Chapter 9: The Happy Days

Memories

 

Things work out the way they were suppose to and both of us are living together in an apartment that we’ve rent near the university.

 

Yuri asked permission from her parents and even though she knows that they are extremely worried, she promised to go back home as often as possible. Of course her parents could visit us too when they are free. One of the reasons that allow Yuri to move out with me is of course her brother. He is studying just an hour away from where we are and he promised Yuri’s parents that he would visit us every week during his free day. Most of the time he just lazes around the coffee shop or our apartment.

 

“Oppa I’ve been curious all these while… You were the only one that seem genuinely happy and rooted for me and Sica back then… when we told our families… Why?” We were having dinner at our apartment when Yuri’s oppa decided to surprise us. He joined us for dinner.

 

“Hmm… Well… I kind of knew it all along I guess?” He answered.

 

“You knew? How?” I questioned.

 

“Haha! Guy’s instinct?”

 

“Hahahaha!! OMG oppa you? Guy’s instinct?” I was laughing at what he answered too when Yuri sarcastically questioned him.

 

“Yah! Is it wrong for your oppa to be happy for you?!”

 

“Hahahaha!! Aniya~ Haha!! But really… how did you knew?” Yuri pries further.

 

“Aish! Just quit it will ya! It’s embarrassing if I tell you I’ve imagined both of you doin-“ He cupped his own mouth.

 

A few seconds of awkward silence for both of us to understand what he meant.

 

“OPPA!” Yuri shouted at him furiously but I can see her face getting red. Not sure it’s of being embarrassed or furious.

 

“Hahahaha!! My stomach!! Hahahaha!! Daebak!!” I laughed and said.

 

“Sica! How can you laugh at it! It involves you!” Yuri said and seemingly feeling absurd of the situation.

 

“but it’s so funny!! Haha!! Oppa how did you imagined it? Who is the dominant one? Keke.” I asked intending to tease Yuri.

 

Knowing her brother too well Yuri’s hands dash towards her brother’s lips hoping to stop him from speaking but of course she didn’t make it in time.

 

“You of course!” He answered immediately without hesitating.

 

“Oppa!!!”

 

“Hahahaha!! Daebak!!”

 

I can understand where Yuri’s dorkiness comes from when I get to know her brother. Whenever they’re both together it’s like 10 year olds playing together. On the other hand, sometimes my little sister would visit us or even sleepover during her school holidays.

 

“*sigh* There is nothing to watch on TV… It’s so boring… … … … Unnie…”

 

“Hmm?” I answered her while we were just slacking around on the couch at night surfing the TV channels.

 

“Not you unnie… I meant Yuri unnie…” my little sister said and I shot her a glare. She is immune to it of course and gave me a merong face.

 

“Wae Krystal?” Yuri replied.

 

“I got a question for you. Can you answer me honestly?”

 

“Sure.” Yuri answered her nonchalantly without taking her eyes off the TV since she found an interesting show on. I frown knowing my little sister but before I could stop her from asking anything she already did.

 

“Is Sica unnie good in bed?”

 

“Ye- What?!” Yuri was a little slow to realize being distracted by the TV. I slap my sister on her lap.

 

“Ouch!! Hahaha!! I see… Gotta tell appa and omma…”

 

“Yah! Krystal Jung! Don’t you dare! Gimme that phone!”

 

Of course she didn’t when I say I’ll tell our parents about her little secret with a certain tomboy too.

 

The other reason is without letting Yuri know, I personally talked to her parents too. I begged for their forgiveness and also for them to allow Yuri to come with me. I promised them that I would take care of Yuri. Her mom cried hugging me telling me that I’m just like their daughter too and I don’t need to beg them for forgiveness but instead they told me that they are thankful to me for making Yuri happy. I told them she makes me happy too.

 

Yuri works in a coffee shop down the streets near the university. It wasn’t doing well initially when they hired Yuri. They even told Yuri that they couldn’t hire her for more than 3 months because they might close down before that. Yuri took the offer anyway and within 2 months the coffee shop business was booming because of Yuri’s charm of course. The owner even wants to promote her to be the manager but she declined the promotion. She said she prefer serving the customers making them smile with a cup of coffee, rather than managing the staff. The owner accepted Yuri’s declination however gave her a big raise that Yuri had to accept.

 

Meanwhile, I studied part-time at the university and worked part-time at the coffee shop too. Well I get to spend time with her, help her and at the same time take care of her while earning some money. It’s a win-win situation.

 

During the off days we would sometimes go on dates but most of the time we would head back home. Even though there are times that Yuri felt lethargic, she never once faint. Things have been going on well for roughly a year and we are happy.

 

“Sicababy~” She hugs me from the back and rested her head on my shoulder while I’m studying for my syllabus on the sofa.

 

“Hmm?” I answered putting down my pen and hooked my hand on the nape of her neck. I looked into her eyes as she did the same to mine. I gave her a peck on her lips and continued “What’s the matter seobang?”

 

“You’re having a semester break this coming week… Right?”

 

“Yeah…” I said as I stood up, guided her by holding her hand to come over to my side of the couch and rested both of my hands on her shoulder.

 

“I’m thinking…” She said as she held onto my waist and continued “Maybe we should go on a vacation?”

 

“Didn’t we promise our parents to head home?” We were rocking side to side as if we were dancing on the spot.

 

“Yeah but just a few days of vacation wouldn’t hurt right?” She said as she rested her forehead on mine.

 

“Hmm… Alright. Where do you want to go seobang?”

 

“Let’s go to Jeju-do for 4 days 3 nights.”

 

“Isn’t it expensive there?”

 

“Well I did save up some money for both of us… I’ve even booked the resort… Plane tickets too… Took our leave from the coffee shop… Told our parents too…”

 

“Seems like someone had it all planned out huh?” I said as I nudge the tip of her nose with mine.

 

“Keke… Yeah.”

 

“What if I said no? Wouldn’t everything go to waste?”

 

“Yes it would… but I know you wouldn’t say no to this…” She said as she puts on a puppy dog eyes sad face that never fails to make me smile. I giggled.

 

“Yeah you’re right… I can’t say no to that… but aren’t you afraid that I’ll get bored of it after a while?” I .

 

“Well… if you got bored of this…” she made that face again and I giggled again. “Hmm… Then I’ll change to this!” She hugs my waist and buries her face on my chest as she shook her head saying “Please please please please please”

 

“Yah! You ert!” I said as I push her away but it’s evident on my face that I was about to burst into laughter.

 

“Waeeeeeee~~~ You don’t want your seobang anymore?” She walked towards me still with her arms apart and head shaking from side to side like a zombie on drugs.

 

“Hahahahaha! Stay away from me you erted zombie!” I couldn’t hold in my laughter anymore as I took a pillow from the sofa and shove it in her face as defence.

 

She is so dorky at times and that’s what I love about her too. She kept coming at me even with the pillow in between and I fell back on the sofa. She looks and realized she pushed me on the sofa. We laughed as she sat beside me, open up her arms and I gladly oblige as I move in resting myself in her arms on her shoulder. I hugged her waist in return.

 

“We’re going to Jeju-do.”

 

“Thanks seobang… I really needed a vacation…”

 

“You’re welcome yeobo.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------

Making ya'll happy... first. xD