The bag

Breathe in, Breathe out.

 

 

*Anita point of view*

 

"Here you go."

Hyo Rin throws a small paper plane towards me. It lands a few feet in front of me. "What's that?" Sin Yeon asks and raises an eyebrow. Min Ah is too busy daydreaming about the moment she touched Kikwang's hand. "Something Yoseob said to give to you." I look up at Hyo Rin as I pick it up. "Reall-" I start, but I am interrupted by Min Ah jumping in front of Hyo Rin. "REALLY!? YOU TALKED TO HIM!?" I can see a small grin on Hyo Rin's face. I smile and let her have her moment. "Of course, I always told you we were meant to be!" Hyo Rin throws her hands up and do a cute aegyo for Min Ah, who starts screamin. Sin Yeon walks over to me. "If she talked to him... Then why did you get the note?" I smile and shrug. "I don't know" I answer. 'I honestly don't' I think to myself and put the note in my pocket, without looking at it. She raises and eyebrow and gives me a look that says 'We need to talk'. I whisper "later, not now" and start walking towards the other girls. Hyo Rin is in the middle of acting out her dialogue with Yoseob for Min Ah, both overly excited. That's what I remember the plastic bag. "Oh, I.. need to pee. You guys just go ahead, I can go home by myself." I smile and wave them off. Just as I turn around I can see Sin Yeon sending me a questionable look. I smile, and start walking.

"I am so soooo sorry!" I say and cover my eyes. 'You idiot!' I say to myself as I go back into the hallway, flashing red. 'You can never rule out the option of there actually BEING someone in the mensroom!' I hit my head against the wall, and hear a door go up behind me. I am too embarrassed to face the man coming out, but I can hear at the pace of his steps that he wasn't exactly comfortable either. I sigh and head back in. 'Do it quick, Anita. You don't have all day.' I lay down on the floor and get hit with a sudden dust attack. 'Yang Yoseob,' I think as I look at my dust-filled clothes. 'You are so paying for the dry-cleaning.' I put my hand under the sink and start searching. After a minute of fumbling I'm close to giving up. Just as I pull my hand out of the darkness, my hand a plastic surface. 'The bag!' I think and drag it out. My hand is holding a black paper bag. It's taped together and whatever is in it is hard and thin, about the size of a palm. As I am about to open it, I hear a door unlocking behind me. 'Oh crap, not again.' I panic and run out of the mensroom before the next embarrassing meeting with another man. 

I am sitting on my bed. My mother had gotten a minor heartattack when she looked at the dusty state I was in and had ordered me to take a shower at once. My mother has a light version of OCD-hygiene. Everything needs to look clean and stylish at all times. It's actually quite disturbing. I sigh and start playing with the edges of my pajama pants. In front of me is the plastic bag. I haven't opened it yet since I don't know what to expect. 'Oh for crying out loud, Anita, it can't be anything dangerous.' I take the bag, rip it open and empty it on my bed. Out of it falls a... phone? I stare at it for a coupe of minutes before I remind myself to blink. I pick it up and try to figure out what kind it is. It's a Samsung Galaxy S. 'Okaaaayyy... Why would he ask me to pick up a phone?' I think and try to push some of the buttons on the side. No reaction. I try hitting the power button, and it turns on. Then it asks me for my pin. 'How. Should. I. Know?' I turn it off again and put it on my desk. This does not make sense, what so ever. I turn off the lights and head down for dinner.

It's just me at the table. My dad is working late and my mother got a sudden urge to start doing laundry. After a couple of minutes of eating in silence I see my mother appearing the kitchen. In her hand she's holding my jacket. She's holding it away from her body, almost as if it's full of diseases. I hide a smile. "Empty your pockets, I'm sending it to the dry-cleaners." "Aye, mam!" I say and skip over to her. Out of the pockets I pull my iPod, lip balm and the note Hyo Rin gave me. "Oh..." I stutter and look at it. I realize I have no idea what it is. "What?" My mom raises an eyebrow. "Nothing" I say and stare at the note. "I'm going back up to my room. Thanks for the food." 

'What is this, 'Let's-confuse-Anita-day' or something?' The note makes absolutely no sense to me. All that's on it are four digits. '8-5-3-7'. Is it a code? Is it some sort of way of telling me an address? Is it a joke to make me overthink? "Whatever it is, it's not funny." I say and slam the note on my desk, next to the phone. That's when it strikes me; Hyo Rin had said that Yoseob had told to give me the note, right? It couldn't be... After a moment of dwelling, I decide to try. It's not like the phone would lock itself completely if I screwed up just once. I turn on the phone and wait for the screen that asks for my pin-code to arrive. Calmly, I type it in. '8-5-3-7' My finger stops before pressing 'ok'. "What are you so afraid of?" I say out loud and press it. The screen goes black. Then a menu screen appears. 

It worked.

After a few seconds, the phone gives off a light pling. A new message has arrived. 'Has he already given me this much, he can't blame me for reading the messages, now can he?' My useless attempt of justifying what I'm doing isn't helping, I still feel bad for reading it. The message is from a contact named 'Doojoon-ah~'. The name is awfully familiar. "Ahh.. B2ST member..." I mumble. 'Wha- wait, a B2ST member?' my mind interrupts my actions. 'Whose phone is this?' I read the message and freeze completely. 

Hey Anita~ ^^
Please call this number once you get this message.

Yang Yoseob