Surprise visit

Breathe in, Breathe out.

 

”So... nice kitchen.” Junhyung says and scans the room like Yoseob had done earlier today. I silently tell him to keep it down so my dad doesn’t wake up. I already had one awkward moment with a B2ST member. I didn’t need another.

 

I kindly offer Junhyung a glass of orange juice. He just looks at the carton for a while, as if he’s approving the brand or not. I mentally roll my eyes, but try not to be too obvious. At last he nods and holds out the glass I gave him a short while ago. ”No coffee?” he asks and takes a sip. I point at the clock over his head which is kindly showing 2am. ”Oh...” he says softly and laughs. ”Guess my sleeping schedule is a little off.”

 

”So... Mr. Yong, how can I help you?” I ask shyly. He quickly straightens up and coughs lightly before he whispers back ”Oh that’s right. We don’t really know each other.” He scratches the back of his head and smiles. ”Just call me Junhyung, ’mkay? It’ll be less awkward in the future.”
”What do you mean, ’less awkward in the future’?”
He takes another sip and stares at me like I’m some kind of animal in a zoo. ”The obvious, lady. Look, you may not be aware of this, but Seobie has been pretty... interessted in you the last few days. And I’m talking above average kind of interested.” he adds when I’m about to interrupt. ”Anyway,” he continues. ”I guess I can assume he’s shared some of this information with you?” I stare at him dumbfounded. This kind of thing isn’t what I usually talk about with people I basically just met. He takes another sip and casually says ”I’ll take that look as a yes.” Damnit.”Look, Seobie is... he’s a really okay guy. I’m not telling you to marry him, I’m just saying that it wouldn’t be all bad for, well, the both of you if you like... decided to ’go with the flow’.” His choice of phrasing baffles me. ”He’d treat you real nice, and you can’t exactly dislike his company, since you.. well, let’s just say ya haven’t kicked him in the face just yet.” He seems rather pleased with himself and his little speech. I hold back a sigh.

 

Instead I decide to ask something that’s been bothering me for a while. ”I can only assume from this little... ’surprise visit’” Junhyung shrugs and smiles. ”... that Yoseob doesn’t know you’re here. So how did you know where I li-” Before I can finish the sentence Junhyungs phone is in front of my face, showing a text message with my address on it. I recognize the number at once. ”Hyo Rin... ” I say through clenched teeth. ”She was surprisingly hesitant to telling me your address until I promised to do her a favor in return.” he says and puts his phone on the table.  ”Of course.” I say and bury my face in my hands. ”By the way...” I force out from between my hands. ”If you don’t mind me asking, how are you and Hyo Rin?” I remove my hands and meet a clearly annoyed Junhyung. ”We’re not gonna talk about that.” Just then a message ticks in on Junhyungs cell phone. ”Speak of the devil...” he mutters and opens it. The content is apparently satisfying. After a devilish smile he puts his phone in his pocket and gets up. ”Anyway, I’ve said what I needed to say. Seobie is an impatient guy. He won’t wait for your answer for weeks and weeks. If you’re going to let him down, do it now. If not, then don’t wait too long. I just want to make sure you know he ain’t all that bad, for a short guy.” I bite the inside of my cheek to hold back my smile, and just nod. ”I’ll let myself out.” He says and slams the door real loud on his way out. In despair I hit my head against the wall a couple of times, and start couting. ”10.. 9.. 8..” I hear rapid foot steps upstairs. ”3...2...1...” ”WHO’S THERE!?” My dad makes a surprise visit in his bathrobe with a can of hairspray in his hand. ”I AM WARNING YOU! I AM ARMED! BEWARE, CULP- Oh it’s just you.” He says when he sees me and heads back up the stairs. I shake my head. Shortly after I follow him and head into my room. Technically I am still able to get enough sleep before tomorrow, although I doubt it.

 

I have some final thinking to do. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone!
Sorry for the really really really late update!

I keep getting new ideas for fan fictions all the time, but I don't want to start a new one. I know myself too well, and I know that I'll end up abandoning both in  the future if I do that. Then again, I'm unable to keep writing on this one if I keep thinking about the other idea, so I had to wait for my brain to get back to earth. I couldn't even finish the chapter I already had on my computer.

 

Anyway, it's out! I hope you like it!
I'll try to update faster in the future.