The Dinner

My Boyfriend's Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You fidgeted in front of the mirror, straightening out the beautiful lavender dress Kyuhyun had especially made for you. He hasn’t seen it though. He just dragged you to his personal tailor during that day in the park and told her to make a dress for you for this charity event you’re supposed to go to. Now you regret even asking him to come. You took one deep breath.

 

“It’s for charity, Kyesin,” you told yourself. You took one last look on the mirror.

 

You went out of the bedroom. Kyuhyun, who was sitting in your living room, looked up. He stood up and for the first time in months, someone has taken your breath away.

 

Kyuhyun looked so gorgeous. He normally wears tuxedos to work but the one he is wearing now is different. He looked extraordinarily dashing. You liked how the black and white suit fitted him well, and the matching bowtie. He is breathtaking - him and his fluffy hair, cute little puppy eyes, sharp nose and thin red lips.

 

You felt your cheeks burning. What was this? Why was my heart jumping?

 

Kyuhyun came forward to me and brushed my hair, tucking a lock of it behind my ear.

 

“You look so beautiful,” he whispered in his melodious voice. “The tailor did right.”

 

“Thanks,” you replied with a blush. “Isn’t it too much? I mean I don’t want you spending more on me than what you would actually donate.”

 

He laughed, a low hearty chuckle. “Don’t worry. I will give a lot. So… shall we?”

 

Kyuhyun took your hand in his and presented you with a soft angelic smile. Your heart was leaping again.

 

 

 

The dinner looked very expensive, and so did the other guests. You felt thankful to Kyuhyun for having you made this dress because none of the dresses you already own would be suitable for such an occasion.

 

“Come. Hold on to me,” he said confidently. You did as he instructed, and hooked your arm on his.

 

You passed through the hall where certain pieces were to be auctioned later this evening. There were a wide variety of things in there. From beautiful necklaces and rings and other jewels to paintings and other rare and historical items. One thing caught your eye however. It was a 1776 Oppenheim violin made in Bulgaria. It looked so beautiful and you could tell that it would sound amazing as well. But of course these things cost a fortune, and you as a music teacher and part time coffee shop server, have no way of earning money to buy that violin.

 

“Oppa, you came,” Kim Minah came and welcomed us in the dining hall. “And Kyesin, you look absolutely stunning.”

 

“Thank you,” you said.

 

“I’m glad that you both came,” she said. Then, she spoke in English. “Thank you, really oppa. This would be a lot of help.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and replied. “Don’t thank me. Thank her. She’s the one who forced me to go.”

 

It seems as if the two are very well comfortable speaking in English. Perhaps they studied in an international school. You thank your British music teacher that he spoke only English so you developed the language well since you were five.

 

“Oh, is that so?” Minah said, now in Korean. “Well, in any case, thank you both for coming. Please do sit. The program will be staIf rting soon.”

 

And so you went on to your table, ate delicious expensive food that were served in such small portions. But you wondered how do rich people get full with these food? You shrugged off the thought when you saw Kyuhyun wrote a check and put it in an envelope. It was probably his donation.

 

“Is there anything you liked in the auction?” he asked.

 

“Mhm.. no, not really,” you shook your head. “I’m not really a materialistic person.” well, except for that violin.

 

“Mhm, I see…” he nodded and took out his phone.

 

“Oppa…” you whispered.

 

Kyuhyun snapped his head up and looked at you. “I asked you not to call me that if it feels unnatural to you,” he said with a chuckle.

 

You pouted. “I’m just trying to figure out how it feels to say it…. I mean why can Minah say it so freely?”

 

Kyuhyun pursed his lips. “Do you really want to know why?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because she still likes me,” he said with a sly grin on his face.

 

You rolled your eyes. “I thought you didn’t like her anymore.”

 

“I don’t. But she still likes me,” he chuckled. “In any case, please don’t call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter