Chapter 16 – The Past and the Future

Hyunseong's Wish

 

Donghyun was tottering with chaotic feeling inside his heart. There was something named reality that hooked him and made him feeling badly guilty. He messed up his hair, sighing and huffing along his way home.

He sighed…

Home

 His heart stung in pain but he could feel the relieve feeling when he have thought that he would come home.

It was nothing but a building where he could have Minwoo in his arms, to see the small boy closed his eyes when sleeping beside him.

He didn’t know what would happen if he wasn’t with him, far from him, then the worst when Minwoo was in other boy’s arms.

 Donghyun realized that he couldn’t endure his life if he was only a guardian like his own self had to be.

All this messy fate began when he was a guardian, young guardian who was pure and in love with someone from the other world. His time was being wasted to observe a boy that he saw when he ran off from the Kingdom one day.

 After that day, he would always have himself trying to get free from his room and went to other side of his world. And from somewhere near the boy, he would always look after him without the boy knowing.

“Why after a year?” Donghyun had his eyes tearing when he recalled all the things he had done with Minwoo. A year isn’t a short time that he had spent with the boy.

 

<<<>>>

 

Donghyun held his head when stinging pain and dizziness came over his head. As he remembered about what happened the last minute before he passed out, he tried hard to get up.

“Ouch, Where is Jeongmin.” He mumbled quietly then roaming the room with his eyes, but all he could see was white sheet which was covering his body.

“Are you okay?”

Donghyun widened his eyes when he heard that voice.

‘It can’t be…’

But, his eyes grew wider when he turned to face a face of a young boy he admired.

“Hi, are you okay? Can you speak?”

His voice was like a melody in Donghyun’s ears, all his anxious was fading away when Minwoo greeted him.

“Y-you…” he couldn’t even speak a word properly. All in his mind at that time was Minwoo who could see him, Minwoo who was talking to him.

 

“Oh, I’m glad that you’re okay. I’m so sorry.”

“You’re sorry? Why?” Donghyun asked with quivering voice and heart pounding inside his ribcages.

“I hit you with my bicycle remember?” Minwoo frowned and bitted his lips anxiously.

“What?”

Minwoo’s eyes widened in worried. This handsome guy couldn’t remember the accident.

“Oh God! You got amnesia!” the boy freak out and ran outside the room.

.

.

.

“Thank you dr. Park. And don’t report it to my parents, please?”

Donghyun could see Minwoo begged to the man not to report him who hit a stranger and -thought that he- made the stranger amnesia.

“Okay Minwoo-ya, just make sure that they wouldn’t find it out by their self.” The man messed up his hair and walked out from the room.

 

Minwoo sighed as approached Donghyun on his bed, he looked like he was tired and he yawned before sat on the seat beside the bed.

Donghyun lift his hand up to reach the boy’s cheek and caressed it with his thumb. Whereas his mind was full with feeling of relieve. Not long after, the boy suddenly moved away from his touch.

It made Donghyun got panic and saying sorry repeatedly.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to touch you like that. I’m just… you look so alike with someone I know.”

Lie. Donghyun lied toward the boy when they met for the first time and after that there would be many falsehoods which Donghyun told to cover another lie.

“It’s okay, I just don’t like when someone touch me like that. By the way, who’s the person who looks like me? I think that I’m the only one who has this cute yet manly face in Seoul.” Minwoo said it full of cheer made Donghyun to laugh over him.

“He is my…” Donghyun tried to think hard about his relationship with the boy who didn’t even exist. Friend, brother or lover?

“You look sad. Is he your brother?”

 “I-I…”

“You don’t remember? Oh, I’m sorry.” Minwoo turned sour, he truly felt guilty to made Donghyun not remember i his past.

“I don’t know. But I think that I have no one in my life, he might be dead already.” Donghyun said, stuttered.

All he had told to Minwoo is a lie, a big lie. The only thing that true is about his love toward the boy. He loves him with all his heart and soul.

“Oh, where is your house? Can’t you remember?” Minwoo asked again and earned shaking head from Donghyun.

“Okay, since I have to take responsible in this case I will take you home then.” Minwoo decided and smiled slightly to the elder.

“Thank you.” Donghyun said quietly but enough for Minwoo to hear.

***
 

The next day, Minwoo really brought Donghyun to his house. Not his house where his parents are living, but a small house two blocks away from his house that had been abandoned for ages.

“Since you are older than me, I will call you hyung.” Minwoo said as he helped Donghyun to walk into his new room.

“Thank you Minwoo, you’re so kind.” Donghyun answered in his still hoarse voice.

“It’s my job.” Minwoo replied and made Donghyun to lie on the bed.  He went out from the room and back with a bowl of water and a towel.

Donghyun just stayed quiet and even stiffly laid on his back when Minwoo wiped his arms and legs with the wet towel from the bowl.

That was the first time he could feel the concern from the boy he loved. The boy that always exist in his mind and the boy who made him to do the entire crazy things just to have him in the world, in the boy’s world.

***
 

“Hyung… What’s wrong?”

Donghyun lifted his head and found his boy stood up in front of him. Without warning he took steps to the boy and hugged him tightly, made the boy confused with the sudden action he did.

“I’m sorry Minwoo.” He apologized to the boy and crying on his shoulder. His hands grasped to the boy’s jacket firmly.

“Hyung, what happen?” Minwoo innocently asked, tried to escape from the grip so he could asked properly.

He guided Donghyun to go to inside their house. He switched the lamp on and sat with Donghyun on their bed.

“Hyung, mind to tell me what happen?” Minwoo asked softly, rubbed the elder’s shoulder comfortingly. But it seemed like Donghyun won’t answer his question either because he only felt that the hug became tighter and tighter as the elder sobbing hard.

Minwoo let out a deep sigh and pulled his body out from the hug so he could see Donghyun’s red and swollen eyes clearly.

“I don’t want you to hate me.” Donghyun began spoke and looked at his now intertwining fingers.

“Why would I? I love you, I would never hate you hyung. No matter what happen I would always be by your side till the end.” Minwoo said as cupped the elder’s face to face him.

He gently moved forward to give a peck on Donghyun’s lips. He smiled and it made Donghyun felt guiltier toward the boy.

“I would never hate you unless you left me, hyung. I think that I will hate hyung for doing that.” Donghyun closed his eyelids and held the boy close to him, feeling the warmth and composure that was sent by Minwoo’s body.

 

You will hate me after this week.

 

***

So, this is it the chapter… thank you for NENNHOJ0706 who always support me ^^

And all my subbies, I love you all… thank you so much….