Secrets

My Boyfriend's Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’ll be sunny where we’re going,” you mimicked Kyuhyun and whispered to yourself while looking through the rack of clothes. “Why can’t he just tell me where we’re going?”

 

“Kyesin?” a voice came from behind.

 

You spun around to the where the voice was. Kim Minah was standing behind you with a big smile on her face. She was holding a couple of paper bags just like you. 

 

“Minah-ssi, hello,” you greeted politely.

 

“Hey. Doing some shopping?” she asked.

 

“UH… yeah… Going on a trip,” you replied.

 

“Really? Where are you going?” 

 

“uhm.. I actually don’t know…”

 

She raised an eyebrow. “Oh? How so?”

 

You hesitated. She is after all, Kyuhyun’s ex girlfriend. “Uhm… Kyuhyun won’t tell me.”

 

You walked side by side out of the store. “Oh really?” she said, still smiling. “Would you like to have a coffee together?”

 

“Uhm, yeah sure.”

 

You walked quietly beside her. Why do I feel awkward?  You found a coffee shop and sat opposite to each other. You took a sip from your cup.

 

“So…” she started. “He’s taking you on a trip?”

 

“Yes, he is,” you said. “It’s...uhm… quite a normal thing - for him to not tell me where we’re going.”

 

“So you’ve been on other trips with him?” she asked. She seemed to be okay with it, with her smiling all the time.

 

“Uhm, yes, quite a few,” you replied.

 

“Seems like you and Kyuhyun are going together really well,” she said as she sipped on her coffee.

 

“Oh… It’s not what you think. We’re not...’us’. I mean.. we’re not dating,” you said.

 

“Oh? Really? Well, I’m sorry for assuming so,” she said with a big smile. “It’s just… you two seem close.”

 

“Well, he’s a really really good friend. To be honest, I never thought we would be this close as we are now,” you said.

 

“Is that so? I’m curious… How did you two meet?” she asked, leaning in.

 

“Well uhm…” It was hard; the first time you really met Kyuhyun wasn’t exactly an ideal set up. “We met through a mutual friend…”

 

“OH well that’s great to hear. And you two are doing well together?”

 

“Yes. He’s been nothing but good to me, really. He…” you sighed happily before continuing. “He is the nicest and most thoughtful person I have ever met.”

 

Minah pushed her brows together. “Really? Has he always been like that?”

 

“Yes,” you replied.

 

She breathed deeply and spoke again. “I don’t want to… uhm… put things in your head but Kyuhyun is not who you think he is. I’ve known him for quite some time, and I have the feeling that he told you the past involving us.” She looked down on her coffee. “Kyuhyun’s not the type of guy to be all caring and sweet. He may be at first, but he’s not that kind of person. Believe me.”

 

You were shocked. What was she saying? “Uhm… I don’t think--”

 

“Has he told you the story why we broke up?” she asked. She was serious now. 

 

“No… He asked me if I would like to know but I said it’s not really my place to ask and listen.”

 

She nodded. “We dated for three years. Do you know he’s a a son of a chaebol?” 

 

“No… I just thought he was wealthy due to work.” 

 

“Well, it is quite true. He’s doing well now. And I am a daughter of one too. Our parents are business partners so we knew each other since high school. We started going out when he was in his senior year in college, I was a sophomore then. He was how you would describe him now back then, sweet, gentle, caring. But after he graduated and started working he became too absorbed and busy. He’s a workaholic, Kyesin. Works always came first to Kyuhyun. So when he got the job position here, he didn’t hesitate to accept it, even if it means relocation. He was fine with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter