Chapter 10: The Vacation

Memories

 

“Sicababy~~ Come on lets go. The plane won’t wait for us!” she calls out to me from the front door.

 

“Gimme a sec! Just a sec!” I overslept.

 

“You look pretty already~”

 

“Thanks~ Hehe… and you look handsome my seobang~ Now let’s go.”

 

We head off and by the evening we’re at the island already. We checked in to our resort and decided to take a walk at the beach. It was beautiful. With the sun setting at the horizon and the sound of waves constantly hitting the shore. Our hands intertwine as we walk side by side leaving trails of footsteps behind us. None of us spoke as we enjoy each other’s company until Yuri stopped.

 

“Look the sun is hitting the water… Soon it’ll be gone and we won’t have a sun!” She said seriously.

 

“Haha!! Yuri are you for real?” I laugh at her silly comment.

 

“Of course not~ I was just joking~ Keke~ But it’ll evaporate the sea instead. We won’t have a sea soon!” She playfully said but turn serious again after her ‘but’.

 

“Haha!!! Yuri pabo!!!”

 

“Keke… Just kidding~”

 

“Aish…” I hit her arm softly. “It was so romantic earlier. You just had to ruin it.” I pretend to pout.

 

“Really? That was romantic?”

 

“After all these years you still don’t know anything about being romantic… How did I ever fall so hard for you?” I playfully question her.

 

“Tsk… Come here you.” She suddenly pulled me towards where the waves that are hitting the shore. Our feet were constantly being hit by the waves and I was wondering what she would do.

 

“May I?” She did a bow, smiled at me and held out her right hand. I smiled and held her hand.

 

“Certainly.”

 

She held onto my waist as I held onto her shoulder while her right hand and my left hand held onto each other. We played around dancing twisting and twirling as if we were really dancing in a ballroom. After a while of playing around Yuri held onto my waist with both of her hands and I encircle her neck with mine as we rest our forehead on each other’s. We move from side to side according to the rhythm of the waves.

 

“Is this romantic enough for my Sicababy?”

 

“Hmm…” I pretend to think. “Not bad…”

 

“Guess I’ll need to crack my brains more these few days… Keke”

 

“You better get cracking then. Hehe…”

 

I by agreeing with her and we head back to the resort for our dinner and rest.

 

The next day, we woke up late. Well to be exact I woke up late. Yuri knew me well to not wake me up and I was really happy and satisfied with the amount of sleep I’ve gotten that I couldn’t get in the hectic schedule from the university and part-time work. However, Yuri wasn’t in bed. I couldn’t feel her warmth on the bed too so I guessed that I’ve slept for quite a while. I looked at the time and it’s already noon.

 

“Yuri?” I said hoping that she is just nearby and could hear me calling.

 

I receive no response. I woke up, wash myself up and walk out from our room to the living room and saw her out on the balcony’s chair facing the beach focusing her eyes at the book on her hand. I walked over.

 

“Yuri~” I said as I move away her book and sat on her lap sideways. My hands naturally found their way to circling her waist as I rested my head on her shoulder.

 

“Morning Sica.” she put aside her book and hugged me.

 

“It’s not morning anymore…” I said with a hint of pout. Even after so long being together, I’m still surprised by how spoilt I am in front of her. I couldn’t even be this spoilt with my parents but I just unknowingly became like this when I’m with Yuri.

 

“Yeah… but you had a good sleep didn’t you?”

 

“but I want to wake up with you beside me…”

 

“Well I know you love to sleep until you wake up naturally so I didn’t wake you up… You didn’t like it?”

 

“No. I like it. But I would love it if I wake up beside you…”

 

“You know I couldn’t sleep that long…”

 

“I know seobang~ I know~ just wake me up tomorrow okay?”

 

“You sure?” She said surprised by my request.

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Promise you won’t go hellsica on me?”

 

“Yea… … … Yah! Kwon Yuri! Is that what you call me?!”

 

“Hahah! Oh no~ Hellsica is here~” she playfully tease.

 

“You’re so unromantic!” I said as I try to get off her lap.

 

She held onto me tight preventing me from getting off as I struggle.

 

“Sicababy~” she tried to use her ageyo but I ignored her.

 

Until I felt something soft and moist on my cheek, I stopped. She kissed me. She knew my weakness is her and I wouldn’t be able to resist her love. However I intend to keep acting angry when I’m already not from the moment she kisses me. I push her away softly to prevent her from giving me another kiss and I hit her shoulder softly.

 

“I’m not Sicababy! I’m Hellsica!” I exclaimed as I again struggle to stand up but failed.

 

“What’s wrong with Hellsica? I love Hellsica.” I lessen my struggle waiting for her to continue. Of course she got the cue. “I love Sicababy too… and Jessica… Jessie… Sica… Jessica Jung… Jung Soo Yeon… Yeobo… Everything about you I love… Jagiya~”

 

By the end of it, I have stopped struggling and I couldn’t contain my smiles anymore. I still try to pout and act angry but my smile just triumph over my acting.

 

The day went by quickly for me. We spent our day together first with a swim in the sea and a bit of relaxation time under the canopy. Next of course we went to the island’s famous food spots and views. The sunset view caught Yuri’s eye and she decided that we should watch the sunrise tomorrow morning. I was reluctant but she was determined and of course persuasive too. I had no choice. Sometimes my seobang is just too stubborn.

 

The moon came replacing the sun in no time and we’re back to our room. I’ve decided to take a quick bath and head to sleep because the thought of waking up so early tomorrow has already made me sleepy. Coming out of the bath I looked around and Yuri isn’t where she was before. In fact she wasn’t anywhere to be found. Worried, I looked for my phone and was about to call her when she came in from the front door.

 

“Yul?” I called out to her.

 

“Oh you’re done?” She nonchalantly asked.

 

“Yeah… Where did you go?”

 

“Oh… Just… went to the receptionist to… ask about something.” She smiled awkwardly. Being together for so long I knew right at that moment she is lying but I couldn’t figure out why.

 

“Really?” I asked in a doubtful tone.

 

“Hehe… Yeah… Sica~ can you help me grab my book from the balcony?”

 

“Hmm? The book you were reading this morning?” She was trying to change the topic but I caught up to that. I thought I could take the time to think whether I should bust her or not while helping her to grab her book.

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Okay~”

 

I head out to the balcony to grab the book however something caught my eyes. I look to the beach and saw a heart shape on the beach lighted up by what seems to be colorful glow sticks. I read what’s inside the heart and gasp. It writes Yulsic. I turn around and Yuri is right behind me smiling. I was so shocked and happy that I was on the verge of crying tears of happiness. She wipes away a tear that escape my eye as she held my hands and spoke.

 

“Did you like my surprise?”

 

“Yu-Yuri…” I was speechless.

 

She pulled out two necklaces that was inside her shirt and revealed two matching silver rings on it. I gasp again. She took off one of it and hangs it on my neck.

 

“It’s a couple ring. They’re matching ones. I’m sorry it took me so long to buy us one… But late is better than never right? I brought it with necklace too so you can wear it on your neck or on your finger… but you have to wear it all the time alright? Well as long as I’m alive that is. Keke…”

 

“Shh… Don’t ruin it Yuri… Please…” I placed my index finger on her lips. She smiled and held my hand moving it away from her lips but she didn’t let go.

 

“Arasso…”

 

She back hugs me as we look at the beach illuminated with a big heart and Yulsic written in it.

 

“How did you do it?”

 

“Well… I lied just now… I went to the beach and prepared it… I thought you’ll take a longer time bathing you know… You usually take longer than today…” she said with a hint of pout that I find it so cute to resist.

 

“Wae? What are you going to do if I took a longer bath?”

 

“I was planning to act like I never went out before… then of course I would ask you to help me grab my book anyhow…”

 

“It’s okay seobang… It still worked out… It’s lovely… I love it…”

 

“Really? I was afraid that it’s not romantic enough for my Sicababy~”

 

“Pabo~ I was just teasing you… I don’t need you to be romantic. I love you just the way you are my seobang Kwon Yuri.”

 

“I love you just the way you are too my yeobo Jessica Jung.”

 

---------------------------------------------------

You guys are awesome people~

Love ya'll comments! Keep them coming~ as usually I'll reply you guys even though not all of you reply me back xD I just feel that it's courtesy or something that I should do since you guys put the effort to read and comment.

Don't worry I'll make the story worthwhile! (I hope >.<)