Chapter 19 - Giving Up

Hyunseong's Wish

 

Hyunseong was frozen on the spot he was standing, hand gripped firmly on the door knob. From his sight, he could see the twins on the bed both shirtless and Youngmin who seemed like attacking Kwangmin’s neck. With that view in front of him, Hyunseong couldn’t even think about a thing. His eyes became blurry as tears forming on his eyelids.

He dropped onto the floor with the twins who quickly wore their shirt and approached him. All the scenes made Jeongmin confuse and quietly stood beside Hyunseong who sobbing hard on the floor.

“Hyung, let me explain… It’s, it’s not…”

“Shut up!”

Everyone was taken aback as Hyunseong shouted through his quivering voice. They never heard Hyunseong raising his voice before, not this high, not with his terrible state like that.

“I understand now. I just need some more time to get used to it.” Hyunseong stood up from his broken down and wiped his tears away, patting his two brother’s head with a small smile.

“I need to go.” He said briefly before two hands prevented him to step ahead. His brothers’ hands on his arms as he could hear sobs emitted before him.

“We’re sorry hyung. We just..”

“I’ve said that I understand. So, I only want to rest for a bit on my bed.” Hyunseong turned back to face his two brothers and pulled off his hands before caressing their hair softly.

“Sorry twins.”

With that the twins were left astounding on their places, only gazed their hyung who entered his own room lifelessly.

 

***

 

Jeongmin didn’t know what to do. He was clueless about human’s problem. He followed Hyunseong to lie down on the bed and facing the guy’s tired face. He didn’t know about what the things inside Hyunseong’s mind because he simply couldn’t read his mind anymore since he met Donghyun.

The guy closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. Jeongmin wanted to speak first before Hyunseong gazed him and smiled toward him. Neither a warm nor a childish smile he used to show, but somehow it was different, it was strange.

“Why are you smiling like that?” Jeongmin asked, frowning from his place.

“I’m sorry. I think I know the answer for all of my problems.” Hyunseong said, drawing lines to the air that confused Jeongmin even more. He said he knew about a way to out from his problems, and Jeongmin frowning deeper when he sensed something weird.

“You said what?”

“I know a way for everyone to get their happiness. Minwoo, his boyfriend, and the twins. Don’t forget about you, you’ll be free too.” Hyunseong said.

Both of them, lying on the bed while facing each other. It felt like something was going wrong.

“My wish, is it still affect you even if I’ve gone?” Hyunseong began to speak slowly. Jeongmin didn’t know why but his eyes felt hot and what happened next surprised him. A teardrop crawled from his eyes just because the thought of losing Hyunseong. He couldn’t be crying over it.

“Your wish. That’s what I want to talk with you the moment we went out from the library.” Jeongmin lowered his gaze, didn’t dare to look at Hyunseong.

“What do you want to say?” he asked calmly, wiping his wet eyes using his sleeve.

“This is- it’s about Minwoo and your fate. You two are supposed to be together, but Donghyun hyung replaced your place.” Jeongmin started. Right then, he could hear a sigh escaped from Hyunseong’s lips.

“And because I’ve already saved you twice, it’s mean you only have tomorrow to take your supposed to be place, to be with Minwoo.” Jeongmin felt his chest aching when he realized that he would just simply disappear. Not only himself, but also Donghyun. But it was how the fate should be. They ruin it and they also the one who should fix it, Jeongmin knew that even better.

Hyunseong chuckled, made Jeongmin looking up and seeing a sincere smile from Hyunseong’s love-shaped lips.

“Sacrificed more people only for a person is a crime.” Hyunseong began to sit and bring his back to lean on the bedpost.

Jeongmin followed Hyunseong movement to sit and leaned on the bed post, looking intensely at Hyunseong’s face that seemed unreadable.

“Jeongmin-ah, now when I have through this all, I don’t think I love Minwoo that way. Call me crazy, but I begin to like someone else now.” Hyunseong stated clearly and made Jeongmin agape beside him. The Mirror Prince Guardian felt another piece of broken glass stabbed his heart.

Hyunseong likes someone.

“Why I feel hurt to hear that fact? What am I expect?”

“Jeongmin-ah? hey, you are spacing out.” Hyunseong giggled and messed up Jeongmin’s hair, face rather close to Jeongmin’s. A visible tint of pink color was spreading on the guardian’s cheeks.

“I’m not spacing out. I’m thinking.” Jeongmin denied with pouting his lips.

“Okay, you couldn’t be daydreaming.” Hyunseong chuckled and leaned back to his place. If the room was bright enough, he might be able to see Jeongmin’s red face.   

Silence filled the room for a few seconds before Hyunseong interrupted by grabbing Jeongmin’s hand. Jeongmin tried to pull his hand away but Hyunseong’s grip was firm and had no sign to let him go.

“I need a friend to talk to. Please be the one just for now.” Hyunseong tap Jeongmin’s hand briefly then let out a deep breath.

Hyunseong was tired, tired of everything until he didn’t know how to react when he saw his brother dating, even making out in front of his eyes.

They are the only family that he has for now. He was the one who raised them and he was also the one who grew with them without their parents.

He never considered about having friend since he already has two brothers. He also hadn’t had any girlfriend or boyfriend yet because he didn’t want his brothers to be shoved aside.

“Jeongmin, as a friend, I will ask for your freedom.” Hyunseong spoke all of sudden. The guardian quickly stared at him in disbelieve.

“No! You can’t! You have no place in this world. You’ll die if you didn’t take your place as Minwoo’s partner.”

“Better if I die, because no one feel burdened because of me. Minwoo will be happy with his lover, and the twins will be happy without any guilt as well.” Hyunseong said with tears leaked from his eyes but were wiped quickly before it goes down to his cheeks.

Jeongmin sensed the grip on his hand became tighter, Hyunseong must be very confused.

“You’re just tired. You don’t know about what you said.” Jeongmin wanted to stand up and pulled his hand from Hyunseong when the other pulled him closer, made him fell on the other’s arms.

Jeongmin sighed and let himself to rest beside Hyunseong before looked up to the guy.

“We only know each other for five days, so why do you care so much about me?” Jeongmin asked, gazing intensely toward Hyunseong who had a smiling face above his face.

“Same as you, I think.”

Jeongmin couldn’t say anything as he felt Hyunseong’s other hand lifted to his cheek, wiping his wet cheek, Jeongmin didn’t even know that he was crying. As he felt the smooth fingers wiping the tears away, Jeongmin sat up straight and moved away from Hyunseong.

“Sorry, do I make you scared?” Hyunseong let Jeongmin’s hand go from his grip and smiled faintly.

“I.. You know, I don’t think we have the same reason.” Jeongmin began to speak as stood up to walk slowly toward the window.

“That doesn’t matter. I just can’t live my life anymore. I’m done with it.”

“You mean you’re giving up?” Jeongmin judged as slowly made his way back beside Hyunseong.

Hyunseong smiled faintly and nodded once as a confirmation.

 

____

Hi, I’m back… ^^

I think this story will come to an end soon… sorry for the long wait… assignments really kill me >.<

Thank you so much for subscribing on this story and commenting too… I hope that I don’t make anyone disappointed… you know, about the twins, I know you expected more about them, but I just can’t make any rated scenes since I never got to write rated scenes smoothly.. hehehe sorry…

Ppyong~!