03; May I Have This Dance?

Soshified Shots

 

"03; May I Have This Dance?"

 

 

Title: May I Have This Dance?

Pairing: YulTi

Genre: Fluff/Romance

 

 

 

"I'm afraid the sudden fall had caused her leg to have a fracture. Ms. Hwang will have to stay in bed and rest for more than a week or so. Please also give her the prescribed medication and do not allow her to move around too much."

 

 

 

---

 

"For the hundredth time Yuri, I told you I'm not going."

 

The gloomy brunette was sitting straight up on her queen-sized bed, her back leaning against the headboard. Her arms were folded over her chest and the lunch meal that was well-prepared on a tray before her remained untouched.

 

Tiffany scoffed. "What's the point of me going anyway? Can anyone be able to dance with this leg? Heck, I can't even stand up on my own feet!" 

 

The other girl inside the room remained silent as she continued to listen to her girlfriend's usual ramblings. Yuri was standing by the window, glancing down at the view of the neighborhood down below.

 

"If you're not going, I won't either." Were the words that came out from the younger girl's lips.

 

Tiffany's face crossed as she looked at Yuri. "What do you mean you're not going?"

 

The black-haired girl turned around and flashed a gentle smile, a smile so charming that it would instantly melt anyone's heart. "I'm not going, not without you Tiffany. What's the point of me going if you're not even there?"

 

"Are you crazy? You're not going just because of me?" The older girl was obviously not happy with her girlfriend's decision. She rolled her eyes and scoffed again. "Don't be stupid Yuri. I'm not worth cancelling your prom for."

 

Yuri sighed softly. She expected that they were going to have this kind of argument again. Every single time she visits Tiffany in her room, they would always end up having some sort of disagreement about something.

 

Ever since Tiffany injured her leg, she has become more stubborn and has been acting strangely cold.

 

Yuri missed the old Tiffany. But she understood her girlfriend's current situation, and she was willing to do anything to make Tiffany's depression go away.

 

"A prom only happens in highschool Yuri. You can't miss it for the world just because of your pitiful girlfriend who isn't capable of going." Tiffany muttered. 

 

The taller and slightly tanned girl made her way towards the bed and sat herself besides the grumbling figure. She leaned a bit closer towards Tiffany and placed a hand over hers.

 

Suddenly a warm feeling spread throughout Tiffany's body. A feeling that she's been missing quite a lot.

 

She lifted her face and met Yuri's eyes that were full of concern. Tiffany broke the eye contact and looked away, much to the younger girl's dismay.

 

"You should go." Tiffany stated.

 

"Not without you." Yuri counterfired.

 

"Why are you being stubborn Yuri?" 

 

"Why are you being stubborn too? It doesn't matter if you can't walk, I'll be willing to assist you! I'd carry you if that's what you want!"

 

"That's not the point Yuri!" Tiffany's loud voice echoed across the entire room. Everything went silent, except for the soft breathings the two girls would exhale. 

 

They were looking at each others' eyes, both throwing furious stares at each other.

 

"I...I don't want to be such a burden to you." Tiffany finally says after a moment of silence. Tears started trickling down her face, her eyes gazing over to where her right leg which was wrapped up with a cast. "I don't want to burden you.."

 

Yuri's facial expression softened as she witnessed her girlfriend crying. She sighed before engulfing Tiffany into a warm embrace, wrapping her arms securely around the older girl's waist.

 

"You're not a burden Fany-ah." Yuri whispered gently. "You never were and you never will be."

 

"Yuri-ah.." Tiffany tried to pull away but Yuri only tightened her arms around her.

 

The younger girl buried her face onto Tiffany's shoulders. "Please Tiffany, let's just stay this way for now. I missed your embrace so much."

 

Tiffany remained in her position. "Just promise me that you'll attend the prom."

 

"But Fany--" Yuri pulled away from the hug and was about to protest against the other girl's idea.

 

"Promise me," Tiffany glared at her. 

 

Yuri hesitated for a while but eventually she gave in to her girlfriend's request. She sighed heavily and bobbed her head up and down.

 

---

 

It was a Saturday evening, the night the school prom was about to take over. 

 

Tiffany was in her room as usual, lying on her bed as she watched some television. She was feeling a whole lot upset than ever, upset at the fact that she wasn't able to attend a special occasion that she could've gone to with her girlfriend.

 

Speaking of her girlfriend, Yuri hasn't appeared in her room for the entire day. 

 

Not even a single phone call or a text message.

 

Maybe she really is busy with the prom. Tiffany sighs out loud, grabbing one of her Totoro dolls and throwing it off somewhere across the room out of frustration. 

 

Now she was starting to regret a little about forcing Yuri to attend the prom.

 

I miss her already.

 

Thinking about it, Tiffany felt guilty about the way she treated her girlfriend lately. Yuri has been such a good girlfriend to her, always tending to her needs and trying her best to put a smile on her face. 

 

Every day after school Yuri would drop off at Tiffany's house and even would spend the night here sometimes, just so that she could watch over Tiffany.

 

But Tiffany did nothing but to act cold and harsh towards her girlfriend. She even tried pushing Yuri away a few times.

 

But I only did that because I didn't want her to be with me in this kind of way. I didn't want her to see me like this. I didn't want her to feel pity for me. I didn't want to be so useless to her.

 

Tiffany groans out loudly, grabbing a pillow and using it to hit her face. The guilt was eating her up and her heart was missing Yuri like crazy.

 

I miss her touch, her kisses, her hugs, her voice, her presence, her everything...

 

Her trembling hand reached out for her mobile phone which was resting on the side table. At first she was hesitant to do so, but eventually she found herself speed dialing Yuri's number.

 

Tiffany wanted to stop what she was doing, but she already pressed the phone against her ear and heard the other line ringing.

 

The phone rang thrice, but there was no answer.  

 

Tiffany was about to give up but before she could even hang up, the person on the other line had answered the call.

 

"Hello?"

 

Her heart immediately skipped a beat to the sound of her girlfriend's voice.

 

"Hello? Tiffany? Are you there baby?"

 

Tiffany was too busy spacing out that she'd forgotten why she called in the first place.

 

"Y-Yuri." Tiffany finally responded.

 

It has been quite a while since she felt her heart racing again. She could also sense the butterflies in her stomach as she imagined Yuri smiling after hearing her voice.

 

"You called. What's up?"

 

Tiffany wondered why background of the other line sounded so quiet, as if Yuri was alone in her room. Yuri attended the prom, but why did it sound so quiet on the other line?

 

"You're at the prom right?" Tiffany asked. "Why does it sound so quiet?"

 

She heard some shuffling coming from the other line, followed by a small squeal coming from Yuri. Tiffany tensed as she realized that something happened.

 

"Yuri! Are you okay?!" 

 

Another shuffling came but after a few seconds Yuri cleared . "I'm okay baby, just tripped over something that's all." Hearing Yuri chuckle made Tiffany yearn for her even more. "Oh the prom? Well, it turns out that I came earlier than everyone."

 

Tiffany made an 'O' sound with as her other hand fiddled with the bedsheets.

 

An awkward silence fell upon them. 

 

"So..Did you miss me already?" Yuri's voice broke the ice. "Regretting the fact that you made me attend this prom?"

 

"Anniyo." Tiffany answered abruptly. "I wanted you to attend that prom. "

 

"'Wanted' is a past tense of a word. Does that mean you don't want me to attend this prom now?" Yuri asked. Tiffany mentally cursed her girlfriend's wit. She could hear the younger girl chuckling softly. "What made my baby change her mind?"

 

Baby. Tiffany was always fond of that nickname.

 

"Shut up Yuri." Tiffany snarled. But then she let out a few sighs afterwards, eventually spilling out the truth. "Yuri-ah."

 

"Yes my princess?"

 

"I miss you." Tiffany's voice came out in a meek way, and she sounded way too shy to say it. She cleared loudly before adding, "And also, I love you Yuri."

 

There came no response. Tiffany became nervous, wondering if her girlfriend had already hung up or if the line connection was lost. But once she heard her girlfriend's raspy chuckle, Tiffany let out a small sigh of relief.

 

"You know I love you too Fany. And I miss you a thousand times more."

 

The brunette's cheeks showed a tint of red. The younger girl never failed to flare her cheeks and cause her heart to race so much.

 

"I'm sorry too Yuri." 

 

"If you are sorry, then come out to your balcony."

 

"W-What?" Tiffany was surprised by her girlfriend's sudden command. "What do you mean?"

 

"Just do it Fany-ah. Come out to your balcony and see. I know you can do it." 

 

Tiffany thought that it was absurd since she cannot even help her own self to stand up. But before she can open to say anything, the line already went dead. Tiffany threw her phone away and groaned.

 

What does this girl want me to do?

 

Just in time, the door swinged open and a figure appeared at the doorway. Tiffany turned and saw her younger sister standing by with a smile on her face.

 

"Sulli-ah, what are you--" Tiffany got cut off when her sister suddenly walked up to her and helped her to get out of bed. "Yah! Hwang Sulli what do you think you're doing?"

 

Sulli continued to drag her sister towards the balcony. Once they came out, the two of them leaned against the railings to see what was waiting for Tiffany below.

 

"What's...going on?" Tiffany became confused.

 

Below on their backyard, pink rose petals were scattered all over the green grass, forming certain words that contained a message;

 

I LOVE YOU TIFFANY HWANG. WILL YOU BE MY PROM DATE?

 

Tiffany covered with her hand to prevent a gasp from escaping. She turned to her sister who just flashed her a big smile of approval while giving her a thumbs up.

 

"You know unnie, I really am amazed at the way she puts a lot of effort in making you smile. You should be thankful." Sulli then exited the room and left Tiffany all by herself.

 

But just then..

 

"Hi baby."

 

Tiffany felt a pair of arms snaking around her waist. She turned around and was welcomed by Yuri's charming smile, the smile that made her realize that she's fallen in love all over again.

 

"Y-Yuri.." Tiffany was speechless. "I-I thought you're at the prom?"

 

Yuri smiled even more as she brought her hand up to caress Tiffany's rosy cheek. "I am at the prom Tiffany."

 

The younger girl leaned closer to Tiffany, just to softly plant a kiss on the older girl's plump lips.

 

"You are my prom, Tiffany." 

 

Tiffany didn't have to say anything at all. A simple smile from her was enough to warm Yuri's heart. Yuri took Tiffany's hands and placed them both behind her neck.

 

"What are you doing?" Tiffany asked as Yuri placed Tiffany's feet over hers. "Yuri, I'm heavy--"

 

"It's okay. Let's just stay this way." Yuri smiled as she positioned her own hands on her girlfriend's waist. "May I have this dance, Tiffany Hwang?"

 

Tiffany stared at her for a second before a wide smile slowly spread across her face.

 

"Yes, yes you may."

 

They danced throughout the night, just holding in each other's arms and with Tiffany's feet laying on top of Yuri's. 

 

There was no music.

 

They never needed any.

 

Tiffany can't walk. But who says she can't dance?

 

Yuri will be there to guide her as they shared their prom dance together.

 

Finally Yuri accomplished her mission of bringing a smile to her girlfriend's face.

 

"Yuri?" Tiffany called out sweetly as they danced.

 

"Yes?"

 

Tiffany leaned forward to capture her girlfriend's lips in hers. As they shared a soft but sensual kiss, colorful fireworks started shooting up in the sky right above them.

 

"I love you." Tiffany whispers breathlessly as they parted from the kiss.