02; Valentine

Soshified Shots

 

"02; Valentine"

 

 

Title: Valentine

Pairing: YoonSic

Genre: Fluff/Romance

 

 

 

"Come on Yoona, you can do this. Don't be a chicken now."

 

Whispers of encouragement came out from my own mouth.

 

My body instantly got paralyzed once I faced my own terrifying doom.

 

Here I was, standing before my bestfriend's locker.

 

What's so terrifying about a locker right?

 

Wrong.

 

As you can see, today is Valentine's Day.

 

The special day normal couples would go out for a wonderful date, and the day people would express their love through boquet of roses, boxes of chocolates, and even heart-shaped balloons.

 

As for me, well Valentine's day would be the day I'm going to confess to the person I've been friends with for three whole years. 

 

It's quite difficult to do especially in what kind of situation we're in.

 

At first I was quite hesitant to do this because I was afraid that this would be the very reason for our long-time friendship to fade away.

 

Screw the friendship, I'm freaking in love with her for goodness sake!

 

No matter what it takes, I won't let this day pass without making her my 'valentine'.

 

I took a deep breath and gathered enough courage for myself.

 

My right hand was clutching onto a piece of envelope which contained the love letter that I composed for her.

 

Call me lame, but it was the easiest way I could think of to let her know of my romantically-developed feelings without having the trouble of telling it to her directly (which is something a coward like me isn't capable of doing)

 

I was planning to insert it through the small vents of her locker.

 

After class she'd be heading to her locker. Once she opens it, she'll see my letter and then she'd read it.

 

She'll read the letter and will realize how much I feel for her.

 

I'll be outside the school gate waiting for her.

 

She'd come running to me an then she'll tell me that she's feeling exactly the same way towards me.

 

I'd wrap my arms around her and spin her around in glee as we kiss.

 

Mission accomplished. End of story.

 

That's how exactly I'm planning things to turn out for today.

 

But that was when fear and anxieties started to overcome me again.

 

What if she rejects me? What if she says no? What if she gets disgusted with me? What if..

 

My hand was left hanging midair, the envelope was a centimeter away from entering the locker's vent.

 

My anxious thoughts were interrupted when suddenly there were a pair of slender arms that wrapped around my waist.

 

"Yoongie~" Uh-oh. That voice..

 

My heart instantly skipped a beat at the feeling of her body pressing warmly against mine.

 

Once she loosened her grip on me, I turned around and was welcomed by her breath-taking smile.

 

"S-Sica." I greeted with an awkward smile.

 

She was about to greet me back until she something caught her eye. She raised an eyebrow upon seeing the object that I was holding on one hand.

 

"What's that?" She asked.

 

I tensed and quickly shoved the letter inside my jacket's pocket.

 

I flashed her another awkward smile.

 

"It's nothing! How's class? Have you eaten already? Are you tired? Wanna head home?" All the words slipped out of my mouth quickly and came out in a rushed manner.

 

Jessica stared at me oddly for a second before chuckling a bit.

 

"What the heck's up with you? Why do you seem so nervous?" She asked.

 

I quickly denied it. "Nervous? Me? No way." I let out what you would call an OBVIOUSLY fake laugh.

 

Jessica narrowed her eyes at me and I swallowed hard.

 

She knows me too well that she can easily point out whether I'm telling the truth or not.

 

I instantly jerked once I felt her poke my belly with her finger.

 

"Yah!" I snarled at her.

 

She laughed again. She looked so cute especially with the way her right eye twitched a little.

 

"Look at yourself, you're so jumpy." She teased while sticking out her tongue.

 

"Am not."

 

"Yes you are."

 

"No I'm not."

 

"Yes."

 

"No."

 

"Yes."

 

"No--"

 

I froze upon realizing what kind of situation we're in.

 

Because of our bickering and the volumes of our voices rising, both of our necks were stretched up and our faces were only an inch away from each other. 

 

I gulped again and felt my heart pounding so hard against my chest.

 

Jessica cleared as she was the first one to pull away. Suddenly there was an awkward tension.

 

"Let's go home?" She suggested as she hooked her arm around mine. Still awkward.

 

I nodded without a word.

 

---

 

The two of us headed out of school. And just like always, we walked all the way to her house which was only a few blocks away from the university.

 

As we were walking side by side with our shoulders brushing against each other, something hit me.

 

Usually whenever we're walking home, we'd be chatting abou school or other things to be gossiped about.

 

Sometimes we'd even joke around and tease each other until one of us gets pissed.

 

But today was quite different. A whole lot different.

 

It was unusually quiet and none of us dared to say a word.

 

The atmosphere was quite...awkward again.

 

Once we're about a few meters away from their house, I tried to say something.

 

It's time Yoona. You must do this.

 

"Hey Sica."

 

My hand got inside my pocket and clutchted tightly onto the envelope.

 

She looked at me with slightly hopeful eyes, as if she was expecting me to say something the whole while.

 

I was planning to give her the letter already, but once again fear went ahead of me.

 

"Nothing." I muttered lowly as I looked away. Damn it.

 

I think I heard her let out a dissappointed sigh, but I just dismissed that thought away.

 

Soon enough we found ourselves standing outside the front gate of their house.

 

Jessica bid me her usual goodbye by giving me a light hug.

 

She turned around and was about to enter the gate.

 

But something inside of me snapped and I found myself stopping her before she could even make another step.

 

"Jessica, wait!"

 

As she spun around and faced me, I did something that definitely sent out worlds clashing together.

 

I kissed her.

 

I didn't know what has gotten to me at that time.

 

I was so afraid to confess to her yet I didn't want to leave without letting her know how much I love her.

 

Instead of using words, I tried to confess to her through a kiss.

 

But after pulling away from her and witnessing the shocked look on her face, I realized that what I did was a mistake.

 

I quickly moved away and lowered my head in shame.

 

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was thinking." I mumbled an apology.

 

Before Jessica could say something, I already turned around and ran away.

 

I barely even noticed the piece of envelope that fell from my pocket.

 

---

 

Later that night I locked myself in my room.

 

Unlike other couples who are probably enjoying their Valentine's, here I was stuck on my bed as I cried against my pillow.

 

I was upset because I never felt so stupid in my life.

 

I felt stupid because I failed to confess to the person I love in a proper way.

 

I felt stupid because I kissed her.

 

I felt stupid for being hopeful that she'd return my feelings.

 

But most of all I felt stupid for falling love with my overly wonderful, funny, smart, and gorgeous bestfriend.

 

I even felt stupid for losing the love letter that I was spent a lot of effort in writing just for her.

 

Maybe it fell while I was running away.

 

Speaking of the letter, the words it contained replayed in my head. Words that I wish Jessica was able to read.

 

"Jessica Jung Sooyeon,

     I may not be able to give you roses, chocolates, or heart-shaped balloons like what other guys can do. but I can give you something much more special only if you'd give me a chance. I'm a fool for loving you but never will I regret being that kind of fool. You're beautiful inside and out. Everyday I hate you for invading my entire mind. I always dream about you and your breath-taking smile and whenever we're together, I feel like I'm a whole different person.

    I love you Jessica Jung. Two and a half years of hiding my feelings for you isn't an easy task. So today..Would you accept me and be my Valentine?

Love, 

Yoona"

 

Someone might have already picked it up from the street and read it.

 

That person would probably be laughing and thinking of how much of a loser I am.

 

I began slamming my face against the pillow.

 

I'd have to make plans on avoiding her. 

 

Just as I was about to fall asleep, there came a few knocks on the door and my mother's voice coming from outside.

 

"Yoona honey, someone wants to see you."

 

And I already knew who that someone was.

 

"No. Just please kindly tell her that I'm already dead." I grumbled out loudly as I lifted my face from the pillow.

 

I could hear my mom's voice talking to somebody else outside.

 

I knew that somebody is Jessica. I'm pretty sure that she came to confront me about the kiss.

 

"You have to come out now Yoona. Jessica wants to give you something." My mother's faint voice called out.

 

This time I didn't respond. I just waited for them to leave me in my misery. There can't be anyone or anything that would make me come out of this roo--

 

"Alright honey, I'll just slip this under your door then." 

 

huh? Slip what under my door?

 

A rectangular envelop slipped inside my room through the small opening of the door underneath. I picked it up and held it in my hands. 

 

What could it be?

 

I opened it and saw that it was a letter. My heart immediately wanted to burst out of my chest as I began reading its contents.

 

"To my dearest Yoongie, 

     All I want to say is that I LOVE YOU TOO. I'd be willing to accept you and be forever your Valentine.

P.S. Stop being such an emo and look out your window right now.

Lots of love,

Your SicaBaby<3"

 

I did not waste any more time. My heart was jumping in joy.

 

I couldn't believe what I've just read. It was simply overwhelming.

 

My feet dragged me towards my window and as I looked outside, I was greeted by such an unusual sight.

 

A tall tree stood outside and there way the girl of my dreams, sitting right on one of its branches.

 

"SICA!" I yelled a little too loud, feeling alarmed that she might fall. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING UP THERE?!"

 

She smiled sheepishly as she waved at me.

 

"Since you didn't want to open the door for me, I thought that this was the only way I could get your attention." She answered.

 

"Get down from there right now!" I told her once I started hearing the branch make a cracking sound as if it was going to fall off any time soon. 

 

Jessica glanced below her. Her smile faded and was replaced with a terrified frown.

 

"I-I don't think I can." She responded worriedly.

 

The branch made more cracking sounds. It was seriously going to break and Jessica's gonna fall. 

 

I dashed out of my room and sprinted down the stairs. Just in time I got out into our backyard, the branch suddenly snapped off and Jessica started to fall.

 

Her loud shriek surely wakened the entire neighborhood.

 

I rolled across the ground and ended up in a kneeling position with my arms held out for what was coming. 

 

Within a blink of an eye, Jessica landed safely in my arms. 

 

Once she opened her eyes and saw me, her lips outstretched into a smile that reached from ear to ear.

 

"My hero." She mumbled.

 

I smiled back. "You babo. Don't ever pull such a stupid stunt like that again."

 

My ears began to go red once she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me close.

 

"You're the babo, Im Yoona. Why didn't you just tell me about your feelings in the first place?"

 

It was my cheeks turn to grow tomato red.

 

"I'm sorry, I guess I was just afraid of rejection." I told her. She suddenly flicked my forehead while giving me a glare.

 

"There's nothing to be scared of. I was having the exact same feelings all along, just waiting for you to make the first move." We stared at each other for a while before bursting into laughter. I guess we were both afraid to tell each other how we really felt.

 

"And how could you just leave me like that after stealing a kiss from me?" She questioned with an eyebrow raised. 

 

I turned away with my never-ending blushing cheeks. She grabbed my chin and forced me to look at her straight in the eye.

 

God, she's so beautiful.

 

"I-I'm sorry," I stammered, totally mezmerized with her beauty. She smiled slyly.

 

"If you really are sorry, then kiss me again. And I want it to last much much longer this time." 

 

Then that was it. She grabbed my collar and smashed our lips together. It was the most amazing moment of my life.

 

"So, you'll forever be my valentine?" I asked playfully after we parted from our kiss.

 

She smiled once more and snuggled her face against the crook of my neck.

 

"Your one and only."

 

 

 

---

 

A/N: how was it? Was it too cheesy? :)) I hope you guys like it! And if you have a pairing that you want, don't hesitate to message me. ;)