Sickness

Breathe in, Breathe out.

 

 

"Breakfast." I hear my mother say and feel my duvet getting pulled off me. I start shivering and grab for it with my eyes closed. "Nooo... Sleep." I mumble, but mom doesn't agree. "No! School starts in an hour! You are so lazy in the morning, you need time to get ready." She doesn't leave. She always stays to make sure I actually do get out of bed. I silently cuss into my pillow before I force myself up. I regret it almost instantly. I can feel a wave of dizzyness smothering me, and my arms give in as I fall back into the bed. A combination of the staking out and the lack of sleep from my phonecall with Sin Yeon must have led to a cold. "Ughh..." I sigh. "No no! Get up!" Mom says and starts pulling my pajama leg. "Mom... I think I'm sick." I stutter and stay still. "I don't care if you're "sick"! You're going! You've been absent from school too much already." She has a point. I have a bad habit of skipping school whenever I find it convenient. I'm close to graduate, and I really can't afford more absent days. I it up and pull myself together. This is gonna be a long day.

"Anita, you look like hell." Min Ah says as I meet her outside the classroom. All four of us are in the same class. "Good morning to you too." She looks worried. "Are you sick? Shouldn't you go home? Here, let me go talk to the teacher for you. I'll leav-" She suddenly stops talking. "Oh." She sees something behind me. I turn around and see Hyo Rin, who apparently also stopped walking. She just stares at me. I stare back. I can feel myself getting nervous. 

I see her swallowing hard a couple of times before she walks up to me. "I eh.. am gonna go pee." Min Ah says and turns on her heel. I feel too sick to respond to her. I'm using all my strength to focus on Hyo Rin in front of me. She's staring awkwardly at the ground. She's obviously at a loss at what to say. I decide to break the ice. "Listen-" 

"Junhyung gave me his number last night." She cuts me off. "Oh, really? That's amazing! I wonder how that happened!" I try to act surprised, but I can tell from her expression that I don't do it well. She starts smiling. "He's bad at keeping secrets. I know you did this." 
"I didn't really."
"I know. Anita, I'm sorry." She leans in and hugs me tight.
"I shouldn't have acted out the way I did. I want you to understand that I was angry, but I admit that I was wrong as well. You could at least have told me beforehand." I can't answer. I can barely feel my legs, that's how weak I'm getting. Stupid cold. 
"I apologized for my faulty, so it would mean a lot to me if you could apologize for yours." For WHAT exactly? I think to myself, but I'm too weak to do anything. I just nod and mumble "mhm". I don't want to argue anymore. 
She releases me from her hug and looks at me with a smile. "I think we should double date one day." I just raise an eyebrow. "Double date? And who would I date?" I ask. She laughs a playful laughter. "Yoseob of course! Who else? Aren't you two an item?" This time, I really am surprised. "I.. ehh.. no-I-wait-but-" I don't know how to formulate my sentence. I get interrupted by a pat on my shoulder. The pat feels heavy. I glance over my shoulder and see Sin Yeon smiling at me. "Good morning! How are we tod- Oh my god, Anita! You look terrible!" I just stare at her with a hollow stare. I can feel my energy fading away. 
"Now that you mention it, you don't look too well." Hyo Rin says and shows concern on her face. I try my best not to make them worry and put on, what I believe to be, a convincing smile. "I'm fine! Don't worry about it! You guys go to class, I have to go by my locker and get my book." "Do you want me to come with you?" Sin Yeon asks with a worried face. I try to act natural and laugh innocently. "No no! It's okay - really! I'll see you in a bit." They both hesitate before they finally enter the classroom. I head towards my locker on my book-rescuing mission.

Mental note: Kill mother for forcing me to school. This is my only thought as I force myself up the stairs to my locker. Every step feels as if I'm climbing Mount Everest. As I finally climb the stairs, I can see my locker. It's right next to the 2nd floor girl's bathroom. I'm almost there as I feel my body getting heavier. Uh oh. I know what's happening. "Anita!" I can hear someone calling my name as I hit the ground. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello everyone!
I'm really really sorry for it taking so long for me to write this chapter. I've been really busy, but now it's summer vacation! The plan was to get this chapter up by Thursday, but I haven't had any inspiration at all. It's slowly coming back to me though, so I hope you enjoy this still! ^_^

Also, I want to thank you all for giving my fanfiction over 1000 views! (Or 300, since 700 are bound to be me checking if someone commented...) Thank you all~
Also, 28 subscribers is a lot more than what I'd hope for for my fan fiction debut. I love all of you, thank you <3

 

That was a lot of 'thank you's. 

Anyway, I know this chapter doesn't really make any sense, but I had to cut it since I didn't want it to get super long like some of my previous chapters. I'll get the next chapter up either later tonight or tomorrow.

 

Please comment~