Chapter 4

Man in Love

Nahomi:

How did it turn out like this? One minute Elizabeth and I are freaking out about how we were going to approach Infinite, then the next, we're escorting them to their dorms. I was completely shocked. It all happened to fast! I didn't think they would actually call me! To be honest, I had totally forgot that I had given Myungsoo my number.  Everything was kind of blurry but what I do remember is:

*flashback*

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hey!" A voice yelled.

My ear hurt from the yelling. I looked to the direction where Infinite was resting. From a distance I could see Sungyeol looking pointing his at me. He started to run towards my direction, I could feel myself going stiff. Elizabeth looked at the direction I was staring at. She, too, froze. As soon as Sungyeol arrived to where I was standing, he looked down at me. From my perspective he was like a tower!

"Umm..we...help need. We..." He sighed a little in frustration, "Can you..speak Korean?" He finally managed to say in English.

"Y-yes, I can speak Korean." I stuttered, "A-Annyeonghaseyo je ireumeun Nahomi imnida." I bow, and Elizabeth followed my lead.

"WOW!" All of Infinite said amazed.

Sungyeol smiled in excitement. "Nice! Since you hurt our poor Myungsoo this morning you owe us!"

"What do you mean us?" Myungsoo questioned.

"Sshh! Let me do the talking." Sungyeol said, while covering Myungsoo's mouth."We're lost," he continued, "take us here please!"

He then shoved the address in my hand, I stared at him speechless. He just gave me a wide smile and with that I began to walk.

 

*Present*

"Nahomi." Elizabeth whispers.

"Yeah?" I whisper back.

"If I start to act different, don't question it."

"What...?"

"I said don't question it!" Elizabeth interrupted.

I roll my eyes at her. "Okay! Here we are!" I stood in front of the door of a building.

All the guys looked exhausted and were ready to just go to their room and sleep. They were all hunched over, forcing their eyelids to stay open. I waved my arms to the direction of the doors. They slowly walked in and from there I lead them to their rooms.

"So here we are, get lots of rest! Goodbye." I wave at them.

"Yeah later..." Elizabeth said in a 'I don't care' attitude.

I narrowed my eyes at her as I started to close the door to Infinite's dorm.

"Wait!" Said a voice.

Woohyun was standing behind the door. He quickly rounded up all of the boys and had them stand before us.

"1, 2, 3..." He counted.

"Gamsahamnida!" They all said in unison.

"N-n-no problem." I stuttered. I really wanted to facepalm myself for doing it too much.

"We really didn't have time to introduce ourselves..." Sunggyu began but I interrupted.

"No need! We could always hangout later.Please rest first!" I bowed and quickly closed the door.

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh....I fangirled on the inside. I couldn't believe I had the guts to tell them that we could hangout with each other. Would they want to hangout with us again? We really didn't talk much. Elizabeth and I walked back to our dorm in silence. We didn't let out one peep, because we feared that if we did, everything would turn out to be a figment of our imagination.

Third Person:

Nahomi and Elizabeth entered their dorm, still in shock. They didn't know what to do with all the emotions they were feeling at the moment. Elizabeth plopped herself on her bed and screamed in the pillow.

"Oh my gosh, I just met Infinite!!!", She muffled her voice in a pillow.

Though Nahomi promised herself not to cry, tears of joy rolled down her cheeks. She then ran in place screaming in her hands, which were covering her face. They both had closed up emotions that were now being set loose. This went on for hours. They screamed, EEPPed, and talked all at once.

"Oh my gosh! Did you see Myungsoo? He's so cute when he's sleepy!" Nahomi said gleefully.

"Woohyun is polite!" Elizabeth complimented.

They discussed every member and all their actions. And yes, this took them hours to discuss...

 

On the other end of the campus, the boys were wide awake. They were all still a bit tired but they needed to start getting use to the time zone. Their college dorm was one of the expensive ones. It was kind of like a town house. The dorm had 2 rooms upstairs, 2 downstairs. They had a kitchen, living room, dining room, and of course 2 bathrooms. This living area was a lot bigger than their usual apartments. So they enjoyed the very spaceous place, but they weren't completely enjoying it. They had all left to find food. So again they were lost.

"You guys can NOT blame me this time." Sungyeol commented.

"Ugh!" Sungyu yelled in frustration.

"Maybe we just don't have a good sense of direction. Our company spoils us." Said Hoya.

"I'm hungry!" Dongwoo complained.

"Ah! Why does this always happen to me!" Sungjong also complained.

"What are we going to do now?" Myungsoo frowned.

Woohyun just stood in silence thinking. When suddenly he heard voices coming towards their direction. They sounded familiar but at the same time unrecognizeable. The voices were excitably talking and were practically squealing. They were speaking in english so he couldn't understand what they were saying.

" Oh man, all this excitement is making me hungry." Nahomi smiled.

"I know right! Where do you want to eat?" Elizabeth asked.

"I think you should pick. Everytime I pick, you don't like it." Nahomi laughed. "You're such picky eater!"

"Don't judge me!" Elizabeth exclaimed. "Anyway! Let's go to that pizza place that's close by."

"Oh, you mean pizza hut?" Nahomi continued to laugh.

"Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean."

They continued to walk without noticing that they passed by Infinite.

"YAH!!" a voice yelled behind them. They turned around to see what the commotion was. All of Infinite came out from a bush one by one. It was like watching clowns coming out of a tiny car. 

"What the...why were you guys hiding there?" Asked Elizabeth. She stared at the small bush, wondering how she walked past them. Dongwoo approached Elizabeth, collapsing in front of her. "We're hungry." He complained, "We got lost again."

Elizabeth:

Nahomi and I lead the group with us to Pizza Hut. As soon as the pizza was out they all digged in. Poor guys had lost themselves for an hour and were starving. Nahomi and I both waited till eveyone had a slice of pizza before we grabbed our own. Once everyone started to eat, we stayed quiet. I looked over to where Nahomi was sitting. She was wipping , with a napkin, after every bite she took. She always does this because she is always scared something will be on her face. I never really did this but since we were with INFINITE, I couldn't risk it. There were a lot of things that I couldn't risk happening. Such as, asking questions. I had a lot to ask them (being a fan and all) but I ruin the image that I had created for myself. 

After a long silence they started to talk to us, I then began to "not show interest". But in truth I was listening tentatively.

Sunggyu broke the silence, "So what's your name?"

I looked up from plate to see who was talking to. He was looking at my direction. I didn't know why I felt shocked that he was asking. Earlier today, I was trying to play my role of "cold person", that I forgot to introduce myself.

I swallowed the pizza in my mouth, "The real question is, what's yours? To us you're just a stranger." I lied.

"Oh she's right!" Dongwoo exclaimed.

"Wow, we're so rude." Woohyun swallowed his pizza, "we're even eating their food!"

"Don't worry I'm paying." Myungsoo held up his credit card.

"Yah! Let's stop talking and introduce ourselves!" Sungjong scolded.

They all got up and introduced themselves one by one. Starting from oldest to youngest.

"Hello! I'm leader Kim Sunggyu!"

"I am charge of rapping, Dongwoo! Yeah."

Why are they introducing themselves like it's a variety show? I thought to myself.

"I'm the cute and handsome Woohyun." The greasy guy made a heart with his hand and then a peace sign.

"I say Ho, you say Ya! Ho!"

"ya!" everyone chimed, except me.

"Ho?"

"Ya!"

"Hello I'm dance machine Hoya."

Sungyeol smiled widely, "Nice to meet you I'm Lee Sungyeol."

"I'm the visual L." Myungsoo said with straight face but with a slight smirk. I could hear Nahomi's soul screaming from so many emotions. I pretty sure she died for like 2 seconds.

"You don't have to call him L. His real name is Myungsoo!" Myungsoo tried to cover his mouth but sungyeol pushed him away, "Call him that instead!"

"My turn! Hello my name is Sungjong. Jjang!" Sungjong moved is hands like a rainbow. I sweat I could see the sparkles when he did that. Just like in Beatles Code 2.

"We are...INFINITE!"  All the members bowed.

I narrowed my eyes, "Why did you introduce yourselves like that?"

They slowly sat back down and stopped smiling. They all exchanged looks with each other.

"You've never heard of us?", Woohyun asked.

"No I'm sorry. Are you a group of...something?" Nahomi asked.

"Infinite...isn't it that one sign?" I started to draw it in the air.

"No. I mean yes it is that sign but..." Sunggyu began to explain.

"Our group is named after that. We're a famous Kpop group." Hoya explained.

"We're famous in many different countries." Woohyun bragged.

It pained me a lot that Nahomi and I were acting like we didn't know them. But in order for us not to scare them away, we had to do it.

"We can always google you guys later." I stated.

I then continued to eat the pizza. They all stayed quiet for a while. I felt bad for treating them like that but it was the only way we could be with them. Nahomi finally broke the silence.

"Hey you never introduced yourself." She nudged me a bit.

"Oh yeah!" I whispered in English. I looked at them across the table. "Elizabeth." I then continued to eat.

"Elizabeth...that's very American name. It's very..." Sunggyu began but was interrupted.

"It's a very beautiful name." Woohyun winked at me. 

I just laughed because it was so ridiculous. Nahomi face palmed herself. Everyone else rolled their eyes.

 

Third Person:

Elizabeth and Nahomi decided to show the guys around the campus. This way they wouldn't get lost whenever Elizabeth and Nahomi weren't around. They started from Infinite's dorm.

" Okay were do you guys want to go?" Nahomi asked.

"Anywhere is fine." All them agreed.

"How about we show you guys to the building you'll be learning in. What class's are you guys taking?" Elizabeth asked.

Everyone started to shout their classes. With so many being said all at once, Nahomi and Elizabeth decided to go to the building closest to Infinite's dorm. They began to lead the way, making sure no one wondered off. Once entering the the main campus 2 members already went missing. Sungyeol, had seen something interesting and dragged Myungsoo to go check it out with him. Elizabeth found them, after 2 minutes of searching, she grabbed sungyeol by the collar of his shirt and dragged him back to the group. Myungsoo just followed behind.

"Okay! Since you guys are bound to get lost, You will all have to hold each other's hands. That way, if someone tries to stray away, the other person can pull them back." Elizabeth put their hands together while speaking. She continued, "Okay, stop fooling around and pay attention to your surroundings! You have familiarize yourself with the campus!"

All of the boys cringed a bit from her scolding. Even though she was kind of scary, Sunggyu still liked her leadership vibe. He smiled and thought, I will enjoy this. He slowly walked closer to Elizabeth.

"So Elizabeth...how old are you?" Sunggyu asked.

Elizabeth took a quick glance at him. She could feel herself blushing but quickly covered it up with anger. 

"Why are you not holding hands with the others?" She snaped at him.

He backed away from her slowly and grabbed Dongwoo's hand. Sunggyu, still having his childish curiousity, pulled the whole group up. 

"So that building is the..." Nahomi began, but was interrupted by Sunggyu's push. Myungsoo caught her before she fell to the ground. 

"Okay I'm holding their hand. So how old are you?"

"Sunggyu! Shut up already!" An annoyed Sungjong yelled.

"Hey why aren't you using honorifics!?" Sunggyu yelled back.

 

[Sorry for the late update! I've been busy with school and moving. But now all of that is done! I'm working on the 5th chapter currently. Please anticipate it! A new character will be introduced.]