Chapter 14 – The rules

Hyunseong's Wish

Chapter 14 – The rules

 

 

Jeongmin was waiting outside while Hyunseong had his brain in training during his study. He tried to pay attention to his teacher, listening to what his teacher said.

After a couple of hours finally Hyunseong could breathe in relief because the class has ended. The twins had left because Hyunseong needed to stay for additional class. He’s in his last year for high school, so he must study harder for the final examination.

He walked heading the door and saw Jeongmin leaning on the wall.

He could see from his corner eyes that Jeongmin following him but didn’t say a thing like he used to.

That had been four days for Jeongmin stay with him.

Just three days left before Jeongmin gone.

He wished that he could turn the time to the past when Jeongmin came to him. He indeed regretting his first wish but he could do nothing. Even Jeongmin seemed giving up when they talked about it.

 

Hyunseong walked alone, but he knew that Jeongmin was there, behind him to protect him. He walked slowly to his house and across the park near his house. The park was so crowded, there was many people who enjoying their evening. Some teenagers like him gathered and laughing together with their friends, eating something like dokbokki in their hands.

 

 

 

Hyunseong was so deep in thought until he unaware that there was a car that driving fast to his direction.

Beep beep…

 

The sound from the car surprising him, but that was too late for him to avoid it. Not to mention that he was stunned in his spot like he had given up as letting fate showed up its decision.

‘Ommona, umma..’

He closed his eyes for something that would be come, but after a few seconds there was nothing happen.

Instead, there was Jeongmin who hugging him and he was already stood on the side of the road.

“Watch out! You could be dead if you always lost in mind.” He could hear Jeongmin said against his chest. The guardian was panting hard and a bit trembling, even he was panting Hyunseong still couldn’t feel the heartbeat of his guardian. And he slapped his head in his mind because he just realized that Jeongmin had no heart inside those ribs chest.

Hyunseong looked to the people around the park that didn’t pay attention on him and still doing what they were doing before, like there was something never going to happen.

What it was mean that Jeongmin had saved him?

 

Hyunseong let go of Jeongmin’s arms around his waist, and he gasped in surprise when he saw some scratch and blood that drooling between that bangs which covering Jeongmin’s forehead.

“Jeongmin, you…”

“Gwenchana. I’ll explain it later.”

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

Hyunseong strode briskly inside his room with Jeongmin following behind. He needed an explanation. He couldn’t wait to know what exactly had happened.

He locked the door then moved to lie on the bed, patting the space beside him for Jeongmin to join him.

Jeongmin sat on the edge of the bed but quickly standing up after he saw his blood dripped on Hyunseong’s bed sheet.

“I’m sorry to make your bed dirty, I can fix it.” Jeongmin swept the bed sheet which had some blood on it with his finger, and in a second the blood was gone.

‘!’ Jeongmin cursing in his mind when he felt that his head was throbbing badly.

He sometimes felt that being royalty wasn’t good at all. There are too many rules and too many things that made royalties are weaker than the common guardians. He even ever has thought that royalty guardians truthfully are the guardians who had been cursed.

 

“Jeongmin, are you okay?” Hyunseong shook his shoulders as he stared Hyunseong who gazing him with concern appeared in his eyes.

“Fine, I’ll recover later, but seems that it will take more time since you got injured very badly.” Jeongmin said and made Hyunseong frowned then pushed him to lie on the bed.

Jeongmin wanted to refuse at first but the boy seemed so stubborn and at last Jeongmin just letting his body lay on the bed.

“Your bed will get dirty.” Jeongmin whispered since his energy had been drain for doing such a thing. But it’s his job to be the guardian who has master, to protect his master.

Hyunseong rubbed his nape after feeling the awkward atmosphere began to surrounding them.

“It’s fine. I will wash it tomorrow. But what do you mean with I’m being badly injured?” He asked to the point. He really had no idea about the guardian jobs and stuff.

 

“You were crushed by that car back in the park.” Jeongmin muttered his answer, made Hyunseong felt more confuse with his answer.

 

“Look. You need to explain what was exactly happened back at the park. I don’t really understand, I mean the car didn’t hit me, right? I was standing on footpath at that time. Well, with you hugging me.” Hyunseong said, facing Jeongmin who gazing the ceiling.

“It’s about the rules. Should I let you know about my life story, about me who got punishment because a royalty guardian who crossed the line and broke the rule?”

Hyunseong wondering and he thought he knew who is the one Jeongmin had in mind.

 

‘Is it Donghyun?’ Hyunseong questioned in his mind.

 

“You know?” Jeongmin quickly turned his head to the side, facing Hyunseong who had bewildered face.

 

“I know what?” Hyunseong snapped from his spaced out when Jeongmin blurted suddenly.

“No, nothing.” Jeongmin replied fast. He won’t Hyunseong to know about the whole story of his life, not yet, not now.

 

“So, mind to tell me about the rule you mentioned a while ago?” Hyunseong looked at him directly; he could see the blood still dripping down to Jeongmin’s pale cheek.

“I think I have to let you know about the rules since you’re my master.”

Hyunseong listened to it carefully. Even his eyes seemed didn’t blink because the curiousness that had been taking over him.

“The first thing that you need to know is that I’m your guardian, and as your guardian I have to guard you, protect you.” Jeongmin began to explain.

“That does not explain about the thing that happened at the park.” Hyunseong didn’t have patient to wait for everything nonsense that Jeongmin said which not related to the thing he wanted to know, badly.

Jeongmin chuckled weakly, his head facing the guy.

“Then, the second thing that you have to know is about the time you gave me. The time that you wish, it was settled. That wasn’t your fault, its fate. My fate.” Jeongmin muttered the word softly; his eyes left the boy and staring back to the sky through the transparent ceiling.

Hyunseong had no word to say, he was speechless. Jeongmin didn’t blame him about the seven days that he wished. That was like something heavy has been taken away from his shoulder, a big burden about how guilty he was for made Jeongmin only have seven days as his guardian. But he was still felt guilt for wished for Jeongmin to disappear. He… however regretted it.

“Then, the third thing is about my ability.” Jeongmin sighed soundly.

“I can’t change your fate. When I knew that you will hurt, just like what happened at the park I couldn’t stop the incident to happen.”

“But the car didn’t hit me.” Hyunseong cut Jeongmin’s word off. He came closer to the guardian, demanding what the main point about all of this.

“You were, and it hit you hard. I just took your place. Do you remember when we were at your mother’s gallery on my third day?”

Hyunseong was drafting his eyes to look at Jeongmin. Hyunseong remembered that day when a mirror almost fell and hit him, but however it hit Jeongmin instead.

“So, you sacrifice for me?” Hyunseong asked.

“I’m your guardian, remember? but don’t worry, I will be better later. That’s all what you need to know. Your wish will be granted on my seventh day.”

 

Jeongmin flipped out from the bed and walked out through the window. Just when he rest his body on the cold grasses he saw a figure had been standing there for quiet long time, he guessed.

He slyly chuckled and glaring the person who stood up beside him.

“What do you want Donghyun-ssi?”

 

 

^_^6^_^6^_^6^_^6^_^6^_^6

 

Hi, I hope that you like this chapter… I’m not feeling that it is my best but I will try to improve… ^^

Thank you…
ppyong~