of annoyance.

“Yah Sunyoung!”

“Okay, okay geez don’t have to yell you know. I was just warming up!” Luna said but enjoyed fooling them nonetheless Key and Amber joined her in laughing.

She sang the first song that came into her mind.

Sometimes I want to see you sometimes I miss you.

Why is this happening?

I don't know why I keep on changing.

 

Krystal and Amber immediately recognized the song. Hard But Easy which Krystal and Luna sang and used as an OST. Luna was looking down at the table her face hidden by her hair.

 

Even if I didn't love, I knew that I once smiled

I don't know this type of feeling

Why am I always awkward?

 

Luna looked up and met Taemin’s eyes. She could not read his face, his arms are still crossed but he no longer looked annoyed.

 

You, who were just like an idiot

(I'm falling in love with you)

Just like this, so often I’m becoming more and more like

 

Kai was only looking at Luna while Na Eun felt Taemin relax beside her once Luna started singing she felt him being restless earlier not only here but when he was at the location filming.

 

I'm going to know you, love you

Even if I was so distant at the beginning

I constantly open my heart towards you

I'm going to know you, love you

Even if I was like a coward at the beginning

It seems like we can do anything if we're together.

 

Onew and Jonghyun were still the ones who clapped eagerly when Luna was done singing, praising their dongsaeng.

“That’s good for now, but you still have to buy me something after.” Taemin said smirking.

“Aish this brat,” Luna muttered only Kai and Krystal could hear her. Everything is okay until Key said something that could make Amber and Krystal murder him in his sleep.

“Why don’t Na Eun sing a song too.” Key said.

Everyone in the room looked at Na Eun who in turn was also surprised at Key’s suggestion.

“Uhm okay then,” Na Eun agreed not wanting to upset anyone.

“Woohoo!” Key cheered for her. Just then the lights turned out.

“Umma!” Krystal shrieked and grabbed Jonghyun’s arms just when lightning strikes and seconds after booming thunder after thunder can be heard.

“Oppa!” Na Eun cried clutching Taemin’s arm as another thunder roared.

“Yah Key watch where you’re grabbing!” Onew said.

“Hey everyone stop moving!” Minho said as he stood up. “I’ll go get the flashlight.”

“Oppa I’ll do it!” Luna said also standing up she knows where it is.

“I’ll do it Sunyoung,” Minho said.

“But it’s in Taemin’s room.”

“Where’s my phone?” Jonghyun said trying to reach for his phone.

“Yah oppa that’s my foot!” Amber yelled feeling Jonghyun’s hands on her left foot.

“Sorry Amber.”

Luna and Minho were now up but they didn’t know where the other is going and they ended up colliding into each other. Minho tried to grab her but failed. Luna lost her balance and stumbled on her feet she readied herself on falling but it never came instead she fell into someone’s arms and lap which could only mean one thing.

“Are you okay?” Kai said to her holding her close as his arms wrapped around her small figure.

“Yeah thanks,” she answered and just then the lights came back.

“Thank goodness!” Amber shouted just as the lights filled the room heavy rain still pouring. Krystal still clutching onto Jonghyun’s arms and Na Eun is doing the same with Taemin. But nothing could have prepared them for Luna was still sitting on Kai’s lap the latter still had his arms around her. Just then another thunder came both Krystal and Na Eun shrieked.

Good thing Minho said something. “Sunyoung,” he helped Luna up. “Are you okay? I couldn’t see you sorry.”

“It’s okay oppa,” she said smiling at him.

“Aish this stupid blackout!” Key said and with that Taemin’s surprise birthday party came to an end.

 

_____________________________________

 

there you go... Taemin's little birthday party :)

Comments please... I beg you... LOL ^^

much love to everyone reading this!!!!