[5] Chansook x Taemin: Til Then, My Love

Dear Diary [One shot shop CLOSE!]

 [5] Til then, my love

Title: Til then, my love

Pairings: Chansook x Taemin

Genre: Drama, Romance

Writer: SweetPoison


(Chan Sook's POV)

Another boring day at school, the clouds; check, the birds; check, noisy brats running through the school corridor; check, a group of seniors bullying me; check. It’s always been like this since as far as I can remember; nothing changed.

“Ya, Chansook! Why do you look like a geek? You sure are an eyesore.” A senior pleaded, with her arms crossed.

“Uhh—” I started as I pushed my eyeglasses up to the brim of my nose. I gathered all of my strength as I clenched to the books I’m holding; this thing has got to stop.

“What’s with you, weirdo? Gonna beat us up with your books?” Another senior laughed.

“P-Please…stop this…I’m not doing anything to you…” I squeaked as I looked down, trying to hide my tears.

“Not doing anything?” A senior scoffed “You irritate us by just looking at you then you're telling us that you did nothing wrong?”

My eyes started tearing up; my head remained as it is. I can hear their loud laughter as they surrounded me.

“So what are you gonna do now huh? Weirdo?” A senior said.

I closed my eyes, for I don’t know what to say; I’m too scared.

“Hey!” A voice said.

I snapped my eyes open as I heard this voice, I looked up and there I saw guy holding a senior on her wrists.

“What are you doing to her?” He said.

“What the hell is it to you anyway?” A senior said as she pulled her wrist form his grasp “Wait a minute…You’re SHINee’s Taemin right?”

“Well, yeah. So?” He asked.

“So his name is Taemin…” I thought; I haven’t been able to watch artists like him because I’m too busy with my books. He’s not so bad after all.

“Hey, even though you're rich and famous don’t think that we’ll be able to show you any respect.t” A senior said

“I’m not saying that I’m the one that you have to deal with…” Taemin smirked “It’s the principal that you have to deal with not me.”

“T-The principal?” the seniors said as they exchanged glances

“Yeah, I have connections with him you know, so I can really chew you out” Taemin smirked again.

“Remember this day Lee Taemin…we’ll surely get you back” A senior said as they all ran away.

“What a pain in the ” Taemin said as he scratched his head.

I felt numb and stared at him for a while. He is very attractive, kind and attractive…and kind…in the end, I fell in love with a guy I barely knew.

“Ya…” Taemin said.

I came back from a daze as I saw his face close to mine.

“…”

“Are you alright?” He asked.

“Y-Yeah…” I replied.

“Why are those seniors picking on you? Did you do something wrong? Steal something from them?” Taemin asked.

“D-Do I look like someone that could be doing that?” I scoffed.

“Then why?” He asked again.

“Their day ain’t gonna be complete without them picking on me…I’m used to it after all…” I replied.

“But, you shouldn’t let them do that to you…” He said.

“You know what…thank you for saving me and all but it’s not enough reason for you to be invading my private life…” I scoffed; irritated “Now, if you’ll excuse me…”

I continued my way towards my classroom, but then, a hand held my wrist. I looked back and saw Taemin clinging unto me.

“Now, what?” I asked as I turned to him.

“I didn’t mean to invade your private life but I want us to be friends…” He said.

“H-Huh?” I asked.

“You don’t have one don’t you?” He asked.

“N-No…” I reluctantly said. “But what is it to you?”

“Actually, I just came in today and I don’t know anyone yet…so I’m just asking you to accompany for a day” He said.

“But you're famous…you can get a lot of friends in a blink of an eye…you don’t need to hang out with a weirdo like me” I said as I pulled my hand from his grasp.

“But I want a weirdo like you to accompany me…” He smiled .“So? What do you say?”

“…”

“Please?” He pleaded.

“J-Just for a day alright?” I stuttered.

He nodded.

“O-Okay…” I whispered.

At lunch, where my usual routine is to go down stairs meet my seniors and then let them bully me, but today it’s totally different. Taemin accompanied me at Lunch, when we got down my seniors are there where I expected them, but with Taemin beside me they can’t even come close to me. We sat at MY usual table where I usually eats and also to read my book. I can feel about a thousand pair of eyeballs staring at our direction. I felt uneasy and then I started fidgeting on my seat.

“Ya, Taemin…we should transfer into a table veeeeeeery far from here…” I started as I clenched unto my chopstick.

“Huh? Waeyo?” he asked “Oh, there’s rice stuck on your lip…”

He leaned over to me as he got the grain of rice. The stares at us felt more intense; all I can do now is just look down on my lap.

“And Cha sook…” Taemin said.

“Y-Yeah?” I asked as I glanced at Taemin

“Thank you for accompanying me today…” He smiled.

I felt blood rushed to my cheeks, my heart is racing and my body can’t stay still; I kept on fidgeting.

“N-No problem…” I said as I, again, looked down on my lap

As time passed by, our one day deal was forgotten and we kept each other’s company; we became closer to each other and that’s when I’ve realized that I’ve started telling him my feelings that I’ve kept buried inside me for a long time. We were sitting side by side at the rooftop that day; I can feel that everything is perfect by then.

“They’ve been bullying me since last year…but I really can’t recall anything that I’ve done wrong to them…” I pouted as I hugged my knees

“Maybe you’re making them feel insecure…” Taemin chuckled “I saw their faces and they’re not as pretty as you are…”

“Hmmm…” I whistled.

“What? Still upset?” Taemin asked as he ran his fingers through my hair.

I slapped his hand away from my head.

“A-Are you really fine with hanging out with a nerd like me?” I asked as I looked down.

“Of course, why’d you asked that?” Taemin said.

“You're famous, you got the looks and most of all you're SHINee’s Taemin…you can have anyone you want…” I squeaked “And yet you're wasting your time with me…”

“…”

“You don’t have to hang out with me anymore…” I said.

“I don’t know what’s running on your mind but let me get one thing straight…” Taemin started “I‘m hanging out with you because I want to…that’s it.”

“But—” I paused.

“But if you're the one that doesn’t want to hang out with me then that’s okay…I’ll stop nagging you…” Taemin said as he stood up, dusted himself then he headed towards the door.

I quickly grabbed his wrist.

“T-Taemin…” I whispered.

He looked back at me; smiled, and then he kneeled to hug me.

“Remember that you're my friend Chan sook…no one can beat you into it…”Taemin said

“Y-Yeah…friend…” I said as I hugged him back

If only I can be someone much more than a friend for him…

The days have passed so quickly and that’s when rumours about Taemin’s departure towards Canada started. While walking down the school corridor I noticed that everyone is giving me the stare. That’s when I was surrounded by a group of seniors.

“Ya, Chan sook, heard that Taemin’s going away…what are you gonna do now?” A senior chuckled

“T-That’s not true…” I pleaded.

“Then don’t believe us…but whatever you do, you can’t change the truth that he’s gonna leave you…” another senior laughed.

“N-No…” I stuttered as I felt tears running down my face.

“Ya, didn’t I tell you to leave her alone?” A voice came from afar.

The seniors turned and there I saw Taemin.

“So you really are begging to be kicked out of school huh?” Taemin smirked.

“…” A senior whispered.

I quickly escaped as they all looked away; tears running out of my eyes.

“Chan sook!” Taemin yelled.

I continued to run as he chased after me. I headed towards the rooftop; my tears aren’t stopping.

*pant, puff*

“Chan sook…” Taemin started.

“You're leaving me, aren’t you?” I asked with my back facing him.

“W-Well—” Taemin continued.

“Answer me!” I yelled.

“Y-Yeah…SHINee needs to go to Canada for some concerts…” Taemin explained “I-It will last for a year…”

“When are you going to leave?” I asked.

“T-Tomorrow…” Taemin replied.

“Tomorrow? And yet you haven’t told me anything? Knowing that we were together all this time?” I said as I turned to him.

“But, I’m gonna to tell you about this…it’s just that…” Taemin paused.

“You don’t care about my feelings at all…” I said.

“T-That’s not true!” Taemin replied.

“Then why?! Why didn’t you tell me anything?” I yelled.

“Because I can’t stand seeing you lonely again!” Taemin yelled back.

“…”

“I want to make you happy…I don’t want to see the Chan sook that I’ve encountered before; sad, alone…I just don’t want to see that…” Taemin said.

“Then haven’t you realized that you're making me more miserable by going?” I asked as my eyes started tearing up again.

“That’s the reason why I can’t tell you…but I’m sorry…I have to…” Taemin replied.

I didn’t speak any more; I wiped my tears and then I bowed.

“T-Thank you for accompanying me these past few days…I-I really appreciated it…” I said “But I think…this is goodbye…”

I ran towards the door.

“Chansook!” Taemin yelled.

Those were the last words that I’ve heard from Taemin. I missed my subjects until Taemin took his flight to Canada; I went back to school after three days. Everything went back to normal, the clouds; check, the birds; check, noisy brats running through the school corridor; check, a group of seniors bullying me; check. This cycle kept repeating for over a year and to tell you the truth; I’ve totally gone numb over their worthless bullying. But after the time that I’m not with Taemin I felt that a part of me was gone.

“Chansook babo-ssi” A senior chuckled.

“Mm Hmmm…” I replied.

“You're so boring these past few days…you're not defending yourself at all” A senior followed.

“…”

“Hey!” A voice said.

‘T-This voice…’ I thought.

As the seniors turned around I saw my prince once again.

“Stay away from her…” He smiled at me “She’s mine…”

“T-Taemin…” I whispered as my eyes started tearing up

“I’m back…Chansook.” He smiled again.

I rushed to him as I gave him a hug.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few days of our reunion we went to the beach for a beach picnic. I stared at the beach as Taemin prepared our picnic mat and basket. He sneaked behind me as he gave me a hug.

“What are thinking?” Taemin asked

“I’m just thinking that I don’t know your true feelings about me yet…” I pouted.

“Huh?” Taemin asked as his embrace loosens.

I ran to the seashore, enjoying every bit of the view.

“I hate you Taemin Babo!” I chuckled.

“Ya!” He chuckled back as he chased after me.

After a few more steps on the sandy shore, Taemin catched up on me; he grabbed my waist towards him as he gave me a peck on the lips. I can feel that I’m blushing at the moment. He held my hand then he kneeled in front of me.

“Chansook…” he started

“Y-Yes?” I replied

“Will you be my girlfriend?” He smiled.

“…”

“I-Is that a no?” Taemin pouted.

“Y-Yes…” I whispered; blood rushing to my cheek.

“W-What?” Taemin asked.

“Yes! Of course!” I said as I kneeled in front of him and then I gave him a hug.


Thanks for reading! Please come back and request again!