Chapter 3

Man in Love

Elizabeth:

Nahomi walked and quickly took her seat right next to me. She looked very out of it, like she was in her own little world. I wanted to ask her if she was alright but the teacher had already started to pass out the exams. I guess I can ask her later, I thought.

                                                                      1 hour later 

After the exam, Nahomi and I, walked out of the classroom a bit exhausted. The test was so mind boggling and yet it wasn't that hard either. 

"That exam was easy!" I thought aloud. "Right Nahomi?" Nahomi was looking into space, too distracted in her own thoughts that she didn't hear my question. "Nahomi?" I waved my hand in front of her face.

"Huh?" Nahomi said with a confused tone.

"The exam, wasn't it easy?" I asked again.

"Oh! Umm...it was okay I guess..." She began to fade out again.

"What's wrong? Was the exam that bad for you?"

Again, stayed quiet and my words were falling on deaf ears. I was beginning to worry. Something must of happened. She wasn't her usual self.

"NAHOMI!" I yelled in her ear.

"Ow!" She put her hands on her ears, "What the heck, what's wrong with you Elizabeth?!"

"No, I should be saying that! You've been zoning out since we left class. What's wrong?"

Nahomi rubbed her right ear, as if my yelling had left the ear sore. She looked up at me, giving me a death glare. "You yelled in my ear, you don't deserve to know." She said childishly.

"Oh my gosh, seriously Nahomi?" I facepalmed myself.

She then sighed in defeat and plopped herself on the nearest bench, patting the spot next to her. I sat next to her, setting my backpack, i was carrying, on the ground. The day was really sunny, the sky was really clear and there was a light breeze. As Nahomi collected her thoughts, i sat there enjoying the the sun. After a minute or two, she began to speak.

" So I bumped to someone...well more like ran into someone. I mean this literally because i knocked him over but he got up faster than I did..."

"Who was it." I interrupted her, before she got off topic.

She wiggled in her chair a little before continuing, "You're going to freak out when I tell you but I need you to promise to calm down."

"Okayy...?" I said a little suspious.

"I saw Myungsoo...well like i said I ran into to him."

"Myungsoo? As in Infinite Myungsoo?"

"Yes."

I let out a very sarcastic laugh, "And here I thought that you had an actual problem. Instead I find out you're trying to mess with me."

I got off the bench, picking up backpack along the way. I was pissed. I was worried that something was really bothering her but all she wanted to do was mess with me. Nahomi and I have been friends since Junior year of high school. She should've known by now that I take Infinite things seriously and she shouldn't be messing with my fangirling heart. I had walked up the side walk only a few feet when I felt Nahomi's small hand grab my arm.

"I'm not lying! All of Infinite is here! I saw them!" She insisted.

I pulled my arm away, "I don't believe that. Michigan isn't very interesting, there's no way Infinite would choose to come here."

"Elizabet..."She cut herself off and her gaze shifted to a view behind me and began to rapidly tap my shoulder. 

"Stop doing..." I started but before I could finish, Nahomi placed a hand on my chin and moved it to face the direction she was facing at. There, by a tree 10 feet away from us, were 7 beautiful boys. Sunggyu sitting on the ground leaning on the tree, sungjong was kicking the ground, woohyun was leaning on L's shoulder, Hoya was talking to sungyeol, and Dongwoo was playing with the grass. Tears of joy started to stream down my face. Ma Boys, I thought to myself. I started to make my way towards them but Nahomi stopped me. She grabbed the collar of my shirt and began to drag me further away from them.

"What are you doing!?" I said annoyed.

"You need to chill for sec." She turned, took a quick glance at them and then continued, "We can't scare them away. If we're going to talk to them, we need to act casual. They can't know that we're fans of theirs."

I nodded in agreement, still looking at them over her shoulder. I really wanted her to stop talking so I go see them up close. Nahomi placed both hands on my shoulders and shook me be a bit. 

"Listen! Here's our chance to put our korean to the test. This why we spent most our weekends learning this language. So that we could be prepared for a moment like this."

I nodded, again, in agreement.

"Now wipe your tears. Take a breath, and you need to stay calm."

I did as she said. I tried to prepare myself mentally, telling myself their just people like me. Nothing could go wrong. As I prepared, Nahomi's phone rang. 

"Hello?" She answered, and just like before the exam, her face was expressionless.

Sungyeol:

"Okay, the map says to go this way." I pointed to the direction.

"You guys seriously never learn!" Sungjong rolled his eyes.

"I swear, if we get lost in the woods again..." Hoya began.

"We probably will." Dongwoo laughed.

"I just want to go to sleep!" Myungsoo complained, "Plus I need to ice my foot." 

Woohyun rested his head on Myungsoo's shoulder. "Why did we let you lead again?" He whined.

"He had the most energy. You know what? I'm going to sleep by that tree. I did it before and I can do it." Sunggyu ranted.

"Yah, why do you guys always bring that up." I frowned.

I looked at the school map. I was positive that I understood it, except for the english street names. But even if it was english I could just match the letters. The sun was already high above the sky. I, too, was starting to feel sleepy like the rest of the members. It would be 1am in Korea right now. I was ready to give up, when I remembered I saw a phone number on the piece of paper Myungsoo had. 

"Did you figure out where to go now?" Hoya asked. 

"Nope but I have a better idea." 

I walked up to Myungsoo and started to search him.  "Hey what are you you doing?" he tried pushing me away. I ignored him and continued to search. After a few seconds I found it in his front left pocket. 

"Hey what are you doing! Don't just take people's things!" He scolded.

I continued to ignore him and started to dial the number on my cell phone. 

"Wait you're calling her? Don't do that! I was going to make it a really sentimental thing. Like, once I learned enough English, I was going to call her and..."

I put the phone on my ear so Myungsoo could see that I was ignoring him. 

"Hello?" A girl's voice answered.