Chapter 17: The Secret

Man in Love

Sungjong:

Class had ended a bit early and i was just walking around campus. Everyone didn't notice that I was behind them and slipped away when myungsoo was busy in his own thoughts. I was starting to get good at sneaking away. The weather was cold as usual but it didn't phase me when inside I was feeling warm and fuzzy. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a hard lemon candy. I cold only taste the sweetness of the candy instead of the sourness. Though the sun was covered with a blanket of clouds, everything seem so bright and not gloomy. Perhaps, I had eaten (besided the candy) that made me feel this way? Well, it was a special day. 

*Flashback to the first day of school*

Third Person:

After quieting the loud group of guys sitting in front of the classroom, the girl had enjoyed the rest of the class time. She was sure if she was going to enjoy the semester with the guys sitting in front of her but she was going to make the best of it. She, was in fact, not going to see them next semester anyway. The class ended after two short hours and she waited for everyone to exit out. The girl hated being the first one out. As soon as most of the people were cleared, she started to get her stuff together.

"Hello." I soft voice greeted.

She lifted her head to see a young face staring at her. It was one of the loud guys. He was skinny and had pale skin, his eyes were kind of big-ish, and if people were to look at him they would think he looked feminine. He smiled her and stretched his hand out towards her.

"My name is Sungjong..uh.. Lee Sungjong." He said politely.

The girl shook his hand, "Nice to meet you." She said half-heartedly.

"Um...what's your name?" He asked.

She narrowed her eyes "Can you just tell me why you're talking to me."

The boy's smile faded slowly and he looked down at the ground. The girl immediately felt bad as soon as the words slipped out of . 

"I wanted to apologize for my Hyungs and myself." Sungjong said with sad look on his face. "You were right to get mad and that's all I wanted to say."

Sungjong began to walk away from the girl but he suddenly felt her hand grasp his arm.

"Wait...I forgive you. I shouldn't have yelled at you guys like that. I could've said it nicer and I'm sorry snapped at you just now."

Sungjong perked up again, "It's okay! Let's start over." He stuck his hand out toward her again and repeated "Hello, my name is Lee Sungjong."

The girl hesitantly took his hand and shook it back. "My name is Hannah...but my korean name is Eunmi."

"Both are pretty names." He smiled. "Let's exchange numbers, Eunmi."

From then on, Sungjong made sure to talk to her often and even tried to have lunch with her. Of course none of the members or his new friends noticed that he was interested in someone. They thought that Eunmi was one of the many female friends he made at school. Eunmi herself did not notice his interest. She just thought that he was trying to be friendly and she was resistant at first but soon enjoyed his company. He often snuck away from his group to go hangout with her at the library and study. Sungjong used this time to catch glimpses of Eunmi while she had her nose in a book. He like that she still had her natural dark hair and that she didn't wear a lot of make up. Her pink lips were the cutest thing (which he liked) and she didn't look extremely skinny like the idols he was friends with. After a month or so Sungjong decided to confess his feelings to her but Eunmi thought it was too fast and she didn't even know what to think. Of course respecting her feelings, he didn't push the subject further. 

*2 days before the present*

"Hey Sungjong." Eunmi spoke. "I was so mean when we were first met. How could you like me?"

Sungjong was slightly caught off guard from this question. They hadn't spoke about this matter since he told her about his feelings (which was two months ago) and he was starting to give up hope. Sungjong slowed his pace until he finally stopped walking. 

"Sungjong?" Eunmi looked at him.

"I like you because you're beautiful and I like how you take charge with things." Sungjong blushed. "That was my first thought but I got to see the little details of you. Like when you sigh a lot when you don't understand a homework problem or the way you push your hair behind your ear. Things like that lured me in, until I finally decided to tell you how I felt."

Sungjong covered his face in embarrassment. 

He continued, "I know that I'm not the manliest looking guy and I can be a bit clingly, but I really do know how treat you with respect."

Eunmi felt her face heat up as she heard Sungjong speak. Her heart began to beat a bit faster, which was a first. Never had she felt something like this. In high school, she never appealed to other guys nor did she find interest in them. She only dated once when she was 15 but it was very brief and uneventful. Sungjong seemed to have an affect on her that she chose to ignore when he first confessed to her. As soon as he answered her question, she had already decided what her response would be. 

"I've never really dated before..." She began.

"Neither have I." Sungjong quickly replied.

"But...I'm willing to give you a chance. As long as it doesn't get in my way of my studies."

Sungjong gave her a wide grin and took off his gloves and grabbed her hands and slid them on her. 

"Let's hang....I mean go on a date this Friday." Sungjong excitedly told her.

Eunmi nodded in agreement and they walked to her dorm like they always did, this time holding hands.

Sungjong:

*present*

"Sungjong!" Sungyeol called. "Why are you walking by yourself? Let's walk back to the dorm together."

Sungyeol caught up to me and threw his arms over my shoulders. 

"Let's wait for the others." He suggested.

I slipped out of his embrace, slightly messing up my hair.

"I actually have something to do." I smile. "See ya later!"

I run away from where Sungyeol is standing and head to the dorms. I needed to get ready for my first ever date.