CHAPTER 5

Cupcakes and Music

 

The whole group came out of the car, with your bags, running into the large Japanese style house. A camera-man appeared behind Sunggyu as he was taking out the bags. You were helping him, passing the bags to Sungjong who brought it into the house. 
 
"____-ah, give this to Myungsoo, he brought his bamboo wife…" he said rolling his eyes and you laughed. You called out to Myungsoo when suddenly Jung Juri scared you by jumping out from in front of the car. You screamed and fell on your bum, still hugging Myungsoo's pillow. 
 
"Omo! Mianhe! I didn't mean to make you fall!" She said helping you up. As you stop dup you realised there was a camera behind her and pouted. "That hurt unnie…" Myungsoo came out of the house and saw you with his bamboo wife.
 
"_____!" You looked in his direction and so did the camera. "You got my pillow!" 
 
"Ah yea! Here.." You passed the pillow to him and signalled for Juri to follow you. They came to the back of the car and Sunggyu gasped and hit his head on the boot cover. 
 
"You scared me noona…But anyway since you're here help us."
 
"But I don't want to help! I just got my nails done…" she complained. You took your luggage and dropped it in her arms. 
 
"Carry it inside for me please? Khamsamida!" You exclaimed smiling sweetly. She left, with the cameraman trailing behind her and you heard her complaining to the cameraman. Giggling you took your hand carry and waited for Sunggyu to get his luggage.
 
"Ready oppa?" he nodded. The both of you entered the house and saw all of INFINITE and your group except you and Sunggyu, standing on either side of Jung Juri.
 
"Ah ne, so welcome to Ranking King, Special Spring Edition!" She exclaimed and everyone cheered and clapped. Sunggyu and you on the other hand were putting on your mics. 
 
"Yes…so as you can see here on my right, we have famous boy group INFINITE.." the boys cheered and introduced themselves. "and on my left is a rookie group from SM which will debut soon called ." Tomo and Aniki bowed and introduced themselves too.
 
"Yes, so this is a special edition of Ranking King where three groups will have to vote for each other and such…a--"
 
"Ah noona wait!" Hoya interrupted. Everyone looked at him and you had finally fixed your mic and was about to go in with Sunggyu.
 
"Yes Hoya-ssi?"
 
"Why is Sunggyu-hyung and ____-ssi just standing there?" He laughed and the cameras turned to the both of you waiting to enter. You smiled sheepishly and both of you walked in and went to your groups.
 
The filming went well and it was time for Juri to leave. The cameras caught you guys waving as she drove off and when she was finally out of sight, both you and Tomo were the first to enter and a camera followed you guys.
 
"We left because, we're really tired…so we're gonna change first…" you said to the camera as you and Tomo entered the room. "Bye bye~" you waved cutely and shut the door. 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
All of you were on the floor, waiting. You were in a comfortable black graphic tee, shorts and tights.  The silence was so eerie that you could hear a pin drop. Or was it a cup? The smash made all of you look towards the kitchen. 
 
"What was that?" Aniki asked.
 
"I don't know maybe its a ghost." Woohyun suggested. You stared at him, your eyes wide with fear. 
 
"G…ghosts?"
 
"Ghosts don't exist Woohyun." Sunggyu said firmly, seeing your scared expression. 
 
"Yea hyung don't scare ______!" Sunjong exclaimed and hugged you. Woohyun sat up from his lying position and winked at you.
 
"Well I could protect her~"
 
"Err..no thanks!" Woohyun's flirtatious smirk fell from his face as you rejected his offer bluntly. Tomo stood up and pulled you with her.
 
"We're going to see what the noise is.." The rest nodded and the both of you walked into the kitchen. The cameras that had been set up in the kitchen, zoomed in on your figures. 
 
"Oh found the cup Tomo!" you said in English. "Where?" she replied walking to you. 
 
"In front of me of course.." you said in korean. 
 
"Wait, what's that?" she asked, bending down and picking up a piece of paper that was stuck in the cupboard not far from the cup. But as the cupboard opened, a scare popped out and the both of you screamed. 
 
In the living room, where only quietness was heard, your screams had broken the silence.
 
"What?" Hoya stood up quickly and went into the kitchen. Sungjong and Sungyeol followed in suit and the three of them found you and Tomo laughing and crying at the same time. 
 
"What happened?!" Sungyeol asked.
 
"W-we were pulling this paper from the cupboard…and this popped out!" Tomo stuttered while laughing and held up the scare doll. Sungjong squatted next to you.
 
"Are you ok?" You nodded and sat properly, taking the paper from Tomo's hands and opening it.
 
"What?"
 
Hoya and Sungjong looked at the map and all three of you tilted your head to the side to make sense of the map. Another small piece of paper caught Sungyeol's attention and he pulled it off the map.
 
To: INFINITE and
 
Follow this map to find the members of the other boy group that is suppose to join you! You have been split up into 2 groups of five and there are two maps in the house. There are six member cards to find and each group is to find three or more. The first group to come back with three member cards wins!
 
GOOD LUCK~
 
Group 1: ____, Hoya, Woohyun, Myungsoo, Sunggyu
Group 2: Aniki, Tomo, Sungjong, Sungyeol, Dongwoo
 
By then, everyone was in the kitchen and had heard what Sungyeol had announced.
 
"WHAT?!" you suddenly shouted. "IM SEPARATED FROM ALL MY BESTFRIENDS?!" 
 
"You have me.." Myungsoo stated, raising his hand. 
 
"Oh..ok!" You said, rushing over and hugging his arm. Sungjong frowned slightly and stood up. 
 
"Ok, then Group 1 has a map…Soo we'll set off first!" Woohyun said before snatching the map out of Sungyeol's hands and running away. Hoya followed in suit dragging Sunggyu along and you grabbed Myungsoo's hand running out the door.
 
"YAH! NOT FAIR!" Sungyeol screamed. 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
You had followed Hoya and were resting under a tree. The cameraman had finally caught up with you guys and saw Sunggyu sitting on the ground and you walking in circles, looking in the night sky. Woohyun had disappeared and Hoya was trying to contact him. Just then a white amongst the tree stopped your routine. It was rectangular and had the Ranking King logo on it. You went to the tree and started climbing with shocked Sunggyu and Myungsoo.
 
"Yah! Get down!" Myungsoo shouted at you. You ignored him and found the envelope.
 
"Oppa! i got a hi--AHHH!" The branch broke and you fell. You shut your eyes, expecting a heavy impact but instead felt strong arms around you. 
 
Opening your eyes you saw Woohyun and hugged his neck. "OMG THANK YOU!" you muttered into his neck but the mic picked it up anyway. 
 
"Yah! Nam Woohyun where were you?" Sunggyu asked, annoyed as he stood up, fully rested. 
 
"I got lost! But then I saw _____ here climbing the tree..Why were you doing that anyway?" he asked looking at you. You let go of him and stood up pulling out the envelope.
 
"You found one?!" Hoya asked snatching the thing out of your hand. He opened it and took out a circular card. 
 
"What? What does bacon have anything to do with a member of a boy band?" he asked.
 
Myungsoo looked at the card. "Maybe their bringing food. I was getting hungry anyway." He then turned to the cameraman. "Are they bringing food?" 
 
You shook your head and looked at the card. It showed a picture of a bacon piece and a hint under it.
 
*Most international fans call him this because of his name.* At the time you couldn't put your finger on it, but it seemed really familiar. 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Meanwhile, Sungjong had found a clue.
 
"_____- I-I mean Sungyeol hyung! I found  hint!" he shouted, embarrassed that he nearly called out your name instead. Everyone crowded him and he opened the envelope. The circular card had a picture of kimchi spaghetti.
 
"WhaT? Why is there food?" Tomo asked, slightly annoyed.
 
"Are these boys good at cooking?" Sungyeol asked, looking at the cameraman. The hint under it was:
 
*This boy is good at cooking this and is called the umma of his group.*
 
"Aish! How is this helpful?" Sungjong shouted diva-ishly, throwing down the card. Aniki rushed over to pick it.
 
"A hint is still a hint Sungjong. We need to keep it safe." She explained, keeping the card in her pocket. Sungjong just blew his fringe away from his face and frowned. 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hoya and you were in front, keeping a keen eye out for envelopes. Myungsoo walked not far behind you just in case and WooGyu were at the back chatting. Just then a white envelope stuck between the bushes caught Woohyun's eye.
 
"Oh guys!" Everyone turned and walked to where Woohyun was pointing. It was indeed a clue and you ripped it open.
 
"Wow, calm down ___…" Myungsoo said, chuckling. The circular card this time had a pair of angel wings on it. And the hint was,
 
*This idol is known for being an angel to the fans*
 
"An angel? To the fans?" Sunggyu scoffed. "Any idol can be an angel to their fans!"
 
You ignored him and placed both cards together in one envelope and linked arms with Hoya, keeping an eye out for envelopes. Myungsoo looked at your skin ship with Hoya and frowned. He felt mad, like his body temperature was rising and he just wanted to smack Hoya right across the face. Maybe this anger was from Sungjong. Yea, that was it. He shook his head of the thought when you called his name to catch up.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
In the house though, the boys from the other group had arrived and were hiding their items. They decided to split up into groups of 2 each and hide in a room. 
 
"I can't wait to scare them!" The tallest said, hiding with his partner.
 
His partner just shushed him and sat in his position quietly, keeping an eye out for anyone's arrival. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Aniki had found a hint and Sungyeol ripped it out of her hands. The picture on the card this time was a figure dancing. The hint was,
 
*This person is a talented dancer and a close friend of the umma of the group*
 
"Close friends? Umma?" Tomo mumbled to herself. It was piecing together slowly but she just couldn't put her finger on it. 
 
Aniki placed the card with the other and sat down.
 
"I'm tired…." she said and Dongwoo sat next to her, putting her head on his shoulder. 
 
"Then rest."
 
"UGH. Don't be all lovey-dovey here!" Sungyeol complained. "It's bad enough we have you two and now that we have Sungjong and _______…" He shivered and Sungjong held the urge to hit him. 
 
"You are SO lucky you're my hyung…" He muttered, before stalking off to find the only card left. 
 
You were searching in the same area and bumped into him falling behind the bushes. 
 
"W-who are you?" you asked, scared. Sungjong immediately recognised your voice and hugged you.  He didn't know of your camera filming behind the tree, catching all of this. 
 
"Oh my god _____…" he exhaled and hugged you tighter. 
 
"Sungjong oppa?!" You asked pushing him away for a bit. He nodded and you hugged him.
 
A rustling in the bushes made you squeak in fright and cling to Sungjong more, who just chuckled. 
 
"Aigoo…you're so cute!" he said, ruffling your hair. 
 
"See this is exactly what i mean." Sungyeol voice interjected. Both of you looked up to see Sungyeol, Aniki, Tomo, Dongwoo and your group looking at the both of you. You cleared your throat and stood up, helping Sungjong up as well.
 
"We found the last hint." Hoya addressed to you and you merely nodded.
 
"So did we." Dongwoo exclaimed. 
 
"Then let's go back to the house to guess and discuss who the band is.." Sungyu suggested and you all agreed.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
All of you sat in the living room, the cards spread on the floor. You and Tomo were in the kitchen making drinks and snacks. The final two cards had a picture of a smiley smiling widely and bubble tea on the other. The hint for the picture of the smiley was:
 
*This member is extremely hyper! BEWARE!*
 
"hey sungyeol! They finally got you a playmate!" Myungsoo stated, reading the hint. Sungyeol just rolled his eyes and picked up the card with the bubble tea on it. The hint on that was:
 
*This member is seen by international fans as the prince of the group who treats his fans as "peasants" *
 
"Prince? Really?" Woohyun scoffed, listening to the hint being read out to him. 
 
"Wait what was the picture?" you asked, coming out of the kitchen, with a tray of cupcakes as Tomo came out with a tray of drinks. 
 
"Bubble tea why?" You placed the food down and the boys rushed to it. You called Tomo over and you examined the cards. Just then you realised and gasped, arranging the cards:
 
Angel, Kimchi spaghetti, dancing figure, smiley face, bacon and finally bubble tea
 
"Are you thinking what i'm thinking?" You asked, looking at your best friend. 
 
"EXO-K" the both of you said in unison.  You hugged each other and you told the boys. They just shrugged and continued eating so you decided to change into your sleeping clothes. Walking through the corridors you came to the door, that you placed your bags in.  (keep in mind the cameras are still filming) You turned the handle and opened it….
 
 
 
to find yourself screaming.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The tall boy fanned you, as you came too and opened your eyes to see Chanyeol and blonde Baekhyun.
 
"I-i'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you that much!" Chanyeol apologised. You realised that they had brought you into the room and sat up. 
 
"It's fine…" you replied, rubbing your eye. Baekhyun stared worriedly and you smiled at him.
 
"I'm fine Baekhyun-ah." You looked up and noticed that all of EXO-K was in the room. D.O and Suho were chatting and Kai and Sehun were dancing. They noticed you conscious figure and rushed over.
 
"Are you ok?" Suho asked, worriedly. 
 
"I'm fi--" Before you could finish your sentence, the door opened and INFINITE and your best friends stood there staring at the scene. Myungsoo saw your normal state and ran over hugging you tightly. 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The six boys stood in front of you and started.
 
"1,2,3 We are ONE! Anyonghasayo EXO-K imnida!"  They introduced themselves to the sleepy INFINITE and to the shocked and star-struck members of your group. Just then the PD handed Sunggyu a slip of paper.
 
"What's this?" Suho and Sunggyu said simultaneously and looked at each other. Myungsoo grabbed the paper and opened it to find sleeping arrangements.
 
Room 1: Aniki, Dongwoo, Kai, Woohyun, D.O
 
Room2: Tomo, Sungyeol, Suho, Myungsoo, Sehun
 
Room 3: ______, Sungjong, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Hoya
 
The three girls in the room shrugged and grabbed their bags heading to each room. Well you didn't need to, since all you were in Room 3. 
 
"I'll go bathe!~" You sang to them as the boys readied themselves. During the time that all three girls were bathing, the two boy groups were forced to bond with each other. Surprisingly Sungjong and Sehun got along really well and were good friends. Myungsoo, Chanyeol and Sungyeol were chatting in the kitchen. Suho and Sunggyu were chatting in the living room. Woohyun and D.O were talking heartily about cooking and Kai and Hoya were teaching each other their band's dance moves in Room 1. Baekhyun was in the room, clearing up and Dongwoo entered and offered his help. 
 
You were the first one out and was wearing a purple ying yang tank top,black sweats and a cat beanie. 
 
"I'm done!" you exclaimed, stepping out of the bathroom. Baekhyun chuckled. 
 
"Yes you are! And you smell extremely fresh~" he said smiling. You grinned back and walked out into the corridor to  see Sungjong and Sehun talking to each other. Sungjong saw you and called out.
 
"______-ah! Meet my new friend Sehun!" Sungjong exclaimed. You bowed to the almighty Sehun who bowed back in surprise. (just kidding, you knew he was nice). The three of you were having a nice chat until someone picked you up,running away. You looked up to see Sungyeol.
 
"Yah! Put me down!" He ran past Room 2, just as Tomo was coming out and just missed her. Tomo just shrugged and walked back into the room.  Sungyeol reached room 3 and smirked, throwing you. You screamed but instead felt another pair of strong arms which turned out to be Chanyeol's.
 
"Wow you're cute!" Chanyeol exclaimed, taking a good look at your face. You were taken away from him and found yourself being held by Myungsoo.
 
"Too bad she belongs to m--Sungjong!" Myungsoo stated. The boys raised their eyebrows and left.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
It was late at night when all of you decided to go to bed. You laid out your mattress, next to Baekhyun and Sungjong and plugged your iPod in listening to Girls Generation Lost in Love. 
Falling asleep, Sungjong pulled you closer, kissing the top of your head.
 
 
 
 
 
I love you, 
I can wait for you endlessly
When you come to find me
I can smile at you, always oh~