Wedding Date

My Boyfriend's Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been weeks since you felt like yourself again. It was very nice.

 

To your left was a fair young man singing loudly as drove. He was extraordinarily happy today. You look at him with awe. Cho Kyuhyun is such a beautiful creature.

 

“Tell me how long this drive is again,” you said.

 

“Around three hours,” he answered with a smile.

 

“And what time is the wedding?”

 

“Five in the evening.”

 

“And the party is until around ten?”

 

“Uhuh,” he smiled. “So that’s why we need to check in at the hotel in the venue.”

 

“Okay,” you nodded, smiling to yourself.

 

Another trip away with Kyuhyun. You were excited, you can’t even deny it. He invited you to an associate’s wedding, saying he didn’t want to be lonely and wanted a date, and you immediately agreed to come with him. It was the perfect timing – Donghae was out for a business trip for a week. You didn’t even bother telling him about your adventure. Was it because you felt guilty with him worrying about you two or was it because you just wanted to spend the time alone with Kyuhyun? No matter how many times you tell yourself it’s not a hundred percent right to go, you still wanted to. And you did.

 

You arrived at the venue by around three in the afternoon. You smiled as you looked at the pretty beach, remembering the adventures you had in Palawan. It’s not as beautiful, though, but still it was enough to bring back happy memories.

 

“Kye?” Kyuhyun called behind you.

 

“Yep? Have you checked us in?” you asked.

 

“I… err… there’s some kind of a mix up,” he said. “I reserved two rooms with queen beds and I think they mistook it for one room with two queen beds…”

 

“Oh, were you able to correct them?”

 

Kyuhyun grimaced. “I’m sorry… They said the hotel is fully booked already and we can’t change rooms. Don’t worry, I’ll just look for another hotel nearby –“

 

“Kyu,” you smiled, holding his hand. “It’s fine. Let’s take it.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

You nodded. “Please, you’ve already slept with me on my bed. I don’t think sleeping in the same room would be a problem at all.”

 

He nodded. “Alright, thank you. I’ll go inform the receptionist. I think we could get some things free off the mini bar for the mix up.”

 

“I’ll come with you!” you said, following behind him. Kyuhyun smiled at you and took your hand.

 

He was unbelievably charming. You haven’t seen this side of him – the negotiator side of Cho Kyuhyun. Is this how he works? You’re pretty sure would find it almost impossible to say no to him, especially with that smile of his. The girl at the counter was blushing red by the time he was done getting as much as he can from the mix-up.

 

 “Did you really have to do that?” you chuckled softly when you were alone with Kyuhyun in the room.

 

“Do what?” he raised his brows.

 

“Almost kill her,” you laughed. “She’s about to faint from all the smiles you’ve been giving her.”

 

“Really? Hmm…” he smiled to himself.

 

“You ert!” you laughed, throwing a pillow at him.

 

“I wasn’t thinking of anything!!!” he laughed, throwing the pillow back. “Now you go and make yourself prettier, okay? We need to be there in an hour.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, I know.” You nodded and headed for the bathroom. You washed yourself up quick and wrapped yourself in a robe. You then stepped out.

 

“Mister Cho, it’s your turn,” you said.

 

Kyuhyun was sitting on the lazy boy, watching an old American movie on the flat screen TV. He looked at you as you got out and dropped the remote. “OH!” he jumped up from the chair. “I…uhm… yeah… uhm… I should… I should take a shower…” he stuttered and ran to the bathroom.

 

You laughed. “The shower is a bit slippery. Please do be careful,” you said loud enough for him to hear. You walked over to the dresser and started blow drying your hair.

 

You heard the bathroom door open. “I forgot the suit...” Kyuhyun tiptoed back and got it. He hung it in the closet at the bathroom.

 

“Adorable,” you muttered to yourself, chuckling.

 

 

 

“uhm… How do I look?” You heard Kyuhyun’s voice from behind.

 

You spun around. He looked extremely dashing. He was handsome. Very handsome. And expensive. It fits him so well that he looked utterly y in it.

 

“Good… I mean great!” you said. “Wow… Are you sure you’re not the one getting married today?”

 

“Ha. Ha. Funny.” He rolled his eyes. “I’m so far from getting married.”

 

“Come on. I know you’ll find the right girl,” you said, standing up from the chair and walking towards him. “You’re a really good guy.”

 

“I found her already. But she hasn’t found me,” he chuckled bitterly.

 

“Still her?” you asked as you fixed his tie.

 

“Of course, it’s still her,” he smiled. “I’ve never been so hooked.”

 

You nodded. “Lucky her.” You smiled blissfully. You took your dress and headed for the bathroom. You closed the door behind you and sighed. “Lucky her…” You put on the dress but then remembered why you seldom wore it. You bit your lip and took a deep breath before stepping out the bathroom.

 

“Kyu?” you whispered.

 

“Yeah?” he answered with a smile. “Oh… that dress is nice.”

 

“Er… Can you please help me zip it up?” you felt your cheeks burning.

 

“Yeah… I… uhm…” He shyly stood behind you and pulled the zipper up your back.

 

“Uhm… thanks.”

 

Kyuhyun cleared his throat. “Welcome…”

 

You ran to your bag and took your shoes out, still embarrassed. Shiny silver stilettos of four inches high. “Let me just put these on…”

 

“You look y,” Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

“I…uh… I honestly don’t know how to respond to that,” you laughed.

 

“Try saying, ‘wow, Kyuhyun. Thanks. You look really y too.’,” he said and sat on his bed.

 

“Wow, Kyuhyun. You look really y too,” you said in a monotonous voice, teasing him.

 

“Yah!” Kyuhyun threw a pillow at you.

 

You laughed and stood up. You walked over to him. “Your tie is crooked,” you said, fixing it.

 

“Oh thanks,” he said. He took your hand after and smiled. “Will you be my date tonight, Park Kyesin?”

 

Your heart leaped out of your chest. “D…D…Date?”

 

“Yes,” he answered confidently with a big smile.

 

“uhm… okay,” you answered, can’t help but smiling.

 

Kyuhyun stood up. “Shall we?” He grinned wide and pulled you out the room.

 

 

 

The wedding was very romantic – sunset by the beach. The best part was when they were saying their vows. Funny, yet truly sweet and full of love. You didn’t know any of them, yet you shed a tear of two hearing their vows. It somehow makes you think about your wedding as well, but the biggest question is who would be beside you when that day comes.

 

You look at Kyuhyun and his eyes were distant despite the smile on his lips. Was he thinking about marriage too? Who he’d end up with? He’s probably thinking about the girl he likes…even though he knows that she’s taken by somebody else. Kyuhyun glanced at you and you smiled softly to him. In an instant, his eyes glimmered and were filled with light. The smile on his lips spread wide across his face. He reached over and knotted his fingers with yours.

 

Of course, the reception was what you two were most excited about. As Kyuhyun have said, he wasn’t that close to the couple but still he had to attend for business purposes.  Kyuhyun held you in place by his side with his arm wrapped around your waist. It was oddly comforting for you. You knew none of these people but him, and places filled with strangers somehow disturb you.

 

“Ah, Mr. Cho Kyuhyun,” a man in his late thirties, scruffy yet handsome even in his age, greeted Kyuhyun as you entered the reception hall. “It’s been a while since we last talked.”

 

“Ne, Mr. Kim Shinhyuk,” Kyuhyun greeted with his charming business smile. “How is your project going?”

 

“Great, great,” he chuckled. “But this isn’t the time to talk about work. I see I haven’t met your girlfriend, yet. Would you mind introducing her to me?”

 

“I’m not—“ you tried to correct him.

 

“Ah yes. Mr. Kim Shinhyuk, this is Park Kyesin, my date for tonight,” he said.

 

“It’s so nice to meet you, dear,” he said, shaking your hand.

 

“The pleasure is mine,” you greeted back.

 

“Ah… you finally found someone. A very beautiful one, in fact,” he smiled wide at Kyuhyun. “Good for you.”

 

Kyuhyun shyly chuckled. “Thank you, sir.”

 

“Well, I better get going. I’ll catch up with you soon,” he said.

 

“Why didn’t you correct him?” you whispered as soon as you were far enough.

 

“He wouldn’t stop asking other questions if I did,” Kyuhyun whispered back.

 

“Oh, okay.”

 

“I’m sorry I did that without your permission,” he said.

 

“No, it’s fine,” you chuckled. “If you need to do it again, you now have my permission.”

 

“Say… shall we pretend to be dating…just for tonight? I mean, if only that’s okay with you,” he whispered.

 

“I think it’ll be fun,” you chuckled. “But please. Don’t say a word about this to Donghae. He’ll freak out.”

 

“What do you mean?” he asked, pulling out your chair for you.

 

You sat down and sighed. “It’s…complicated.”

 

Kyuhyun sat down beside you. “Tell me.”

 

“Well… at the amusement park…when we were at the Ferris Wheel… he… He asked if we had something… like some kind of relationship,” you whispered.

 

Kyuhyun froze. “What did you say?”

 

“I told him we’re just friends. He’s really sorry for thinking the other way, though.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed and closed his eyes for a few seconds. “Alright. I won’t tell him.” He smiled.

 

“Kyuhyun!” you heard a man say. You looked at him. Tall, model-like figure with a little stubble yet a very contagious smile. He was familiar. It seems like you’ve met him b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter