Start Again

My Boyfriend's Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You walked from the school where you teach to the café. It wasn’t that long of a walk. Once you arrived, you changed your clothes, wore your apron and stood at the counter.

“Good afternoon!” Welcome to Hot Beans Café. May I take your order?” you said as you look up.

There, before you, stood a tall young man wearing a suit with pale white skin, brown hair and brown eyes. He held a smile you’ve never seen before.

“I’ll have a coffee, please – black,” Kyuhyun said. You stared at him in disbelief as he smiled wider at you.

“What are you doing here? I thought you’re picking me up later?” you asked.

“I am,” he chuckled. You shook your head as you prepared his coffee.

“But what are you doing here?”

“What? Can’t I drink coffee now?” he said as he took his coffee from your hand. Both of you flinched as his hand slightly brushed yours. “Besides, I want to talk to you.”

“A-about what?” you asked.

“I wanted… to uhm…” he took a deep breath, and then continued. “I wanted to ask if we could start over.”

“What?”

“Like we never met. We’ll start over.”

“Why?”

“Because if we’re going to see each other every single day for the next few days, that would feel awkward right? So we might as well start anew.”

The idea was ridiculous but he was right. You nodded in agreement. “Okay, what do we do now?”

“First, I want to formally ask for your forgiveness. I’m sorry for what I have done to you. I really am. I want to start over, if that’s okay with you.”

You sighed, but smiled a little. “Okay. I forgive you. Let’s start anew.”

Kyuhyun smiled widely at you. “Hi. My name is Cho Kyuhyun. I’m 23 years old. I enjoy singing and playing the piano.” He held out his hand.

“Uhm… My name is Park Kyesin. I like playing the piano, too, and the violin. Wait… you sing?!” you asked in disbelief.

Kyuhyun blushed and grinned shyly. “Yes, I do.”

You clapped your hands. “Sing for me!” you chimed.

“eeh. Not here,” Kyuhyun blushed.

“Please!”

“Later, in the car,” he sighed.

“Great!” you smiled at him genuinely for the first time.

“But, I have one condition.”

“What is that now?” you giggled.

“I will sing for you, if you sing with me,” he smiled.

“No. I don’t sing,” you fumed.

“Oh really? You teach Music at Seoul University of the Arts, and you’re telling me you don’t sing?”

“You stalker! How did you know I teach there?”

“Donghae told me, remember?” he chuckled.

“Oh right. But anyway, I’m not that good. And besides, I only temporarily work there.”

“Well then I’m not singing for you,” he smirked. “See you later. And thanks for the coffee!” he announced before heading for the door and driving in his sleek black sedan.

“Did you break up Donghae?” a high pitched voiced asked you from behind. It was Jessica.

“What? No!” you answered angrily.

“Who was that?”

“Oh he’s just a friend of mine,” you said.

“I think he likes you.”

“What? No. That’s impossible,” you shook your head as you think how ridiculous that was and walked off.

 

 

“I thought you promised to sing for me,” you complained while seating on the passenger’s seat of Kyuhyun’s car.

“I said, I will sing for you if you sing with me. So, will you sing with me?” he asked you, glancing a little with an evil smile.

You rolled yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter