Yes, yes, YES!!

My crazy, unpredictable life!

 

 
"You're interested in engineering?"
 
"It has definitely become an interest! I have already studied a few university fields and earned some of the credits."
 
"That's incredible! Our company works with engineers, so if you need any help, don't be afraid to ask for help."
 
"Well, well, well! Look who seems to be enjoying Hyorin's presence now!" Mrs. Jung smiled.
 
Since we walked into the restaurant, Mr. Jung didn't seem to like me the least. Best of all, I sat between him and Ilhoon. Mrs. Jung asked me what I was studying for, but I told her I didn't know yet, saying that some of my interests included engineering, dentistry, accounting, and architecture. Mr. Jung's mood immediately lightened up as we started discussing engineering.
 
At that moment, a girl and her parents came and sat down with us.
 
"Good evening!" Said the mother.
 
"Good evening to you too!" Mr. Jung replied with a smile.
 
"We would like to introduce you to our daughter, Eunji." Said the father.
 
"It's so nice to see you, Mr. And Mrs. Jung!" She smiled. "And it's an honour to be an option as a daughter in-law!"
 
"That's wonderful! We would like to introduce you to our son, Ilhoon!" Mrs. Jung pointed, and he gave her a quick wave. She smiled and blushed, but Ilhoon stayed the way he was. "And his best friend, Hyorin."
 
"It's nice to meet you all!" I smiled. It took a lot not to cringe at the sound of 'best friend'.
 
We got our dinner early and started discussing the possibility of Eunji becoming the new Mrs. Jung. While the parents were talking, Eunji made some conversation with Ilhoon, and I remained quiet.
 
"Ilhoon-ssi, you're eighteen too, right?" Eunji asked, trying to act cute. It took a lot not to laugh.
 
"Yeah."
 
"Have you ever been in a relationship before?"
 
I side glanced, curious of his answer.
 
"Yeah, but that was a long time ago."
 
I looked over. Was he talking about us, or someone else? I wanted to know.
 
"She was my first love, but we couldn't be together. She wanted to see the world. I have to stay here..."
 
I instantly knew he was talking about me. 
 
"Do you still love her?" Eunji's expression saddened.
 
I elbowed Ilhoon in the side.
 
"No. I've learned to move on!" Ilhoon gave her a smile.
 
I smiled to myself. Of course I was sad that he had to say that, but I'm happy someone else is happy. They talked the rest of the dinner. Ilhoon told her funny stories, and she laughed. Mr. Jung would ask her some questions, and she happily answered them. It was late when we were ready to say our goodbyes. Mr. And Mrs. Jung pulled Eunji's parents aside to talk to them.
 
"So, Hyorin. You're eighteen too, right?" Eunji asked.
 
"Yes."
 
"How long have you been friends with Ilhoon-ssi?"
 
"Um, for a little more than a year. We met under odd circumstances, and since then, we've been good friends." I smiled.
 
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
 
"Yes, but he might not be anymore." I tried to keep up my smile.
 
"Really? I'm so sorry! What happened?" She put a hand on my shoulder and gave me a sympathetic look.
 
"He has an important job waiting for him in the future, so he can't waste his time on little, insignificant people like me."
 
I felt Ilhoon's gaze on me as Eunji pulled me into a huge. It almost made me cry when I realized I could be hugging my boyfriend's future wife.
 
Eunji's parents came back and we all said our goodbyes. Mr. Jung drove me to my house.
 
"Thank you for the lovely dinner!" I bowed.
 
"It was no problem. And remember! If you need anything that has to do with engineering, give me a call!" Mr. Jung smiled. I smiled back and walked to the front porch.
 
I heard footsteps and turned around to find Ilhoon running towards me and his parents driving away. He shrugged and we both entered my house.
 
"My baby girl!!" B-bomb yelled, running to hug me.
 
"Oppa! Enough with the love, okay?" I pushed him away and slumped on the couch.
 
"Hold on. Since when did you have attitude?" Zico looked at me.
 
"I'm going to bed. Night everyone!" I waved and walked up the steps.
 
I fell onto my bed and sighed. I was angry, jealous, annoyed and worst of all, I felt insignificant. Of course I loved Ilhoon, but marrying him so soon? I turned him down, but I don't want him with anyone else, at that moment, I would have happily said yes to the marriage. I quickly took a shower and went to bed.
 
The next morning, I woke up to find that Ilhoon had disappeared.
 
"Hey, Hyorin." Kyung said to me, sitting at the table eating his breakfast.
 
"Hey..." I slumped on the chair next to him.
 
"What's wrong? Feeling bummed about the dinner?"
 
"Let me guess. Ilhoon told you." I looked at him and sighed. He nodded. "Great! Now everyone knows! My boyfriend's getting married to someone else! She's beautiful, kind, talented and smart. What about her would he turn down..." I rested my head in my arms, trying to hide my crying face.
 
"Hyorin-ah! Come here a second!" I heard Taeil yell.
 
"I don't feel like, oppa!" I yelled back.
 
"No, I mean you HAVE to come here NOW!"
 
I got up, wiped my tears and trudged into the living room.
 
"I would turn her down, because she's not you!" Ilhoon smiled, holding a bouquet of sunflowers and wearing Zico's pj's.
 
I stared at him. The thing I wanted to do was run and hug him. Hug him so he could never leave, but I held myself back.
 
"I know I've already asked you this question," he got down on one knee and pulled out a small box. "But I'm approaching it differently and hoping there'll be a different answer." He opened the box, revealing a small white and yellow gold ring. "What would you say, if I asked you to marry me?"
 
My tears started to well up in my eyes. Yes. Yes. Yes. The only word repeating in my head was yes. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.
 
"Yes."
 
------------------------------------------
Bonjour, tous le monde! J'ai hâte de t'écrire cette histoire! J'espère que tu l'aime, parce que c'est vraiment un façon de me faire coucher.
Hello, everybody! I'm looking forward to writing this story for you! I hope you like, because it's really a way to make me sleep (with all my issues)
And as always,
ARIGATOGOZAIMASU.