03

For the Thrill of the Fall

I press the elevator button just as someone else does. I roll my eyes when I notice that it was Baekhyun’s hand as he trots into the just opened elevator. He manages to smirk back at me and I can hear Hyosung scoff.
 

“She’s getting married, you ert,” she says as she moves herself in between the two of us. 


“Wow, someone’s rather frigid this morning,” Baekhyun replies.


I know I have to tell him. Even if I don’t want to end whatever it is that we’re doing. I need to stop it. It’s for Jongin.


“We’re starting to plan the wedding, Baek,” I add, staring at the digitial floor number waiting for the stupid elevator to lift. “So…”
 

“You can’t her behind her almost husband’s back anymore.” My eyes widen at Hyosung’s bluntness and Baekhyun chuckles.


“Okay, calm down Medusa, I’ll back off,” he says with his hands up in surrender.


The rest of the elevator ride is uncomfortable to say the least.


Part of me is glad that Baekhyun seemed to understand the situation, but another part of me is sure that our little affair can’t end so smoothly and easily.


“You didn’t have to do that you know,” I say as we sit at our desks.


“Well you weren’t going to do it, so someone had to step in.”


I give up, knowing that she’s right. I’m engaged. I have the best fiancé in the world. I could possibly have the best friend in the world, but I’m still trying to convince myself that what she did in the elevator was completely necessary.


***

“Hey could you make a hundred or so copies of these and distribute them to the agents downstairs?” my boss says as she drops a packet on my desk. She strides off in her $800 Louboutins leaving her pungent Chanel N°5 perfume lingering in the air.


“Since when did I become her assistant?” I say, gawking at the stack of papers she dropped on my desk.
 

“Since her last assistant quit last night,” Hyosung replies. “Didn’t you see it on Facebook yesterday?”


“You know I don’t go on that anymore. But why did she pick me to do her dirty work?” I say, standing up frustrated.


“Maybe that report you turned in yesterday ,” she snickers.
 

I glare at her and make my way to the supply room. Thankfully we recently got a new copy machine that was able to copy multiple papers and keep them all in order all in one process. I press a few buttons on the machine, stick the packet in the slot, and wait for the machine to finish.


As I lean on the machine waiting for the copies to finish, I notice the door knob turn. Baekhyun walks in with a blazer over his normal shirt and tie.


“What’s with the suit?” I ask trying to diminish the thought of what we did last time we were in the supply room.
 

“I have a presentation in ten minutes and my laser pointer died… I didn’t even know those things could die.”


“And you think the supply room just has a box of laser pointers sitting around?” I ask, crossing my arms.


He blinks innocently and opens the cabinet. “They do.” He pulls out a brand new one and clicks it, ensuring that it works. “Why? Did you think I made some lame excuse to come in here to prowl on you when you’re all alone in the supply closet?”


“I didn’t say that.”


“No,” he says locking the door. My heart begins to race and I immediately know where this is going. “But you were thinking it.”


He slowly walks over to me. Each step seems to take hours and I only hope that the copies would finish before he’d make it over to me. I keep a straight face on as best as I can when he’s finally directly in front of me.
 

He places both hands on the copy machine behind me, trapping me in his arms. He’s at an arm’s length away and I can smell his cologne. I want to break my whole facade and fall into his ploy and engage in the steamy supply closet as per usual, but I remember I have a fiancé; a fiancé I’d like to keep.
 

But I can’t seem to bring myself to break out of his embrace.


I blink once and only once, and his face is suddenly an inch away from my own. I can feel his breath on my lips and I feel his hands grasp my waist. I keep my arms crossed tightly and pray he lets go on his own because I know I don’t have the strength to do so myself.
 

“Do you ever wonder why we let this go on for so long?” he whispers. I feel the air from every word grace over my lips.


He lets go of my waist and leans on the copy machine with me. “What we did at the wedding two months ago could have been forgiven, but this, this is just insane. It’s stupid, and dangerous, and unforgivable, and… fun,” he trails off. “You think it’s why we do it? Fun?” He looks over at me and I return the stare.


I don’t get lost in his eyes like I do in Jongin’s, but I can’t help but stare anyways. It’s weird. I don’t love Baekhyun. I know I don’t because I know what love feels like. And love feels like the way I get lost in Jongin’s eyes. So what was this feeling for Baekhyun? Was it really all just for fun?


Was fun really worth losing the love of my life?


I hear the copy machine slide out the last piece of paper and the room falls completely silent. I look down and avoid Baekhyun’s stare. I can’t do it anymore. Jongin means too much to me.
 

“One last time?”


I scare myself at how fast I reply, “Okay.” I had just gone through a whole lecture with myself on how I couldn’t dare lose Jongin and here I am about to commit adultery once again without even a tad bit of reluctance.


Baekhyun picks me up and sits me down on the copy machine. He places a rough kiss on my lips and I’m awoken from the strange trance he seems to put on me.


“Baek, I’m getting married,” I say. He kisses me again. “We really can’t do this.” His lips move down my jaw to my neck and I have a harder time resisting. I somehow manage to pry his skillful lips off my neck and he impatiently looks at me. “Don’t you have a meeting to get to?” I add as my last hope.


He playfully smirks.


“I lied.”

 

 

 

Sorry I'm taking forever to update, but all the AP tests are over and I went to prom and all that's really left of my senior year is graduating and registering for college classes, so I should definitely have more time to update. :)

But oh my god enough about me EXO IS COMING BACK. The teaser photos make me cry with each new release oh my god how am I going to react to an actual video T_T