Knots and numbers

Breathe in, Breathe out.

 

 

*Hyo Rin point of view*

"Hey, where did Anita go?"

Min Ah starts looking around. "I can't see her. Hey Hyo Rin, do you know?" I shake my head and get up on my tip toes to scout better above the heads of the fans in front of me. All of a sudden I see her. She's standing in front of Yoseob. 'Oh god, she's so lucky' I think to myself. 'That's gonna be me shortly!' I can see her high-5'ing him. I raise my hand and I am about to call her. All of a sudden Yoseob's hand entwines with Anita's. I take my hand down, but I don't stop watching. Yoseob tells her to lean in, and he's saying something. When she pulls back, I can see them both smiling before Anita runs off. Min Ah turns to me again. "Do you see her? I'm worried..." "No. No I don't." 

I greet Junhyung. I'm not nearly as excited as I was earlier, and I think he can tell. He just grunts and slaps my hand. Then he sees me off with a cheeky smile. It's a perfect smile. I smile back shyly and head over to him. Yoseob is smiling as playfully as I imagined he would be. His smile is like a dream, and I can't remember being this happy in a long time. I can feel my legs giving in any minute. I'm about to high-5 him as my phone starts ringing. 'Whoever you are, my friend, I am going to choke you slowly once I find out who dares to interrupt my high-5' I think as I reach for my phone. It's Anita. I hurry to answer. "This better be important, Anita." I look at Yoseob only to find that he's gotten fairly interested in my call. I can feel a knot tighten in my stomach. "Okay, we'll meet you by the main entrance later. BYE!" I say and hang up. "Oh, so you're Anita's friend?" I look up to see Yoseob leaning closer. I blush and nod. He smiles. "Ah, well then that makes things a whole lot easier. Could you give this to her?" He reaches for a piece of paper and scribbles something on it. I peek at it as I take the note. It's a line of 4 numbers. '8-5-3-7'. "Sure" I mumble. "Great! Now hands up!" He says and raises his hand. Every fiber in my body is aching to ask how he knows Anita, but I let it be. Instead I high-5 his hand with all my might. It feels as if my heart skips a beat as our palms collide. At the same time the knot in my stomach is getting tighter.  "Thank you for being our fan!" I smile at him and give him a loving look before I'm pushed forward by the fan behind me and head for the exit. 

 

The knot doesn't untie. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, this was a rather short and uninteresting chapter. I'm having exams and hand-ins to concentrate on, but I'm still trying to write every now and then. I apologize for the rather slow moving story, I promise it'll pick up a bit soon. ><