Chapter 20 – The Last Day

Hyunseong's Wish

 

“You mean you’re giving up?” Jeongmin judged as slowly made his way back beside Hyunseong.

Hyunseong smiled faintly and nodded once as a confirmation. He reached for Jeongmin’s hand then held it tightly on his slightly bigger hand.

“You said that tomorrow will be D-Day, right?”

Jeongmin didn’t say anything but only nodded as his eyes landed on their intertwined hands.

“Let’s go hangout tomorrow.”

 ***

The sun which was shining brightly gave a warm feeling on the frozen day.

Youngmin and Kwangmin sat on the bed, bowing their heads as breathing deeply. Guilt started to crawl inside their chest as they remembered their hyung’s sad face. Their hyung must be disappointed.

They couldn’t sleep after Hyunseong left them with that hurt expression. Their eyes are red and black circles also appeared around those usually bright eyes.

“What should we do hyung?” Kwangmin was the one who spoke up. Staring his hyung that was leaning on the bedpost, fingers massaging his temple as dizziness came into his head.

“We need to talk to Hyunseong hyung. I don’t want to make him upset.” 

 “You’re right. Besides, he said that he could understand.”

Smiled appeared on their face in a second when they recalled about what Hyunseong said to them last night.

They hope it wasn’t just bull when he actually said he could understand.

They quickly got down from their bed and went to the kitchen only to be welcomed by Hyunseong smiling face.

“Good morning, twins?”

“Hyung… we love you so much.” Youngmin and Kwangmin immediately hugged Hyunseong who gasped lightly and chuckled.

“Hey, what’s getting into you two?” Hyunseong frowned and giggled before ruffling his two brothers’ hair lovingly.

“You aren’t mad right?” Kwangmin asked with his big eyes, looked like a puppy who want to get affection from his owner.

“No. I was just a bit… shock? Yeah… Don’t worry. Now, let’s get our breakfast. I make donkatsu, spaghetti, and omelet too. ”

The twins seemed really happy with the answer and quickly set themselves on the dining table, showing a bright smile to their hyung. Hyunseong is just too kind and pure, and they didn’t know how they would be without him.

Jeongmin stayed silent beside Hyunseong who chatted happily with his brothers, talking about nothing important.

How could he be so happy when he knew that he would die? Doesn’t he feel mad because someone or a creature to be exact, replacing him and will make him die. Doesn’t he want to take his place and make revenge?

“I’ve done. Eat a lot you two.” Hyunseong said as he rose from the chair.

“Where are you going hyung?” the twins asked.

“To my room.”

 

Hyunseong closed the door behind him and sighed heavily, ignoring Jeongmin that had his gaze at him with sad eyes.

“What do you want to do?” Jeongmin inquired and stood beside Hyunseong.

“Didn’t I’ve said it yesterday? We, hangout. Let’s go.” Hyunseong answered with a bitter smile.

He took Jeongmin’s hand in his as stepped into the kitchen where the twins were still having their breakfast.

“Youngmin-ah, you have to take care of Kwangmin and protect him. And you two should be happy when I’m not around.” Hyunseong said, suddenly came behind the twins and hugged them tightly.

“I’m going out. Make your own dinner guys.”

“Where are you going hyung?” Youngmin asked, feeling suspicious because his hyung looked so… crooked.”

“Dating.”

The twins looked to each other in silent.

“I don’t know that Hyunseong hyung has a lover.”

“Me neither.” 

 ***

“I’m so happy today. I can at least pretend that I’m going out and have a date.” Hyunseong stated while gripping on Jeongmin’s shoulder carelessly.

Jeongmin felt uncertain, Hyunseong pretend to be happy, doesn’t he?

“Everyone is looking at you like you are a crazy civilian. Do you forget that I’m still invisible?

“So, you can be visible?” Hyunseong asked dumbly. Jeongmin dragged him to a corner of an alley, releasing a deep breath while looking around to make sure that there wouldn’t be anyone who saw his sudden appearance.

“Not for a very long time.” Jeongmin said after a second.

Hyunseong felt that nothing was change on Jeongmin beside his clothes. The old-fashioned clothes now changed into a casual modern one that made the guardian looked more attractive.

“Wow, I guess that we’re ready.” Hyunseong mumbled, still a little bit shock by the rapid transformation.

“Of course we are. What are couples usually do?”

Hyunseong smiled or smirked to be exact, tapping his finger on his chin.

“Let’s figure it out later.” Hyunseong smiled and ruffled Jeongmin’s hair lovingly. He wanted to do it so badly, to be close and endearing someone.

Hyunseong ignored some pair of eyes that gazed them oddly. He just realized that they even wore the same clothes. That is why people laid their eyes on them. But he didn’t care about what people would say about him.

Jeongmin looked so adorable with his face that a bit covered with the scarf. It made his face looked smaller and cute. He intertwined their hands together just like most of couples do.

Hyunseong enjoyed their trip to Lotte World really much. That was the time when Jeongmin was talking nonstop as they sat in a bus. He didn’t need to hold back and ignored the guardian because now he could be seen by everyone.

“Let’s go inside, we will ride as many as you want.”

“Or, it’s as you want.” Jeongmin chuckled before entering the gate hand in hand with Hyunseong.

They were laughing, forgetting about the cruel world to decide their fate. Hyunseong didn’t care whether he would die and Jeongmin didn’t care if he endangered himself by crossing the line. For once, they just want to feel a thing that people called as LOVE. Even though they thought that the person beside them are just made use of each other to feel the fake love which is not. They didn’t know when it was started, and how it could bloom in a short amount of time. But you could feel the love was spreading itself around them.

Ice cream on their hands, small talk, a bit skin ship made their day perfect as a couple.

It was 6 in the evening and Hyunseong sensed that Jeongmin’s face became paler along with his steps that turned slower.

“Jeongminnie, are you okay?” Hyunseong stopped from his track and turned the guardian to face him.

Jeongmin smiled hearing the nickname, “Yeah, I’m fine. I want to ride that by the way.”

“No! Tell me what happens first!” Hyunseong stated firmly and brought him to the bench on the side of the path.

“We only have some hours. Let’s do what else you want to do. I’ll be fine, you should think about yourself Hyunseong.” Jeongmin said softly. They didn’t have so much time. He just became frail as the hours passed.

“You’re too weak. Let’s go home.”

“Let’s ride that before going home. Please.” Jeongmin asked pleadingly and clasped his hands together.

Hyunseong huffing before tapped his back and squad in front of Jeongmin.

“Come on. You’re too weak to walk by your own.” Hyunseong murmured, looking lovingly to Jeongmin who was astounding on his place.

“Thank you hyung.” Jeongmin let his head rest upon Hyunseong crooked neck.

Inside the ferish wheel Hyunseong took Jeongmin’s head on his shoulder, looking the changing sky outside the window. And Jeongmin was happy even though he knew that he only be a substitute. Hyunseong might be imagining someone else on his embrace right now. He might be imagining Jeongmin as someone he loved.

But he was fine with that, at least… Yeah, at least he can pretend that someone loved him, that he is worthy to someone else.  

“Jeongminnie, you do not sleep, do you?”

“Nope. I can’t sleep. I’m a guardian, did you forget?” Jeongmin chuckled. He, himself sometimes forgot about him being a guardian. Hyunseong made his human being feeling felt alive.

“No. I clearly remember how a figure of boy sat on my dining table last week and changed my life entirely.”

“I’m sorry.”

“No, I’m so thankful because you are here.” Hyunseong caressed Jeongmin’s hair softly while adoring the boy that he truly wanted to spend the rest of his life with. He didn’t know how, but he just felt that Jeongmin is the one.

***

“Hyunseong, what else a couple does when they have a date?”

Hyunseong sighed and looked Jeongmin in the face. The face that facing him was pale and tired.

“Listen Jeongmin, you look like you will pass out in a second.”

“But I won’t! I’m a guardian and I won’t pass out.” Jeongmin denied while pouting his lips and frowning, arms crossed on his torso.

“Right right, let’s go home and grabbed some teokbokki on our way home.” Hyunseong commanded. But it was so gentle that made Jeongmin had a small smile on his face. He like it, no. he loved it, spending time with Hyunseong and forgetting about who he was just for a while.  

 Jeongmin could felt the warmth of Hyunseong’s palm around his hands that ridiculously was smaller than Hyunseong.

“You want me to piggyback you?” Hyunseong asked carefully.

“I can’t keep being a human; I’ve lost so much energy.”

“Come on.” Hyunseong carried him and dropped him gently behind a building.

Hyunseong could see Jeongmin’s shirt back to the old one and a sigh escaped from his lips.

“Hyunseong hyung..!!” Hyunseong turned to face a couple who was approaching him, actually it was the younger one who dragged the other to his standing place.

“Jeongmin-ah, what should I do?” Hyunseong whispered

 

***

A/N : Hi ^^

one chapter remaining and it will come to the ending^^

thank you my beloved subscribers and everyone who comments on this story… thank you so much…