Secret Love Song

Moon And Maknae

How could two people be so in love and yet so far apart?

It's been a month since they last saw each other. Shinee became so busy that they only sleep for 4 hours each day. Of course it's no excuse but somehow delaying contact or not seeing each other became too easy. Onew who told the other Shinee members of what happened knew that Taemin misses Luna terribly but it seems that something's holding him back.

Onew tried to talk to him but to no avail, he simple shuts down whenever Luna is mentioned. So he decided to let it be for now, it seems like the two love birds would need more time.

Key is different though, the very day he knew about the truth he confronted their manager, he talked to Taemin which resulted to an argument that Onew had to break out. Key said that marriage is more than just a piece of paper. It's an agreement between two person to love and honor each other and to stay together no matter what. But Taemin told him that they did not agree to be married in the first place. Key did not relent and argued that they were given a choice, and both of them chose to be married instead of giving up their idol life. So in truth, they both chose to be married regardless of the reasons behind it. Taemin told him that it would not even matter if they agreed to be married or not since their is no marriage, it was all fake.

Minho supported Taemin though he wanted to agree with Key. He wanted Taemin to think about everything and decide after he made up his mind. Any decision made would affect every one of them. Luna is their friend and Taemin is their family.

Jonghyun who usually says anything he wants kept quiet as well, he knew that this is a very serious matter. He said it's Taemin's life so he should make the decision base on what he feels. He also pointed out that Luna did not contact Taemin and the bridge goes both ways.

The days following the confrontation between Key and Taemin were so awkward and tense but for the sake of harmony and for the sake of Shinee they have to make peace for now. Key and Taemin came to an understanding and agreed not talk about Luna until Taemin is ready.

-

It felt different somehow.

Knowing she is married and that she has a husband who loves her made her feel important and special. She is loved by her family and of course she has friends and she has f(x) not to mention all the love she receives from her fans but somehow knowing that she shares a special relationship with her husband and they have a bond that is legally proven gave her confidence of a different kind. It's like knowing that she'll never be alone again.

She has to contact Taemin, both Krystal and Sulli agreed that delaying any contact might make it more awkward for both of them. It's best to settle things soon.

But Luna is not sure. Would it really be the same? Would their feelings still be real? Or does she love him because she knew he's her husband? Was it the idea of being married to him? Or did they really love each other?

Victoria said every thing will be okay given time, that Luna needs to be careful of her next decision. Whether the marriage is real or not, what matters is what they really feel for each other. Luna told her that's the problem, it seems like she doesn't know what her heart really says. Is she in love with Taemin, or is she in love with the idea of being his wife? Is she even making sense? Victoria patted her head and gave her more hot choco instead.

Amber just listened to her. She talked for more hours that she can count and Amber just sat and listened to her. Somehow it made her feel better even though her unnie never said anything than "You'll be okay".

-

Another SM Town concert.

Taemin saw their schedule for the month and they will be in Japan for two concert dates. He knew the others already knew the schedule and that they are looking or maybe waiting for any reaction. He remained quiet and went to his room.

He lost weight. It's not like he's not eating or something, he's not sleeping well. He can't seem to sleep longer than 2 hours. He wakes up in the middle of his sleep and cannot go back to sleep anymore. He stares at the ceiling, or he stares at his phone.

Just a few days ago, Apink's manager gave him something. It was Luna's birthday gift, the one he was supposed to give her anyway. The necklace which he carries anywhere he goes even to practice. The hyungs treat him different these days. Well he's been treated different before, they were angry when he sent Luna out of their apartment. But it's different now, it's like they're all waiting for him to explode any moment. Like they are afraid he'll just break out of his shell and ran amok. 

"Taemin! We're going out for dinner!" Key shouted from outside his room. It's 8 in the evening and he's still not feeling hungry. "Taemin, are you there?" Key shouted again when he did not answer.

"Maybe he's sleeping, just let him be. He sure needs more sleep than food." Onew told Key. "Let's just get him some take out."

He heard Key argue but it seems like Minho dragged him out to stop him from opening his door.

The apartment is quiet now. Too quiet. He closed his eyes and hope that he can at least rest while his hyungs are out. But sleep never came, instead he found himself thinking of Luna.

He sure misses her terribly. It's more than one month, in fact it's been one month, 3 days and 14 hours since he last saw her. Is she missing him too?

 

-

 

They were many fans at the airport, Luna struggled to avoid bumping at them while they try to get pictures. She was following Amber while Victoria is walking before them and Sulli bringing the rear. She adjusted her sunglasses as the crowd continued to follow them. Shinee will be travelling with them and they were told that they're already waiting at the airport. She never said anything but she's totally nervous.

Her manager grabbed her elbow as more fans tried to swarm in. There's now a big space between her and Amber. She felt Sulli close behind her trying to keep up. Krystal will be joining them later since she has another schedule.

It took some time for them to be settled and they boarded the plane. She saw Key right away and he greeted her warmly. Minho smiled and nodded at her. Luna is seated with Amber and she had no time to check where Taemin is since the plane is ready to take off.

She fell asleep right away, she's been too tired because they had to practice their choreography for four people. They prided themselves in being in synced and the only way to that is to practice and dance together. Ever since debut they've worked hard in their dancing, honing their skills and working in their weaknesses to make themselves the best dancers. Everybody can dance but they want to make sure that only f(x) can dance flawlessly with their songs and that if anyone tried to copy their dance they'd remain second best to what f(x) can do.

Soon Amber is waking her up. Luna stretched and yawned looking around but Taemin is nowhere to be seen. Did he not join Shinee?

"Sunyoung," Amber called to her when she still did not move.

It was easier now getting through the airport. It didn't take long for them to get inside their van and to their hotel. The whole time Luna did not see Taemin. 

"You can have two hours to freshen up or rest and we'll have to go to the stadium for practice," their manager reminded them. 

Luna went to wash her face first, Amber settled in lying facedown on the soft bed. They're sharing rooms and Luna is glad it's with Amber. Of course she'd shared rooms with Sulli and Victoria before but she likes having quiet time with Amber. She never bothers with cleaning up the room or scolding her for making a mess. She's usually the one who makes trouble for Amber.

The room is big even for the two of them. When she came out of the bathroom Amber is already on her back fast asleep.

Her mind drifted again to Taemin and why she has not seen him earlier.

Could it be he's avoiding her?

 

-

 

They rehearsed right away when they arrived in the stadium, she had no time looking for Taemin but she met EXO and of course Jongin was there. It's easier now, much easier for them to look each other in the eye though Luna would not hold his gaze longer than necessary. How much more time would they need to be friends like before?

"You're done?" Jongin asked and handed her a bottled water.

She nodded her head before she opened the bottle to drink. "Congratulations on your new album."

He grinned at her. "Thanks." He leaned on the post while f(x) waited for more instructions and EXO slowly gather too. "We've been too busy I hardly see my family." 

Luna patted his shoulder wanting to comfort him. "You'd have your vacation soon."

He turned to her and smiled. "I'm not complaining, more work means more chance for securing the fandom and the group." Luna is aware of the troubles EXO is having though nothing is confirmed yet.

"I'm so proud of you," Luna said. "We've been dreaming of this and now we're both here!"

Jongin chuckled and Luna relaxed. 

"We still got a long way to go, sunbae." He knew Luna doesn't want him calling her sunbae. He laughed when he saw her experession. She eyed him for a while and joined him and they were both laughing when Sehun came to tell Jongin that their manager is calling him.

"I'll see you around," Jongin reached out and grabbed her hand giving it a squeeze before letting go.

Sehun watched the exchange and even though he resigned himself that his feelings for Luna would not be reciprocated he felt a twinge that he thought he'd never felt again.

"Sehunnie," Luna grasped his hand easily and he smiled readily at her feeling foolish that just a simple touch and that sunny smile of hers could make his heart speed its beat.

"It's nice to see you," he said quite shy that her touch lingered a bit on his hand.

"Wah, it seems like you're getting taller and more handsome every time I see you." Luna circled him and pinched his cheeks when she faced him again.

"I think you should wear glasses," Sehun said but feeling a bit of a blush on his cheeks.

"I should really keep in touch more right? It's been ages since the last time I saw you."

They talked for a few more minutes before Amber called Luna because f(x) is leaving. She waved goodbye to Sehun and to the rest of EXO, unaware of the pair of sad eyes watching her.

-

Taemin watched as Luna laughed with Jongin. They look good together, they look comfortable and they look happy. He wanted to grab Luna, pull her close and inhale that special scent on her hair. He misses her terribly that he dreams of her on some nights.

Why can't he just walk there and do just that? 

Is he afraid that she'd reject him?

He heard Jonghyun just the other night telling Key that he must be afraid that Luna would totally break up with him and forget about them being married at some point. He can't seem to break the news to his parents. Somehow doing that would mean it's final. And what if they demand that they marry for real? What would happen to their managers who were only helping them at that time? 

It's unfair and he felt cheated. Somehow it gets even more complicated.

"You can just go there and say hi, you know." He heard Key said from behind. He didn't turn to look at him. "Do you really think hiding here would solve anything?' Still he did not reply. He heard him sigh. "I know you're afraid that she would reject you. That maybe she was just comfortable with being your wife. That maybe given a choice again she would not be willing to marry you. We can stand here all day and discuss all the maybes in the world or you could man up and approach her."

Taemin stood his ground still not turning to face Key.

"If you do approach her, you'll at least have your answer. If it's a yes or a no. Then you can torture yourself with the thoughts of her every night. Don't do this Taemin. Don't make yourself suffer just because you don't want to face the truth."

Still no answer from Taemin.

"The night you and Luna ended up in one bed, I was there. I didn't know you'd come home. She didn't want to sleep in Onew's room or my room and I didn't want her to sleep on the couch. That's why she was in your room. Once she opened the door and saw that it's your room she immediately jumped on the bed and snuggled with your blanket. I can't remove her. She said she loves how your room smells, that it reminds her of her old room."

This time Taemin turned to Key. It was the first time that Key talked about that night. 

"I didn't know we'd get in trouble at that time. Every thing happened so fast that it was too late and then your parents and her parents are already talking about marriage." It was insane. He felt so helpless at that time.

Taemin still did not say anything.

"The condoms, were mine." Key blurted. He saw the surprise on Taemin's face and now a smile then he laughed. Key watched as Taemin hollered and laughed almost getting the attention of everyone around them.

"Yah Lee Taemin!"

He held up his hand as if telling Key to give him a few minutes to settle and stop laughing.

Key glared at him until he finally stopped.

"Sorry, it was just your face was too funny." Key tried to kick him but Taemin was too fast for him.

"As I was saying, the condoms found in you room were all mine. But not the used one."

Taemin nodded. "That was mine."

Key's eyes buldged with shock. He opened his mouth but no words would come out. Taemin watched him struggle then to his astonishment Key just screamed.

"You're the one who used the !" And the worst part is that he screamed just when everybody was not talking, and he did it for like four times.

Minho immediately went to them and covered Key's mouth.

"Yah hyung!" Taemin tried to grab Key but Minho hauled him off.

Onew and Jonghyun came to aid Minho. Shinee's manager scratched his head. He knew that just about every one heard that.

He saw Luna approaching them and he knew that she saw Taemin.

"Taemin!" She called as she was coming nearer but Taemin did not hear anything and continued to follow his hyungs back out of the stage.

"Taemin!" Luna called again.

"Sunyoung!" Victoria called her back. "We need to go."

She looked back but Taemin was too far. She hurried to follow Victoria and the others. She heard some staff murmur about Taemin.

"Did Key really shout about Taemin using condoms?"

"Well that's what I heard."

"Oohhh so the maknae has a girlfriend tucked somewhere!" 

"Wonder who?" 

Luna tried not to listen but she heard every one talking about it. Why did Key shout for everyone to hear? And why were they talking about condoms?

"Sunyoung come quick! Her manager called her to get on the van.

She sat beside Amber and every one fell quiet. Awkward quiet.

Victoria coughed.

Amber dropped her bottled water.

Sulli looked from left to right.

"Uhm..." their manager started to say.

Victoria looked at Luna, she was sitting in front with their other manager oppa.

"So Taemin used the ?" Victoria said.

"Unnie!" all three screamed at the same time.

"I was asleep!" Luna said.

"You were drunk," Victoria said playfully.

"I'm not comfortable talking about this!"

No one spoke another word until they got to the hotel and she was safe again from Victoria's teasing. Amber changed her clothes and went out to shop with Victoria and their manager. Luna fell asleep and only woke up to someone knocking or more likely pounding on the door.

Taemin pushed the door right away when it was opened surprising Luna. 

"Taemin?!" Taemin covered before she could talk again. 

"Key hyung is hunting me. I need to hide. He'll be here any minute now." 

Luna was too surprised to ask him why and immediately got down to help him. "You can hide here." Taemin shook his head not wanting to hide in the bathroom. "Closet?"

Taemin looked at the closet but shook his head again. 

"Then where?" Before he could answer they heard Key from the other side of the door asking to let him in.

"Otoke!" Luna gasped and grabbed Taemin's hand and shoved him to Amber's bed. She then covered him with the blankets signaled for him to be quiet.

Key was about to knock again when Luna opened the door.

"Oppa!"

"Sunyoung-ah, is Taemin here?" he asked but it seems like he already knows that Taemin is inside.

"Whatever gave you the idea oppa? I haven't seen him since..." Taemin heard the lie and he knew that Luna is acting way too obvious.

"Park Sunyoung!" She jumped when Key yelled. "I need to see Taemin, that little devil needs to get punished."

Luna went to seat on Amber's bed and Key noticed the person lying on the bed. "Is that Amber?"

"Bwoh?" Luna could feel sweat on her palms.

"You didn't tell me Amber is sleeping."

"Amber unnie? Oh yeah!" Luna clapped her hands and stood up. "Unnie is really tired, and Taemin is not here. Oppa should go look somewhere else."

"Park Sunyoung," Key grabbed Luna's shoulders. "If you see Taemin, call me okay? That kid is dangerous and he needs to be punished." 

"Of course," Luna replied not daring to ask what happened. She lighly pushed Key out and was glad he did not complain.

Luna heaved a sigh of relief when Key was finally gone.

"Thanks," Taemin said when he came out of the blankets.

"You're welcome." Then came the awkward silence.

Taemin was looking anywhere but Luna and she was staring at her own feet.

.

.

.

Luna felt cold rush all over her body when she felt his arms around her.

.

.

.

Then he kissed the top of her head and her body warmed up.

"Taemin."

"Do you know that I think of you even when I'm singing that I forget the lyrics of our songs? I think of you even when I'm asleep I think. I can't continue like this Sunyoung. I thought I'd be okay after a while, give you time but that's not me. And I don't want to live like that. It doesn't matter if you like me because you thought I was your husband, I'll make you love me again. You can reject me but I'll knock at your door again, and if you don't open. I'll break the windows and force myself in." He pulled her even closer and Luna wrapped her arms around his waist making Taemin smile. "It's bad, so bad that I think I'm becoming obsessed. I can't think right, I can't sleep right. I eat but not really tasting the food. You see, I can live without you but I do not want to live without you. Never. I'd die inside if I don't have you Sunyoung."

"Saranghae..."

"Bwoh?" Taemin was startled.

"Saranghae Taemin." She said amidst uncotrollable tears.

"Nado saranghae Sunyoung-ah." He wiped her tears dry but they just keep on coming. "Why are you crying so much?"

"Because that was the longest speech I ever heard from you." She chuckled.

"You think so?" She nods her head and embraced him again. "I have a lot to say but you already said you love me so I rest my case."

"Ani, I want to hear them all."

"Some other time."

"Wae?"

"Because Key hyung is going to murder me?"

"Bwoh?" Luna laughed and pulled out from his embrace. He thinks she's crazy, crying so much at one time then laughing so hard the next second. But he loves her. And he loves that she's crazy.

"Yah! What's so funny? You're happy Key hyung wants to kill me?"

"I think I know why he wants to kill you."

"So you know?" 

"About the ?" Luna said and Taemin blushed. "Why are you blusing?"

"You're not supposed to think about that." Taemin said Luna laughed louder. "I used it to pee. Happy?"

This only made Luna laughed out loud. "Yah Park Sunyoung!" Taemin shouted. Stop laughing!"

"LEE TAEMIN! I can hear your voice! I know you're inside!" 

"Otoke! What are we gonna do?" Luna panicked and tried to shove Taemin inside the closet. 

Taemin captured her hands to stop her. "It's okay Sunyoung-ah, I think Key hyung will not really murder me."

"Key oppa sound serious!"

"Why don't we open the door and find out?" Taemin calmly said.

"Aniyo! We can't risk it!" But Taemin unlocked the door and pulled it open revealing the other four SHINEE members holding one long stemmed rose each. Onew with white, Jonghyun with yellow, Minho with pink and Key with blue.

"Oppa!" Luna exclaimed. All of them were smiling and Key was trying not to laugh.

"Park Sunyoung. Please accept this flower, as a symbol of Taemin's love. We can't practice well because of him." Onew said.

Jonghyun also handed her the yellow rose. "He changes the lyrics to Luna. Like Luna Nomo Yeoppo."

Minho also did the same. "His room looks like a jungle since you left."

"Please don't leave him again Sunyoung. We want to live longer." Key said handing her the last rose.

"Neh oppa," Luna said.

"Park Sunyoung," Taemin called her. And when Luna turned around Taemin was on ihs knee with holding a ring.

"Taemin!"

"I can't say marry me right now right away. But once you're ready. Anytime, anywhere. Just say it and I'd marry you in a heartbeat." Taemin said looking up at her lovely face. Her face with no make up, her face full of tears. And he loved her more today seeing her like this.

"Marriage is just a piece of paper. But our marriage will be different. We'll fight, always. I'd always get jealous. You'll always have a lot to say but I'd rather argue with you than have quiet afternoons. I'd rather sleep with all of your stuff toys than sleep alone. I'll even eat any experiment you'll make in the kitchen."

"Yah Lee Taemin!" Key interrupts.

"We won't be perfect Sunyoung, we won't always have sunshines and roses. But I'll be your rainbow after the rain. Saranghae. Marry me when you are ready."

"Yes!" The couple hugged each other while the others watched.

"Hyung, are you crying?" Minho asked Jonghyun. 

"Of course not!" Jonghyun said while wiping his face.

"Our baby maknae..." Key said while Onew pats his back.

"How dare you start without us!" Victoria shouts but her face was grinning and yes she's also crying..

"I caught everything on camera!" Amber proudly said. 

"I caught their reactions on camera," Sulli said pointing at Shinee.

"Congratulations unnie!" Krystal was the first one to hug Luna, then the other started to hug and congratulate the couple.

"You can't marry before me the second time arasseo?" Victoria said holding Luna close to her. "You'll have to wait for like ten years!" Luna laughed together with her members.

"But noona, how would I give you pretty little nieces if you won't let us marry sooner?" Taemin said grinning even daring to wink at the f(x) leader.

"Yah Lee Taemin!" Luna and the rest shouted at once and Taemin ran for his life.

 

 

 

 

-END-

?

 

Yes that's it! Sorry for not updating the story. This has been on draft while I was thinking of how to end my first TUNA fic. Huhuhu I had fun writing this and yes I struggled writing this story because of all that happened with f(x) and SM. I started this APRIL 18, 2013 and it took more than three years to finish!

I think I won't make another one like this. It's hard to keep up with their real life. haha

Please continue supporting Luna my only female bias in KPOP.

I want to say I have a new baby though I won't make fics for him. (crossing fingers) 

Infinite Sungjong, the most precious living organism in the universe. 

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THOSE WHO STUCK WITH THIS FIC <3

THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME CHECKING THE FIC FOR UPDATES, FOR THOSE WHO NEVER FORGOT TO LEAVE COMMENTS <3

THANK YOU MY SUBSCRIBERS

 

my baby maknae! sorry I just had to share this gif.

Please do leave your last thoughts for the last chapter!