Stake Out

Breathe in, Breathe out.

 

 

Before I know it, his hand is covering my mouth, forcing it shut. "Yah, not so loud, would you?" He looks around nervously and hides behind the bouquet I have yet to accept. A couple 50m from us turns their heads, but don't seem to recognize him. Relieved, he sighs and removes his hand from my mouth. I haven't stopped staring at him since I recognized him. He coughs and straightens up before he once again hand me the flowers. "These are for you." My jaw drops once again. "F-For me!?" I say and rip them out of his hands. "Yeah." He says a bit flustered. "I hope you like them. I picked them out mys-" "I FREAKING LOVE THEM!" I scream and throw myself around his neck, never wanting to let go. Surprised he backs up a bit. "Yah yah yah~ Calm down!" He says and unlock my arms from his neck. I can feel my cheeks getting red. His are as well. "Ehh.. So... Let's take a walk." He says and grabs my wrist, leading me in the same direction as him. 

I have never been this happy.

 

*Anita point of view*

"Yah, are you sure this is going to work?" I ask and zoom in on Hyo Rin with my cell phone camera. It was the best binocular-replacement I could think of. "Of course! Junhyungie is a complete womanizer. Just you wait and see~" Yoseob replies between munching on his cheese doodles. I sigh and sit down again. We are hiding behind a bush in the park, only around 100m away from Hyo Rin and Junhyung. The scenery is like a bad romance film from the 50s. "Cheese doodle?" Yoseob asks and hands me the bag. I scowl at the bag. He just shrugs and keeps on eating. I swear I can hear him mumble "more for me..". 

"Hey guys! What did I miss?" Min Ah asks as she crawls back the bush to our secret little hideout. "Ah, Min Ah~ She threw herself around his neck!" Yoseob grins. "Really? Yahh.." I just stare at her. "You two are way to natural around each other to just have met 30 minutes ago." I say and flick Min Ah's forehead. "Yah!" She says and takes out a pocket mirror from her bag to see if my flick did her any damage. "If you like someone as much as me, you know everything about them. Technically, I have known Yoseob-oppa for a long long time." "Wow, oppa?" I say and raise an eyebrow. Yoseob seems completely uninterested in the conversation and takes another cheese doodle. "Still..." I say and frown. To be honest, I am still a little uncomfortable around Yoseob. I'm not good with new people. "Anyway, you need me for the plan to work, don't you?" Min Ah says and sticks her tongue out. I smile and flick her forehead again. With a sigh, Min Ah finds her mirror again.

She was right, though. She had been vital for the plan to work.

 

*Flashback to the cafe*

"You-wai-what?" 
"I'll help you."  I just stare at him. "No not that part. What was that other thing?" "Oh, the date part?" He asks and smiles mischievously. "You'll see. Do you want help now or later?" "Now!" I say without thinking. He rolls his eyes and picks up his phone from his pocket. He dials a number and calls it. "Ah, hyung! Are you busy?" I can hear a reply in the other end. "Ah, but that's just perfect! You know how you owe me one and everything, right?" He says and sits down in a comfortable position. Slowly, I sit back down as I observe the situation. "Oh nothing! Just meet a girl or two, you know.." I beam at Yoseob. He innocently shrugs as he points to the phone and mouths 'It's the only way!' I rest my head on the table. I was pretty much lost to what his genius plan was. "Great! Go buy some flowers and head over to the park. We'll meet you soon." Clearly satisfied with himself, he hangs up. "Great idea Yoseob, but what exactly are you gonna do now?" "Aish, it'll all work out,  but only if you give me your phone." I sigh, sit up and find my phone, but hesitate about giving it to him. "Not until you tell me - in detail - what you're gonna do." I say and beam him. "You'll see." He says again, impatiently. "Hurry!" Just do it. He won't do anything dangerous. You can stop him anytime. Defeated, I hand him the phone. 

"I assume you have mutual friends?" He asks as he starts looking around my phone. "Yeah, two close ones." "Which one is the closest to the friend you're having trouble with?" "Min Ah-" Yoseob cuts me off. "Found her." His face is serious all of a sudden as he starts writing a text. After he's done, he shows it to me. 

Can you call me ASAP? 
It's important. It's about your friend.

-Yoseob

I grasp for the phone, but he pulls it back too fast. "You don't like it?" He asks. "NO! You're too obvious!" "Good." He says and hits send. I don't believe it. "YAH! WHAT WAS THAT! SHE'S NOT THE ONE WE NEED TO TALK TO!" I get up and nearly turn the table over. "YOU'RE NOT HELPING OUR SITUATI-" My rampage is interrupted by my phone ringing. I freeze and look at it with a dumb look. I can hear Yoseob giggling as he answers. "Hello~? Ah. Min Ah! ... Yes it really is me. Yes. Yes it is. ... No I can't sing right now. Now as I said in the tex- No I really can't sing right now, sorry. Yes. So this is about your friend Hyo Ri- Yes I do know who Hyo Rin is." I could see Yoseob's expression becoming more and more forced. I had to hold back my laughter. As a friendly gesture, I hold out my hand to take the phone. He just looks at me confused as I mouth 'Let me handle it.' He just nods and hands me the phone. As I put it to my ear, I hear a neverending chain of love declarations. "Min Ah!" I say loudly. The other end goes silent. "Anita? NOO! WHERE DID HE GO!?"  Afraid from damaging my hearing, I distance the phone from my ear. I can see Yoseob writing something on a napkin. Once he's done, he holds it up for me to see. It says 'City Centre Park in 30 minutes. Tell her to bring Hyo Rin.' "Bring Hyo Rin to the park in 30 minutes. Can you do that?" The other end goes silent. "Sure..? But why?" I cover the microphone and asks Yoseob why. He tells to give him the phone. "Hello? Well, she's got a date. You can't tell her though. With who? Yong Junhyung. ... Yes I can get you a date with Kikwang if you bring her." I start smiling. This is classic fangirl in my eyes. Yoseob is starting to look amused as well. "Great! We have a plan, then." Yoseob hangs up and grins. "This is gonna go great!" 

Then why am I so nervous? 

*end flashback*

"They seem to be enjoying themselves..." Min Ah says as she peeks over the edge of the bush. I peek with her. "Min Ah, that's the wrong couple." I say and point her into the direction where you see Hyo Rin and Junhyung. "And no. They look super awkward." Min Ah gasps. "Omo~ You're right." Yoseob climbs up beside me. "Hmm.. You're right. It doesn't look too good." He picks up his phone and dials Junhyungs number. I can see him apologizing to Hyo Rin and answering. "YAH!" Yoseob hisses into the phone. Min Ah and I jump at the sudden attitude change. "Be more romantic! Ask her how she's doing! If she's cold! If she wants to go eat! ... What do you mean you don't know what she likes? FIND OUT!" He hisses again. I do a mental facepalm and snag the phone away from Yoseob and over to Min Ah. She gets the message at once. "Hi! I'm a big fan, you have no idea!" I clear my throat. "Oh, but yes..." Min Ah says and straightens up. Then she starts a short list of the things Hyo Rin likes and the foods he can treat her to. After about 30 seconds she hangs up and hands the phone back to Yoseob without even looking at him. From afar, I can see Junhyung once again talking to Hyo Rin, but this time getting a better response. I smile satisfied and assured. Yah, what a wild day it's been... 

"Don't you have anything to say to me?" Yoseob says as he looks up at the stars. We had decided to call the stalking quits and leave it up to the two kids themselves. Min Ah had headed home already, and Yoseob and I are walking around town. "Like what?" I say and look up too. "Like.. "Oh thank you Yoseob-oppa~ If it hadn't been for you, I don't know what I would have done!"" He says and does a girly aegyo pose. I smile and shrug. "I have to admit I still don't understand how this helps our friendships." I confess and put my hands in my pockets. He smiles and pulls his hat down over his eyes. "It's obvious really. Hyo Rin is a typical fangirl. She will like the one she feels the closest to. At the moment, that is Junhyung. And if he's up for it, this could continue. And then, she'll be more open to the idea of our relationship, and you'll be friends again." I freeze. "R-relationship?" I stutter. "Well.." He hesitates. "Hopefully." We don't say anything more for now.

"Where are we, anyway?" Yoseob breaks the silence first. My head was spinning ever since before we fell silent, so I hadn't noticed where were headed. "Oh..." I say and see the familiar buildings. "I must have lead you to my home." I say and point at a small house. "Oh." He says and admires it. "How nice living in a small house like that..." He whispers. I smile a crooked smile and shrug. "Meh, it works." "Oh, I almost forgot." He says and pulls something out of his pocket. It's my keys. "Oh.. I had completely forgotten." I confess and stare at them. He holds them up in front of my face and waves them back and forth. I lean in to grab them, but just before I get the chance he leans in and kisses my cheek. 

It's like time stops.

After around 5 seconds, that seemed to last forever, he pulls back. I'm blushing, and I'm embarrassed. Luckily, I can tell he is as well. I can't do anything but stare right in front of me. Finally, I stutter some words. "K-keys." My throat is dry. "Of course." He whispers and threads it on my finger. "See you later Anita." He says and goes in the other direction.

I stand on the street for another 5 minutes before I can force myself to move.

The minute I get inside, my phone rings. The display flashes 'Sin Yeon-ah~'. I answer it. "Hello?" I whisper. "Hey. I just wanted to check on you, see if you were okay after this morning. Did anything happen today?" 
Distressed I sit down into the couch. 

"I have no idea where to begin."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woah, long chapter. Hope you all will still read it though~

I hope I cleared some stuff up, also - KISS! Well, almost at least. It counts. .. right?

Anyway, please comment! I love reading your comments. 

Thank you for reading (: