11; One Night

Soshified Shots

 

A/N: Here's the YoonFany one-shot for y'all! :]

 

 

 

 

“Hi Tiffany, I was wondering if you already have a date to the dance?”

“Fany-ah, you look beautiful today as usual. Can you be my date for the Halloween dance?”

“Hey. Please be my date to the dance.”

 

“Ugh, this isn’t working.”

 

A frustrated groan escaped Yoona’s lips as she shot her own reflection a glare. For the past twenty minutes she has been practicing these lines to ask a certain girl out as a date to the upcoming Halloween dance. But up to now, she still cannot seem to figure out the perfect approach. Yoona wants it to be romantic, yet not so cheesy. She wanted to look cool and not obviously desperate to have her as a date   

“At this rate, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to ask her.” She let out a heavy sigh while facepalming herself. “Maybe I should just give up.”

“No, you shouldn’t.”

Yoona’s heart stopped beating and her breathing became ragged once she heard that familiar voice behind her. Not wanting to turn around, Yoona closed her eyes for a brief moment and wished that the person who interrupted her isn’t who she thinks she is. But as she opened her eyes and glanced through the mirror, she felt as though all the blood on her face have been drained.

It was exactly the person whom she thought it was.

“F-Fany.” The doe-eyed girl forced herself to turn around in order to give the other girl an obviously awkward smile. “What are you doing here?”

The black haired beauty looked around her surroundings before lifting an eyebrow towards the younger girl. “Why do you look so surprised? This is the ladies’ restroom after all. And it’s open to all the female students here at school. Shouldn’t I be here?” Tiffany questioned back, earning a bashful expression on Yoona’s face.

“Oh right. I’m sorry. I-I just didn’t notice that y-you came in.” Yoona faced the mirror again and frantically searched her pockets for her handkerchief. Her forehead was sweating badly and her cheeks were burning. It always happens whenever she gets herself in sticky situations such as these. But also because the girl whom she was just thinking about asking to the dance earlier was already in the same room as her.

“So.” Tiffany began, startling the taller girl after poking her shoulder. “I see you’ve been frustrated about something earlier. Was it about asking a girl out to the dance?”

Oh crap. She knows! She knows! Yoona mentally panicked, biting her lip as she thought of numerous ways on how to prepare herself for Tiffany’s further questioning. She wouldn’t be able to contain the embarrassment if Tiffany heard her practicing her lines about asking her out to the dance earlier. It would be such a humiliating moment.

“Ah, oh, that? Oh yeah..” Yoona answered stupidly, as she scratches the back of her neck nervously. She could feel the older girl’s warm brown eyes staring at her through the mirror in front of them. But then she cleared and forced herself to look composed and confident. “I was actually planning to..you know, ask this certain girl out.” She really thought that Tiffany already knew that it was her Yoona was referring to.

“Really? Who is she? Is she someone that I know of?” Tiffany asked gleefully.

Yoona’s shoulders dropped upon receiving that reaction from the shorter girl. The half of her was feeling relieved that Tiffany didn’t know that it was her, but the other half of her was really disappointed for she thought that this would be her chance of confessing to her. They’ve been friends since elementary school, from the time they first shared a peanut butter and jelly sandwich together, up to the time they entered the high school life as two very different people.

“She’s…She’s nobody special.” It was all the words that Yoona could forcefully push out of her lips. There was nothing else she could do. It was either she’d ask Tiffany out right there and then and possibly freak her out with a confession, or she should just tuck her feelings away and give up the thought of asking her to be her date to the dance. Yoona thought it was smart of her to have chosen the second option.

“O-Oh.” Tiffany’s mouth formed into a circular shape. There was a certain disappointment that could be heard in the tone of her voice, but Yoona was too stuck in her own thoughts to have even noticed it. Yoona snapped into reality once she felt a sudden nudge on her hip. She looked at Tiffany who was smiling at her cheekily. “But judging by the way you looked so stressed about giving her up earlier, that girl must be someone special hmm?”

Yoona smiled a little as her eyes landed to the sink. “Yeah. Maybe she is.”

 

---

 

Tiffany felt upset.

She didn’t want to feel that way, but she did. This morning she used to be bright and cheerful, but it seemed that her mood changed after she’d just came out of the female public toilet in the cafeteria. She suddenly paused in her tracks once her mind started recalling Yoona’s words from earlier.

“She’s…She’s nobody special.”

Tiffany knew that girl was lying. She knew very well that she was lying because she overheard Yoona talking to herself in the mirror. She heard the girl who seemed to be practicing to ask someone out as a date to the dance. And Tiffany heard her voice, so there’s no mistake that it was actually her whom Yoona’s planning to ask out. But what she doesn’t understand is why Yoona did not grab the chance of officially asking her when they were alone inside the restroom.

She didn’t know why Yoona said that she’s not special.

Tiffany couldn’t help but to allow a certain anger to ignite in her heart. For the past few weeks, she’d been rejecting one guy from another who all attempted to ask her to be their date to the Halloween dance. She all turned them down for one and only one reason only; it’s because she wanted someone special to be her date to the said event. And that special someone is no other than the girl whom she’s been friends with since middle school.

At first, Tiffany tried so hard to deny to herself that she was developing feelings towards someone whom she’s been friends with for so long. But eventually she managed to accept it, and hope everyday that Yoona would be reciprocating the same feelings as well. Tiffany hoped that this dance would be the start of something new for the both of them.

But now that Yoona has given up, Tiffany isn’t sure if that girl is still worth waiting for.

“Hi Fany-ah.” Tiffany’s thoughts were interrupted once she felt someone tapping her shoulder. She turned around and was greeted by a charming smile coming from the star player of their school’s baseball team. He was one of the many people who adored Tiffany a lot. Tiffany forced a smile to form on her lips as she greeted him back in a friendly way. “Hi Donghae-shi.”

“So I was wondering..” He sighed deeply while rubbing the back of his neck. The expression on his face only shows how much he was hesitating to talk to her. Tiffany silently hoped that he wasn’t going to ask her the question that she’s expecting him to ask her. “..Would you please be my date to the Halloween dance?”

And he did it. He asked the question. Now all that’s left for Tiffany to do is to give him an answer.

Tiffany took a deep breath, bracing herself for the pained expression on his face which will eventually appear after she rejects him. She began to think of numerous ways on how to let him down in the nicest way possible. “Donghae, that’s really nice and sweet of you. But—“

Just in time, Yoona came out from the restroom. She was standing a few meters away from them and Tiffany swore her face contorted into a displeased expression once she caught a glimpse of Tiffany and Donghae talking to each other. Tiffany smirked inwardly, knowing that this might be her chance to make Yoona regret of not asking her to be her date. Tiffany lunges herself forward to the guy before her before wrapping her arms around his neck as they shared a tight embrace.

Not only Donghae was taken aback by the sudden skinship, but also the doe-eyed girl who was watching them from afar as well.

“Of course Donghae! I’d love to be your date to the dance! I’ve been waiting all this time for you to ask me.” Tiffany exclaimed in the flirtiest way possible. She then pulled away to stare into Donghae’s eyes. The guy smiled back, snaking his own arms around Tiffany’s waist.

Tiffany almost laughed after witnessing Yoona glare at them for a second before walking away.

Now that’s the kind of reaction that I wanted to see. Tiffany thought to herself. Now let’s just hope I made the right decision.

---

 

“So, what are you planning to be at the Halloween ball?”

“I’m not going.”

Yoona tried to focus on the novel that she was reading in order to avoid the questioning look that her friend was giving her. She gasped when her book was suddenly grabbed away from her and before she could even take it back, it was already sent flying across the bedroom. Yoona narrowed her eyes at the tan girl who was sprawled across her bed. “Yuri! What did you do that for?”

“What do you mean you’re not going?” Yuri shot her a quizzical look as she lifted herself off the mattress. “Yoona, we’ve been talking about this dance for weeks. Both of us are aware that you’re looking forward to this more than I am. And besides, didn’t you say that you’re gonna take this dance as a chance for you to confess to that girl you’ve been madly in love with?”

“I am not in love with her.” Yoona retorted, picking up her book from the floor. “I just…I just like her lot.”

“Tch. Yeah, like that’s any different.” The older girl rolled her eyes.

“Whatever. I’m not going.” Yoona stated firmly as she sat on the carpeted floor and went back to reading her book. Yuri sighed loudly as she sat on the floor right besides the girl who was reading. “But Yoona, you have to go. You can’t miss an event like this for the world.” The older girl stated, but was only ignored since the younger one was too busy reading her novel. “Yoona, pay attention to me. Don’t make me throw that book outside the window this time.” She threatened.

Yoona glanced at her for a moment before giving up and placing the book aside. “Ugh. Fine.”

“So what is this about suddenly not going to the dance huh?” Yuri asked. “Yesterday you were so giddy and excited about getting yourself a costume. But now you’re suddenly saying that you don’t want to go anymore. What the heck?”

“I just..I just don’t feel like going anymore.”

“Why not?”

“I just don’t want to!”

“Well there must be a better reason than that!”

“There’s not!”

“Is this about Tiffany?” Once that question came up, Yoona suddenly went silent. Yuri’s eyes grew wider as she finally understands her friend’s current situation. She leans a little closer towards the younger girl and asks, “Wait, it is about her. But did you ask her out already? Did she reject you? Is that why you’re acting like this right now?”

Yoona sighed deeply, shaking her head a little. “Enough with the questions Yul. You’re giving me a headache.”

“Then take your time and answer them one by one. I may be such a dickhead sometimes but you know well that I’m a pretty good listener.” Yuri gave her a soft smile and a gently squeeze on the shoulder. “Now open up and tell me.”

Yoona smiled back a little, before taking a deep breath. It’s true that she’d been gloomy all day and it was all because of the girl who was bugging her mind constantly. The girl who’d unknowingly broken her heart by agreeing to some random guy to be her date to the dance. That scene kept replaying in Yoona’s mind and it wasn’t making her feel any better.

“It’s all my fault.” Yoona suddenly confesses, hanging her head low. “I should’ve asked her when I had the chance. I should’ve never let my anxieties eat me up in the first place.”

“What happened?” Yuri started rubbing her back in a soothing manner.

“We were in the restroom and, I almost asked her to be my date.” Yoona continued. “But, fear went ahead of me again and I suddenly lost the confidence to do it. And what’s worse, I saw a guy asking her to be his date and she said yes. She actually looked pretty happy back there.”

Yuri nodded her head slowly, showing how much she’s understanding the younger girl’s words. “I see. So is this the reason why you’re backing out from the dance then?” When the younger girl replied with a nod, a soft sigh escaped Yuri’s lips. She then raised her hand and used it to hit Yoona roughly at the back of her head. Yoona winced at the sudden gesture and looked at her friend questioningly.

“Yuri! What the hell?!”

“You deserved that, to be honest.” Yuri remarks, rolling her eyes in the process. “Seriously, I mean, how could an academic student achiever like you be so stupid in real life?”

“Please get to the point.”

“Oh come on, you shouldn’t have let go of her! Tiffany’s not at fault here since you never asked her in the first place. She had a right to say yes to that guy. She couldn’t just mindlessly wait for you to ask her out you know.” Yuri explained while waving her hands frantically in the air. “Man, if I were you, I would’ve already grabbed her waist, kissed her, and then asked her to be my date to the dance.”

“That’s easy for you to say. You’re a person with a hundred percent built confidence and overflowing charisma. I’m not someone like you.” Yoona mumbles grumpily as she crosses her arms over her chest.

“Hey, being timid and overly shy is not so bad.” Yuri states. “You just need a little hit on the head in order to gain some proper thinking, you know?”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. Actually you’re also right about what you said earlier.” Yoona raises her own hand and used it to slap Yuri across the face. The older girl was completely shocked about the sudden violence that she received. “You’re a pretty good listener. That’s why you should do less of the talking from now on.”

“O-Okay.” Yuri nodded, unaware of the red handprint that appeared on her cheek.

Yoona giggled at her friend’s expression. “But seriously, thanks Yuri. You did knock up some sense into me. Maybe I shouldn’t give up just yet.”

“You shouldn’t. I believe you still have a chance.” Yuri stated in a serious tone before a mischievous grin appears on her face. “Now why don’t you grab yourself some costume and get your girl!”

 

---

It was the night of the Halloween dance.

All of the students arrived at the said event wearing each of their own unique costumes. Some of the popular kids wore fine costumes which were made from expensive fabrics and silks, while the others wore costumes from a simple not-trying-be-noticed style up to the most unbelievable and extremely standing out costumes.

Tiffany had just arrived, earning a lot of stares from most of the students. Who wouldn’t stare at her when she’s wearing an awfully glamorous ‘Jessica Rabbit’ costume with a massive hint of iness on it. Tiffany never intended to wear something that would gain attention from others, but her sister forced her to wear this so she had no choice. She could only greet their amazed stares by flashing and amazingly breath-taking smile, only causing them to stare at her for a little while longer.

She squeezed herself through the crowd and made her way towards the snacks corner where she decided to grab herself some punch.

“Hey there beautiful.” Tiffany didn’t even have to turn around to know who it was. Before she could say anything, she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her waist as a body pressed against her back. Tiffany could feel his nose brushing against her neck and it was making her feel a little uncomfortable. “You don’t only look good, you smell amazing too.” He chuckled lowly into her ear.

Tiffany grabbed his arms and released herself from his grip. She turned around and faced him with a smirk on her face. “You don’t look so bad yourself, superman.” She eyed the visible six pack abs that could be seen because of the tightness of his superhero costume. Donghae smiles as he laughs charmingly. “Yeah, I never planned on wearing something like this at all. It’s kind of lame.” He stated.

“I don’t know. I think it suits you very well.” Tiffany complimented. She really had no idea on how she would spend the night with this guy. She never wanted to be his date in the first place.

“Do you wanna dance?” He asked when the dj started playing disco music. Before she responded, Tiffany’s eyes searched around the place as if she was looking for someone. She then thought that maybe that person would not appear at all.

But deep down inside her heart, Tiffany still wished that she’d come.

“Tiff?” Donghae began waving his hand in front of Tiffany’s face as the girl already began spacing out. Tiffany blinked her eyes and snapped into reality. She looked at Donghae and gave him a small smile. “Sure. Let’s dance.” He held her hand and started leading her towards the dancefloor where all sorts of students were shamelessly dancing their hearts out to the beat of the music.

Tiffany watched as Donghae started to dance. She didn’t like him at all, but he did look a bit charming and more handsome as he dances. She found it awkward to be just standing there while watching her partner dance so eventually she followed along. Their eyes never left each other as they danced. Tiffany was slowly enjoying herself and she continued to drown herself into the rhythm of the music that kept blasting into her ears.

Soon enough she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her again. She opened her eyes and the guy she was with was no longer in front of her anymore. Instead, he was standing right behind her as he started grinding his hips along with hers. Tiffany felt suddenly uncomfortable with their sudden closeness, but nevertheless she let him do what he wants. They danced with their bodies swaying together, and soon enough Tiffany could feel his hands roaming around to the other parts of her body. That made her stop her dancing as she turned around to face him.

“I-I’m tired. I’m gonna go and get us some drink.” Tiffany attempted to make an excuse to leave. She was about to walk out when she suddenly felt a tug at her wrist.

“No. You’re not leaving. We’re not done dancing yet.” Donghae protested with a sly smile on his face.

“But Donghae—“

“Forget about the drinks. Let’s just enjoy the night together.” He whispered roughly into her ear as she pulled her forcefully towards him, causing her body to crash against his. Donghae smirks as he grabs her waist firmly, tight enough for her not to be able to squirm herself free from his grip.

“Donghae—“ Tiffany was about to protest again but she cut herself off once her eyes made it towards the entrance of the gym where she saw a newcomer. But it wasn’t just any newcomer.

It’s the person Tiffany had been wishing to see at this moment.

 

---

 

“Come on Yoona.”

“But I don’t want to go in!”

“Don’t be such a baby. We’re already here, so there’s no way for you to back out.”

“But I look ridiculous?”

“You’re kidding me right? You have no idea how absolutely gorgeous and drop dead y you are right now. I’m pretty sure all of the people’s jaws would drop to the floor once you show yourself to them.”

“Yuri, I don’t think this is a good idea.”

“Is that the thanks I get after helping you to get through all of these? The best thing you could do for me now is to get inside that gym and flaunt your y off.”

“But I—“ Once Yoona attempted to protest again, Yuri threw her a knowing glare. The younger girl sighed heavily as her shoulders dropped in defeat. “Fine.”

The older girl smiled before wrapping an arm around her friend’s shoulders. “Now that’s the spirit. We better head inside, I’m excited to show off our costumes!”

The two girls entered the place with their heads held up high. Yoona’s breathing hitched once a hundred pairs of eyes landed upon them. She couldn’t helpt but to feel a lump on since it was the first time she received such attention from others.

“You look beautiful Yoona.” Yuri whispered gently into her ear as they continued to walk inside.

Yuri was wearing a cute yet stylish cowgirl costume with a matching boots. Yoona, on the other hand, was wearing a black widow costume. The leather fabric was tight and it hugged her body perfectly, showing off her curves and s-line figure in a wonderful angle. She also wore a mask for her eyes, making her look quite mysterious and even more attractive to the eye. Yoona bit her lip and slightly lowered her head as they passed by the other people who kept on staring at her.

“Yuri, people are staring!” Yoona whispered sharply as they made it to the snacks corner.

“That’s the idea Yoong.” Yuri smiled at her. “No one can’t resist you. You look freaking y right now.”

“Would you please stop that? I am not used to hearing those things.” Yoona covered her ears playfully. The two bestfriends drank some punch for a while until something caught Yuri’s eyes. She furiously tugged on Yoona’s arm before pointing towards the middle of the dancefloor.

“Hey Yoong, I don’t want to ruin your night, but I think you should check that out.” Yoona’s eyes followed the direction as to where the older girl was pointing out. Eventually her gaze fell upon two people who were dancing in the middle of the dance floor. Yoona’s eyes widened upon recognizing the girl. Her eyes narrowed and her fists clenched upon noticing that the guy wasn’t dancing in an appropriate way anymore.

“Hey, where are you going?” Yuri asked once Yoona dropped her cup and attempted to walk towards the hundreds of students dancing around the dance floor. Yoona turned and flashed an unusually confident smile at her friend.

“I’m doing what I’m supposed to do for tonight my friend.” Yoona grinned. “I’m going to go to that dance floor and grab the girl of my dreams.”

 

---

 

“Donghae, let’s stop. I’m serious now.”

“Hey, you agreed to be my date. You should listen to what I say.”

“I’m your date, not your slave!”

“Stop being such a stubborn brat and dance with me!”

“I don’t want to dance anymore! My feet are already killing me!”

“You and your ing complaints!” Tiffany gasped once he suddenly grabbed her arm and started pulling her out of the crowd. She tried her best to yell at him to release her but he wouldn’t listen. Donghae continued to drag Tiffany out until they made it inside a storage room where no one else could see them. He slightly pushed her against the wall which earned a slight whimper from her.

“There! We’re done dancing!” He yelled furiously. Tiffany looked at him and noticed that his eyes seemed kind of glassy. He wasn’t the same guy who asked her out in a sweet way. He seemed to be a guy who’d already gulped down more than seven glasses of beer. She only realized it when she smelled his breath and it stinked of alcohol. “Now that I obliged to your request, I expect you to fulfil mine.”

Tiffany staggered a bit backwards as he started to move towards her.

“D-Donghae..Please..Let’s just go back to the dancefloor.” Fear was starting to rise up in her. She started to regret the fact that she agreed to be his date in the first place. Tiffany hated herself for making such a stupid mistake.

“No more dancing you said.” Donghae smiled innocently as he was now an inch away from her and the distance between them will soon no longer exist. “And besides, I like it better here. There’s no noise. There’s only you..and me.”

He was about to lean forward and to launch his lips right onto hers when all of a sudden, the door banged open. It only took a few seconds for Donghae to be roughly pulled away from Tiffany. She watched in shock as Donghae was sent colliding down against the marbled floor. Her eyes glanced up to see the face of her rescuer.

And in that very instant, Tiffany felt her heart skip a beat.

“Get out of here.” Yoona suddenly yelled at her before throwing a disgusted look at Donghae. “I’ll handle him for a while.”

“B-But—“

“Out!”

Tiffany got pushed out of the storage room and had no choice but to remain outside. She stayed where she was and waited for ten minutes. After those short minutes which seemed like an eternity to her, she heard the door open and out came Yoona who was breathing heavily. Tiffany quickly approached her with a worried look on her face.

“What happened back there?” She asked frantically.

“Just relax. It’s not like I did something to him.”

Tiffany’s eyes were curious. “You didn’t kill him, did you?” The younger girl only laughed at her silly question.

“I can’t believe you’re still worried about him after what he just attemped to do to you.” Yoona shut once she felt Tiffany’s warm hands pressing against her cold cheeks. Her heart stopped beating and her breathing hitched, their eyes were locked into one intense gaze and Yoona thought that she’ll never be able to look away.

“Don’t be silly.” Tiffany remarked with a cute frown. “I wasn’t worried about him. I was more worried about you.” Yoona was left speechless once Tiffany suddenly pulled her in for a tight embrace. The shorter girl’s arms were locked around her neck so she instinctively wrapped her own around her waist. She buried her face into Tiffany’s bare shoulder and inhaled her intoxicating scent.

“This is all my fault Tiffany. I know I should’ve asked you sooner—“ Yoona cut herself off as they both pulled away from their brief but long-lasting hug. They looked into each others’ eyes and exchanged the same smiles. “I’m sorry. I should’ve told you about my feelings when I had the chance.”

“Don’t be. What all matters now is that you’re here with me.” Tiffany smiles brightly, slipping her hand into Yoona’s and their fingers interwined. “Shall we dance for the whole night?”

“I shall be honoured.”

Their lips met in that very moment. As they kissed rather sensually, Tiffany took this moment to remove the mask on Yoona’s face while the younger girl pulled their bodies closer that it can possibly ever be.They never pulled away from each other, so they never did make it to the dance floor that night.

 

---

 

The next day, Yoona went to school as usual. 

But the only difference was that she didn't go to school alone this time. As she entered the campus, all eyes fell on her and on the bright and cheerful girl who was holding onto her hand tightly as they walked in together. 

"Hey Fany, don't you think it's a little weird that they're staring at us?" Yoona still feels a little awkward with all the attention she's been getting. But the older girl who was clinging tightly onto her only flashed her an assuring smile. She squeezed the taller girl's hand while saying, "Don't worry, you'll get used to it."

Just as the couple were about to head towards their classrooms, a certain tan girl suddenly rushed and approached them.

"Hey guys! Have you heard about it?" Yuri asked in between her heavy breaths.

"About what?" Tiffany asked.

Yuri grinned mischievously. "Donghae was found this morning at the storage room at the gym. He was lying on the floor without anything on except for his underwear." She exclaimed with a huge fit of laughter that she didn't managed to prevent from escaping.

Hearing this, Tiffany turned to narrow her eyes at her girlfriend. All of sudden, Yoona became innocent and decided to look somewhere else in order to avoid the older girl's piercing stare. 

"What?" Yoona asked as though she was clueless.

"You stripped his clothes off before leaving him inside? That's mean Im Yoona." Tiffany snorted, although a smile was starting to form on her lips. "Really, really mean." She then tiptoed on her feet in order to plant a soft kiss on the taller girl's cheek. 

"Hey, I did that for a reason." Yoona smiled back. "He stole my girl. I just took back what's rightfully mine."

 

---

 

A/N: The end! HAHA, I feel lame. T__T I hope you guys like this Yoona/Tiffany shot anyway. :3 

Next up will be the 2nd shot of TaeNy! There will be more Soshi pairings to come soon and I'll post their plots tomorrow or some time else within this week. 

After TaeNy, there'll probably be YoonYul. :DD 

Thanks to those who subscribed and commented! Please continue to support this fic! ^^