Things seem so simple~

Woohyun's mistake

 

Woohyun stared at the ground like it was the most interesting thing in the world. He could feel Sunggyu’s eyes boring holes in the top of his head and his heart was beating so fast he thought he was going to throw up. ‘Just lie Woohyun! Tell him a lie!’ He told himself but nothing came to mind. ‘Come on anything, I just need something to make him leave me alone and stop standing so close!’ He pleaded with himself.

“Nam Woohyun” Sunggyu’s tone was slightly menacing and Woohyun blurted out

 “You’ll hate me if I tell you.”

Sunggyu sighed and removed his arms from either side of Woohyun, instead using them to pull Woohyun to him and hold him close. “Nothing you could ever say would make me hate you. Just tell me Hyunnie, I’m feeling sick with worry.” Woohyun could feel his breath tickle the top of his head as he spoke and his gentle tone made Woohyun feel so comfortable and loved. Woohyun swore he was about to either throw up or just melt in to the ground. Unfortunately he did neither, instead he blurted out the words he was trying so hard to hold in.

“I like you.”

Sunggyu let out a breath he didn’t realise he was holding in.

“Oh thank god. I thought something awful had happened!” He chuckled slightly, still holding Woohyun tightly to him.

“Well depending on how you look at it this is something awful that’s happened.” Woohyun replied.

“How do you see it? Do you think it’s something awful that’s happened?” Sunggyu asked him. Woohyun let out a long shaky breath before replying

“yes.”

“Why?” Sunggyu’s tone was curious.

“Because you’ll never like me back.”

“You don’t know that.”

“Logic.”

“Logic and love are different things”

“I guess.”

“And I don’t hate you.”

“I’m glad.”

There was a pause while both tried to work out what the other was saying. Eventually Woohyun spoke again.

“So what do you think?” He asked, his voice and body shaky and the only reason he had not fallen down was because Sunggyu was still holding him.

“Well I’m confused. Do you mean you like me in the way you’d like a girl?” Sunggyu asked quietly. Woohyun wanted to die.

“Ugh yes.”

“So with kissing and stuff?”

“Yes. This conversation is awful. God damn it I will kill you Sunggyu!” Woohyun exclaimed burying his face in Sunggyu’s shoulder.

Sunggyu laughed. “Well I had to clarify!”

Silence enveloped them again before Sunggyu whispered, “my heart is beating really fast right now Woo.”

“What does that mean?”

“I don’t know.”

Woohyun huffed. “Fabulous.”

“Hey! Don’t you get sarcastic with me!” Sunggyu ruffled his hair and finally pulled back from him. “So what do you want to do now?”

Woohyun stared at him. “Define ‘now’…”

“As in with us.”

Woohyun stared at him again. “Um..I don’t know.”

Sunggyu smiled. “Ok let’s go back to the dorms then. We can sort this out another time.”

 

 

If Woohyun could go back in time he’d have never let it go any further.