Chapter 7: The Date

Memories

 

While I was out at the living room waiting for Yuri, I told her mom where I would bring her and what activities that we’ll be doing. I made sure that it’s nothing that’ll hurt Yuri and of course her mom trusted me. I told her she could call and check up on us any time and we would be back latest by 8pm.

 

“Omo are you sure you won’t feel cold Yuri? Sica? Shouldn’t you wear more clothes? It’s cold outside.”

 

“We’re fine Omma~” Yuri said.

 

“You don’t look like you wear enough for the weather today.”

 

“Omma~ we’re fine~ if we wear any more we’ll look like dumplings!” Yuri tried to joke with her mom but of course her mom didn’t buy it.

 

“Aish this kid. Arasso arasso. At least wear a scarf. Here! One for each of you.”

 

“Aish this Omma. Arasso arasso. We’ll wear the scarf. Keke~”

 

Still playful as ever Yuri grabs my hand and went out listening to her mom nagging all the way. We giggled and waved her mother goodbye. Then we head off to our first destination.

 

We reached the mall and started walking around casually trying out accessories and clothes like how any other girls our age would. That is when I realize how much I’ve taken everything for granted. How she would always be around to give me good constructive comments, how she could always talk me out of buying things that are too expensive, how she would help me take my shopping bags and how I love the feeling of just being with her.

 

We stop shopping and went to a cafe to have lunch. Talk about every little stupid things that we could think of. She would make funny faces or imitate funny voices while I would laugh like a crazy person without a care in the world on how people are looking at us.

 

After lunch, we continued walking and shopping hopping from malls to malls and street to street. We stumble upon a photo booth shop and I nagged her to take one with me like we used to. It was fun and most of all lovely. We look so happy and crazy in all the photos. I kissed her on the cheek in a few photos and she did the same back to me in a few. I could see from the photos that I was blushing and I took it away before she could even take a good look at the photos. It’s so embarrassing!

 

We went for a nice simple Korean meal and after, Yuri suggested that we should go try out the huge Ferris wheel at the bay. Even though I got no idea why she suddenly wants to ride it, I agreed and we went.

 

It was calming and relaxing. We could see so far when it’s our turn at the very peak of the Ferris wheel. I lay my head on Yuri’s shoulder as she shifted to hug me from the side. We didn’t say anything but just enjoy the moment of each other’s company. The sunset was beautiful as the orange sky marks the end of a beautiful day. We went home and Yuri sent me home first.

 

“I had fun today Yuri.” I smiled sincerely towards her.

 

“I had fun too Sica.” She flashes me her dorky smile.

 

“It’s getting cold so go on go home quick. Call me when you’re home.”

 

“Aish… Getting rid of me already?”

 

“Aniya… It’s really getting cold…” I pouted at her misunderstanding even though I know she is just teasing me.

 

“Haha! Aras… … …” I wondered why she stops her sentence. I look up at her and saw that she had already removed her gloves holding her hand out looking up to the sky. I gasped.

 

“It’s snowing!” I too remove my gloves and held my hand out right beside hers, each of us catching a few snowflakes.

 

“Sica…”

 

“Hmm?” I was so happy that I could catch the first snowflakes of winter that I answered her without looking at her.

 

I felt a tug on my scarf and looked at my scarf. My eyes trailed the hands that are undoing my scarf to the owner and before I know it she gently pulled both end of the scarf together with me in between towards her. I took a step forward from the tug and we are only inches apart. I remembered. This scene. I’ve described to her before. Could this be? Am I dreaming?

 

Before I could process everything in my brain I felt a warm soft pair of lips on my own. It was brief. It only lasted like a long blink but it felt like everything went in slow motion. The moment her lips on mine, the moment her warm breathe tickles my cheek and the moment the feeling was gone making me miss it already. The warm feeling radiating from within feeling every cell in my body tremble with joy as my heart skips a beat. It is as if my body was on fire and if it wasn’t for the snow I wouldn’t even have remembered that it’s actually winter.

 

I looked direct into her brown eyes as I saw my own reflection.

 

“Sica… Saranghae…” She said it.

 

My best friend. The person I’m in love with. She loves me too. My train of thoughts automatically thinks that I’m dreaming. I kept begging inside that if I’m dreaming please don’t wake me up. I never want to wake up. I want it to be real so bad that I kept praying sliently that everything is real.

 

“Sica?”

 

“…”

 

“Hello? Anyone in there? Sica?”

 

“…”

 

“*sigh* I’m sorry… I… I didn’t know what I was doing… The moment just seems so right… Just forget about it alright? Oh no… Sica why are you crying? I’m sorry I…”

 

I was lost in words. I was so happy that I couldn’t put it in words. I cupped her face shaking my head hoping that she would stop saying sorry but she kept on. I let go of her cheek and hugged her tight at her waist and hides my face on her shoulder.

 

“Really Sica please don’t cry… I’m sorry…”

 

“Yuri I love you too…” I said but it seems like she couldn’t hear it clearly because I spoke into her clothing muffling my voice.

 

“Sica I’m sorry… Forgive me please…”

 

I shook my head and loosen my hug so that I could look into her eyes.

 

“Sica…” She looks sad and her eyes had tears in it threatening to fall off any moment.

 

“Yuri I love you too…” I said as I gave her a peck on her lips.

 

I guess she was surprised. Her expression said so. She looked into my eyes looking for an answer and I smiled looking back into hers. She hesitantly but gently held the nape of my neck with her bare hands and it sends a cold and tingly sensation down my spine. Closer and closer we were to each other until our lips met.

 

It was a soft and slow kiss as we moved our lips in perfect sync and rhythm. I tried my best pouring all my love into it hoping that she could feel how much I love her. Slowly Yuri stopped the kiss as our forehead connects, catching our breath. I can feel her warm breath on my face as she opens her eyes to stare lovingly right into mine.

 

She smiled.

 

I smiled too.

 

Nothing else matters that moment.

 

I’ve never felt so right with someone ever before.

 

My heart has known this feeling right from the start.

 

I just failed to see it back then.

 

I’ve always been in love with her.

 

Kwon Yuri.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeap as you guys noticed (or not), the confession style is kind of like what Jessica described as her ideal first kiss in one of the episodes in Strong Heart that she was in. Even though it's kind of mixed with Lee Seunggi's idea and kind of spin off that way... Well I'm totally fine with it since it's just for show. Also... Yeah I know I'm not really that creative or romantic in thinking of this confession scene. Hehe~

If you didn't watch it? Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH5UcImEwPY

Back to my story~ You like the confession? Romantic isn't it under the snow. Can you imagine it?