13; In Between Walls pt. 2

Soshified Shots

 

 

Thud.

Tiffany jolts awake from her sleep once she hears that familiar sound. She was the type of person who hated to be disturbed in the middle of her slumber, but she wasted no time in getting off the bed when she realized that the sound was actually coming from the window. 

Even though it's quite dark outside, she could easily spot the moving figure right outside the glass of the window, thanks to the illumination of the moonlight. Tiffany tried not to entertain the spark of joy in her heart once she caught a glimpse of a face with child like features right through the glass. 

"Hi."

"H-Hello."

The window opened and in came a short figure into the room. Tiffany staggered a little bit as she quickly shifted her eyes onto the ground. The person who had just arrived glanced and immediately flashed a grin at the other female who suddenly turned shy. 

"Thanks for opening the window for me. You read my letter?" Asked the girl who was actually the reason why Tiffany was becoming shy all of a sudden. 

"I did." Tiffany didn't know why but she was feeling rather flustered knowing that Taeyeon's eyes were fixed on her. She nervously fumbled with her hands with her eyes looking rather lost, having no idea that her little actions made her appear adorable in the older girl's sight. "Thank you too."

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow with a smile tugging at the end of her lips. "For what? For barging into your territory and teasing you endlessly?"

No. For barging into my life actually. That was what Tiffany wanted to say but she reminded herself not to let any kind of warmth grow between her and this girl. No matter what, Taeyeon was still a stranger and they do not have any knowledge about each other. And Tiffany has been locked inside this room for a long time, she has no idea what kind of people from the outside world like Taeyeon are like. 

"For..For finishing the sweat shirt for me." Tiffany finally responded in a meek voice.

Taeyeon smiled proudly. "Did you like it? I did pretty well, didn't I?" When the younger girl responded with a short nod, the older girl's smile grew even wider. "I knew it! It looks so much better than when it was unfinished by you." 

Tiffany dropped her growing smile after hearing the insult. "Psh. Whoever told you to finish it anyway? You weren't supposed to touch my belongings in the first place."

"Yah, that's not what your supposed to say to someone who had just helped you achieve something." Taeyeon stated with a fake frown. Tiffany could only scowl at the girl's arrogance and cocky smile which unfuriated her all over again. She turned around and stomped her way towards the bed. 

"Hey." She turned away when Taeyeon sat beside her on the bed. "You're mad at me again? What did I do?"

Tiffany didn't answer and had kept shut. Taeyeon was amused at staring at the taller girl's upset expression. It gave her the urge to tease the girl a little bit more. "Didn't you miss me? We haven't seen each other for two days."

The younger girl let out another scowl but it was true. No matter how much she tried to deny it to herself, deep down she felt a certain emptiness when Taeyeon's presence wasn't around. It has been months since she experienced having another human being in the same room. She hasn't talked to anyone else except for her father, and it made her feel good that she could communicate with somebody new like this girl beside her.

"Hey." Taeyeon started poking the other girl's shoulder and did not bother to stop until Tiffany faced her with blazing eyes. 

"What?" 

Taeyeon smiled at the furious look in her eyes. "Hi." She could only flash her a dimpled smile.

"Ugh."Tiffany turned away again as she crossed her arms over her chest. She hated the fact that this girl ignited her anger easily with her teasings but easily melted her heart by showing her a single smile. "Why are you even here anyway? This isn't just some place you can barge in whenever you have nowhere else to go."

"Should I leave and look for a hotel then?" Tiffany mentally panicked when she thought that the older girl was really going to leave. Due the fear of being alone once again, Tiffany followed her instincts and swiftly grabbed Taeyeon's wrist when the latter stood up from the mattress. 

Taeyeon glanced at Tiffany's fingers which were wrapped around her wrist. She then flashed a knowing smile at the girl. 

Tiffany quickly lets go of her and turns away with reddening cheeks. She bit her tongue and silently cursed herself for giving into the girl's painful tease. She vowed to never speak to Taeyeon again due to the embarassing moment but figured that she wouldn't be able to fulfill that vow once the older girl grabbed her hand and placed something on it.

Tiffany slowly turned her head and her eyes landed on the piece of bread that was on the top of her palm.

"What's this?" She asked, totally forgetting about her vow. 

Taeyeon nodded her head and smiled. "Isn't it obvious?" She pushed Tiffany's hand and guided it towards the front of . Taeyeon flashed her an encouraging smile. "Go on, eat it. I got it from a bakery before I came here. Figured you wanted something else to eat rather than those inedible meals your father prepares for you. No offense."

Tiffany was too busy thinking about this girl's thoughtfulness to even notice that Taeyeon insulted her father's cooking skills. She slowly brought the piece of bread towards her lips and its delicious scent lingered below her nostrils. 

It didn't take long for her to part her lips and bite on the soft pastry with her teeth.

"Mmmm.." Tiffany moaned in delight as the sweet taste of the bread flowed around . It has been the most delicious bread that she ever tasted in her entire life. She didn't even know that she was smiling all throughout until she swallowed the last pieces of the bread down . 

It was then she noticed that someone was staring at her. 

"Was it that good?" Tiffany looked away and Taeyeon chuckled softly. Seriously, this girl was the most adorable creature she has ever seen. "Judging by the way you smiled a while ago, the bread tasted delicious huh?"

Tiffany was unable not to nod her head. 

"Since you like it so much, I guess I'd be bringing one bread everytime I come here and visit you." Taeyeon stated which caused Tiffany's ears to perk up. Does her words mean that she'd be coming back more often? Just the thought of it made Tiffany's heart flutter in a disturbing kind of way. Taeyeon noticed her change of expression and quickly said, "Well that is, if you'd allow me to barge into your room next time."

Tiffany's lips formed into a straight line. "Why would you be bothering to come here next time?"

"Don't you want me to?" 

"I was the one who asked a question first."

"Fine." Taeyeon took a deep breath and shrugged her shoulders. "Do you mind if I come by next time, and more days after that?"

"And why would you do that?" 

"Because I want to be your friend. I want to accompany you in this place." Tiffany didn't know but the way Taeyeon said her words made her sound as if she was aware of Tiffany's current situation. She doesn't remember mentioning to her in the first place. Tiffany froze when she felt a pair of hands grasping her own, sending a different kind of warmth throughout her body. "Can I be your friend?" 

Tiffany could barely say no to those lovely pair of brown eyes looking at hers.

---

About a month and a half later..

 

"Taeyeon! Give it back!"

Tiffany's voice could be clearly heard booming around the bedroom as she ran to and fro the place, chasing desperately after a certain shortie who was running away with her possession. The younger girl was slowly getting exhausted but she did not give and was determined to get back what's rightfully hers.

"Yah! Give me back my underwear!"

When Tiffany was showering a while ago, Taeyeon took advantage of her absence by rummaging through her closet and her drawers. She found Tiffany's underwear and decided to tease the girl once again. And that was how they ended up chasing each other around the room like a pair of kindergarted children. 

"I won't!" Taeyeon laughed. "You'll have to get it yourself!" 

"Oh I will Kim Taeyeon! Just wait and see when I get my hands on yo--" Tiffany tripped on her foot and lost her balance, which caused her to fall to the floor with a loud thud. Taeyeon halted and glance at the girl who had just tripped. "..Fany?"

Just by hearing the younger girl's whimper of pain, a look of alarm and concer flashes across the older girl's face. She quickly rushed nearer to the girl who was sitting on the floor, but kept a one meter distance between them. Taeyeon analyzed the injured girl with her eyes and realized something.

"Hah. Your acting won't work on me. I ain't falling for that." Taeyeon grinned mischievously.

The hurt look across Tiffany's face faded and was quickly replaced with a dark one. "Why you little.." She hopped up from the ground as if she wasn't in pain at all. She charged towards the older girl who made a wrong move by staggering backwards. Taeyeon realized that her attempt of escape proved to be a fail when her feet touched the bed and she ended up stumbling towards the mattress.

Taeyeon gulped as she watched Tiffany crawling over her like a devious predator aiming for her prey.

The older girl's breathing hitched as Tiffany inched closer and closer, until she completely hovered over Taeyeon's petite frame. Their faces were only half an inch apart and it was driving the girl on the bottom insane. 

"Gotcha." Tiffany's warm breath tickled her lips as she spoke. Taeyeon swore her stomach was about to churn.

"Don't think you've got me cornered Hwang." 

"I don't think so Kim. I've got you pinned." Taeyeon regretted teaching Tiffany how to do the smirk. The girl looks even more disturbingly gorgeous with that coy smile on her beautiful face. "Now give that thing back to me or else.."

"No." It was Taeyeon's turn to have a devious smile of her own. She thought that by suggesting this, Tiffany would surely back out and lose. "I won't let you have it, not until you kiss me."

It turned out that she thought wrong.

And Taeyeon only realized it when she felt a pair of lips crash against hers. 

---

Tiffany stared at the ceiling in silence, and the sound of the light snoring coming from beside her was the only sound that rang in her ears.

She can't believe how it happened so fast. She didn't even realize that 52 days have already passed since she'd made friends with the girl who was sleeping right next to her. She could still recall the time when she was still feeding herself with lies of how much she resented Taeyeon, but right now she ended up having feelings that she never expected herself to have.

She was falling for her.

As much as crazy it sounds, Tiffany thinks that she's starting to develop romantic feelings towards this kid. Ever since her father had locked her up in this room, she thought she was going to end up all alone forever. She thought that she'd never see the light of day again and that she'd simply die eventually without her life making any sense.

But ever since she met Taeyeon, Tiffany slowly realized that her life was starting to make some sense.

"Taeyeon.." She whispered the name as she rolled to her side and faced the sleeping figure beside her. The sight of Taeyeon's angelic face urged her to tenderly caress the older girl's rosy cheek with her hand. Again that familiar warm sensation spread throughout her body. She'd never felt this way before until she met this girl.

But Tiffany's heart sank in. She's nothing but a girl who's father locked her up in a bedroom. Taeyeon wouldn't be glad to know that a girl like her is falling in love with her. Tiffany knows too well that even though she'd spent days and weeks of a special relationship with Taeyeon, she'll never be more than a friend.

But even with that kind of reality, Tiffany isn't planning on tucking away her feelings. Taeyeon is her pillar, her comfort, a shoulder to cry on, a company, a friend, and most importantly, a person whom she fell in love with for the first time. 

Taeyeon is someone whom her heart desires.

I don't care if she runs around the room with my underwear everyday with me chasing her. I just want her to be with me for the longest time possible, as selfish as it may sound.

---

Two weeks.

 

Twenty one days of being alone drove Tiffany to the edge. It has been two weeks since she last saw Taeyeon and it was driving her mad. Three days was the longest possible time Taeyeon's presence wouldn't be around, and those three days were already enough for Tiffany to feel depressed,

But two weeks? Tiffany was getting scared that Taeyeon might've gotten tired of her and decided not to stop by anymore.

But Tiffany remembered the promises Taeyeon would always make before she jumps out through that window. She'd promise everytime that she'd come back no matter what. She always reminded Tiffany to wait for her, no matter how long it was and even if Tiffany's patience reaches its limits. Tiffany didn't mind waiting for a long time, but her heart was weak enough to create such frightening predictions.

Predictions such as Taeyeon's permanent absence. What if she'll never come back?

Tiffany tossed and turned around the bed with that horrible thought in her mind. It was already 2 am in the morning yet she couldn't get herself to sleep. Her heart feels empty without the sense of warmth that she usually feels whenever Taeyeon is sleeping on the bed beside her. 

They've gotten so close, Tiffany already memorized her scent. And she sniffed it through the pillows, her heart yearning for the presence of that girl.

Just go to sleep Miyoung. Who knows when you wake up, she'll be right in front of you.

She smiled in relief at that last thought. Soon enough, she found herself drifting off to dreamland.

After an hour or so, Tiffany woke up to some rustling sounds coming from the window. She quickly bolted up into a sitting position and rubbed her tired eyes. Once she glanced at the source of the noise, her face quickly lit up at the sight of a figure hovering outside the glass. 

Taeyeon. 

She quickly dashed towards the window and opened it. Within a blink of an eye, a petite body stumbled inside. Tiffany beamed a smile and waited for the girl to stand up and greet her, but a look of dismay flashed across her face as the body on the floor did not even move. 

"Tae?" Tiffany raised an eyebrow. Still, Taeyeon did not even budge.

Tiffany quickly knelt down besides the figure on the floor and started tapping on the older girl's shoulder. She tried calling her name numerous times but she wouldn't even respond. The feeling of anxiety washed over her and the fact that Taeyeon wasn't responding made her feel uneasy. She started shaking the girl's shoulder's, loudening her voice as she called her name over and over.

The only response she received were a few coughs. 

Taeyeon rolled over and revealed her damaged face. Tiffany gasped at the site of some bruises appearing on the older girl's face. She quickly laid the unconscious girl's head over her lap and gently caressed her cheeks with her trembling hands.

"T-Taeyeon...Tae.." Tiffany felt tears forming on the corners of her eyes. She didn't know what happened and she wanted to find out the reason why the girl she loves ended up this way. But at that moment she could do nothing but to make sure that she was okay. "Taeyeon.."

Slowly, Taeyeon's eyes fluttered open. Her gaze met with Tiffany's and it easily put a smile across her face. The sight of her smiling despite her injury only encourage Tiffany's tears even more. "Tae, come on. We have to aid your wounds." 

"Tiff."

"Come on, let's go." Tiffany attempted to lift her up but was stopped when she felt a warm hand press against her cheek. Her face instantly went red at the affectionate touch but she was not in the mood to be all giddy. "Taeyeon come on." She tried to lift the shorter girl up again but Taeyeon refused. 

"You look beautiful, as usual." 

"Tae, what are yo--"

"Listen to me Tiffany." Taeyeon's stern voice caught her off guard. She seriously wanted to take Taeyeon to a hospital right there and then but the older girl's commanding voice forced her to stay put. Taeyeon's eyes softened and Tiffany relaxed into her touch. She smiled once more. "I know you're wondering why I look like this. I've been beaten up and it makes me look worse than an ogre."

"Tae." Tiffany sniffed. She wasn't in the mood to laugh at another one of the shortie's jokes. 

"Don't worry. Before the sun rises, I'll explain everything to you. And I'll start from the very beginning." Taeyeon took a deep breath and sighed. "I'll start from the reason why I even knocked on your window in the first place."

 

 

Taeyeon was the second among three siblings. Among them three, she was the one who was often neglected by their parents. Her older brother was the main priority, for he was the one who'd bring fortune into their family. Meanwhile her younger sister was perfectly pampered and spoiled with everything that she wanted. Taeyeon never understood why her parents looked down on her so much. She never understood the reason why they never showed her the love and affection they would shower to her siblings. She never understood the reason why her parents' eyes didn't have the same spark and gentleness in them whenever they'd look at her. She never understood why she didn't feel like she was their daughter.

And she only understood, when she found out that she wasn't really their daughter after all. She was adopted.

When Taeyeon was twelve, she was often abused at home. She was forced to do almost all of the housechores, and her brother would sometimes even bully her when her parents weren't around. Due to the harsh treatment that she receives at home, Taeyeon completely isolates herself from others whenever she's at school. Other kids thought that she's weird and a loner for she never mingled with other students.

She'd often sit a corner alone, with nobody to be with and nobody to talk to. 

Taeyeon was truly a bright and bubbly girl, but she only showed this side of her to one person. And that person was the pretty little girl she met right across their house. Taeyeon met her once when she saw the girl riding her bike along the streets. The girl happened to lose her balance and fell off, and Taeyeon was the only one who helped her get up to her feet.

After that incident, she and Taeyeon became friends. They'd often meet at the girl's frontyard and they would talk and play with each other till the sun sets. 

Taeyeon had never been more happy in her life. At least there was one person in the world whom she believed cares and cherishes her. That girl was the only person who made Taeyeon feel as though she's important and that her existence matters. They were inseperable and their friendship grew even more as the time passed by.

But that's when the faithful day came when the girl suddenly moved out with her family to America. She never even got to say goodbye to Taeyeon, and that crushed Taeyeon's soul completely. Without her friend, Taeyeon felt lifeless and her will to live was no longer there. That girl was the only person she ever loved in this world yet she left her without a single word.

Six years later, a new family moves across Taeyeon's house. She heard that it was the same family who moved out six years ago. She instantly thought about that girl and had the initiative to meet her again. But then Taeyeon heard that the girl's mother had passed away and that her father prevented her from seeing anyone. She also heard the rumors that the girl was being locked up away in her room. 

Taeyeon was curious, and so she wanted to find out.

Although she was not allowed to go out especially during the night, Taeyeon managed to escape once and made her way up to the window where the girl's bedroom was located. She wanted to find out if she really was the girl Taeyeon made friends with six years ago.

If she was that girl, then Taeyeon and her are really destined to meet. The both of them are living in a life where there are walls surrounding them. The girl was locked in a room where she cannot get out from, while Taeyeon had her heart built around with cold walls due to her childhood experiences.

 

"Y-You.."

Tiffany's tears began dropping again after hearing Taeyeon's narration. She was completely speechless, and was hanging open in shock. She cannot believe that the girl whom she met six years ago, was the same girl who's lying on her lap right now. 

She was so young back then that she could barely remember her childhood experiences. 

"You.." 

"Yes, it's me Tiffany." Taeyeon acknowledged with a sad smile. "I'm the friend you suddenly left without even saying goodbye." 

"Taeyeon."

"I thought I'd never see you again. I'm sorry if I haven't told you earlier. Seeing you after six years of waiting was all that I wanted to achieve in my life." Taeyeon explained further. "You were the only one who gave hope in my heart and mended the broken pieces of it caused by my ruthless family." 

"Taeyeon." 

"Don't apologize because I've already forgiven you. I can never bear to hold a grudge against someone who was the only person who had a very special place in my heart." Taeyeon mirrored the same expression Tiffany was having on her face. Her eyes were becoming glassy yet she still forced a small smile on her face. "I love you Tiffany, I really do. I was planning to tell you before, but I was scared. I was afraid of rejection."

Tiffany was having the shock of her life. All of these information was too much for her to take. But when Taeyeon said those three words, she thought that nothing else mattered. She tackled the girl and buried her face onto the crook of the older girl's neck.

"Oh Taeyeon.." She whimpered. "If only I knew. If only I'd remembered. I'm so sorry.."

"Shh." The older girl hushed while softly her hair. "It's alright. Like what I said, I've already forgiven you the moment you left me--"

"Don't say that. I'm not leaving you anymore." Tiffany says in a firm tone as she pulls away and looks into her eyes. Taeyeon slowly sits up and eyes widened when Tiffany suddenly leaned forward and pressed their lips together for one chaste kiss. "I never will because I love you too."

"Y-You do?" Taeyeon croaked cutely.

"I do. Ever since you annoyed me to death the first time you came here that night. No one has given my heart such warmth ever since my father locked me up in here." 

"Tiffany." Taeyeon suddenly says in an unsure tone. The way she hesitated and bit her lip agitated the younger girl. She grabbed the older girl's hands and gave them a reassuring squeeze. "What is it Taeyeon?"

"About your father.." Taeyeon takes a deep breath.

---

"HE DID THIS TO YOU?!"

 

Taeyeon had to do everything in order to shut the younger girl's mouth up. She didn't want her father to hear them from downstairs for he might come into her room and find the both of them settled on Tiffany's warm bed. She placed a hand over the taller girl's mouth and waited until Tiffany stopped blabbering.

"Why would my father do such a thing?" Tiffany hissed angrily.

"I..The reason why I haven't shown up these past two weeks is because I've been creating our escape plan." Taeyeon suddenly confessed, earning a confused look from the other girl. 

"Escape plan?" 

Taeyeon nodded slowly. "I confronted your father earlier and demanded him to release you. We ended up yelling at each other and soon enough I found myself wrestling him across your front yard."

"Taeyeon! That's awful!" Tiffany felt sorry for her lover and gently caressed her soft cheeks. She was relieved at the sight of Taeyeon's face which recovered from those bruises and wounds after receiving Tiffany's treatment. "I can't believe he did this to you."

"But that was my first option. I do have a second option, and I believe it's going to work." Taeyeon looked at Tiffany's eyes and her eyes sparkled with desire. Tiffany felt a hand slipping into her own and their fingers automatically interwined. She could feel her heart beating a little faster than usual at the stare the older girl was giving her right now. "If ever..would you be willing to run away with me?"

Tiffany's breathing hitched when Taeyeon slowly leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on her cheek. 

"Will you?" Taeyeon asked again.

Tiffany pondered for a long moment. It took her a few minutes to decide that it scared Taeyeon that she might receive rejection. She squeezed Tiffany's hand and it caused the younger girl to snap out of her deep thoughts. Their eyes met and Taeyeon shot her a nervous look.

"Taeyeon.." The older girl's heart dropped at the sight of Tiffany's frown. It wasn't a good sign. "If you promise not to wrestle with my dad again, I guess I could consider your offer."

Taeyeon's eyes quickly lit up with happiness and her heart almost bursted out of its chamber. "Really? Are you saying that you're coming with me?" 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and pretended to be annoyed. But she eventually smiled and nodded her head enthusiastically. She gently pecked Taeyeon's lips before pressing their foreheads together.

"Yes Taeyeon. I will run away with you. It's what I desire more than anything."

And they sealed their deal with a long-lasting kiss.

 

 

 

---

 

A/N: I feel so lame! I think I failed. :(((

Anyways, I hope I can do better in the upcoming oneshots! Whoopie! I am so excited because I like the plots of the upcoming oneshots! I hope you'll like them too once I post them! Hope you guys continue to read and support this one-shot collection.

OH AND BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE CUTEST BUNNY IN THE WORLD! I LOVE YOU SUNNY! YOUR THE BEST AEGYO-FILLED-BUNNY-LOOKING-QUEEN in the entire world! <33

Btw, thanks for the support my dear readers! I never could've gone this far without your encouraging comments! ^^