Warm Kisses

Dear Diary [One shot shop CLOSE!]

Title: Warm Kisses

AFF Username: maknaes_love96

 Story by: SweetPoison

Poster by: SweetPoison

Pairings: Seohyun and Dongwoo

--

(Dongwoo's POV)

            Here I am at school and; Dang! Why is it so hot today? It would be less warm if this girl, Soyeon, will stop sticking to me like a fly. But what can I do? Every time I try to push her away she would just cling back to me, so it’s pretty much useless. I fanned myself with my shirt as I tried to shake off from this girls hold, but every time I move, it feels hotter so I kind of let her do anything as she pleases. I dragged her towards a bench at the school garden and there, I tried to cool myself off, but no matter how cool the breeze is in here, it made no difference because Soyeon just cling onto me more.

            “Ya, Oppa…why did you bring me into a secluded place?” she chuckled “Wanna play hooky and do it with me here?”

            I just ignored her and then I looked away. Suddenly, Soyeon’s grasp became loose and soon enough she freed my arm, but then…she had done it. She mounted right on my lap as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

            “Wanna do it with me…huh? Oppa?” Soyeon chuckled as she leaned closer.

            “Ya, Soyeon” I said before this would’ve kissed me.

            “Hmmm, waeyo? Oppa?” she asked in a playful tone.

            “You’re dirtying my pants…would you please get off me?” I said

            “Kyaaaa!” a scream was heard from afar.

            As Soyeon looked back, I saw a girl who witnessed the whole scene. I didn’t see her earlier because Soyeon blocked my sight. The girl, as I could describe, was a total nerd; she has these round glasses which covered her long, curly eyelashes, her long, silky hair was up in a ponytail and lastly, there was a pile of books, which I think, she got at the library, resting on her feet. She might’ve dropped it earlier when she saw Soyeon on top of me. No one dared to talk; that is until the bell, signalling the end of the lunch break, was heard.

            “W-W-What are you doing??” she asked, pointing at me.

            “M-Me??” I replied

            “Yeah, who else could it be?” she added as she started picking up the books that she dropped earlier.

            On the other hand Soyeon doesn’t seem to care about the whole incident because just now, she kissed me on the neck, it. I pushed her quickly as I felt her teeth grinding on my skin. She fell hardly on the ground.

            “Ouch” she grunted as she rubbed her back.

            I stood up from the bench and then I started to help the nerdy girl pick up her books. As she saw me doing so, she hurriedly picked the rest up, but still, I picked up a book or two so I just handed it over to her.

            “What are you doing oppa?” Soyeon asked.

            “Shut up” I replied

            The nerdy girl stared at me weirdly before snatching the books from my hands. She stood up then she pushed her glasses up to the brim of her nose.

            “I’ll let you off today since I’m already late” she said “But there won’t be a second time, Jang Dongwoo”

            She, then, ran away.

            “What the heck” I thought as I scratched my head.

            “Ya, Oppa” Soyeon said as she slugged my arm.

            I rubbed the place she hit and then I gave her a stare.

            “What’s with all that helping and stuff? Do you like Seohyun??” Soyeon hissed.

            “Seohyun is her name?” I asked

            “Yeah, you don’t know? We’re all in the same class, dummy” Soyeon replied as she crossed her arms.

            “Really…” I thought as I started to walk.

            “Ya, Oppa! where are you going??” Soyeon asked

            “Classroom, we’re already late after all…”  I chuckled as I ran.

            “Ya, wait for me!” Soyeon called.

            I knew that I’ll be regretting the thought of going to class, because not only is there nothing to do, but also, I can’t find a trace of Seohyun. Soyeon specifically told me that we’re all in the same class so why isn’t Seohyun here? Have this deceived me?

            “Ya, Soyeon” I started.

            As soon as she heard this, she quickly grabbed my arm.

            “Yes? Oppa?” she smiled

            “Where is Seohyun?  You told me she’s here” I continued.

            “Ya…I’m your girlfriend aren’t I? So why are you more interested on that nerd than me?” Soyeon pouted.

            “Ya, I never asked you to be my girlfriend, it’s you who kept on pushing yourself on me” I said

            “Hmmmph…meanie” Soyeon said as she freed my arm.

            “Just answer my question already” I scoffed.

            “All right…saw that group of girls on that corner? Seohyun’s one of them” Soyeon replied

            I quickly stood up as I left Soyeon on my desk. I approached the group of girls, from which I think is studying. But when I scanned through them; Seohyun was not found.

            “Ya, Jang Dongwoo; what the hell are you doing?” A rather familiar voice squeaked behind me.

            I spun around and saw a girl, she have her eyebrow raised and her arms crossed. At first I was puzzled by who she is, but soon, I recalled her face; it’s definitely Seohyun. Unlike the last time I saw her,  her hair is now loose and is reaching the end of her spine, her glasses in which before is stuck on her nose is now hanging down her collar. Ah, I admit, I’m totally falling for her.

            “You’re not such a nerd after all” I chuckled.

            “Ya, you're not in the right position to be telling me that” Seohyun scoffed “Remember that I saw the whole thing earlier.”

            “Will you be telling anyone?” I smiled.

            “For now, I will be holding it as a blackmail material if ever you piss me off” she replied.

            “Hmmm…you know what? I really don’t care if you tell anyone because everyone knows how y Soyeon is, but if doing that thing will make you happy then who am I to stop you?” I replied.

            “What the he—” she paused from a sudden commotion at the door.

            Saem entered the room with a couple of books resting on her arm. She dropped them all to her table, signalling everyone to return on their seats. The others rushed to their tables, leaving me and Seohyun the only ones standing up.

            “See you later Seohyunniee…” I chuckled as I slowly went back to my seat.

            “This morning the head teacher told us that for the field trip tomorrow, those who will not be able to join is required to give us a letter telling us the reason why you can’t come” Saem started.

            Oh right: the field trip is tomorrow, it’s a one week stay in a skiing village of some sort. I was totally planning not to join but if I can twist things a little then I’ll be able to enjoy this trip myself. I raised my hand to catch Saem’s attention.

            “Yes, Dongwoo, you're not gonna join this trip?” Saem asked.

            “Actually Saem, I am joining, that’s why I would like to make a request” I smiled “On the bus ride going to the village, can Seohyun be my partner?”

            “BWOH?!” Soyeon and Seohyun stood up.

            “I think that won’t be a problem” Saem replied

            “But Songsaengnim—” Seohyun pleaded.

            “Don’t worry Seohyun, I’ll bring lots of snacks tomorrow” I smiled.

            Seohyun answered back with a glare and with that, the seating arrangements became final. The next day, I woke up 5 hours before the departure time, winter clothes, check; PJ’s and underwear that will last for a week, check; camera (for taking in pictures with Seohyun), check. Out of all the field trips held by the school, this one is by far excites me the most; not only will I be able to spend time with Seohyun but also, Soyeon will not attend because of fever, she stayed up late last night because of sulking and forgot to cover herself with a blanket and now she’s got the cold so basically, she’ll miss this years trip. I’ll skip the rest of the details and I’ll head on to the time when we were already together. So yeah, here we are at the bus, we are currently sitting side by side, waiting for the ride to start. Dang, I was expecting a conversation full of joy and laughter, but I guess I hoped to high on this one. Just as I was about to give up on this unrequited love, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I quickly looked at Seohyun.

            “Ne? Seohyunniee?” I smiled.

            “Here’s the form that needs to be filled out, answer it and wake me up when you’re finished” Seohyun said as she covered her face with a jacket.

            Psh, and here I thought that she’ll gonna talk to me. Urgh…never mind, as long as I can sit beside her, then I’ll be fine. After a few minutes we took off for our destination but after a few HOURS of absolutely doing nothing, I started to nod off, but what woke me up after that is a light weight added upon my shoulder. I smiled as I saw Seohyun’s head resting on it. I carefully got my camera from my bag, pointed the lens towards us and then I quickly snapped a photo. Finally, a treasure to keep…at the place where were going to stay the boys and the girls were separated and is assigned to different cottages; each one about a lot away from each other. As I was going in the cottage to fix my spot, I saw Seohyun and her friends already skiing. I smiled as I grabbed my skis; I went over to where Seohyun is and was surprised to see her staggering on her way down the hill.

            “Ya, Seohyun; can’t you ski?” I asked as I refrained to laugh.

            “I-I can’t and so? It’s not like I really wanted to do this” she blushed, looking away.         “Hahaha! You can’t??? How pathetic!” I laughed as I bent down to my knees.

            Seohyun gave me a big push which caused me to land in a pile of snow just in front of me.

            “Serves you right, bastard” she said as she went away, staggering.

            I looked up and then I shook my head to remove the bits of snow on my hair. I smiled as I finally knew how to get us talking with each other. At dinnertime the class reunited in the mess hall and I really can’t resist teasing Seohyun, so I went over to their table and then I started my act.

            “Ya, Seohyunnie, want to borrow my skis? They have magical powers that’ll turn you into a skiing champion” I chuckled.

            “Shut up, Jang Dongwoo…just please let me eat in peace” Seohyun replied as she took a spoonful of rice into .

            “You don’t need rice to be a skiing champion…just borrow my skis and you’ll be as good as me” I chuckled once again.

            “You know what?” Seohyun said as she released her spoon and then she stood up “You’re really pissing me off Jang Dongwoo, first of all, you just barged into my life like what? 2 days ago? And now you're acting as if you’ve known me for life; second, even though you're a heartthrob or a rich brat in our school, that’s not enough reason for you to be pushing me around and lastly, I don’t need your advice on skiing or anything, in fact, I don’t need you at all, so stay out my life.”

            Seohyun walked away after that, her friends and I was dumbfounded after Seohyun finished her sentence. I guessed I pissed her off for real this time. At some time between 10:00 and 11 in midnight, I was kind of guilty after what I’ve done because I really can’t sleep; I kept on tossing and turning underneath my blanket. That is until I heard a faint grunting and wheezing sounds from afar. I stood up from my slumber and then I peeked through the frozen, barred window. I saw Seohyun down on the snow with her skiing gear.

--

(Seohyun’s POV)

            “Damn that Dongwoo…I’ll show him” I muttered as I kicked my foot to make the skis move.

            I sure moved some inches but this is nowhere if I wanted to let Dongwoo eat my dust. I pushed my poles down to the snow and then I gave it a big push. The skis followed and soon enough I was skiing down the hill.

            “Yes! I did it!” I cheered.

            But then a pebble poking out of the snow tripped me, causing my body to lose its balance.

            “OH NO” I thought.

            I began to panic as I felt my speed became faster. My hand became numb and then it quickly released the stilts that I was holding; now there really is no way that I could stop. I covered my face with my arms to prevent the tree branches to hit my face, after a few seconds I can’t feel the branches anymore so I removed my arms from my sight but what to surprise me after that is a tree right in front of my sight.

            “KYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” I screamed.

--

(Dongwoo’s POV)

            I snapped my eyes open as I heard a faint scream coming from the woods. My heart began to pound like crazy…it somewhat made me feel nervous…it’s like…something wrong happened. I quickly looked at the window to check for Seohyun but unfortunately, she’s not there. My heartbeat became faster, so I decided to check up on her personally. I grabbed my jacket and rubber shoes as I quickly stormed outside. I went to the spot from which I last saw Seohyun and saw some faint traces of skis. I followed the tracks which led me straight to the woods. It started to snow so I really can’t see if there’s someone over there, I saw a blurry shape of a person from afar and there I concluded that maybe it was Seohyun. I ran deeper into the woods and sure enough it really was Seohyun, she was unconscious and she had this vivid color of red on her lower lip, I looked up and saw the splintered tree from which I think she crashed on earlier. I think the incident happened a few minutes ago because her face is not that kind of pale looking yet. I tried to wake her up by tapping her cheeks lightly and then slowly she began to open her eyes.

            “D-Dongwoo?” she asked.

            “Y-Yeah…” I replied.

            She quickly stood up as her eyes widened but before she could even withdraw for a few inches, she stopped and an expression of pain, overcame her face; she held her thigh and that’s when I noticed that there’s blood dripping from there also. I sighed as I faced my back towards her.

            “W-What?” she asked.

            “If we got you back to the cottage sooner your wound will be treated earlier,, so let’s spare the talking later and just hop on” I said.

            She hesitated at first but then I felt that she have already mounted on my back. I stood up and then I ran back from where I came from. Just then, the snow became heavier and it quickly erased the tracks from the snow, after a few minutes of wandering into total darkness I realized that we’re already lost. I looked at Seohyun from my shoulder and then I noticed that her face became paler from earlier. That’s when I decided to give up on searching for the cottages and start looking for a place to stay. I wandered aimlessly into the big forest and I can feel that Seohyun is becoming heavier, maybe because I’m tired and I really don’t have the energy any longer or is it because of the snow that continued to pile up on Seohyun’s back. That’s when I was motivated to find us a place soon. After a few minutes I became awfully tired and hungry, I tripped on a tree stump and then we quickly fell into the ground, I stared at Seohyun and noticed that her skin is already as white as the snow, her lips which is in a puffy pink color back then is now slowly turning into violet. I sighed as I felt how stupid I am to and now we’re stuck in the middle of the woods. Just as I was about to lose hope, the snow cleared for a bit and not far from we’re lying I saw an abandoned cottage. I gathered all of my strength as I carried Seohyun in the midst of the raging snowstorm. After a few minutes we finally stumbled upon the old, creaking floor of the cottage. I kicked the door close as I let my self rest on the freezing floor. Suddenly, I remembered Seohyun’s condition and stood up to check up on her. I held her hand and it’s as cold as ice, I checked her pulse; it’s becoming weak. The wound she had earlier was still bleeding and I can tell that she’s becoming weaker because of that. I stripped off my jacket and then I wrapped it to her. I tore a piece of my shirt as I overlaid it on her wound. After a few minutes of checking up on her, her color is slowly starting to come back and her wound stopped on bleeding, that’s when I felt chilly all over. I looked around and saw a shaky, loose wood dangling upon a wall, I plucked it out and then I soon saw a bunch of them around the old cottage. After picking every piece up I started to make fire, and believe it or not, I actually made one. I sat near to its flame as I held my hands upon it; I glanced to Seohyun and noticed how beautiful she is even in sleep. I scooted a bit, enough for me to reach her; I started to caress her refined, smooth face, and to think that this face is the one that made such an angry expression hours ago. It’s seems to be impossible to imagine but sure enough, this is it. I traced her lips with my finger and how tingly I felt as I ended it; her dark long hair, rested properly on her shoulders and some of it, on the floor. I really enjoyed staring at her features but then she slowly opened her eyes, I backed off a little and pretended to be soothing my frigidity by the fires warmth. She quickly stood up but I can see that she felt pain due to her wound because she showed a grimace, that’s when I realized that she was staring at my jacket which I covered her. I stayed quiet for a moment because I know that she’ll shout at me or something; but I was wrong, she didn’t yell nor shout, in fact she moved by my side then she gave my jacket back. I grinned as I saw a slight smile brewing upon her lips. Her color is almost back and I can see that her expression lightened up a bit. I glanced at her and was totally surprised to see her glancing at me, I quickly looked away.

            “Ya…Dongwoo…” she said as smoothly as she can but still, she croaked.

            “Hmmm? Ne?” I asked.

            “Why did you follow me? You should be sleeping comfortably in your bed but you're stuck with me in this rundown cottage” Seohyun squaked.

            “Because I’m also the reason why you’re here…” I replied with a smile.

            “…”

            “K-Komawo…” she said as she hid her blushing face.

            I smiled before I replied.

            “Gwenchana…”

            After that, we accompanied each other, side by side, in total silence. But I guess that’s our special way of talking because it felt much better than having us let out words. After a few moments, drowsiness overcame us but it’s so cold that we can’t even sleep a wink. I stood up and then I began searching the cabinets for a blanket. Empty, empty, empty…Ah, finally a blanket. But it’s only one…

            “Ya, Seohyun; there’s only one blanket here…do you mind if we share it?” I asked.

            She looked at me with such horror on her face.

            “B-Bwoh?” I asked.

            “I-I really can’t sleep with a guy beside me…so I think I’ll be fine without it…” she replied.

            “What are you talking about? We will share this…now come on” I said as I laid down the floor.

            I looked at her and then she shook her head.

            “*Sigh* Okay, if you say so” I said as I covered myself with the blanket “We’ll sleep with our backs facing each other, is that fine with you?”

            She hesitated at first but then she nodded. She slipped inside of the blanket and she turned her back against me and also, I did the same. The wind became nastier every minute and that’s when I found myself curling up into a ball. I stared at the fire I’ve made earlier and it died out. I sighed as I closed my eyes hoping that sleep will overcome me, just then, I felt the slight shaking of the blanket that wrapped me. I looked back and saw Seohyun shivering to death, I thought of some ways to make her warm but then I remembered what she said earlier. I gulped as I wrapped my arms around her, she stopped shivering but then her body became frozen and stiff.

            “Don’t worry…just think of it as a heater…the fire already died out and we really don’t have much choice of warming up so I think staying like this in a few seconds won’t harm” I said .

            After my sentence, I felt her stiff shoulders became relaxed and then I began to feel her breathing. I think she felt at ease after that. After a few minutes I think Seohyun is asleep, I slid my hands of her as I sat up. I stared at her then I tried talking to her.

            “Ya, Seohyun…are you awake?” I asked

            There’s no answer. I gathered all of  my courage before I spoke out some words…

            “I love you” I said.

            I glanced at her and saw her still sleeping; I really have no guts when it comes to confessing personally, because this is the first time I’ve made one. But no matter how deep my words would be, she won’t know it because she’s still asleep; I wonder when she will return her feelings to this unrequited love of mine. I lay down and I placed my hands behind my head.

majubogo haryeodeon geu mal chama haji mot haetdeon geu mal na jeonhajido motan chae tto tteona i jarie honja dugo tteonagane jikyeobol su bakke nan..tto chamabol su bakke na..i goseseo neol gidaryeo aswiumman namgin chae tto meoreojindaedo du nuneul gameun chae malhae~ (The words I wanted to say in front of you the words I couldn’t say Without the  chance to say them you left me alone in this place. All I can do is watch, all I can do is hold on, and wait for you here. You’ve gotten farther away leaving only regrets, say it with both eyes closed)” I sang.

            After the last words that I’ve given out, my eyes became heavy and my body became light. I closed my eyes and quickly, I fell asleep. After a few hours; but I’m pretty much sure it was just minutes I stood up from the floor because sunlight have disturbed my sleep. I saw Seohyun still curling up into a ball beside me so I’ve decided to take a stroll out for a while. I opened the door and sunrays first welcomed me. I stretched my arms and I can’t help but notice the beauty that the snowstorm has left, everything is covered with a charming color of white. I sighed as I watched everything from where I’m standing. Just then, the opening of the door from my back was heard and there I saw Seohyun. She was rubbing her eyes as she dragged her injured foot along. I smiled as I gave her a pleasant greeting to match the mood.

            “Good morning” I smiled.
            “M-Morning…” she replied as she looked away.

            My ghad! This feels like we’re some sort of a married couple or something. I stared at her and she seems to be acting strange, but, who cares? Just then, I heard my stomach grumble, I think it’s too loud because Seohyun gave me the stare…we both chuckled after that.

            “So, shall we go?” I asked.

            “But aren’t you hungry?” she asked.

            “Well, yeah…but there’s no food around here so I really don’t have a choice” I replied.

            She rummaged her jacket and then she pulled out a…Sweet Potato?? What the hell is that doing inside her jacket? She broke it into two and then she gave me a piece.

            “Here…” she said.

            “Uhhh…thanks…” I answered as I forced a smile.

            After eating breakfast (?) we set off for the cottages and soon enough I saw smoke into the sky.

            “Seohyun! We’re almost there!” I called.

            But right after I turned to tell her Seohyun collapsed. I rushed to her and saw that her thigh is bleeding again.

            “Just go before me…I’ll just catch up” she stuttered.

            I thought for a second and then I carried her up bridal style.

            “Y-Ya…Jang Dongwoo…p-put me down…” Seohyun pleaded.

            “Don’t worry, the others are nearby so we’ll just be like this for about 3 minutes or so…” I replied “I simply can’t leave you.”

            She didn’t reply after that I ran towards where the smoke is coming from and sure enough the cottages are there.

            “Seohyun…at last” I told her.

            She just smiled and then she fainted.

            “S-Seohyun!” I yelled

            The professors approached us and got Seohyun’s thigh treated. After that, we suffered a one hour speech about “leave-taking.” But we enjoyed the reward after that…Ice-skating.

 

(Seohyun’s POV)

             After my thigh has been treated, Dongwoo and I became much closer and we enjoyed each others company on the reward after that. We went to the skating rink and that’s when we started to skate but guess what? The prince doesn’t know how. I laughed at him every time he slips but there’s one time that he fell so hard that he can’t stand up on his own, that’s when I decided to help him, I pulled him up, suddenly he slipped and then he grabbed my shoulders. I kind of blushed after that and then he looked deeply into my eyes.

            “Seo Joo Hyun…I love you” he said.

            I started to chuckle.

            “W-Why are you laughing?” he asked.

            “I already know that, dummy” I replied.

            “Huh?” he asked.

            I slapped his hands away from my shoulders and then I held his cheeks, I pulled it over closer to mine then I gave him a smack and then I backed off.

            “…”

            “The next time you confess to someone, surprisingly; be sure that the one you’re confessing to, is really asleep” I chuckled.

            “Y-You heard that???” he asked.

            “Let’s just say, I’ve overheard it” I chuckled

            “W-Wait! I can’t skate! Why did you leave me here right in the middle? Ya!” Dongwoo called.

            “majubogo haryeodeon geu mal chama haji mot haetdeon geu mal na jeonhajido motan chae tto tteona i jarie honja dugo tteonagane jikyeobol su bakke nan..tto chamabol su bakke na..i goseseo neol gidaryeo aswiumman namgin chae tto meoreojindaedo du nuneul gameun chae malhae~” I sang as I skated away from him.

            “Ya! Seo Joo hyun!” he yelled.

            I turned to him but I’m really far away from where he’s standing now so I guess he can’t hear even if I say it.

            “I love you too, Jang Dongwoo” I whispered and then I smiled.

--

Thanks for reading! Please come back and request again.