15; Substitute Date

Soshified Shots

 

 

"WAAAH! I can't believe he did this to me!"

 

Jessica watched with a bored expression while her best friend threw her tantrums around the living room of her apartment. Seeing her friend of seven years flail her arms with a frustrated look on her face wasn't an unusual sight for her. Although Tiffany's whinings were a little annoying, Jessica had found the girl amusingly cute in a way. 

"Are you just going to sit there and stare? Aren't you even going to comfort me?" Tiffany landed her gaze at the ice princess who was sitting comfortably on the couch. Jessica was lost into those lovely pair of brown orbs for a moment, but soon enough she snapped back into reality. 

Jessica made her way towards the other girl who was sprawled across the floor. She sat down next to her before wrapping an arm around her shoulders. 

"Well what do you expect me to do? Go to his house, kidnap him, and force him to go on this date with you?" Jessica asked softly as she looked into the other's eyes. Tiffany flashed her a hopeful expression, captivating the blonde even more with her beauty. "Really? Can you do that?" 

Jessica sighed as she rolled her eyes. Her tone of sarcasm never works on her best friend. 

"Of course not you idiot." Jessica mumbles quietly. She felt as though she wanted to hit Tiffany on the back of her head. "There's nothing we could do about it. You said so yourself that he texted you and he had an excuse that's proper enough to reason out his absence."

Tiffany's hopeful state dissappears and her grumpy nature returns. She crossed her arms over her chest and stared at the ground with furious eyes. "But he texted me on the last minute. He made me wait for an hour and my feet ached from standing outside the street."

Jessica's facial expression softens. She felt a little sorry for Tiffany because it hurts her to see her bestfriend in this kind of state. On the other hand, she mostly feels happy for this means she wouldn't have to be worried about getting jealous through the night with Tiffany's date troubling her mind. 

In case you haven't noticed yet, Jessica's in love with her bestfriend. 

At first she couldn't believe it herself, especially when she's the type of person who never believed in love. When Jessica entered highschool, she rejected every single guy that tried to ask her out. She never experienced dating or anything that was related to stomach-churning and toe-curling romances. She thought that maybe she wasn't just attracted to the male species, but it turns out that there was something deeper.

She was in fact, in love with the girl whom she's been friends with for seven years.

But of course Jessica never made a move, despite of dropping hints every now and then whenever she had the chance. It wasn't her fault that Tiffany was a really that dense. 

And it definitely wasn't her fault that Tiffany was the kind of person who seemed impossible to return her feelings.

"I hate him." Tiffany's words broke her out of her thoughts. Jessica glanced at her best friend and saw tears beginning to form on the corners of the younger girl's eyes. 

Yeah. Me too. Jessica thought mentally.

"Hey, hey." Tiffany started tearing up and Jessica took this chance to cup both of her cheeks. "Look at me." She forced the younger girl to look at her in the eye. Jessica's heart skipped a beat and her mind went black once Tiffany met her gaze. She was about to say something but Tiffany's beautiful eyes had cut her off. "Uhm. Yeah. Like that." 

Jessica had to gather enough courage to stop herself from kissing the girl in front of her.

"Don't cry. He doesn't deserve your tears." Jessica used her thumb to gently wipe away the cold tears on her cheeks. "But you shouldn't say that you hate him. I'm pretty sure he's regretting his decision every minute now. If I were him, I'd never miss out on a wonderful date with the most wonderful girl in the world no matter what. There are many people who'd be dying just to be in his place."

Like me.

"Jessi.." Tiffany wiped away her remaining tears. "Isn't it the time for you to rant at me for acting immaturely just now?"

Jessica chuckled softly at the question. "You have every right to act how you want to. You can be the most immature person in the world, but you'll still be the most wonderful girl a person like me could have as a best friend." 

Tiffany was taken aback. The older girl's words had wiped out the thoughts of her boyfriend and she'd forgotten about how mad she was. She just sat there and stared at the gorgeous blonde before her, not even sure if it was the same sarcastic ice princess Jessica Jung that she'd been friends with for years. 

"What? Did I say too much?" Jessica asked with a shy smile.

It was only then that Tiffany noticed how beautiful Jessica was. She always thought that Jessica's younger sister, Krystal, was prettier than her. But looking at Jessica now, she realized that her thoughts were proved to be wrong. Tiffany snapped back into reality when Jessica started shaking her shoulders.

"Hey, you okay?" 

Tiffany blinked. "Yeah. Never better." 

Jessica's smile grew wider. "Whew. It's good that you're all better now. I really had this crazy idea of going with you to that date instead of your boyfriend just to put a smile to your face." The older girl shakes her head and laughs as if it was the most insane thing in the world. "Now that you're smiling and all better, I guess I don't have to."

Tiffany stared at Jessica with a stunned expression. It was as if something had hit her mind on the spot.

"Jessi.." Tiffany's lips slowly curved upwards into a naughty smile. She s her arms around the older girl's petite waist and rested her chin on Jessica's shoulder. "About your crazy idea.."

Jessica wasn't sure whether she should regret suggesting that idea or not.

---

Jessica never expected to be standing outside her bestfriend's house.

Well, it wasn't unusual for her to be visiting Tiffany in her lovely home. But her intention today was different from before. She wasn't here as Tiffany Hwang's best friend, but as her substitute date for the whole day.

Substitute date. That's what Jessica decided to label herself as. 

She didn't even realize the front gate opening since she was too focused with her ongoing nervousness. Her palms were becoming sweaty and her breathing was unstable. It was Jessica's first time to be feeling this way and she disliked it for she felt vulnerable.

"Hi Jessi!" 

"Holy mother of--" Jessica bit her tongue in order to prevent herself from cursing out. She nearly jumped when she felt someone's presence from behind her. She turned around and faced that person with a hand over her pounding chest. "Yah! Don't do that! You scared the hell out of me." Jessica whined cutely.

Tiffany beamed an apologetic smile. "Sorry. How come you're standing out here right now? Are you that eager to see me to have come all the way here just to pick me up?"

Jessica wanted to say yes. "Of course not! I was just being considerate. I didn't want to burden you by picking me up at my apartment especially when it's far from here." Jessica looked away when Tiffany shot her a smirk. She didn't like that kind of expression, because it makes her feel as if Tiffany can see through her.

"Jessica Jung? The lazy girl who wouldn't bother to lift a finger being considerate? Doesn't that sound a little too weird?" Tiffany asked. 

Jessica glared at her. "Look. If you're just going to tease me all day then we should just forget about this. I'm going home." She was only able to take one step when a hand suddenly gripped onto her wrist. Jessica was supposed to be upset, but one touch from Tiffany had her emotions away in an instant.

"I'm sorry." Tiffany cooed in a melodic voice. "I swear to never tease you from this day onward. Just don't..don't leave me."

Jessica's heart fluttered at Tiffany's pleading voice. As ridiculous as it sounds, she really liked it whenever Tiffany begs or pleads her for something. It makes her feel as though Tiffany needs her so badly. Tiffany's words had a huge effect on her so it didn't take long for her to turn around and face the other girl.

"I won't leave you." 

"You won't?"

They didn't even realize that their eyes were glued to each other. The distance between them was slowly enclosing and Jessica only noticed it when they were an inch away from each other. 

"Race you to the bus stop!" Jessica suddenly turned around and sprinted out to the street. Tiffany stood there, not expecting the older girl's randomness. But keeping in mind that Jessica was never good at running, she knew she didn't have to exert much effort.

"Right behind you Jessi!" Tiffany soon chased after her.

---

"Loser."

"Cheater."

"Denial."

"Show off."

Tiffany could not believe it. She never thought a not-so-athletic person like Jessica would be so fast in running. The older girl beat her and made it to the bus stop earlier than her, while Tiffany only arrived two minutes later. While on the bus, Jessica was teasing her all throughout. 

"That should serve as a reminder that you can't ever underestimate me so easily." Jessica states proudly. "I never told you this, but I used to be a member of the soccer team."

Tiffany stares at her disbelievingly. "Really? How come there are so many things that I don't know about you?"

Jessica lightly shrugged her shoulders before shooting her a small smile. "Let's use this day to know each other better then." Tiffany could only reciprocate the smile. 

Just in time the bus had stopped. Most of the passengers started leaving and so was the Tiffany and Jessica. Tiffany was the first one to get up from their seat and grabbed Jessica's hand before interwining their fingers. Jessica felt her heart skip another beat, and she stole a glimpse at the younger girl's reaction. Tiffany reacted normally, as if their hand-holding was the most natural thing in the world.

It did use to be natural. Right before Jessica fell in love with her and started taking their skinships seriously.

Jessica agreed to this 'date' without even knowing the itineraries that Tiffany prepared for the two of them.

She didn't know anything about it until they stepped out of the bus.

"You have got to be kidding me." Jessica was left breathless when the huge sign containing big and bold black letters had welcomed her eyesight. 

Welcome to Seoul's ANIMAL PARADISE!

"Seriously Tiffany? The zoo?" Jessica cocked an eyebrow at the red haired girl standing right next to her. She was not so suprised considering the fact that her bestfriend liked childish things. Tiffany smiled at her brightly, her eyes dissappearing into crescent shapes as she clasped her hands together. "Yeah! Isn't it wonderful?"

Jessica didn't mean to be mean, but she couldn't stop herself from rolling her eyes. "Tiff, that stinky, dirty, and animal-filled place is anything but wonderful. Can't you think of anywhere else better?" 

The older girl regretted the fact that she had to state her opinion. Now she was left face to face with her ultimate weakness in life; Tiffany's puppy eyes + adorable pout. It was a deadly combo for Jessica. 

"But I've always wanted to go to the zoo! I never had the chance before since I didn't like to go alone. Nobody would accompany me because they think this place is lame." She eyed Jessica with her face filled with aegyo. Jessica felt her face heating up when Tiffany caressed her arm. "Are you one of those judgemental people too?"

Jessica's mouth hung open. She had no choice but to violently shake her head. "O-Of course not! I think the zoo's a really awesome place! Yeah I guess it's filled with stinky creatures, but other than that this place is perfect!" The older girl raised her thumbs up while flashing an obviously forced smile.

Tiffany chuckled softly. "If you say so." She grabbed Jessica's hand and started dragging the girl into her doom.

---

"Look Jessi!"

Tiffany was having the time of her life, but Jessica was definitely not. They've been visiting from one stinking cage to another. All throughout Tiffany was taking pictures of the animals that attracted her attention, while Jessica stood by a few meters away which is enough for her to be unable to smell the lingering scent of the creatures' homes. 

"Oh cute! I so badly want to put you in my pocket and take you home!" Tiffany cooed while eyeing a cub cuddling close to its mother tiger. "Isn't he the cutest Jessi?" She turned her head and faced the older girl with a smile.

Jessica lifted an eyebrow at her. "Tiff, that's a tiger. It's vicious, aggresive, dangerous, and anything but cute." 

Tiffany cocked an eyebrow of her own. "But it's a baby tiger." She emphasized the word by making the quote signs with her fingers. Jessica walked up to her and pulled her away from the tiger's cage. 

"But it's still a carnivore, and it can bite your little finger if you keep on coming too close towards it." The older girl lashed out. Tiffany rolled her eyes as she yanked her hand away from her bestfriend's. 

"Why are you so negative about such a harmless and innocent creature?" 

"Like what I said, even if it's just purest cub in the world, it's still violent." Jessica pointed out with crossed arms. The younger girl turned away, not without mentioning the words, "Just like you." under her breath. 

"What did you say?"

"Nothing." Tiffany faked her a smile before skipping off. Jessica watched with a scowl as Tiffany's figure went further into the distance.

"Stupid, immature girl who wouldn't stop making my heart flutter with her smiles." The blonde muttered in an annoyed tone as she trailed after her bestfriend.

---

Tiffany frowned. "You're not having fun aren't you."

The displeased look on Jessica's face immediately dissolved and was replaced by a cheerful one. "Of course I am having fun! This place is awesome!" She wasn't exactly convincing with her words, since she was holding her nose with her fingers in order to prevent herself from inhaling the scent around them. 

Tiffany walked up to her with the frown still there. "I'm sorry. I don't like the idea that I'm the only one having fun. You're my date, you have the right to have fun as well."

Jessica felt goosebumps just by hearing those three words. You're my date.

A substitute one that is. Jessica mentally added in order to keep her hopes from going up.

"Don't be sorry. I am having fun." Jessica states once more, but this time she was being sincere. She grabbed Tiffany's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "There is fun whenever or wherever you're around. Your presence does not bore me Tiffany."

They share an eye contact for a while before Tiffany looked away. She laughed out heartily, not forgetting to slap the older girl on the shoulder.

"What class did you take to have learned all those sweet lines? I'm scared, you're getting cheesier and cheesier everyday." Tiffany joked. Jessica faked a laugh.

Tiffany suddenly let out a gasp. Jessica didn't even have time to see what her bestfriend had seen when Tiffany started dragging her off to somewhere. They ended up standing outside the wide cage of an enormous creature that Jessica has never seen before. Her eyes widened at its sight, all the hairs on her body standing up. 

"Wow! A huge gorilla!" Tiffany squealed in delight.

"T-Tiff.." Jessica clutched onto her bestfriend's arm. She did not like the tone of Tiffany's voice. She had a bad feeling about it.

"Hey Jessi! Want to take a picture with the gorilla?" 

BOOM. And that hit the jackpot. 

Jessica faced her bestfriend with wide eyes. Taking a photo besides a gigantic monkey was never a part of Jessica's plans to do in life. The creature is huge, scary-looking, but most of all, it was smelly. 

"Are you out of your mind? Why would I take a picture with that.." Jessica eyed the gorilla with wide eyes filled with fear. "..that thing?"

"Yah, don't be mean. You can't just call it a thing when it's alive and moving." Tiffany scolded as she started rummaging through her bag in search for the camera. "Come on, take a picture with him!"

"No!" Jessica refused. "I don't want to!"

"Oh come on Jessi! Don't be such a wimp." Tiffany exclaimed with a teasing smile once she finally found her camera. She started shoving the gadget in front of Jessica's face. "Just one picture! You never had one ever since we got here."

"No--" Jessica was about to refuse again but when she saw the pleading look on the younger girl's face, nothing else came out of . She hated the fact that she's always vulnerable when it comes to Tiffany's requests. It would make her feel a little guilty if she says no because it might ruin the mood of her bestfriend.

And she definitely does not want a grumpy Tiffany on their 'date'.

"Ugh. Fine." The ice princess rolled her eyes in defeat. "If that thing eats me, you better blame yourself for this."

"Stop overreacting." Tiffany rolled her own eyes as she began pushing Jessica towards the entrance of the cage. 

Jessica stuck out her tongue playfully at her bestfriend. But once the zookeeper had unlocked the gate and accompanied her in entering the cage, she knew there was no turning back. Jessica swallowed hard and her knees buckled at the sight of a pair of big eyes that were staring back at her.

---

"Oh my gosh! You look so freaking cute!"

Jessica sighed after hearing Tiffany's same words for the fourth time. They were strolling around a small park and all throughout their walk the younger girl was gawking at the freshly developed polaroid picture on her hands. It was a picture of Jessica standing awkwardly beside the gorilla. She was holding out a peace sign and a crooked smile, but it was obvious how scared she was.

"I can't believe that you could be so mean." Jessica exclaimed. "How could you say that I'm cute instead of asking if I'm okay? You have no idea how much being in the same room as that giant ape scared me to death."

Tiffany looked at her with apologetic eyes. "I'm sorry. I've noticed that you were looking rather bored since I'm the only one who had been taking pictures with the animals. I figured that taking a picture with that gorilla would lift your spirit a little."

"It's okay." Jessica gave up easily. It wasn't her fault that she can't stand being mad at this girl for even two minutes. "It was nice of you to have thought that way for me."

Tiffany paused in her tracks. Jessica did as well but before she can even ask why, she was surprised when her  bestfriend shot her a incredulous look. "What?"

"Nothing. You're just really weird today."

Jessica followed quickly when Tiffany started walking again. "What do you mean about 'weird'?" 

Tiffany lightly shrugged her shoulders. "I know we're friends, but you've been strangely nice and extra gentle with me the whole day. Plus, you've been quoting out random cheesy lines that someone like you I can never imagine saying." She glanced at Jessica with a wry smile. "Where did the old, sarcastic ice princess went off too? I haven't seen her all day."

"Teasing me again I see." Jessica glared at her. "Just because I was 'extra' nice to you today doesn't mean that you can take advantage of bullying me."

Tiffany softly chuckled at her words. "But seriously Jessica, I'm glad that you're really being kind to me today. It's the best thing that I could need in order to make me forget about my frustration towards my boyfriend." Jessica can't say that her heart didn't tighten at the mention of that guy again. "Thank you for accompanying me today just to put a smile on my face--"

"Hey, wanna grab something to eat?" Jessica just didn't want her to continue. She just didn't want to hear anything further from her.

Tiffany was a caught off guard a little at Jessica's sudden suggestion, but she had no other choice but to nod her head vigorously. Her stomach suddenly growled loudly and it earned a laugh from the older of the two.

"Now that's what I call cute." Jessica took a quick photo snap of the grumpy face Tiffany was having right now. "I wish my tummy would declare my hunger too."

Tiffany slapped her arm. "It's not funny." 

"Yeah it is." Jessica retorted with a sticking out her tongue. But before the younger girl could do any more slapping, her wrist got caught by Jessica. The blonde then started dragging her towards the streetfood section. Tiffany whipped her head around to see the fancy diners and restaurants that they already passed by. 

"Hey Jess, where are we eating?" 

Jessica smirked. "To the best place here on the streets of Seoul."

Soon enough they made it to the the street where tons of food stalls were standing. Many people were walking to and fro, most of the customers among the different food stalls were workers from the office buildings surrounding the street. Tiffany looked around and saw some dishes which were unfamiliar to her senses.

"What are those things?" Tiffany asked.

"Street food." Jessica chimed in as she hooked her arm around Tiffany's. "The best of the best."

Tiffany stopped walking. "Excuse me? You're telling me that we're having food which were made out on this street?"

"Stop thinking about it literally. It's basically called streetfood because they're selling it out here on the streets. But the foods are a hundred percent sure clean and edible to the stomach." Jessica stated with a reassuring smile. Tiffany shook her head. "I'm not eating here."

"Don't be such a wimp." Jessica quoted the last word, which was the same thing that Tiffany had told her earlier. "Just try it, what if you might like it then?"

"I won't like it. I don't even like it at first glance."

"Stop being such a baby. How'd you know how it tastes if you won't even try it?"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Hey, you forced me to take a picture with that ape. Now it's my turn to force you into eating streetfoods." Jessica pointed out with a smirk.

"Yah! Don't you dare bring up the topic about that gorilla!" Tiffany retorted.

"Just try it Tiff." Jessica pleads with her puppy eyes. "For me. Just do this for me." She clasps her hands together, puckers out her lips, and waits for Tiffany's reaction. Tiffany was reluctant for a while and it took Jessica several more attempts of convincing her that eating streetfood won't let you end up on a hospital bed. The younger girl eventually said yes, much to Jessica's delight.

"Say ahh." Jessica held out a teokbokki outside of Tiffany's closed mouth. The younger girl eyed the spicy food with her sharp eyes. She was hesitant to open , not until Jessica suddenly poked her side which forced her to part her lips open. "Yum." Jessica motioned Tiffany to chew it.

Tiffany locked eyes with Jessica as she began moving her jaw as she chewed the food inside . Her facial expression was strained at first but it eventually relaxed once the taste of the food started burning in her tongue. Soon enough Tiffany was enjoying every feeding that Jessica gave her. 

They stopped by each and every single food stall there was. Mostly it was Tiffany who ate while Jessica was the one who payed for their bills.

"That was delicious! I had fun eating!" Tiffany chirped happily as she rubbed her stomach in circular motion. Jessica eyed her wallet before turning towards the other girl with a dumbfounded look. "And you sure had fun emptying my wallet." 

Tiffany smiled at her sheepishly. "Sorry about that. I'll pay you tomorrow for sure."

Jessica shook her head with a smile of her own. "No need. This is a date remember?" Her heart skipped a beat when Tiffany suddenly smiled widely as she grabbed Jessica's hand and interwined their fingers. 

"Of course it is! How could I ever forget my first date in my entire life?" Tiffany exclaimed with a giggle. "And it's even more special due the fact that I'm with my best friend! There can never be a better date than this." Jessica was glad to hear her words. But the look in the younger girl's eyes only shows that Jessica is the second person that she most likely wanted to be the person she is with right now.

The first person would obviously be that boyfriend of hers. 

Tiffany stopped giggling once she noticed the sudden change of look on Jessica's face. The older girl had let go of her hand and her head was lowered a little. That made Tiffany feel a little worried. Jessica had a case of being the moody type, but Tiffany feels that there's something else bothering her bestfriend's mind.

"Are you okay?" Tiffany whispers. 

Jessica nods her head quickly without even looking at her. "I'm alright. Just a little tired."

Very tired for waiting all these years for nothing.

"Are you sure? You don't look so good." Tiffany places her hand on Jessica's cheek but the older girl just carelessly swatted it away. Tiffany did not expect the harsh gesture. "Jessi.."

"I'm fine." Jessica snapped but then she quickly softened in worry that Tiffany might get offended. "I'm just..not in the mood right now."

"Is there anything that you'd want me to do to make you feel better?"

If you could tell my heart to love someone else rather than you, it would be of great help.

"It's okay. I don't need you to do anything for me." 

Tiffany watched with a heavy heart as Jessica started walking ahead of her. She didn't know what was bothering her bestfriend but she wanted to find out soon enough. But for the mean time, she knew she had an important mission to do.

---

Only a few minutes had passed by and Jessica noticed that she was walking alone.

Where's my other half?

Jessica swiftly turned around from left to right as her eyes frantically searched for a certain someone. Worry started to fill her heart once she saw no sight of the girl who used to be walking beside her a while ago. She now feels guilty that because of her sassy attitude earlier, Tiffany might've gotten upset and went home. 

Or worse, what if Tiffany got lost due to the huge amount of people around?

Jessica did not waste any more time. She started walking fast- scratch that- running fast. She squeezed her petite self through the people blocking her way. As she sprinted her eyes roamed around her surroundings in hopes of finding the girl her heart was searching for.

Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, where on earth are you?

She kept on searching. Beads of sweat were already forming on her forehead and she was panting heavily for air, but still she did not give up. She kept on looking for her until she came into a halt.

There was a sudden commotion in the middle of the park. 

Jessica walked up to the crowd of people circled around the very center of the park. When Jessica was just a few meters away, she suddenly heard a voice singing. It was melodic, a little husky, and somewhat familiar.

Very familiar.

The blonde continued on walking closer and closer to the source of the voice. It was as if the singing was drawing her closer and she had totally forgotten about her missing best friend.

(A/N: The song is JB and Jiyeon's "Together" Ost for Dream High 2)

"Living day by day, clashing in this world- when these things gets hard~"

Jessica stepped closer, pushing herself through the small number of people which slowly kept getting bigger due to the voice of an angel singing. 

"When you feel like you're just one single person out of the countless people~"

"When I see your eyes, looking at me lovingly, I feel special~"

Jessica was almost there. She could already visualize the figure that was standing in the middle of the circle of people, the main source of the angelic voice that kept on drawing her close. 

"When you hold me in your warm embrace, all the scars on my body heal~"

She didn't know why but she felt her heart fluttering. A feeling that would only take over whenever Tiffany's presence was around.

In that case, then maybe the owner of the angelic voice would be no other than..

Hwang Tiffany.

Jessica's eyes widened at the sight of Tiffany singing. She was aware that her bestfriend's a good singer, but Tiffany was always too shy to show her talent in front of others. Jessica couldn't believe that Tiffany would have the guts to sing in a public place like this. She watched in amazement as Tiffany glimmered like a star with her eyes shining brightly as she smiled to the crowd. 

Jessica was falling even more.

"When we're together when we're together

Everything becomes alright, painful memories dissapear~"

Tiffany looked awfully breath-taking, that the ice princess could not even keep her eyes off of her.

"When we're together when we're together

I get happy again, without knowing, I put on a smile~"

Tiffany stopped singing and all the people around her began clapping. Jessica was too dazed to even lift a finger. Tiffany bowed at the praises and applauds that she was giving. It was never her intention to receive this much attention in the first place.

"Excuse me everyone! I need your attention!" Tiffany yelled loudly for everybody to hear. She repeated her words and eventually everything became quiet. "Thank you. I just wanted to thank everyone who listened to my song." 

"But actually, I just did this because I wanted to make a certain someone smile. It's a friend who's very dear to me, and she spent the whole day exerting a lot of effort to put a smile on my face because I was sad. She is someone who is very close to my heart. Someone who is so important that I'd be willing to split right here, right now, in front of everyone just to make her laugh."

"I love her. She's my bestfriend. And I'd do anything to make up for the all things she's done for me."

The people resumed their applause. Most of them were touched by her words. Tiffany beamed them a smile while at the same time, she was searching for Jessica. She silently hoped that her bestfriend was somewhere out there. She wished Jessica heard her singing. 

Tiffany's shoulders dropped when she saw no sign of the blonde. 

"Well that was pretty amazing." Tiffany jumped at the familiar voice behind her. She turned around and was greeted by a warm smile coming from a certain blonde's face. 

"Are you talking about the song or my speech?" Tiffany asked.

Jessica smiled from ear to ear as she held Tiffany's hand. "Both." 

---

It had been a long day, yet Jessica still wasn't exhausted. 

In fact, she insisted on walking Tiffany home to her house. She had only two reasons for it; first, is because she wanted to make sure that Tiffany would be able to make it home safely. Secondly, this would give her more time to spend with the girl she desires in her heart.

Jessica knew she could never stay away from Tiffany. But the more she lingers around her, the more the falls in love with her. 

"Hey."

"Hey."

They stopped right outside of the gate of Tiffany's house. Time went on so quickly, Jessica didn't even realize that their journey had finally came into an end. They stood in front of each other, suddenly feeling so shy that they avoided looking into each others' eyes. 

"Today was fun." Tiffany mumbled.

"Yeah, it was." Jessica muttered back, trying not to sound dissappointed and sad.

Silence fell and neither of the two did not know what to say any more. Tiffany gave Jessica a light hug before turning around and heading towards the gate. 

"Tiffany wait!" Jessica called out.

Tiffany turned around with her eyebrows lifted up. "Yeah?"

"I.." Jessica knew that it was now or never. It was her chance, and she should not let it pass. "There's something that I wanted to say to you."

Come on Jessica! You can do this!

"Tiffany." Jessica was really hesitant to do it. She was suddenly being nervous and she couldn't stop her hands from fiddling with each other. Her eyes kept on roaming around just to avoid meeting the younger girl's gaze. "I..uh..I.."

"Jessica, if you're going to tell me that you've been in love with me all these years, then you don't have to." Tiffany received the best shocked face ever. "Because I already know about it."

Jessica's jaw dropped and both of her arms rested on her sides.

"Y-You..You do?"

"Of course I do."

"Why didn't you tell me you knew?"

"Because!" Tiffany flailed her arms around dramatically. "How could I be so sure? Jessica Jung, the girl who never believed in love and detested romantic relationships is in love with me? Is that something even possible?"

"Since when did you know about it?" Jessica's voice was small and timid. It can barely be heard.

"Last year."

"You knew it before you even had a boyfriend?"

"I got myself a boyfriend the day after I found out about your feelings for me."

Jessica was baffled. She did not know what to say anymore.

"B-But if you knew about my feelings, why did you get yourself into a relationship with someone else?" Jessica didn't want to sound pitiful. "A-Aren't you..feeling the same way about me?" It was the worst question she'd ever asked from someone.

Tiffany laughed. She laughed so hard it made Jessica feel even worse.

"You looked so cute Jessi." Tiffany's laughter quickly died down and she went back into being serious. "You're the main reason why I answered that idiot anyway. I wanted to see your reaction."

"To see me get hurt?" Jessica glared at her.

"No. To see if you'd be willing to fight for me." Tiffany retorted. "But you didn't. You just kept this one-sided love and never said a word."

"That's because I wanted you to be happy." Jessica confessed with a regretful smile. "You looked happy whenever he's around. I thought that maybe letting you go was the best thing that I can do."

"Well it's not." Tiffany answered bluntly. "Mainly because he was never the reasons of the smiles on my face. It was you. It has always been and always will be because of you."

Jessica's cheeks burned up and her heart started beating rapidly at the other girl's choice of words. 

"I want you to stop being like a fool right now Jessica. I love you for goodness sake!" Tiffany exclaimed as she places both of her hands on top of the older girl's shoulders. "I loved you the moment I saw you. I just never gave myself a chance to realize it before."

"You love me?" Jessica squeaked with wide eyes. 

Tiffany wanted to slap her awake so badly. "I just said it didn't I? What kind of friend would sing in front of a lot of people just to put a smile on her bestfriend's face?"

Jessica laughed before engulfing the younger girl in one tight hug. 

This must be a dream.

"I love you Hwang." Jessica sighs out happily, tears started to form on the corners of her eyes. Tiffany smiled as well, her heart fluttering at their sweet embrace. She held Jessica even tighter as she gently whispered in the older girl's ear, "I love you too Jung."

They shared that sweet moment for a few seconds until Jessica suddenly pulled away. "But wait, what about your boyfriend?"

Tiffany sighed. "Already broke up with him."

Jessica's eyes widened. "What? But I don't understand, I thought you're supposed to have a date with him yesterday but he didn't come?"

"He didn't come because we aren't together anymore."

"Then what's the point of me being here right now?" Jessica asks.

Tiffany smiled playfully as she trails her finger along Jessica's jawline. 

"Let's just say I've been improving on my lying skills."

---

It was their first official date as a couple, and Jessica knew that it was going to be the best day of her life so far.

"Where are we headed today mushroom?" She asked the girl whose hand was holding tightly onto hers. Tiffany smiled at her as she parked their car. She leaned forward and gently pecked the blonde's lips. "It's our favorite place. The place where it all started."

The two of them got out of the car. Once Jessica turned around, the smile on her face got instantly wiped away at the huge sign that welcomed her eyesight.

Welcome to Seoul's ANIMAL PARADISE!

 

 

---

A/N: Wow, this thing's looong. :P I didn't even realize it not until I've finished writing it. :))

Oh well, JeTi ftw! I loved the gorilla part. Jessi was so cute. >.<

Anyways, I'll be posting the upcoming oneshots as soon as I can! But it would take time since I'm pretty busy right now with a lot of studying. T__T I need to prepare myself for some exams that might be the end of me. LOL haha

Thank you for the continuing support guys! I hope you'll keep on reading my one-shots!

Comments? ;]