05; Her Bestfriend's Girl

Soshified Shots

 

"05; Her Bestfriend's Girl"

 

 

Title: Her Bestfriend's Girl

Pairing: YulSic

Genre: Drama

 

 

"Maybe..I think maybe it'll be better if we split up."

I looked at her, hoping to search for a sign on her face which could show that she was only joking.

But sadly, her eyes that used to be filled with love and happiness were now avoiding to look at me with its guilty and pained expression.

My hand reached out for hers but she painfully rejected it.

I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling all confused about the decision she just made between us.

"B-But..Yuri, I don't understand." I was trying my best not to cry. "Did I do something wrong for you to treat me like this?"

She fell silent for a moment before finally shaking her head.

"It's not you who's at fault Sica. It's me." She admitted softly, running a hand through her long black locks.

I still didn't get it. 

"I think this is for the best." It was all she could manage to clear out for me.

For the best? Can anything be good in my life without her?

"No, Yuri, please don't.." I failed to hold it all in. Eventually I broke down and I was on my knees, my hands gripping tightly onto hers as I begged her to stay. "Please don't go, don't leave me."

She looked down at me and for a moment, I saw pain and hurt flicker across her deep set eyes.

But within a second her facial expression hardened. I loosened my grip on her.

"I'm sorry Sica. I love you, but I think this is the only right thing to do."

With that, she turned around and exited the door, leaving me in my misery.

 

---

 

It's been a year since that incident happened, but there are times that it would still haunt my mind. 

 

I still don't get it.

 

For one and a half year we've been a happy couple, we were completely honest and madly in love with each other.

 

We were inseperable and we made a lot of promises to each other that we won't let anything break us apart.

 

But what I don't understand is why she had broken up with me that day.

 

I don't remember doing anything that could have made her upset.

 

Her words of rejection were too painful, it had left scars on my heart that until now I still couldn't be able to mend.

 

She looked so cruel and cold while she was trying to break our relationship, but I had a feeling..

 

I had this feeling that there was some reason behind it. But she just couldn't tell me.

 

Anyhow, it's too late to figure all that out because I've already pushed myself to move on and forget her.

 

It wasn't easy since were two members of the same group, but somehow I've managed with one way that I knew how.

 

I managed to get a boyfriend. Genius huh?

 

No matter how terribly difficult I was, I still forced myself to like him. 

 

He was a cute and a sweet guy with a body as hard as a rock. But he treated me nicely and made me feel his sincerity through the way he acts towards me.

 

He was perfect. Well, almost perfect. There was just one factor about him that kept on bothering me.

 

He was Yuri's best friend. 

 

Shocking huh? It was a LOT to me. 

 

It was never of my intention to use this guy, who is ironically related to my ex, just to make her jealous.

 

But I do want to make her feel a little regretful of what she did to me.

 

Everyday I tried to forget her, no matter how much she invaded my mind 24/7. I kept myself busy with our tight schedules, and sometimes I'd communicate and flirt with my boyfriend every now and then.

 

There are times when we would meet up, chat for a little while, and would eventually end up having an intense make-out.

 

But we never went beyond that. My boyfriend knew too well not to cross the damn line.

 

There was only one and only one person I'd ever allow to surpass kissing.

 

And that person was the first woman I ever loved in my entire life.

 

Kwon Yuri..How come I still obtain these stupid feelings for you?

 

It was quite awkward during the times me and my guy would be in our privacy time at our dorm and then all of a sudden, Yuri would appear and would scold us to take our 'business' somewhere else.

 

But there's something I've noticed about her. 

 

Whenever she'd see us together, her eyes were igniting with jealousy and hate. But the thing that bothered me most of all, was that I saw sadness and regret in her eyes.

 

My heart ached every time she'd walk out after witnessing my intimacy with my boyfriend.

 

They're bestfriends, but ever since he and I started dating, Yuri has been treating him a lot more differently.

 

didn't have to wonder why.

 

---

 

"Kwon Yuri, let's talk."

 

I had no idea where I found such confidence to approach her like that. 

 

It was a Saturday evening and all of us had just gotten home after each of our heavy schedules. Yuri was in the kitchen drinking some water so I followed her once I've made some decisions in my mind.

 

She leaned against the fridge and stared at the floor with the glass on her hand.

 

"What is it this time Jessica?" I cringed at the way she'd call me.

 

When we were together, she'd usually call me by my nickname 'Sica' or my Korean name 'Sooyeon'. 

 

I fiddled with my fingers, having a hard time to gather the right words that I had exactly intended to say. 

 

"What?" She asked again, her tone getting a little impatient. I responded with nothing, my mind getting lost.

 

I heard her sigh a little as she placed the drinking glass on top of the kitchen counter before facing me.

 

"Listen Jessica, I'm really tired right now and I know you are too. So why don't we get some sleep and discuss whatever you want to say tomorrow? Hmm?" She attempted to leave but I quickly stopped her by grabbing her arm.

 

Once I felt her eyes on me, I knew I had to act quick and say something before it's too late.

 

"Wait Yuri." I told her. "Please stay and listen to me."

 

She looked quite surprised with the stern voice that came out from my mouth. I lifted my face and our eyes met, it was like I felt an electric bolt hit me and gave my whole body a shock.

 

I took a deep breath, raking my fingers through my golden brown hair. "Yuri, I've been giving this quite a lot of thought. And I wonder.."

 

She looks at me with such anticipation that it was making it quite harder for me to continue. 

 

"..Are you still in love with me?" That question kept haunting my mind yet it was only now that I've found a chance to ask about it.

 

Yuri looked as if it was her turn to get hit by a lightning bolt. She quickly avoided my eyes and shifted uneasily in her position. "Uh Jessica, I don't think it's the right time to be talking about i--"

 

"Answer me." I said sharply, my eyes darkening at her. 

 

Why? Why is she always trying to find out a way not to face me properly?

 

"Jessica." She was using her eyes and pleading me not to have this type of conversation. "Please, let's just forget about this."

 

"Yuri, what the hell's wrong with you?" She looked completely surprised at my sudden outburst. "What crime did I ever commit for you to treat me this way?"

 

I didn't know what was happening. I was beginning to lose control of myself.

 

Soon enough I found myself hitting her with my fists, warm tears pouring out of my eyes like a waterfall. Yuri stumbled a little backwards, holding my wrists and trying to stop me from hurting her.

 

"Enough Jessica! Enough!" She yelled at me. "I don't love you anymore!"

 

"Just tell me the truth Yuri!" I yelled back at her, my red bloodshot eyes boring into hers. "How could..How could you leave me just like that?" My voice softened, and it soon turned into a barely audible whisper. 

 

I leaned my head against her chest and I could be able to hear the fast beating of her heart. 

 

This heart..Is it still beating for me?

 

I cried against her chest, and Yuri's hands were still grasping onto my wrists. Several members walked in on us, some of them letting out gasps and the rest just wore worriedly confused looks on their faces.

 

"Yuri, Jessica, what's going on here?" Taeyeon, being the good leader that she was, was the first one to speak up.

 

"Nothing's going on." I heard Yuri say. "Jessica is just tired." She gently pushed me off of her and looked straight into my eyes. "You're tired. Better get some rest." 

 

With that final sentence, Yuri walked out, leaving me alone with the other girls.

 

"Sica, is everything okay?" Tiffany walked up to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I looked at her, then at the six other girls, before giving them a weak smile.

 

A smile that was weak enough to break.

 

"I'm fine." I told them and they all sighed with relief, not knowing how badly my heart was hurting in that moment.

 

My eyes trailed towards the door that was leading to the room Yuri was sleeping in.

 

No. Nothing is okay anymore.

 

---

 

After that conversation I had with Yuri, we never talked anymore.

 

I don't know how it happened, but I guess my heart was too angered and broken to even care.

 

For the next few days I've busied myself with my career and my newfound love life.

 

My boyfriend was getting a better image in my head, and I was slowly starting to really open up to him.

 

As for me and Yuri, we were slowly drifting apart. I was once her girl but this time..

 

..I became her bestfriend's girl.

 

But sometimes I'd catch myself asking him about the state of his current relationship with Yuri, and would feel relieved whenever he'd answer by telling me that they're getting along better.

 

He was such a great guy, but no matter how I tried to force my feelings to him, at the end of the day my mind would still be invaded by Yuri.

 

What the heck is up with that girl and she keeps haunting my dreams?

 

One night though, something terrible happened.

 

My boyfriend told me to come over to a certain bar that he often visits. We drank some liquor as we talked, but eventually he became so drunk that he lost control of himself.

 

He started touching and molesting me in a bad way.

 

I tried to tell him to stop, but the alcohol seemed to have taken over his whole brain. 

 

The only thing that I could do was to contact the first person who ever came in mind during that moment of panic and distress

 

She sounded worried to death when I heard her voice over the phone.

 

After a few minutes of trying to bear with my boyfriend's insanity, Yuri rushed in, looking completely pale. she charged towards us and roughly pulled me away from him.

 

We left together that night, Yuri drove silently in our way back home.

 

But we didn't reach home. She took me somewhere else.

 

Once I got off the car, I realized that we were at the place where we had our very first date. 

 

The Han River.

 

Yuri stood a few feet away from me, with her head hung low and her hands stuffed into the pockets of her jeans. As I moved beside her, she surprised me by suddenly grabbing my shoulders and smashing our bodies together in one tight embrace.

 

I was stunned by the sudden gesture, my arms hung loosely on my sides.

 

Yuri buried her face against my shoulder, I could sense her murmuring some words that I couldn't seem to understand.

 

Finally after a few seconds, she pulled away and looked into my eyes. 

 

My heart clenched at the sight of her fresh tears flowing down to her cheeks. It was the first time I've ever seen her cry ever since we broke up.

 

She looks far more different than the cold Kwon Yuri she's been showing to me lately.

 

She looks so...broken.

 

"I was so worried about you." She murmured out. "Once I heard you mention the word alcohol, I instantly knew it was trouble. Taecyeon never really knew how to handle his drinks well." 

 

I stared at her with my big wide eyes. 

 

She grabbed my shoulders again and rested her forehead against mine. "Jessica, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry for messing up. I screwed everything, nothing was ever right since the day I walked out that door."

 

I went silent and let her continue with what she was trying to say.

 

"Honestly, I was confused..and scared. I didn't know what to do. At first I was very confident and ignorant about what other people would think about us.." Everytime she'd pause in the middle of her sentences, a single tear would trickle down her face. "But then I started to get anxious and worried, worried about what kind of future might hold for us."

 

I bit my lower lip, my own eyes starting to sting.

 

"I broke up with you, because I thought I'd make things better. I thought I'd be able to give you a better future without me bugging your life." The tan girl sighed frustratingly as she wiped away some of her tears with the back of her hand. "It turns out that I was wrong. Very wrong."

 

My heart was aching at the sight of her being this way. Why did she only tell me this now? Why now that both of our hearts are already badly injured?

 

"And I blame myself, for letting you end up with a guy who doesn't even deserve you." She continues. "Taecyeon isn't a bad guy Jessica, but I'm afraid he won't be able to take care of you unlike the way I did."

 

"Shh." I shushed, placing my index finger right above her lips. "People make mistakes Yuri."

 

She looks at me surprisingly. "Y-You're not mad?" 

 

I sighed softly. "Yes I was. All I wanted was for you to give me a right reason as to why you'd left me back then. But you never did which left my heart in a state of confusion." Guilt plays across her face again after hearing my words.

 

"But I'm willing, that is if you're willing, to mend all these heartaches and start a new beginning with you." I whisper as I raised my hand to wipe her remaining tears. 

 

Yuri smiled slowly, grabbing my hand and pressing it against her cold cheek. 

 

"Yes, if it's worth anything, I'd be willing to spend an eternity with you, and I'll try my best to make up for all the wrongdoings I've made to you." She responded.

 

We've been there, we've done that. My relationship with Yuri has been one hell of a roller coaster ride.

 

After we broke up, I became her bestfriend's girl.

 

And when we finally made up and decided to start anew, I was once again hers.

 

 

---

 

A/N: BLAH. I feel like such a fail. T^T Mian, if this one-shot is too long. :( It just explains how much I'm in love with YulSic. LOL <3 But honestly the story of this one-shot was a bit difficult for me to compose. I had a lot of mistakes with its drafts before. =.=

Anyways, thank you all for reading my oneshots! It's heart-warming to know that there are people reading my works. :)) Let's spread the SOSHI LOVE~ 

BTW, guys if you have any request of the pairing that you want, just message me or post at my wall. :3 And please kindly continue to comment and tell me your opinions! Kamsahanmida!