Chapter 21 – New Life

Hyunseong's Wish

 

 

Kwangmin and Youngmin looked at each other while frowning after their hyung left for… Did they hear it wrong or Hyunseong said he would have a date?

It’s not like they underestimated their own hyung, but Hyunseong owning a lover is just a bit… unbelievable?

“Who’s that could be hyung?” Kwangmin asked curiously, but Youngmin simply shrugged his shoulder. Who knew the one who could melt Hyunseong’s cold heart?

The minutes passed as they ate silently beside each other, no one knew what to say because the atmosphere seemed to be awkward all of sudden.

Kwangmin bitted his lips in wary, fingers gripping on the spoon and fork that he held tensely. He should confess to Youngmin about something. Something that was almost forgotten by him because of the overwhelming happiness he has felt.

But, will he understand?

“Youngmin hyung.” 

Youngmin tilted his head to face his younger twin and reached for his hand. He intertwined their hands together as looking him in the eyes, just like he had known about what his twin going to say.

“I am going to break someone’s heart.” Kwangmin said cautiously, gaze dropped onto the white floor as he scared if Youngmin suddenly would snap or hit him without any further explanation.

“Who do you choose then? Or should I say that you have already chosen me over that person.”

Kwangmin looked up to his brother who was smiling warmly and caressing his knuckles under his palm.

“You aren’t mad, are you?”

Youngmin smiled, shaking his head then placed a caste kiss on Kwangmin’s lips.

“Nope. Just let that person know that you two need to end it. You need to be responsible.”

“You think so?” Kwangmin smiled before inhaled deeply and his hyung nodded his head.

“Yeah, you have to.”

 

***  

Hyunseong could sense that Jeongmin stiffened beside him. The small hands around his arms tightened as two people who called him earlier came closer.

“Jeongmin-ah?” Hyunseong drifted his gaze to Jeongmin and back to the people who was running toward them in despair.

“Hyung, you need to be hurry!” the person was panting as he dropped his knees in front of Hyunseong and held his hands quite tightly.

“What? What do you mea-“

“Minwoo is right, you need to hurry.” The other person spoke as his eyes glued to the unmoved guardian beside Hyunseong. It made Hyunseong sure that the elder guy could see Jeongmin just like he did. But it didn’t answer any of questions inside his head. How could he see Jeongmin? What was his relationship with Jeongmin?

Hyunseong of course confused as hell. They were coming suddenly and asked him to be hurry. What for? They didn’t even tell him anything beside to be hurry.

“Just come with us.”

“No! The hell I will go into your trap again.” Jeongmin breathed out and threw a smirk over his lips.

The shadow of the incident when Donghyun used him to get into human’s world, to the evidence of the world by threw him instead as a slave guardian really boiled his blood.

“I told you I didn’t know about scarifying you as the price for getting into human’s world.” Donghyun dropped onto his knees and bowed his head repeatedly. He knew that he was a jerk, he even said that he wouldn’t let go of Minwoo and kill Hyunseong instead, which mean he will also kill his beloved friend. He was such a bastard for thinking about it. But, after all this time, his love for Minwoo is just going deeper and bigger until he couldn’t let go of him entirely.

“We have to save ourselves!” Minwoo shouted, hand gripping tightly around Hyunseong’s wrist.

“Ourselves? You mean the two of you?” Jeongmin snickered as glared the older beside Minwoo.  His eyes still full of the visible hatred for the older who sighed soundly.

“All of us. Not only Me and Minwoo. Jeongmin, look! I’m sorry for what I’ve done. I didn’t know myself about you to be the price for-“

“SHUT UP! I’ve heard enough. I don’t want to believe you. Not anymore!”

Donghyun messaged his temples, didn’t know what he should do because of his friend’s stubbornness.

“Hyunseong has decided his wish on the first day.” Jeongmin smiled slyly as he tried to break free from Hyunseong’s arms. He could see the widened eyes in front of him. How those big eyes of his friend grew wide as his mouth was agape, stumbled of word. Fear barely visible on the couple’s faces who astounding looking at each other.

“Surprised, huh?!” Jeongmin’s smirk became scarier to Hyunseong liking. He never thought Jeongmin as a bad or vicious creature. He always has his smile with him even though he always end up ignored him. Yet, he has been so lovely recently until Hyunseong was captivated by him.   

“But, you said that the last wish should be at your last day. Is that only a lie?” Hyunseong demanded an answer from the one on his arm, but the guardian only snorted without giving an answer.

“Jeongminnie, it’s not like you. Why are you being like this? We can fix this! The Embezzle guardian will help us.” Donghyun persuaded him quite harder, kneeling in front of him. Begging for the younger’s trust.

“Do you still believe him? That Embezzle guardian wouldn’t take request without something in return. I’m not doing it.” Jeongmin emphasized on his reject word.

Just then Donghyun realized what Jeongmin tried to do. His eyes closed as he tried to concentrate to vanish from Hyunseong’s embrace.

“Jeongmin, wait!”

Donghyun’s hand only grabbed the empty space where Jeongmin used to exist just now.

Hyunseong watched everything in shock. What would happen to all of them? If his second wish was granted it would be Jeongmin and Donghyun who would be killed. Then, just like his wish he would be with Minwoo. But it didn’t give him any pleasant feeling because he had realized how his feeling toward the younger was. He liked him just like his own brother, last week he might don’t know his own heart. However, Jeongmin was like a key for him to escape from Minwoo.

Minwoo came closer and placed his hand upon Donghyun’s shoulder, tears running down as he knew what would happen next might be their ending. Hyunseong could only watch everything in sorrow. It was not what he wanted.

With a sweet smile Donghyun put his palm over Minwoo’s hand on his shoulder before the younger pulled his hand back as he cried in pain. Donghyun watched in horror when he became aware about this. He burnt Minwoo’s hand. He has his power back. And that wasn’t good news for him. It meant he had been to be a half guardian and a half human.

Minwoo tried to smile nonchalantly and hid his hand from Donghyun’s scared face. “Are you okay?” Donghyun reached for Minwoo before stopped after realizing he would burn Minwoo for the second time. So he quickly pulled his hand back and muttered sorry to the younger.

“I’m okay hyung. The important thing is we should bring Jeongmin hyung to our place and have our normal life. A life for Jeongmin hyung too.” Minwoo said, reassuring the panic Donghyun.

Hyunseong seemed hesitant for a moment before Minwoo tapped his shoulder harshly to bring him back to the reality. “Hyunseong hyung, we need to find him! Bring him to my flat quickly. I will look for him in the library and the park with Donghyun hyung. Call me if you’ve found him!”

Hyunseong stared the couple splitting their ways to find whereabouts Jeongmin at that time.

“Jeongmin-ah?!” he shouted the name along his way home, not bothering about people who might have their peaceful evening would be intruded by him. He would be lying if he said that he wasn’t worried, scared, and desperate. He barely knew about the thing that Minwoo and his boyfriend had planned for them. Nonetheless, he thought that he could trust them.

“Jeongmin-ah! Let’s have a talk..!” Hyunseong shouted that name again when he arrived at his home. No one was there. Even the twins also didn’t on their room. He went to his room first only to find the empty bedroom and an opened window. He sighed and ran his hands through his hair, feeling frustrated.

“Where could he be?” He questioned the blowing air that ironically seemed really nice brushing his skin.

His heartbeat was thumping rapidly inside his chest as he scanned his room and looked out through the window. That was when something familiar looked shining from the bush as sudden thought emerged into his mind.

“Jeongmin-ah!” he called the name as he dashed out to the garden above his window, only to find the shining thing that was Jeongmin’s broken mirror.

“Jeongmin, you’re here aren’t you? Please, answer me.” Hyunseong looked around that place. He was sure Jeongmin was somewhere near him, because he said that his mirror reflects him. And Hyunseong knew Jeongmin was also broken, but still framed just like the mirror on his hand.

“Jeongmin, do you know why I asked you out today?! Jeongmin-ah… I don’t want you to disappear. I want you to stay!” Hyunseong shouted on the top of his lungs, eyes observing the seemed empty garden with pine trees that surrounding him in darkness.

“I can’t..”

Hyunseong turned his heels and found Jeongmin stood just right behind him. Face pale with silver eyes.

“Nothing is fine when Embezzle guardian comes into it.” Jeongmin sounds desperate as crashed into Hyunseong’s chest, hugging him with all of his remaining strength.

Hyunseong’s right hand patted his head whereas the other placed on the guardian’s waist, giving support for his weakened body. He wasn’t sure about the so called Embezzle guardian, but he knew he could trust Minwoo. He Jeongmin’s cheek that make the latter lift his wet face to look at Hyunseong. He sensed fear, sadness, and desperation on those awfully beautiful silver irises.

“Get on my back.”

Nevertheless, Jeongmin was remaining silent and didn’t even move an inch from his standing place. Could he trust this guy? Did he really want to be engage with this very guy who offered him a piggyback?    

He was still stiffened when Hyunseong approached him. The boy once again trailed his fingers on his cheeks, cupping his face. Jeongmin did nothing when Hyunseong leaned forward to capture his lips. His body went numb, he couldn’t move, he didn’t want to anyway. He could see how Hyunseong fixed his eyes on him as his full lips caressing his lips softly. His movement on Jeongmin’s lips was painfully slow just like he was desperate in having those lips on his again.

They didn’t want it to end, however when Hyunseong’s phone rang on his pocket their kiss should come to an end. Hyunseong picked the phone up and got a grip on Jeongmin’s wrist.

After he hung up the phone, he turned to Jeongmin and gave him a brief kiss before squatted down in front of Jeongmin, his back facing the guardian.

“Will you?”

Jeongmin bitted his lower lip, he was nervous as hell. However, it seemed like they didn’t have any other choices.

 

***

“Hyung, are you sure he will help us?”Minwoo asked Donghyun who stood next to him, a guardian so called as Embezzle guardian stood up and smirking in front of them. From wherever Minwoo saw him, it were only dark auras that surrounding him.

“Minwoo!”

They tilted their head to see someone calling from the front door. There was standing Hyunseong with Jeongmin on his back; barely moving but still has his eyes wide open.

“Well, nice to see you again Prince Jeongmin.” He said it with a grin, a suspicious grin to be exact.

“Nice to see the princes here forcing their lucks and fates.”

“Shut up and do your job!” Jeongmin was the one who hissed at the black robe guardian.

“I understand. Now, should I tell you the consequences? Or you called it as a payment here.”

“Just let me pay for every single thing.” Donghyun snapped, didn’t have enough patient with their strict time.

“You will swap your mates. So, everyone gives me your hands please.” The Embezzle guardian chuckled while examining the hands in front of him. He pulled out something from his sleeve, making the others to look at each other feeling confused. But they what the guardian said anyway.

A small knife slit their hands in a fast light. Groans could be heard from Hyunseong and Minwoo, and the two young guardians widened their eyes.

“Make a round and held each other hands, quick. You don’t have much time. Ah.. You make me crazy actually. Tsk!” the Embezzle guardian muttering some incoherent words under his breath.

“Argh..!” Minwoo felt like he was burnt when he held Donghyun’s hand, but stayed still as his other hand held Hyunseong’s tightly. Donghyun almost let go of Minwoo’s hand when the younger mouthing ‘no’ as he knew it would ruin everything. They just need to bear the pain. Hyunseong stayed as calm as possible and had his eyes on Jeongmin who closed his eyes tightly.

“Are you okay?” Hyunseong asked in a low voice, his energy suddenly drained in a blink of an eye. The latter didn’t say anything and gave him a nod with a small smile on the corner of his lips.

Jeongmin images become blurry and when he threw a glance toward Minwoo, the younger almost had his eyes closed along with so much sweat run down his temples. The grips on both of his hands become tighter before he surrounded in black.

Hyunseong groaned and held his head to see Minwoo had woken up and shook Donghyun’s body next to Jeongmin, their hand still on each other. When Donghyun had his eyes opened Minwoo didn’t hesitate to cuddle and kiss his lips like crazy. Those two, Hyunseong began to wonder about their love stage.

Didn’t want to see more he quickly sat up and found Jeongmin opened his eyes slowly. He seemed observing his surrounding and sighed in relief when he sensed they were still on Minwoo’s flat and the Embezzle guardian had gone already.

“Are you okay?” 

Jeongmin rubbed his eyes and nodded slowly. Then he also sat almost immediately and grabbed his pocket, just like knew what was on his mind Hyunseong handed him the mirror he found before.

“I don’t know what to say.” Jeongmin muttered and held Hyunseong’s body firmly, embosoming Hyunseong’s waist with a smile on his lips.

“Just say that you love me too.” Hyunseong said, whispering the words onto Jeongmin’s ear.

  

 

*End*

***

It’s end… *throw confetti*

And it’s long… hope you didn’t sleep when you read it… kekeke~

I hope I don’t make all of you disappointed guys…

Thank you for always stay with me through these years in AFF J

This is my first story either in AFF or BYF(FanPage) ^^

Thank you for subscribe and comment on my story… and thank you for you all of you who upvoted my story too :’D I really appreciate it…

I love you all… 

-JeongRhie-