Smile

My Boyfriend's Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You did your usual routine as you got ready to go to the university. You grabbed your bag full of sheets and went towards the door. But as you opened it, you were welcomed by this tall young man on your porch.

“Good morning,” Kyuhyun smiled widely at you. He took your bag from you and put it inside his car. You stood frozen on your front door. Kyuhyun turned to you and smiled sweetly. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Wh-What are you doing here?” you asked him.

“Fetching you,” he chuckled.

“WHY?” you asked in disbelief.

“Because… I’m doing my job,” Kyuhyun answered gladly.

“Did Donghae ask you to fetch me?”

“No…” he answered honestly. “But he did ask me to take care of you. And this is me taking care of you, so hop on.” Kyuhyun opened the door to the passenger’s seat.

You shook your head and locked the front door. You walked towards his luxurious car, with him holding the door out for you. He smiled at you before closing the door once you were inside. He quickly took his place beside you on the driver’s seat and started the engine. You stared at him from your seat as he mindlessly sang while driving the car. He was smiling and happy. He glanced at you and lifted an eyebrow as he saw you staring at him.

“What?” he chuckled.

“How long have you been waiting outside my house?” you asked.

“Hmmm… not long… Just a couple of minutes,” he answered mindlessly.

“And you didn’t bother ring the doorbell?”

“Nope. I don’t want to disturb you. And besides, I knew that you’re gonna have to get out sooner or later,” he laughed.

You rolled your eyes as you stared at the road. Not long enough, you arrive at the university. You get out of the car, thanking Kyuhyun on the way.

“I’ll bring you to the café. See you later,” he said while smiling at you. You shut the door close and ran inside, trying hard not to think of him.

 

You dismissed your class early. You gathered your things and waited by the parking lot. You can’t help but move around as you waited impatiently for him. Deep inside, you were excited to see him again. You tried to think of his smile and how you liked it. You tried to remember his voice as he sang to you last night. You tried to remember him welcoming you this morning. Little by little, you knew you were falling in love.

You shook your head. ‘No. No. No. This can’t be happening,’ you said to yourself. ‘Donghae. I love Donghae,’ you thought, correcting yourself. You tried remembering your boyfriend’s face, and how he would kiss you whenever you’re sad. You tried remembering how he brushes your cheek. You tried remembering his warm embrace. But then you remembered how much you missed him, and how little time you spend together. With that running on your head, you sit still, trying to remember the very little moments you and Donghae had together.

“Hey, why the long face? What’s wrong?” a familiar voiced asked, and at the same time, a hand brushed your hair.

You looked up to find Kyuhyun bent over, with his face just inches apart from yours. His face was worried; his eyes were searching for yours.

“Nothing,” you answered.

“Tell me,” he said.

You sighed. “I was just thinking of Donghae…” you replied.

“Oh…” he said. He looked away from you and breathed in. “Do you want to go somewhere?” he asked.

“No,” you said. “I don’t want to be late for work.”

Kyuhyun nodded slightly and led you to his car. He opened the door and let you in. He ran to his side and quickly got in. He drove in silence.

When you arrived at the café, you silently got out of his car, thanked him and walked away. You changed your clothes and worked. You saw him drive away.

Your mind drifted away as you count the minutes ‘til you get off your shift. At exactly 10 pm, you saw Kyuhyun’s car park right in front of the café. You quickly removed your uniform and got your things. “There’s my ride. Bye now!” you said.

You walked to the car and went inside. Kyuhyun sat inside, bobbing his head with the music. You shut the door and slumped to the seat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter