Story 1 [EunNah]

Dear Diary [One shot shop CLOSE!]

Title: Love or War

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama

Pairings: Lee Jinki (Onew) and Park Miyoung

Writer: kp1128

 

 

A girl tiredly and lazily went in her house, lazily removing her school shoes before yawning.

“At last! The last day of school has arrived!” She shouted thinking no one would care.

“And yet, you’re caught in a fight again?” A voice said. She turned to look at who said it and found her parents sitting on the couches at their living room.

“Oh. You guys are home.” She said in a no respectful manner. Well, just so you know, she’s a rebellious girl.

“When are you going to learn?” Her dad said as he approached her.

“Learn what?” She said as she looked at her dad instead of apologizing because of being in a fight.

“You ungrateful girl!” Her dad said raising a hand and was about to slap her but stopped midway.

“Continue it. I’m used to it anyway. Didn’t you just say I always get in fights?” She said in a matter of fact tone. Her dad tried his best to tolerate her rude way of speaking and held in his anger.

“Stop talking like that to your dad. We didn’t teach you to be rude to us or to anybody.” Her mom said. She smirked.

“Who said so?” She mumbled.

“What?” Her mom said.

“Nothing. I’ll be going to my room already. I’m tired.” She said walking away to the staircase and up to her room.

_ _ _ _ _

She woke up with the loud knocks on her door the next day. She looked at her wall clock and found that it was only eight in the morning. She groaned before she lazily got up from her bed and walked to her door and opened it.

“What? It’s still too early.” She mumbled.

“Good morning sweetie. Go pack clothes good for a week and some things that are necessary to bring. You can also bring some things you want to bring but not too much and not too big and heavy.” Her mom said.

“For what?” She asked.

“You’ll know later.” Her mom said.

“Tell me first.” She said.

“Don’t worry. Your brother is coming with you. It’s only a yes for an answer.” Her mom said smiling and walking away without answering her question. She sighed in frustration. She closed her door and did what her mom told her. She doesn’t have any choice anyway.

_ _ _ _ _

She plugged in her earphones to her ears as she chose any song from her IPod’s playlist. They are inside their car with her dad driving, her mom sitting at the passenger's seat, and her brother beside her playing PSP. She was still wondering where they’re going but just can’t think of a place they might go. As she stared out the window, a place slowly came to her mind.

“FARM?!” She shouted.

_ _ _ _ _

“Appa, I’m done fixing the rooms.” A young man said as he went down the staircase to the living room. As he saw two elderly sitting on the couches, he bowed and politely greeted.

“Annyeong haseyo.” He said.

“Oh, Onew, right?” Miyoung’s dad said. He nodded.

“Ah. What a handsome guy you’ve grown to.” Miyoung’s mom said. With that word from her mom, she looked up to the guy and examined his features.

“Handsome yet not my type.” She thought looking away.

“Thank you.” Onew said.

“Oh. Let’s eat lunch. We cooked food for everyone.” Onew’s dad said.

They then walked to the dining room. The foods are already on the table, ready to be eaten by them. Onew and Miyoung already has their eyes set on the fried chicken, both eager to eat it as they waited for a signal that they could already eat.

“Let’s eat.” Onew’s dad said. They both got their forks and struck the same part of the chicken. They looked at each other then at the chicken.

 “Miyoung.” Her dad said.

“Onew just give it to her.” Onew’s dad said.

“Neh.” He said but deep inside he was annoyed.

They then ate quietly and after, Miyoung’s parents left. Onew led both Miyoung and her brother to their rooms. Onew was unwilling to do everything his dad said for Miyoung, and already thought that they’ll not go along well, especially with fried chickens.

_ _ _ _ _

The next day, everybody was already awake getting ready for the farm works while Miyoung was still sleeping.

“Onew, please wake up Miyoung and tell her to that breakfast ready.” Onew’s dad said and again, Onew obeyed but it was against him.

As she reached Miyoung’s room’s door, he stared at it first and sighed before knocking.

“Yah. Wake up. Breakfast’s ready.” He said but there was no response. “What a sleepyhead.” He thought before knocking again but louder.

“What?” She groaned.

“Get up already and eat breakfast.” Onew said.

“I don’t like.” Miyoung replied. Onew didn’t reply and went down back to the dining room.

“She doesn’t like.” He said.

“Hyung, try telling her that you’ll bring a pig to her room. I’m sure that will work.” Minjae, Miyoung’s brother said. Onew looked at him with an eyebrow raised then turned to his dad but his dad just shrugged.

“Don’t tell me she’s afraid of pigs.” He said with a smirk as he walked away. As he reached Miyoung’s room, he knocked first again, before he spoke. “Are you getting up or I’ll bring a pig in your room?” He said. After, he heard scrambling sounds then footsteps walking towards the door. He smirked. “So she’s really afraid of pigs. I wonder why, but above all, this will be so much fun even though she can be rude.” He thought.

“I already told you I don’t want to eat.” She mumbled.

“Whoah. Nice morning hairstyle.” Onew laughed.

“Whatever.” She said.

“I’m just joking. Anyway, in my opinion, it’s better to eat breakfast before you play tag with the pigs, oh, I mean before you start your farm works.” Onew said before turning and walking down the stairs. Miyoung just stood still processing what Onew said.

“AISH!” She said stomping her feet and messing her already messy hair.

_ _ _ _ _

“You should start the farm works already. Onew, please do assist Miyoung, and Miyoung, I know you hate farm works but your parents told me that no matter what you say or do, you would still do the farm works. Anyway, don’t hesitate to ask help from us if you have hard time in any of the farm works.” Onew’s dad said with a smile. Miyoung just nodded. Well, she can’t complain even if she wants.

“Let’s go.” Onew said and Miyoung just followed. “So, you’re afraid of pigs huh?” Onew said.

“It’s not your business.” Miyoung said.

“It is because I’m the one to give you farm work.” Onew said with a smirk.

“Well, don’t expect I’ll follow it all.” Miyoung said rolling her eyes.

“But don’t expect as well that you’ll be a princess here, and unlike at your own place, you aren’t the one to order here because here, I’m the boss, you understand?” Onew said and Miyoung smirked.

“Whatever.” She said.

“Ok. So first, you’ll feed the chickens.” Onew said ignoring what she said.

_ _ _ _ _

Half an hour had passed since they started their farm work and fortunately, Miyoung did well in feeding the chickens.

“I did well, didn’t I?” Miyoung smirked.

“Well, this is just the start. Now, you’ll milk the cows.” Onew said grinning and walking away.

“Yeah, right.” Miyoung said following Onew.

“Go seat here.” Onew said patting the stool.

“Be happy that I’m being a good girl here and I’m following your orders because I follow no one.” Miyoung said sitting on the stool. Onew smirked.

“This is how you milk a cow.” Onew said showing her how. “Get it?” Onew said.

“Yeah. I’m not stupid.” She said.

“Ok then. Go milk that cow already.” Onew said walking away. “What a girl.” Onew thought looking back at Miyoung and as he turned and faced forward, he was surprised to see his best friends, Jonghyun, Key, Minho, and Taemin. “Yah. You almost gave me a heart attack. What are you doing standing there?” Onew said.

“Who’s that?” Jonghyun asked.

“Ah. Her? She’s the daughter of my dad’s friend. She’s staying here for a little while, I hope.” Onew said.

“I hope?” Key laughed.

“If you just know what happened yesterday.” Onew said.

“What?” Minho said.

“She stole the fried chicken I want! You know that?!” Onew said. The other four laughed. “Nothing’s funny.”

“Alright. I get it. Then, how’s she doing so far?” Taemin asked.

“Well, she’s doing good so far. She’s following all I say and she even said that I should even be happy because she doesn’t follow anybody.” Onew said.

“Oh.” Jonghyun said.

“You know what, just help me with the other farm works.” Onew said.

“Sure.” The other four said following Onew.

_ _ _ _ _

It was time for lunch when they finished all the farm works for the morning. Miyoung was still mad at Onew for locking her inside the pigs’ cage when she didn’t want to feed the pigs while Onew was laughing hard. She spent half an hour just trying to avoid the pigs. Lucky enough that Jonghyun, Key, Minho, and Taemin helped her in feeding the pigs.

“How did your farm works go?” Onew’s dad asked.

“Good and fun.” Onew said laughing.

“Yeah right. You just had fun when you locked me inside the pigs place.” Miyoung said.

“What? You did that Onew?” His dad said.

“But dad, she doesn’t want to feed the pigs.” Onew said.

“But that’s not enough for you to lock her inside the pigs’ place. Say sorry.” His dad said.

“But…Alright. Sorry Miyoung.” Onew said and Miyoung stuck her tongue out on him.

“It’s alright.” Miyoung said with a mischievous smile. After, they ate quietly and then took a short break before starting the unfinished farm works.

_ _ _ _ _

A few weeks had passed. Miyoung already got used with how everyday life is at the farm except for the early wake up time and the pigs.

“Should we bring Miyoung and her brother to the shore sometime?” Jonghyun suggested.

“I don’t think she wants to.” Onew said.

“Who said? Maybe you just don’t want to bring me there.” Miyoung said.

“Glad you know.” Onew said.

“Whatever.” Miyoung said.

“You two aren’t going really well huh?” Key said.

“NEVER!” The two shouted.

“Easy.” Minho smirked.

“Let’s concentrate on our farm works.” Onew said.

“Neh ahjussi.” Taemin teased. Onew glared at him. “Just kidding.” Taemin laughed.

_ _ _ _ _

Night came. Everyone went to bed while Miyoung sneaked out to go to the shore. She asked where it was from Jonghyun. As she got to the shore, she breathe in the fresh air and stretched.

“Never been in a place like this for a while.” She said. She gathered some pebbles before she sat on the sand and throw pebbles to the sea.

“Why did I even hope that we’ll have a vacation here as a family? That was so foolish of me.” She mumbled as she threw a pebble. “Stupid me, stupid farm works, stupid farm, stupid…Onew.” She muttered.

“Yah. Who did you just call stupid?” She tilted her head to the side then looked up to see Onew looking at her.

“You. Why? Any problem?” Miyoung said.

“Yes, there is because you don’t have the right to call me stupid, you know?” Onew said. She didn’t respond and looked at the sea. “If you don’t like it here, why not leave?” Onew said. Miyoung didn’t respond. Onew just smirked. “If you want to leave because you miss your own place or you don’t want to do the farm works here, then leave. I won’t tell anyone. That’s a promise.” Onew said before turning to leave. “Oh. Anyway, may I know why you’re acting rebellious and a strong girl when it’s obvious you’re not?” Onew said.

“It’s none of your business. Leave me alone.” Miyoung said.

“I will but answer me first.” Onew said.

“It’s because I am rebellious. You don’t really have to know why, got it?” Miyoung said.

“Alright. Fine. It’s just that you’re beautiful but you’re wasting it acting like that. Anyway, I’ll be going back home already, and I think you should also because it’s cold here and you still have to wake up early tomorrow for the farm work. That is if you aren’t going to leave.” Onew said before walking away. Miyoung sat still on the sand as the words from Onew repeats on her mind.

_ _ _ _ _

The next day, with no definite reason, Miyoung was quiet as if she was in deep thought. Onew noticed it but didn’t bother to ask her. It was no different day in the farm for them and they just did they farm works as it was every day.

Before the sun rose the other day, Miyoung had decided to leave like what Onew said to her the other day. She got her things that she packed the night before. She first went to check on her brother.

“I’ll just go back home. I’ll wait there till you come back from this vacation. I just can’t stay here any longer.” She thought before closing the door to her brother’s room.

At the same time, Onew woke up feeling thirsty. As he walked out his room and walked to the staircase, he squint his eyes as he saw someone going down the stairs. As he got a clearer view, he stopped walking and watched Miyoung go down the stairs.

“She’s really leaving huh?” He thought. As Miyoung got down the stairs, Onew walked down the stairs as well and watched Miyoung walk out the door and quietly closed the door. He doesn’t know why but it’s like he wants to stop her. “Didn’t you want her away for the first place, right?” He thought as he shrugged and walked to the kitchen and drank a glass of water. After a few minutes, it started raining. He suddenly felt worried because it was raining quite hard, and he knows that Miyoung left.

“Aren’t you going to follow her?” A voice said and when he turned, he saw his dad.

“Appa…” Onew said.

“Are you just going to let her leave at this kind of weather? It’s up to you. You might later regret it.” Onew’s dad said. Onew hesitated at first but smiled and nodded before grabbing an umbrella and walk out the door.

_ _ _ _ _

As the rain started falling Miyoung looked up and sighed in frustration.

“Why does it have to rain right now?” She said.

She looked around trying to find a place to protect her from the rain but found nothing. But in her surprise, the rain stopped dropping on her, and when she looked up, she saw Onew.

“What are you doing here?” She asked.

“Trying to protect you from the rain?” Onew said.

“Didn’t you want me to leave in the first place?” She said in sarcasm.

“I do but today’s not the right time.” Onew said.

“I don’t care. I want to go home already. Go home and leave me alone.” Miyoung said pushing Onew away. The umbrella slipped from his hand and was taken by the strong wind away.

“Look what you did! Now, we don’t have any umbrella!” Onew said.

“It’s your fault. I told you to leave me already!” Miyoung said.

“But I can’t!” Onew said.

“Why?” Miyoung said. Onew sighed.

“You really want to know?” Onew said.

“Yeah. Sure.—“ Before Miyoung could continue, Onew leaned in and their lips touched.

A bus passed by and a kid saw the romantic kiss in the rain the two shared. He tugged on her mother’s shirt.

“Mom, look. There’s someone kissing.” He said and his mom covered his eyes.

“Teenagers these days.” She said.

_ _ _ _ _

They went home drenched with the rain.

“Noona! Hyung! Why are you two so wet?” Minjae asked.

“Oh. We got wet in the rain.” Onew said.

“Why are you two outside, and noona, why are you holding your bags?” Minjae asked.

“Uhm…” Miyoung doesn’t know what to respond.

“Ah. We are supposed to wash her clothes but it suddenly rained.” Onew said.

“Oh…” Minjae said.

“You two should change to clean and dry clothes already. Onew just lend her your clothes because I’m sure her clothes are all wet.” Onew’s dad said. He nodded before they both walked up the stairs.

“Here. You can use this.” Onew said handing Miyoung some clothes.

“No, thanks. Maybe I still have some dry clothes. I’ll just use that.” Miyoung said.

“It depends on you but bring it to your room still in case all your clothes are wet.” Onew said and Miyoung just nodded getting the clothes and walk to her room. Onew watched her walk to her room then locked his door after. “Lee Jinki! Why did you kiss her, huh?! You’re really out of your mind already. Damn.” Onew said messing his hair.

_ _ _ _ _

After that, it had been a little awkward between them, and as days passed like that, Onew didn’t take the awkwardness and decided to confront Miyoung.

“Miyoung, wait.” Onew said as he held on Miyoung’s wrist. They were on break. “Let’s talk.” Miyoung reluctantly nodded. They sat on the swing at Onew’s house’s yard. “Are you thinking of the…kiss?” Onew asked.

“Huh?” Miyoung said feeling herself blush remembering the kiss.

“If you feel that I violated you, sorry. I didn’t mean to kiss you but I wanted you to say that…I really do like you.” Onew said.

“Didn’t you hate me?” Miyoung said.

“That was before. Actually, I didn’t expect to like you because to be honest, you are sometimes an ignorant, arrogant, brat, and a rebellious girl but as days passed I started to get used to it and after hearing what you said when you were at the shore the other day, I understood you.” Onew said. Though Miyoung got a little bit hurt with the description Onew gave her, she understood it but what caught her attention most was when Onew said he heard all she said the other day at the shore.

“Eavesdropping, huh?” Miyoung jokingly said.

“Not really.” Onew said grinning. “Then are we ok now?”

“Uhm… Alright, but promise me that you’ll not kiss me again without my permission, ok?” Miyoung said.

“Yeah, got it.” Onew said.

“Then, we’re ok.” Miyoung said smiling.

“But can I ask something?” Onew said.

“What?” Miyoung asked.

“Can you be my girlfriend?” Onew said.

“Alright.” Miyoung said smiling and Onew hugged her.

_ _ _ _ _

The next following days, everything went well, and they finally got along well besides that there are together now, after almost a month since Miyoung and her brother came, but since it was only a vacation, there’s really a day when Miyoung would go home.

It was ten in the morning and they were busy with their farm works when Onew and Miyoung were called by Minjae to the house. As they entered the house, they were both surprised to see Miyoung’s parents at living room with Onew’s dad. They looked at each other.

“Have a seat you two.” Onew’s dad said. They nodded and sat on the vacant couches.

“How was the vacation?” Miyoung’s mom said.

“Good.” Miyoung replied.

“Oh. I guess Onew took good care of you.” Miyoung’s mom said with a giggle.

“Uh… Yes.” Miyoung said.

“Oh… That’s good to hear.” Miyoung’s dad said.

“Uhm… Are you taking us home already?” Miyoung asked.

“Ah. Yes. Maybe you should start packing and fixing your things now except if you don’t want to leave still.” Miyoung’s mom said. Miyoung turned to Onew but he just looked away.

“Ah. No. Sure. I’ll fix my things now. Minjae, I think you should also fix your things. Excuse me.” Miyoung said standing up and went to her room. She stopped before walking up the stairs and looked at Onew but he was just looking down. She sighed walking up the stairs, thinking if she really should leave or ask for an extension or probably, a permanent stay, but she knows she won’t be allowed.

Onew sat quietly on his seat as he felt hurt that Miyoung would go back to her real home but thinks that who is he stop her from leaving anyway, besides that he’s her boyfriend. He sighed before excusing himself and went to their farm.

“Hey bro!” Jonghyun said.

“Where’s Miyoung?” Minho said.

“Why ask me?” Onew bitterly said.

“Duh. You’re her boyfriend.” Key said.

“Did you two fight?” Taemin said. Onew didn’t reply. The four looked at each other.

“Is she going back to her real house already?” Minho asked. Onew nodded.

“Oh. That’s why.” Key said.

“But are you sure she’s really leaving?” Jonghyun said as he noticed Miyoung coming.

“Of course! I heard it from her! If she’ll just go back to her real home, she shouldn’t have let me love her like this.” Onew said with a bit loud voice. The four smirked as they saw Miyoung walking towards them.

“You heard it, Miyoung. Maybe you should just really leave.” Jonghyun said. Onew was surprised and turned to see Miyoung standing behind him.

“Miyoung, I thought…” Onew trailed off with his words. The four quietly walked away so the two could talk.

“Do you really want me to leave?” Miyoung said.

“Of course not. It’s just that you said that you want to go back home already.” Onew said.

“Yeah, I know but then I thought of asking for an extension.” Miyoung said.

“Really?!” Onew said. Miyoung nodded. Onew hugged her.

“You love me that much huh?” Miyoung giggled.

“Of course, I love you. You’re my girlfriend, remember?” Onew said moving away from the hug.

“I love you my Chicken Prince.” Miyoung said.

“I love you too, my princess.” Onew said and again, they hugged each other, and after they heard claps and cheers. Little did they know that Miyoung’s parents and brother, Onew’s dad, and Onew’s friends were watching them seeing the love they share for each other.

_ _ _ _ _

A/N:

Hello EuNah! First of all, I want to apologize for posting this late. I know I should've posted this like two days ago. But I do hope you like this or even somewhat reached your expectations. If you have something you want to change or any comments about  this, please do post on our wall or leave a comment here. Thank you for reading and requesting! :)