Pretention

My Boyfriend's Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You slowly opened your eyes. It was nice and warm. The clean white linen welcomed you. And so did the pale white hand holding on to yours. And the rhythmic snoring by your ear. And the arm wrapped around your waist.

You looked back. Angel Kyuhyun was fast asleep. His lips were up in a little smile. And his hair was all messy. He looked absolutely adorable.

You know you love him. It was hard pretending that you weren’t. But it was also hard to know that Donghae, somehow, already knows of these feelings. You didn’t want to ruin their friendship. You wouldn’t want him to end yours either.

“I think it’s best if we just stay friends, isn’t it?” you whispered.

With your free hand you ruffle his soft hair. This may be as well the last time you could ever do this to him… to be this close to him… You have no intention of saying goodbye, but it’s better if you keep your distance. Because you know that every single second you spend with him makes you fall deeper and deeper in love.

“I love you, Kyuhyun,” you whispered, finally having the courage to speak of it out loud. “I love you.”

With your fingertips, you gently wake him up. It was endearing to see his round eyes slowly open, still quite dazed. Kyuhyun smiled sheepishly.

“It’s truly a good morning if the first thing you see is something beautiful,” he muttered.

“Good morning to you, too, Kyuhyun,” you chuckled. “I have a question.”

“Hmm?”

“Why are you in my bed?” you asked.

“Oh… it’s too cold in mine. The aircon is pointed directly there. Besides, your bed is comfier,” he said.

“It’s the same!” you laughed.

“Maybe… but it is warmer here,” he smiled.

“You should’ve asked for more blankets.”

“And wake up the whole staff in the middle of the night? No thanks. I have a personal heater here,” he grinned widely at you.

“Whatever,” you chuckled, rolling your eyes. You sat up and checked your phone. It was already nine in the morning… Weird… Donghae hasn’t texted you. He usually does. Maybe he’s just busy and tired that he forgot.

“What time is?” Kyuhyun asked. “I’m starving.”

You laughed. “Of course you’d be. It’s pretty late already.”

“It’s past 9?!” he said, looking at his phone. “The complimentary breakfast buffet ends at 10! Come on, we have to hurry!”

Kyuhyun stood up, quickly washed his face and brushed his teeth. You laughed at him. He is such a kid. You followed as well after.

 

“Kyesin,” Kyuhyun spoke when he was done eating.

“Yep?” you look up.

“May I ask another favour from you?” he said.

“Yeah, sure,” you smiled. “What is it?”

“This uh… this may sound too much… I’m not forcing you to agree or anything but… can you…pretend to be my girlfriend again? Just for a couple of hours more today,” he whispered.

“Oh… Is there anyone you’re avoiding…?”

“No,” he shook his head and chuckled to himself. “I just wanted to know how it feels like to have one again…and to date… ” He said. “I feel so stupid for asking you to do this.” He shook his head shyly.

“Oh…” You blushed. Kyuhyun’s girlfriend for a day… Sounds tempting. Even though you already decided this morning that there’s nothing more that you can do but to just stay friends.

“You know what? Forget I said anything…”

“Okay,” you smiled. “I’ll do it.” Just one day where you don’t have to hide your feelings. Just one.

Kyuhyun’s eyes grew big. “You will?”

You nodded. “Yes.”

He smiled. “Thank you. I promise. Just for today. Until… say…”

“How about for twelve hours?” you asked. “Let’s pretend for twelve hours.”

“So from this second til ten in the evening, you, Park Kyesin, are my girlfriend,” he grinned.

“You look pretty excited,” you laughed.

“Of course,” he smiled. “I am very. I promise. It’ll be a nice date.”

“Let me ask you… Are you that kind of boyfriend who spoils his girlfriend?” you said.

“mhm… yeah,” he nodded.

“So if I asked you to buy me the pair of Louboutin shoes I saw the other day, would you?”

“Sure,” he said confidently. “What else do you want?”

“I like the Haru & One Day necklace I saw in Myeongdong, and oh… some WhyStyle sunglasses…”

“Okay, what else?” Kyuhyun put his head on top his hand and smiled genuinely.

“OH!!! You know what I really want? The white hobo Hermes bag!!!”

“Alright. Let’s stop by Myeongdong later, okay?” he smiled.

“Are you serious?!”

“Yeah,” he nodded.

“I was just kidding, Kyuhyun!” you laughed. “You don’t need to buy me anything.”

“I wasn’t. I’d like to buy you something.”

“No! You don’t need to. If you do, I’d give it back.”

He nodded. “Alright then. Shall we?” Kyuhyun stood up and took your hand. “Let’s go, yeobo!”

You laughed. “That’s a little…”

“Too much?” he asked. You nodded. “Hmmm… is ‘jagiya’ okay?”

“I think that’s fine,” you said. “You know, Donghae never called me with those kinds of names. It’s nice to get called with it even just once.”

“Really? Then Donghae’s not doing a good job of spoiling you,” he said.

“He has his ways,” you smiled.

You opened the door to your room and went inside. Kyuhyun suddenly hugged you from behind.

“Thank you for agreeing to this,” he whispered. “And do you know how warm you are? I really like hugging you.”

“I feel like one of those teddy bears from your pyjama,” you laughed.

“Hey. My mom bought me that pyjama,” he said.

“Oh my gosh! You’re a total momma’s boy, aren’t you?!” you said. “So that’s why!”

“Why what?” he asked, sitting on his bed and pulling you to sit beside him.

“You’re sweet,” you replied without any hesitation. “Really really sweet and thoughtful.”

“You think I’m sweet?” he said with a big grin.

“Definitely,” you nodded. “Now, would you excuse me… I am going to take a shower now.” You stood up, Kyuhyun’s hand still entwined with yours.

He looked up at you and smiled. He pulled you again towards him, wrapped his arms around your waist and rest his head on your body. Without a word, you knew how much he must really love this girl he’s been talking about.

 

“Kye~ I mean…jagiya! Look what I got! Ramyun!!!” Kyuhyun said happily.

You laughed. “Oh, Kyu. Where do we get hot water for that?” you asked.

Kyuhyun had this plan of going to an impromptu picnic as part of your date and so here you are in a supermarket buying the things you will need. It was insane. Usually it would take at least a day to plan a picnic but this… this was exciting.

“OH… right,” he nodded. “So we can’t have ramyun?”

“Nope,” you answered.

“Well how about sandwiches? Oh! You like peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches, right?” he said. He was so excited.

“Mhm… We can make some,” you said. “We’re gonna need bananas too.”

“Bananas?” he asked.

“Yep. They go well together,” you said. “I’ll make one especially for you, Kyu.”

“Yah! Call me ‘jagiya’,” he complained.

“Arasso, arasso.”

“Hmmm… do you like grapes?” he asked.

“Yeah, sure,” you nodded.

“Great! I saw a bunch that looked really good over there in the fruits section!” Kyuhyun said, pulling you.

“Wait, Kyu!!!” you laughed. “Let’s finish buying all the other stuff first. Bread and fruits come last.”

“Oh? Why?” he asked.

“Haven’t you ever bought your groceries before?” you asked.

He shook his head. “Before, I lived in my parents’ house so food was always just given to me. And then when I transferred here, I met you and we’ve been living off with all the restaurants in the city.”

“And here I am thinking you can’t get any cuter,” you chuckled.

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes. “Is this Kyesin speaking or is it my jagiya?”

Your cheeks flushed red. “Er… jagiya!!!”

“Well, do you know when you look really cute, jagi?” he grinned wide.

You shook your head. “When?”

“Right now,” he said. “When you blush.”

“I… uh… er…”

“See! You’re blushing again!” he chuckled. Kyuhyun pinched your cheeks. “So adorable.”

“Ei~” you said. You can feel your heart beating fast. He hasn’t done this to you before. Is it just because you were pretending to be dating, or was it really his feeli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter