Chapter 13

Man in Love

Class had finally ended for those who attended class. As students started to pack their stuff to leave for the rest of the day, there was that one group that decided to take their sweet-oh-time. “Come on slow pokes.” Hoya said tapping his feet losing his patients. “Okay, okay we’re coming.” Sungyeol said quickly packing his notebooks, and text book. “Come on, Nahomi is waiting for us.” Myungsoo said getting up quickly. “Psht, love at first sight” Woohyun teased L who left the fastest out of all of them.

“Can you guys move any faster? Don’t you guys have long legs. Come on, keep up with the shortie.” Nahomi said in front of the line. “Man..short legged people...move...so...fast” Sungyeol said trying to catch his breath. “What’s the rush, Nahomi?” Hoya ask. “Homework, and your members who are probably starving to death.” Nahomi said sarcastically. “Oh no. What happen to our leader? He disappeared, now that I think about it.” Hoya said looking everywhere. “Oh, remember he ran off with Elizabeth. I thought we already talked about this” Nahomi said walking up into the dorms. “Oh, wow we got here fast.” Woohyun said opening the door, to two sleeping figure on the couch. “Looks like there was nothing to really worry about.” Nahomi said turning around. “Wait where are you going?” Woohyun said. “Umm...back to my dorm. You know, where I live.” Nahomi said checking her phone.

From Angel

To Nahomi

So….I’m not at home. I’m job searching, but from the looks of it. There is a lot of place hiring sense all the college students are back in school. Just wanted to let you know, you know. If you were interested.

Nahomi closed her phone and walked back to the dorms leaving the guys bickering about the lazy bums who were sleeping, and their missing leader who could ‘have been kidnapped.’

ANGEL’S POV

“Do you think you can start today?” Asked the boss. Honestly, I needed a job fast. I can’t stand not having one. All throughout my high school life, I worked at my parent’s restaurant, and luckily I have about 5 years of waitressing experience. “Of course I can. It just might take sometime for me to adjust to this menu and learning where everything is.” I said. “That’s okay with me. I just wanted you to start off by guiding people to the table. Setting down menus, bring water out, refilling water, and busing tables. Is that too much?” he ask. “No not at all. I like being on the feet and moving.” I said getting excited to work. “Alrighty then. Go ahead and grab an apron, and one of the workers would help you.” he said getting up and shaking hands with him.

Ahhh, getting the job on the spot was awesome. More than awesome, now at least I don’t have to go job searching all afternoon. Walking into the back where they had a dressing room, my phone started to ring notifying that I was receiving a text. Pulling it out of my back pocket it was Nahomi. “So, the infinite guys want to know if we should go hang out with them tonight? Wanna? I know you wanna.” I sigh knowing that I can’t blow off my job. “Sorry, I can’t I told the boss that I can start working today. I’m taking the late night shift too. Sorry. I really want too. Trust me! I really do. But I can’t. Have fun without me.” I texted back and set my phone into my locker. “First day of work. I got this.” I said to myself.

NAHOMI’S POV

I sigh at the thought that Angel couldn’t hang out with us. She not being here is making the group incomplete. I mean we still have Elizabeth, but just missing that one person makes that whole group, incomplete. “Why do you keep sighing?” Sungjong said coming to sit next to me. “Oh, umm...Angel actually can’t come and hang out with us tonight. She said that she’s working and she’s taking the night shift.” I said explaining the situation to them. “Ahh, that’s okay. There is always next time.” Sungyeol said tapping my head. Gosh please don’t do that. “So what do you guys want to do? There’s not much to do here. I mean, there is but--” “Where’s Sunggyu Hyung? He’s been missing all day!” Woohyun whine. “Ugh, you’re so childish hyung. No girls will ever like you. Be a man” Hoya said crossing his arms. “Um...some girls find me cute” Woohyun said staring back at me. “I have no say in this” I said turning my back to him. I can hear the other guys laughing while Hoya just wrap his arms on Woohyun’s shoulder. “See, point proven.”

I unlocked the door to our dorm, and I let the guys in first. However, Myungsoo held the door for me and just nodded his head telling me to enter first. I had to break the eye contact, but I just couldn’t. His eyes were so dreaming, and obviously, he was still holding up too his ‘image.’ Sungjong cleared his throat making me break the eye contact, and I walk in first. On the bright side at least Angel left the house clean. I knew I could count on her. “Are you guys hungry?” I ask as everyone took their seat in the living room. Since our apartment was only for three people it wasn’t that big. Walking towards the kitchen which was literally just next door, if it wasn’t for the counter that held the sink together, the kitchen would had been part of the living room. “No, we’re not hungry.” Someone shouted which sounded like Hoya. “Drinks?” I shouted back. “Water for everyone is fine!” Sounded like Sungyeol. I open the fridge and saw that there was no water bottles in the fridge. Oh this is bad. I looked everyone and saw a note on the fridge which was Angel’s hand writing.

If you’re looking for the water bottle, it’s against the wall right next to the table. Hehehe I hid it in the corner, well...I didn’t really hide it because I just told you where it was, okay you know. Guilt was eating me up so...HAVE FUN DRINKING THE WATER BOTTLE THAT YOU AND ELIZABETH FORGOT TO BUY.

SINCERELY...MEH

I rolled my eyes, of course. Angel that weird child. Sometime I worry about her. Anyways, I walk to the living room and started to hand out the water bottles. “Thank you” everyone said except that Myungsoo. Ch~~ fine someone wants to be all hot shot. HA! I don’t care. “So….what are we going to do?” Dongwoo said laying flat on his stomach. “Hmmm...well right now we're just waiting for Elizabeth and Sunggyu. Let me text them to see where they’re at.” I said pulling out my phone and texted Elizabeth.

 

ELIZABETH’S POV

Oh my gosh. I want to die, I still cannot believe that Sunggyu, yes that’s right, Sunggyu Infinite’s leader is ‘trying’ to talk to me. I have to be honest, this dude can nag. Elizabeth that. Elizabeth this, look Elizabeth, blah blah blah. It was cute. Oh great, hold it in Elizabeth. You got this. I clear my throat as I just notice that I zone out while the professor was still teaching. “Psst. Elizabeth, do you know what he’s saying?” Sunggyu said whispering into my ear. I had goosebumps all over me. I felt his hot breath on my ear, and how my name rolled off his mouth, I still can’t believe it. I looked over to him and just glare at him, hoping he would get the sign that I was trying to pay attention, when really I wasn’t. I looked at the time and notice that we still had ten minutes left until class was over. Sunggyu stop bothering me, and from the looks of it, he gave up trying to understand the instructor. I sigh and guilt decided to sneak up upon me. I rip a piece of notebook paper out and wrote something on it, passing it to Sunggyu.

I’ll sum up lesson later. Was all I wrote. Simple, fast, and got straight to the point.

Sunggyu just nodded and continue to play with his phone. Ha, guys would be guys, I guess. Just then my phone vibrated, and it was a text from Nahomi. So...here we are chilling at the apartment, waiting for you and Sunggyu who magically disappear. Hurry and come home, I’m dying from awkwardness! She texted I was thinking about ignoring it but I decided to text her back. Where’s Angel? She’s talkative. I texted back. Within two minutes later, Nahomi texted back. Angel’s at her job. She got the job today and won’t be home until later tonight. So I’m just with the guys at the apartment all by myself. Oh and did I mention that they’re here at the apartment, and I’m the only girl.

I rolled my eyes. Nahomi knows how to take care of herself. And plus Infinite isn’t stupid….well, I mean...they know how to respect each other. Their idols, they wouldn’t dare make a move on her. Well, at least not right now. “Elizabeth, class is over” Sunggyu said poking my arm making me come back to reality. Wow, was I really thinking that hard that class went by really fast. Oh well, what’s done is done. I started to pack my stuff and head out the front door. “So where to next?” Sunggyu said tailing behind me. “Home. You’re coming with me too.” I said straightforwardly. “What? Umm...don’t take this the wrong way. I do want to hang out with you, but don’t you think that we’re moving too fast?” Sunggyu said stopping, making me stop. “Look, don’t get ahead of yourself, you hamster. All the Infinite members are at my place. You can stay here and get lost finding your dorm. Or you can with me, and get lost together with your band mates. Your choice.” I said still walking away.

“HEY! YOU DO CARE! YOU JUST CALLED ME A HAMSTER! WE’RE MAKING PROGRESS!” I heard Sunggyu shout behind me, not processing everything he just said. Wait...AHHH CRAP I DID CALL HIM HAMSTER!