Don't I get a say in it?!

My crazy, unpredictable life!

 

"What would you say...if I asked you to marry me?"
 
I stared wide eyed at him.
 
"I know what you would be thinking. I know it's rushed, but it has something to do with my parents... You already know I'm the heir of a huge corporation," I nodded, and he took a deep breath, "well, since I turned eighteen, my parents want to start passing on the responsibility, but my mom thinks that I should get married, so my parents are devising an arranged marriage."
 
I stayed quiet. All I could do was process what he was saying.
 
"But I don't want to get married to a complete stranger," I could see his eyes becoming teary. "when I'm madly in love with someone else!" He pulled me into a hug and started to cry.
 
"Ilhoon... I love you like crazy. My life has been quite troublesome, but I had my brothers to help me keep going, but that wasn't enough. When you came and we fell in love, I felt that missing love that I longed. I always felt this need to repay you, repay everyone for bringing me kindness. But getting married so soon?..."
 
"Please, think about it!" He broke the hug and looked at me with desperate eyes. "If I bring someone else to my parents, they'll agree!"
 
I looked him in the eyes. I was happy that he would think of me, but I have my whole life ahead of me. Being bound by marriage at such a young age? 
 
He sighed and cupped my face. "You know what? Don't worry. I'll hold my parents off until you agree."
 
"And who said I'll agree?" I said jokingly.
 
"I have my ways..." He smirked, making my heart race. He pecked me on the lips and hugged me again.
 
We walked back into the gym and to Block B and BtoB.
 
"Whoa!! Did something happen between you two?" Jaehyo asked, pointing at the two of us and raising an eyebrow.
 
"OMO! Did Hyorin break up with you! Don't worry, Ilhoon-ah!" Minhyuk ran to hug him. "Don't blame Hyorin for it. We all knew it was coming someday..." Minhyuk caressed his head and rocked back and forth.
 
"You thought she would break up with me?!" Ilhoon's voice squeaked when he pushed Minhyuk away and stared at everyone.
 
"Well...." Everyone looked a different way.
 
"You could always find a better looking Ilhoon, but Hyorin is beautifully unique!" Hyunsik put his hand on my shoulder.
 
"What?!?!"
 
"Sorry, hyung, but I can't disagree..." Sungjae shrugged.
 
"You guys! We didn't break up!!" I interrupted.
 
"Then why was he crying?" B-bomb joined in and looked at me.
 
"He was sad."
 
"Of what?"
 
"Ask him!!"
 
"My parents are making an arranged marriage for me..." Ilhoon hung his head.
 
"And you're crying because the girl you'll marry isn't, and never will be, as good as my baby girl, right!!" B-bomb gritted his teeth and glared at him.
 
"But, if I can find someone before that happens, there won't be an arranged marriage."
 
"And you're crying because nerd refused, right?" Zico asked.
 
Ilhoon looked at me. I hid my face in embarrassment. It already took everything I had not to cry.
 
"I'll wait 'til the end of time for her..." I heard Ilhoon say.
 
For the rest of the graduation, we were both quiet. I met Ilhoon's parents for the first time, but they thought I was just a really close friend, so they kept discussing the arranged marriage, until Ilhoon finally said something.
 
"Umma! Appa! I want you to stop talking about marriage in front of my girlfriend!!" He yelled. His parents turned to look at him in disbelief.
 
"You never told us you had a girlfriend!!" His mother put her hand on his arm.
 
"I never told you because you would tell me I couldn't be in a relationship!"
 
"You are getting married to the girl we choose, whether you like it or not!" His father shouted in anger.
 
"I'm a legal adult now, so you can't keep dictating my life!!"
 
"And I'm you father! I was given that right the day you were born!"
 
"So you're saying I should just leave the one I love, for some random girl YOU pick?!"
 
"Precisely."
 
"I'm staying with Hyorin, no matter what you say!" Ilhoon hissed, pulling me closer.
 
"How dare you defy me!"
 
"I'll defy you all I want if that means I can stay with Hyorin!" Ilhoon started to laugh sarcastically. "You know what? You are both the reason I had to beg Hyorin to marry me! I humiliated her in front of her brothers and friends, and the reason why she probably hates me now!"
 
"She can hate you all she wants! You and her won't be together for much longer!" His father began to smirk, as if he won the argument.
 
"Ilhoon, do you really love this girl?" His mother asked.
 
"Umma, I have never had a doubt in my mind." He calmed down and smiled.
 
"Honey, let's give her a chance. At the dinner tonight would be good!" His mother clapped and smiled at me. 
 
"I don't think-"
 
"Listen," Ilhoon's mother's expression became dark when she turned to glare at her husband. "I'm the boss here. If you dare to say anything, you will have to deal with me!"
 
Mr. Jung shut right up.
 
"Good! Now, Ilhonnie! We were having a dinner tonight to introduce you to this girl-"
 
"Why don't you just call it off?"
 
"We still have to give her a chance! She came a long distance just for you, so shut up and listen!" Ilhoon did just that. "Hyorin will act as your best friend and we'll question your possible future wife. If she is of good caliber, WE get to decide who you marry, alright?"
 
Ilhoon looked like he wanted to disagree, but he was way too scared. I, sadly, did not have a say in it
 
------------------------------------------------------
hey guys! Wazzup?
guess what? I confessed to the guy I like, and he told me he liked me back!! I'M SO HAPPY!! not...
I wish it was like that. The real story is, he told me he already knew how I liked him. At that moment, I freaked out and asked him to be only my friend, and nothing else. He said sure and now, we aren't awkward! I still like him though. Oh well. 
You know you're cool when...
You friend zone yourself....
 
Random note: I would hate to be Hyorin right now. Forced to eat with my boyfriend's possible wife?! Ah heck nah! Imma (curse word) slap that girl!
anyway....
I hope you continue to read my story. I know I , but hey, did I ever ask for your opinion?
NO!
ARIGATOGOZAIMASU