Adventures

My Boyfriend's Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

You woke up by the sound of a knock on your door. You got up and opened it. Kyuhyun was standing outside with a big bright smile on his face. What a good way to welcome my morning.

 

“Hey sleepy head! Glad you’re awake,” he said.

 

“You kinda woke me up. What time is it?” you asked.

 

“Six a.m. Go, get a shower and pack some things: swimsuit, towels, sunscreen. We’ll leave at seven,” he instructed.

 

“Where are we going?” 

 

“On an adventure,” he replied with a big smile. “You look so cute by the way.” He then went back to his room.

 

It took you a legit minute to comprehend what he just said. Your cheeks burned as you closed the door. You breathed slowly, calming your frantic heart down. You did as he instructed - took a bath and packed your things, excited for the adventure that awaits the both of you.

 

You first ate breakfast - the typical Filipino breakfast: some fried garlic rice, scrambled eggs and a sausage they call ‘longganisa’. It was delicious, of course, and quite heavy but Kyuhyun said it was just right to fuel you both up for the whole day. 

 

You then went to the city only to find out that you’re going scuba diving. The teachers were quite friendly. You fitted your scuba suits and masks, and then you were off to the shore. You rode on a motorboat while they loaded the things you needed, oxygen tanks and first aids. 

 

The teachers, all three of them, were all very hands-on and great. Kyuhyun, of course, was a natural fast learner so he was able to keep up quick. He helped you as well and kept his place beside you at all times.

 

The coral reef in Palawan was beautiful. If you already thought the beaches were pretty, then this was much much much more prettier. You loved the well kept ecosystem there. Various corals and anemones and fish in their natural habitat. You even saw a sea turtle - Pawikan, as they call it - from afar. It was quite nerve wrecking at first, but once you got to see all these amazing things below, everything just went away. Well, Kyuhyun beside you, holding your hand, did help a lot too.

 

It took you around three hours for scuba diving so by the time you went back, you were both dead hungry. Kyuhyun then took you someplace else, and yet again rode a boat.

 

“Island hoping,” he explained with a big smile. The driver was quite friendly as well, so as many other people in this island.

 

You went to Cowrie Island. There lay the fine white sand in this island. You ate your lunch there - indulging in this place’s very tasty seafood. You rest for a while, just to let the food go down, before enthusiastic Kyuhyun dragged you to ride the banana boat with him.

 

Well, you would admit it was loads of fun. Especially with your arms wrapped tight around him. But still you fell. And so did he, or more likely you dragged him down. But he was laughing once he resurfaced. And it was so cute. and adorable. and your heart just jumped out of its place.

 

Kyuhyun swam to you and pulled you to the shore. He was chuckling carelessly like a child as he gathered your things and went back to the boat. He put his arm around you and sang loudly as the driver revved away and went to the next island.

 

There were a couple more you went to, starfish island, and some others where you swam in the extremely clear waters. It was so much fun, really. But clearly, Kyuhyun’s fair skin and bare upper body was all you could think about.

 

It was wrong, you knew. It wasn’t right to look at him like that… You didn’t know what’s happening to you now.

 

You return back to the shore and sat with your knees up and your head on top of it, and watched him. He was so cheerful and playful. You lips slowly turned up into a smile, a smile of admiration. 

 

Kyuhyun saw you so he went back to the shore. “Tired?” he asked.

 

“Yeah, a little,” you said. He grabbed something from your bags and went back. He placed a towel over you, and then sat down beside you. “Thanks,” you told him.

 

He leaned a little closer. “You look really y in your swim suit,” he whispered.

 

Your cheeks burned in embarrassment and unconsciously wrapped the towel around you. “Uhm.. thanks,” you muttered.

 

“Look at you, all blushed!” he chuckled and put his arm around you. “Ready to go back?”

 

You unconsciously put your head on his shoulder and smiled. “Yep. What time is it anyways?”

 

“It must be around five by now,” he answered, putting his head on top of yours. He breathed deeply. “There’s something I want to tell you...but not until we get back. It’s kind of...important… to me.”

 

“Back to the resort?”

 

“No, back home,” he replied. “Can you wait that long?”

 

“I guess,” you said. "If it's important then why cant you tell me now?"

 

"We might get..awkward... Depending on how you would react," he whispered.

 

"Oh, I see," you said, wondering what it was. "Alright then. When we get back."

 

He lifted his head up and smiled wide at you. “Shall we? We have dinner reservations somewhere. I could carry you again if you want.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter