Chapter 16

Man in Love

ANGEL'S POV

Snuggling into my scarf and jacket, the autumn breeze was blowing like a blizzard. I had to walk up the hill just to get to the Counslening office so that I could sign up for winter semester.. As much as I hated my high school year, I’m pretty excited to start college.

“Brr, I hate this weather.” I said to myself as I shook off the cold breeze. My checks were frozen, I can just feel it. After I shook off the cold, warms hands were placed on my cheeks.

“What the eff!” I say as I step back and slap whose ever hand that was. I look up and saw that it was Woohyun’s.

“What are you doing here?” I ask wiping my cheeks.

“I should be asking you that.” Woohyun said smiling. I rolled my eyes and started to take off my scarf as it was starting to get hot in the building-and maybe because Woohyun’s hands felt pretty good against my cheeks.

“Signing up for winter classes. Now if you would excuse me, I have an appointment.” I said walking around Woohyun. However, he blocked my way making me want to punch his pretty face.

“What classes are you taking?” He ask.

I sigh feeling annoyed by his presence. “I don’t know yet. I’ll find out soon, so if you would excuse me.” I said with a little sass and walked around him.

“Do you want to grab a bite to eat afterwards?” Woohyun said. I stopped and turned around eyeing him. Woohyun was dressed in a grey hoodie and jeans. Staring for a while, he caught that I was staring, and thank gosh my cheeks were already red, hiding my blush...I hope. “I’ll take that as a yes. I’ll come by your dorm at 7 to come get you. Bye cutie.” Woohyun said walking through the double doors.

“Wait! I didn’t...even answer.” I clenched my fist and walked the opposite direction towards the counseling office. “Wait...did he just ask me on a date?”

NAHOMI’S POV

Tomorrow make sure that you guys have your rough draft ready. Any question?” My professor said.

“Yeah, how about we just not do it.” Sungyeol said silently.

“I’m sorry Sungyeol, what was that?” Our professor said.

I said, yes. I will have it done by tomorrow...the rough draft.” Sungyeol said as me and Myungsoo tried to hold in our laughter.

“That’s what I thought you said. Class dismiss.”
Stuffing my textbook into my bag, Myungsoo smacked Sungyeol’s head and I just shook my head.

“Nice going idiot.” Myungsoo said.

“What, dude has ears like a dog. Who would have known that he could hear me. Also, does he even understand Korean?” Sungyeol said rubbing the back of his head where Myungsoo slap.

“Wait Nahomi!” Sungyeol said as I walked out of the classroom shaking my head.
“Come on slow pokes.” I said as I continue to walk down the stairs. Arriving down the steps, I saw Angel from a distance...and Woohyun??

“Whew! You need to slow down. Walking way too fast.” Sungyeol said taking in deep breaths.

 

 I wasn’t really paying attention to what he was saying because I was too focused on what Woohyun and Angel were talking about.

“Hellooo, shortie. I’m--”

“Shhh, I’m trying to listen.” I said cutting off Sungyeol.

“I’ll take that as a yes. I’ll come by your dorm at 7 to come get you. Bye cutie.” Woohyun said.

My mouth dropped open and I can’t believe Woohyun was that bold to ask Angel that. Seeing her not move I’m guess that she wasn’t expecting that either. Before she could answer him, he left the building and from the looks of it, Angel was angry-or maybe she was blushing?

“Did you just see that!?” Sungyeol said as we both watch Angel walk away.

“Uh huh...Good luck Woohyun.” I said.

“Well, aren’t you going after her and ask her about the details?” Sungyeol said.

“No, I’ll pass she looks like she’s in a rush.” I said and continued down the stairs. “Wait...where’s L?”

Myungsoo’s POV

Sungyeol is so annoying, always getting into trouble. Whatever, next time maybe I should just let him get into trouble...no, then Sunggyu won’t shut up about how we should have each others back. Whatever, that idiot. Seeing that Sungyeol and Nahomi left, I decided to take my time back to the dorms, but I was surprise to see Nahomi and Sungyeol still chatting on the steps. Looking where they were looking at I see Angel walking up the steps angry. Just then I remember what Woohyun wanted me to do.

“Come on L. Stop being a little girl and just ask her.” Woohyun said as he sat next to me and putting his feet on the table.

“Feet down and no, I’m not going to third wheel.” I said never taking my eyes off the television.

“I never said that you had to be a third wheel. Ask Nahomi, I know that she has a thing for you and you have thing for her. Let’s just say it’s a double date. Come on,”

“Ugh, if I go, would you shut up.” I said.

“Maybe, depending how I feel. You better ask her. We’re picking up the girls at 7.” And just like that Woohyun left leaving me thinking about if I should bail or should I just go.
And this is where I stand. Looking at Nahomi as she and Sungyeol continue to chat. Ugh, why do I hate what I’m seeing. I should be talking to Nahomi, not that annoying Sungyeol. Taking a deep breath, I walk towards Nahomi and Sungyeol. Getting closer to them, I could feel my heart racing from being nervous at what I’m about to do.

“Wait...where’s L?”

And just like a ghost-because I’m good like that-I walk between Nahomi and Sungyeol, taking her hand and pulling her with me as we walk outside.
Her hands fit’s perfectly in mine, and my heart races.

“Whoa...wait. Myungsoo..” She says surprised.

Halting, I turn around and Nahomi was about to bump into me, but I stop her by setting both of my hands on her shoulder. I looked straight into her eyes and said, “I’m picking you up at 7. Be ready by then.”