CHAPTER 2

Cupcakes and Music

 

"Ok guys we're done for today!"

"YESH!" Tomo and you yelled and sprawled on the floor, half dead. Aniki shook her head and lay on her tummy. 

"I'm so tired...we've been practicing since 6am...what time is it _____?"

"Ugh..it's 4pm"

All of you groaned and closed our eyes. Just then there was a knock at the door.

"Aniki go get it.." Tomo and you said in unison. She rolled her eyes and stood up going to the door. She gasped suddenly and you sat up.

 

"I-it's.." she stuttered.

 

"It's who?" 

 

"S-SHINee!!" She opened the door and there stood SHINee in all their glory. Taemin smiled and gave Aniki a bag. 

 

"Here..for our newbies!" he said, smiling. 

 

" Practice hard ok?" Jonghyun said.

 

Shinee contined to give talking to us. Aniki and you bowed and thanked them. Just as they were about to leave, Onew gave me a hug and Key gave Aniki a peck on the cheek. She blushed pink and Taemin and I giggled. 

 

"Thank you so much sunbaes!" you said and bowed again.

 

"It's nothing…just practice hard for your debut ok? FIGHTING!" Minho said and all of them pumped their fists in the air. When they left, Aniki felt all woozy and stumbled around like she was drunk. She didn't even notice that Tomo was asleep on the floor and tripped over her. 

 

"W-what?"

 

"O-oh! M-mianhe Tomo!"

 

You couldn't stop yourself from laughing and told them you were going out first.

 

"Where're you going?" Tomo asked, sitting up.

 

"Hm? O-oh to the coffee shop, then roaming around I guess.."

 

"Hm, coffee date? with Teo?" Aniki suggested, winking at you.

 

"N-no!" 

 

Frowning, you left to go to the dorm for a change of clothes.

You changed into a balck cute graphic t-shirt, with shorts and batman themed accessories.  You made your side fringe fall out of your batman cap and smiled at yourself in the mirror. 



 

Skipping along the roads of Seoul, you came across a small ddeokbokki stand and since you were quite hungry from practice you ran over and bought some. 

 

"Mmm…" you hummed to yourself as you carried the bags of food with you (for Tomo and Aniki), and looked at the clothes shops around you. 

 

As you continued walking around, the start of EXO-K's History starts to play and jolted you out of your thoughts.

 

"Hm? Who can it be? Yeobosayo?"

 

"_____-ssi!"

 

"Oh! Sungjong oppa!"

 

Sungjong smiled and glanced at you from the top cafe window where he sat with his 6 hyungs. 

 

"Where are you now oppa?"

 

"Look up!"

 

Looking up, you saw Sungjong waving. 

 

"Hold on ____-ssi, i'll go get you!"

 

You nodded and smiled. After hanging up, Sungjong politely left the table, leaving his hyungs confused.

 

"Where is HE going?" Woohyun asked, sipping the soft drink in his hand.

 

"Who knows.." Myungsoo replied, eating his muffin.



 

You stood there, waiting for him to come when suddenly you felt arms wrapping around your waist and panicked.

 

"keke…relax _______-ssi, it's just me~" you calmed down when you herd Sungjong's voice and turned around, playfully hitting his arm

 

"I hate being scared!" You mumbled, adjusting your bag strap.  He giggled and grabbed your hand.

 

"Come meet my hyungs!"

 

"C-can i?"

 

"Sure why not?"

 

Before you could say anything else, you felt Sungjong pulling you up to the cafe.

 

"Oh! guys look Sungjong is back….and he's with a girl?"

 

The moment Dongwoo said that, all eyes looked up to Sungjong and the short girl behind him. 

 

"Hyungs! Meet _____-ssi! She's a trainee and going to debut in 2 weeks~!"

 

All of them bowed and you bowed too in response.  

 

"Oh! ____-ssi! Nice to meet you again!" Sungyeol said and stood up to hug you. All of them looked at Sungyeol in surprise as he hugged you.

 

"He knows her?" hoya whispered to Sungjong who nodded. 

 

"Sit with us ____-ssi!" Sunggyu suggested with a smile. You nodded and took your seat in-between Myungsoo and Sungjong. 

 

"So.. _____-ssi~ For a pretty girl like you, i bet you're the visual in your band hm?" Woohyun flirted with a wink. You giggled and shook your head.

 

"Thanks for the compliment Woohyun-ssi, but I think my band members are prettier than me." you confessed smiling at Namgrease.

 

"Cool! So you'll be on Music Bank right?" Hoya asked. You nodded.

 

"Sweet! So we get to see you perform! We're still promoting Man in Love!" 

 

You gasped in realisation. The 7 boys chuckled. 

 

"You're cute ____-ssi," Myungsoo stated and patted your head. You blushed and looked down. 

 

"T-thanks.."

 

"Aww Myungsoo! You made her blush!" Dongwoo exclaimed.

 

All of them giggled and Myungsoo chuckled. 



 

While hanging out with Infinite, Tomo called you.

 

"Yah, jugiya (nicknames you gave each other) where are you?"

 

"Hm? Oh 'm outside wae?"

 

"Aniki told us the filming for the variety show is two days from now and we have to pack our bags. Well you know the necessities."

 

"I-IT IS?!" you half yelled. This made the boys stop and look at you. You mouthed an apology and hung up. 

 

"What's wrong ____-ssi?" Sungjong asked, wrapping an arm around your shoulder as you sat next to him. 

 

"I'm gonna have to go soon.  We have a variety show in two days and yea…" you said, pouting and looked down.

 

"Aww, its ok ___-ssi…" Woohyun said and pulled you into his lap, wrapping his arms around your waist. 

 

You blushed and wriggled out of his grasp, standing up. "I-i'll go now…"

You bowed and sped-walked to the stairs. Just as you were about to walk out the door, a hand on your shoulder scared you.



 

"____-ah relax, it's me…You get scared so easily.."

 

You turned and saw Infinite's visual, who was no other than Myungsoo. You sighed in relief and turned to face him.

 

"Why are you here?"

 

"Can't I send a girl back home?" he asked, tilting his head. You shrugged and put your hands in your pockets, turning around. He stood beside you and smiled.

 

"Kaja?"

 

Nodding, both of you walked side by side, chitchatting on the way to your dorm.

 

When he reached the dorm, you walked up the steps and at the top step turned around and waved.

 

"Well…goodbye! see you around Myungie!" 

 

He smirked and walked up a few steps before leaning forward and giving you a kiss on the cheek while slipping a piece of paper in your pocket. 

 

"See you."

 

He left and you walked into the lobby with a pink face, rushing into the lift. Walking into the dorm, you came face to face with Tomo. "Who was that?" 

 

"w-who?" you asked innocently, pushing her aside as you made your way to the bedroom. 

 

"That boy..just now…who kissed your cheek…" she stated.

 

"Someone..now leave me alone please!" you said, shutting the room door in her face.

 



 

 

*3 am * 

 

The sound of the doorbell, and the girls throwing their pillows at you to go get the door, woke you up. Yawning, you slipped on your Hello Kitty slippers and tied your hair in a side pony. Opening the door, you found a non-sleepy Sungjong, smiling at you. 

 

"Anyong ____-ssi!~"

 

Your eyes widened and you pushed him outside, shutting the door behind you. 

 

"YAH! how did you get here? and how did you know what level i lived on?" you hissed, pushing him against the wall, subconsciously. 

 

"Whoa, calm down _____-ah!" Sungjong said, pushing you back. "I couldn't sleep so i thought i'd come visit you." He pouted.

 

"And after i took so long to sneak past manager-hyung…" 

 

You sighed and hugged the boy.

 

"Mianhe oppa…i was just shocked.."

 

Sungjong's heart pace picked up and he felt himself blushing. 

 

"I-its ok…oh and nice hoodie." You gasped remembering that you were just wearing an oversized hoodie and shorts (since it was getting hotter).  Blushing, you pulled the hem of your hoodie lower.

 

"I-i forgot…"

 

He chuckled and lifted your chin to look at you.

 

"It's ok ____-ah, it's cute anyway~" You face turned a darker shade of red and before you could say anything, you felt yourself being dragged to the lift.



 

Ten minutes later, you find yourself in a park with Sungjong eating ice cream and enjoying the quiet night. You pulled your legs and tucked them next to you while leaning your head against Sungjong's shoulder.

 

Sighing you closed your eyes and hummed a song that popped into your head. Sungjong sighed and looked at your resting figure and blushed. He barely knew the girl and yet his heart is racing at even the sight of her. He poked your cheek and you opened your eyes, looking up at him. 

 

"Let's go…it's 7am now.." Both of you knew you had to get back because firstly both of you were in your pajamas (you in your over-sized hoodie and sungjong in a grey hoodie and sweats) and secondly, some fangirls start walking to school at this time. He stood up and offered his hand which you gladly took. The ice cream was finished and both of you stared at each other until a shrill cry broke the silence. Both of you turned to see two fangirls, screaming Sungjong's name. Sungjong gripped your hand and ran, with you trailing behind him. Both of you bumped into a few more fangirls who chased you to INFINITE'S dorm and were stopped by his manager and some security. 

 

"Come on." Sungjong said in a low voice, pulling you into the dorm. The manager questioned him and you but was reassured when you said that you were just friends. Sungjong looked down as you said that and the manager gave him a warning glare. After the manager left, Sungjong pulled you into the room that he shared with Hoya. Both of you looked towards Hoya's bed and saw that he was still asleep. Sungjong sighed in relief and sat on his bed, patting the space next to him. You thought for a while until Sungjong pulled you down into his lap.  You looked at him questioningly and he blushed turning his head to the side.

 

"You were taking to long to think…."

 

You smiled and kissed his cheek in reassurance. He smiled widely and both of you laid side by side facing each other and chatted. Soon enough, you were getting sleepy and Sungjong pulled you closer to him and hummed Beautiful (INFINITE) and you fell asleep.



 

He your hair out of your face and kissed your forehead. He hugged you close and rested a while before the manager came in to wake them up. But unfortunately, he didn't even have time to rest as the manager walked in forcing them awake. Hoya stumbled to the kitchen and Sungjong covered you with the blanket and kissed your head before leaving for the bathroom. In the other room, Sungyeol and Dongwoo thought it would be funny to pour cold water to wake up the maknae. 

 

"Yah! Hyung hurry! I wanna do it before Sungjong wakes up!" Sungyeol whined. Dongwoo glared at him.

 

"Oh it's full! Now pali!" Both of them brought the bucket into the room silently, passing myungsoo who gave them a questioning look. They approached the blanket clothed figure and dumped the water on who they thought was Sungjong. Instead you screamed and sat up.

 

"YAH!"

 

Both Sungyeol and Dongwoo screamed and hugged each other.

 

"SUNGJONG TURNED INTO A GIRL!" Sungyeol screamed. 

 

"Hyung, why are you screaming?" Sungjong asked, walking in drying his hair off with a towel.  He saw your wet, shivering figure and rushed over, grabbing a towel from the hanger and wrapping it around you. 

 

"Oh..it's just ___-ah." Sungyeol said calmly, letting go of Dongwoo. Dongwoo on the other hand was apologising profusely until Sungjong glared at him. He turned to you and hugged you close.

 

"Are you ok?" You nodded and he sighed in relief. Just then the rest of the members trickled in, wondering about the scream. When Myungsoo saw that it was you, he death glared Sungyeol until he bowed and left.  

 

"Hyung…" Sungjong started looking at Myungsoo. He nodded and pulled you up, bringing you into his room. The last glimpse you got of Sungjong was his angry face as he walked to Sungyeol. 

 

"Sit." Myungsoo said, pushing you down on the chair. You looked at him as he looked through his closet and pulled out a plaid shirt that was… big for a short person like you. (I'm short ok.. ><) 

 

He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. 

 

"Sorry..but yea…" He gave you the shirt and you measured it against yourself. 

 

"Where's the bathroom oppa?" 

 

He pointed to a door at the side and you rushed inside pulling off your wet clothes. Thank god your undergarments (YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN) were still dry. Putting on his plaid shirt, you realised that it reached past your knee but the sleeves were way to long and you couldn't fold it by yourself. Walking out of the bathroom, you called Myungsoo but looked up to see Woohyun instead. You blushed red and pulled the hem down. He chuckled and walked towards you lifting your hands.

 

"These sleeves too big huh?" He stated folding them to your wrist. "There better."

 

"T-thanks Woohyun -s--"

 

"Oppa. Call me Woohyun oppa."

 

Your eyes widened and you looked away.

 

"T-thanks Woohyun…o-oppa.."

 

A wide grin spread across his face and he hugged you tightly.

 

"Aigoo, why are you so cute?" Just then Hoya walked in.

 

"Err.guys…Sunggyu wants to talk to us." Woohyun ignored him and Hoya, being annoyed, grabbed your hand and dragged you to the living room.



 

"Sorry ____-ssi." He whispered, giving you an apologetic glance. You smiled at him in assurance and let  go of his hand, sitting between Sungjong and Sungyeol. You noticed that Sungjong was glaring at Sungyeol and placed a hand on his lap. He looked at you and quickly smiled.

 

"Oh! ____-ah! You're done changing?"

 

You nodded and smiled turning to Sungyeol. He was about to open his mouth but you shut it by talking first.

 

"It's ok Sungyeol, you don't have to apologise even if Sungjong makes you. And secondly it's not your fault, you didn't know i was here." You stood up and bowed in apology to all of them. 

 

"I am really sorry for intruding on you."  Sunggyu smiled and walked up to you, placing a hand on your shoulder. You looked up and he hugged you.

 

"It's ok ______-ssi! You're welcome here anytime~ Oh and who brought you here anyway?"

 

You turned to look at Sungjong, who stood up and hugged your waist, making Sunggyu stumble back.  

 

"Me, hyung." You blushed red and looked down in embarrassment. Myungsoo chuckled at your cuteness and Sungyeol pouted.

 

"____-ah!"

 

"Ne, Sungyeol-ssi?"

 

"I want a hug…" You giggled and went over to Sungyeol giving him a hug. Then one by one each member came, adding on to the hug group until only Myungsoo was left standing. He saw you crushed between them and pulled you out. The boys groaned and both of you giggled.

 

"Why did you do that myungsoo!" Woohyun whined, standing up. He merely shrugged and pulled you towards the kitchen.

 

"Can you make something for us before we go pack our things?"

 

"Why are you packing?" You asked, searching their cupboards. 

 

"We have this variety show to do.." Dongwoo replied sitting next to Myungsoo. You had found some eggs, bacon and bread.

 

"You guys can go watch some TV. i think this will take a while." 



 

All of them nodded and went to the living room. Just when you thought you were alone, Sungjong came up to you, wanting to help. You denied at first but he insisted so the both of you proceeded in making sunny-side up eggs, bacon and toast. 

 

The both of you were done cooking by 10am and the first one to the table was of course, Myungsoo.

 

"Thanks _____-ah… and Sungjong." Sungjong smiled happily  and soon all of them sat down with the three of you to eat. 

 

You finished your breakfast first because…well Myungsoo took most of the food so you and Hoya were sitting on the couch watching Immortal Songs 2, with his arm around your shoulder. Just then loud knocking at the door were heard. Everyone immediately looked at Dongwoo who sighed in annoyance.

 

"Fine, i'll get it." He stood up, making his way to the door.

 

"What do--Oh hi." His anger seeped away as he stared at the girl in front of him. Her shoulder length brown hair and tan skin caught his eye and he couldn't stop his staring.

 

"Erm… excuse me is my friend here?"

 

"W-who's your friend?" He asked stuttering. The girl giggled and he found himself blushing. Hoya saw this and shouted from the living room.

 

"Who is it Dongwoo?"

 

"Yea who is it?" you chimed in. The girl immediately looked in and you gasped. 

 

"A-aniki!"

 

"I'm sorry but could I come in?" Aniki asked Dongwoo sweetly. He merely nodded and let her in. 

 

"Where have you been _____? We've been worried sick! And you have to pack your bag!"

 

"Put I'm lazy…." Aniki groaned and pulled you up, bowing at all of them. "So sorry for the intrusion but we have to leave now."

 

Just as you were out the door, you shouted at Myungsoo.

 

"I'LL GIVE YOUR SHIRT BACK!"

 

He chuckled and continued eating, stealing Woohyun's piece of toast.