What about your dad's dinner?

Breathe in, Breathe out.

 

 

"Aish, Sunbae! Would you stop checking your phone all the time!? We have a lot of customers here today!" Kibum's hissing and impatient voice wakes me up from my cellphone trance. I fix my gaze at Kibum who is forcing a smile to the customers while giving me an evil look. I turn my head in front of the counter and see a long line of customers waiting in line to pay. "O-oh! Sorry!" I whisper back and hurry up to open the closed register. 

It's been a week since we returned from Jeju, and a week since I've seen Yoseob. Besides from the messy start of the vacation, it turned out to be a great success. We had gone mountainclimbing (with a guide so we didn't make a habit out of getting lost), shopping, barbercued and gone to the beach. My little group of friends and the rest of B2ST really got along, except from Hyo Rin and Junhyung who seemed to fight more often. Apparently, Junhyung wasn't too keen on the idea of going on more dates for a while. Hyo Rin had been really bummed for the last days, but to everyones joy she had started to recover. Min Ah and Kikwang had hit it off especially well. They had the same type of humor and liked to play lame pranks on the rest of us. After Dojoon had recieved a waterballoon filled with pepsi in the face, they had both fallen over laughing. Doojoon was dangerously close to injure someone, but Sin Yeon had dragged him with her to clean him up, and he had followed obediently. 

And then there's me and Yoseob. The remaining days at the island had been... wonderful. Yoseob had gone back to normal and become a person I could talk to about anything. We could talk for hours about anything from world peace to the big annoyance of an untied shoelace. It was like we both stopped walking around on our tip-toes and just walked around comfortably. He had told me to keep the coming week open and wait for a message from him. The message would hold information about our date that we had decided on a long time ago.

I was excited when he told me. Truth be told, it wouldn't just be my first date with Yoseob, but my first date ever. I never cared much for dating and boyfriends, but now I was quite looking forward to it. However, today is the last day of the week I kept open for the date, and time is running out. I'm honestly a little worried he's gonna pull out of it.

30 minutes later, the line by the counter is gone and Kibum exhales tiredly. "Aish, what happened? We usually don't have more than 30-40 customers a day here. Who decided to pour them all at us at once?" I smile and close my cashier. "I guess it's good luck. You can go home tired from work for once!" I say and pat his back. I glance over at my phone. No lights blinking - no messages. I sigh and head to the backroom to clean up.

 

4 hours later, at 8pm, I walk out of the store and wave good-bye to Kibum who is left closing the store. I walk for about 2 minutes, constantly checking my phone for updates and raging inside as none is coming, when all of a sudden a guy across the street yells my name. I turn my head in his direction and see a guy in sunglasses, a cap and a big jacket running across the street. I try to turn away and pretend I don't know him. Son Dongwoon looks way to much like a ert.

When Dongwoon catches up to me, he waves and says (a little too loud) "Hey! It's me, Dongw-" "I KNOW!" I hiss and slap my hand over his mouth. "What the hell are you doing? Do you want people to recognize you?" "Bho hajhuoung tmnld meyi tho ghyive jou shoumething." He says with my hand covering his mouth. I pull it back and mentally facepalm. "Follow me." I say and pull him into an alley. "No one will see or hear you here. Now.. what on earth did you just say?" He takes off his sunglasses and pouts. "I said, 'but hyung told me to give you something'." Then he just stands there. 

"... Dongwoon?" I say after a few seconds. "Yes, Anita?" He says with a big smile. "What.. exactly did he tell you to give me?" "Oh right!" He says and starts digging inside his creepy ert coat. I once again resist the urge to facepalm. "He wanted you to have.... this." He says and pulls out a brown envelope. It's a big, A4 sized envelope that is very light. I frown and open it. Inside there is a a letter. I pull out the letter and start reading the headline:

Welcome to Yoseob's "Date Game Treassure Hunt!" 

The first (and hopefully annual) "Date Game Treassure Hunt" kicks off with the first clue. Do you think you're ready for the challenge?

I stare surprised at the paper and look up at Dongwoon. "Do you know what this is?" I ask. He just shrugs. "He gave me instructions on what to do depending on what you replied." "What.. I reply?" I ask and raise an eyebrow. "Yeah, like... yes, or no." I look down at the letter. "Do you think you're ready for the challenge?" glows strangely on the piece of paper. I smile and shake my head. This is ridiculous, yet charming.

I hit speed dial 2 and put the phone to my ear. Not too long after, the other end picks up. "Hey mom." I say. "I won't be home for a while." "Why not dear? Me and your father are waiting patiently for your return so we can start dinner!" I smile as I hear dad complain in the background "What do you mean, "patiently"? I'm anything but patient!" "You guys can just start." I say and take a last look on the letter.

"I got a game to play."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hellooo... n.n

If you guys know me at all by now, you would know I'm easliy distracted, and as I have mentioned before I can't keep my focus on more than one story at a time. That's why I've been despairing, because an idea for a new fanfic has been lingering on the top of my head for the last week or so. I thought I could just push it away and let it go since I didn't sit down and think what characters to use, but yesterday the perfect character for the fanfic fell into my lap. And now I pretty much can't stop thinking about the story. I even had a dream about it last night, which is pretty damn weird. >_______>
 

I'm telling you this because I'll probably put this story on a shoooooort hiatus until I can get the "new" story out of my system. Then agian you guys are used to my very slow updates, so I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. n.n 

 

Anyway, please do tell me what you thought about this chapter! Subscribers are my candy, and comments are my drug.

(btw, 57 subscribers... ;_____; )That is a lot of people who are eagerly awaiting my updates and biting their nails in panic when they don't get their Ferretkehkeh fix! (don't break my illusion, this is what keeps me going.) 

Have a great weekend y'all. n.n