Sleeping and waking troubles

Woohyun's mistake

When Woohyun came back into the room, Sunggyu was already asleep. Woohyun sighed, not sure whether he was relieved or disappointed. Part of him was glad that he wouldn't have to talk to Sunggyu but another part wished that he could chat to the other man for a bit. He wanted to spend every minute he could with the leader but at the same time, doing so caused him so much pain as he could never quite have what he wanted.

He looked at Sunggyu's sleeping figure, so peaceful and beautiful. I wish I could cuddle him. Woohyun shook his head at the thought and went straight to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. He needed to go to bed quickly, before he started thinking more about all the things he couldn't have. 

He looked at his reflection in the mirror and sighed; he looked like a mess. He hoped that it'd been too dark for Sunggyu to really look at him tonight because even now, hours later, he could tell he'd been crying. "Get it together Nam Woohyun" he told his reflection, lightly smacking his cheeks. He shook his head at himself and then the tap to wash his face. He quickly washed his face and brushed his teeth and then hurried to bed, trying not to give himself time to think. He got into bed quickly, making sure to be facing the wall instead of Sunggyu and shut his eyes, hoping he could will sleep to come.

It didn't. 

And the thoughts were beginning to creep into his consciousness. He could feel his stomach beginning to knot in a way that made him feel sick as he tried to fight the thoughts of all the things he wished he had. The cuddles, the kisses, holding hands, going on dates, the list never seemed to end. Sunggyu made him so happy that it hurt him. He could feel the tears threatening to escape again and he abruptly sat up and grabbed his phone, trying to find something to distract himself. As he grabbed his phone he felt something else on the bedside table. He turned his phone, using the light from the screen to see what it was. It was Sunggyu's ipod. Woohyun looked across at the sleeping figure, wondering whether he'd mind. He shrugged, deciding that it was worth the risk and grabbed the ipod.

His and Sunggyu's music taste was similar but not similar enough for Woohyun just to hit shuffle and listen to. Sunggyu didn't make playlists though, he was the type of person who just listened to whole albums, nothing like Woohyun who had copious amounts of playlists, ready for every occasion. He decided he would make a playlist for the night and delete it in the morning. He added SHINee, Epik High, Musiq Soulchild and Orange Caramel first, then went back through Sunggyu's music to get more songs whilst he listened to those. After awhile he got to the unknown album and he stopped. He remembered how embarassed Sunggyu had been in the bus but Woohyun also remembered how beautiful the songs had been. Telling himself that he'd delete the playlist before Sunggyu could ever know, he clicked add and then he locked the ipod and laid down.

The songs helped to calm his mind but he still couldn't get himself calm enough to sleep. He laid there, focusing on the songs, letting the instruments and lyrics fill his mind.Eventually it got to Sunggyu's songs.

Woohyun felt the songs soothe him, Sunggyu's melodious voice draining away his anxiety. All of the pain and worry ceased to exist as Sunggyu's voice and the soft piano became his whole being. The songs were both sad and happy but somehow they just made everything bad go away.

Woohyun didn't even know he was asleep until he was woken up by his phone buzzing under his pillow. He pulled it out and checked the caller ID. 

Kim Kibum :*

Woohyun groaned and answered the call 

"Ya, what~"

"HEY! Don't be rude to me!!" Key responded in his usual melodramatic manner. Woohyun scoffed.

"Whatever, I was still asleep so it was rude of YOU to call!"

"HA! Right! As if! YOU'RE rude for not being up since five am waiting for my call! It's like you don't even love me!"

"Pssh, took you long enough to realise!" Woohyun was grinning by now, Key was fun to tease.

"OH! Well THAT was mean!" Key exclaimed.

Woohyun laughed. "Whatever diva, what did you disturb my beauty sleep for?!"

Key huffed on the other end of the line, "I WAS calling to organise to catch up with you at eleven but considering how RUDE you've been, I'm not sure I WANT to!"

Woohyun rolled his eyes, momentarily forgetting that his best friend couldn't see. "What time is it right now?" 

"Sometime after nine, I think it's like quarter past" 

"Alright, eleven will work then. Where should I meet you?"

Key told Woohyun a cafe that was about fifteen minute walk from where he was staying and Woohyun agreed to meet him there at eleven.

"Bai!~"

Woohyun heard the dial tone and smiled. Key never changed.

He looked across at the other bed and saw that it was empty. It figured, Sunggyu was always up before him. He suddenly remembered about Sunggyu's ipod and searched the sheets for it. He couldn't find it anywhere and he was beginning to freak out. He got out of bed and pulled all the sheets back. Still nowhere. He looked under and around the bed. Still nowhere. He sat on the floor, not sure what to do next. He sat there for a bit, just looking around in dismay before putting his phone on charge and starting to look for the ipod again.

He was searching under his bed again when Sunggyu came in. 

"What are you doing??" Woohyun banged his head on the bottom of the bed at Sunggyu's words. "OW!"

Woohyun groaned as he shuffled out from under the bed, rubbing his head and dreading happening to have to tell Sunggyu that he lost his ipod. He sat up and looked at Sunggyu and stopped. 

His ipod was in his hand but more than that, he was all sweaty from (Woohyun assumed) going for a run. His shirt clung to his chest, his hair was a mess and his cheeks were red. He looked... well Woohyun wished he didn't have to just look. 

"Woo?" Sunggyu's voice snapped him out of his thoughts and he turned away. 

"Uh sorry, I was looking for your ipod, I thought I'd lost it but it seems you have it so I guess it was a waste of time." He was now trying to rearrange his bed, trying to avoid looking at Sunggyu.

"Oh, sorry to make you worry, I wanted it to go for a run but you were sleeping so peacefully that I didn't want to wake you so I just took it. I didn't think you'd get so worried about it." Sunggyu sounded too apologetic for the topic of conversation and Woohyun felt like maybe Sunggyu was trying to apologise for more than just the ipod.

"Nah it's fine, I'm just silly is all, don't be so apologetic." He turned around to smile at the leader, hoping to convey that he was fine. Sunggyu just sighed. 

"I know I'm probably the last person you want to talk to about things but you know that I'm still your best friend right? I'm still here for you, if you can't sleep at night or you feel like you're going to cry during the day, I'm still here as your best friend so don't be afraid to ask for help." Sunggyu looked so concerned for Woohyun that Woohyun just wanted to die. Why couldn't he be better at concealing everything? He was such a burden to Sunggyu and Sunggyu was still kind enought to offer help and support for something that was all Woohyun's own fault.

 you need to stop blaming yourself so much. Woohyun suddenly remembered Dongwoo's words and he felt a bit guilty. He had promised Dongwoo he would try not to blame himself but where else could the blame go? It was no one but his own fault.

"I know Gyu, don't worry about me, I'm fine I promise" Woohyun smiled at the leader, trying to convince him of his honesty but Sunggyu didn't look like he believed him. Before he could say anything else, Woohyun walked up and turned him towards the bathroom, pushing him towards it. "Now go shower! You stink!" Sunggyu looked startled but then laughed, "always so kind Woo" he teased and headed off to the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

He looked down at his hands, still able to feel Sunggyu's toned back on his hands. How he'd wanted to wrap his arms around the leaders waist and rest his head on his shoulder. 

Woohyun shook his head and gathered together some clothes and his toiletries and headed to Dongwoo and Hoya's room. He needed a shower right now and then he needed to go for a walk or something. 

He could hear loud hip hop coming from the pairs room and he had to knock quite a few times before Dongwoo finally opened the door. "Oh hey Woohyun! Wassup?"

"Sorry to ruin your dance party but can I use your bathroom?"

"As long as you don't tell us to turn off our music, I have no objections to that at all!" Dongwoo smiled, opening the door fully for Woohyun to come in. Hoya waved to him from his spot sat on his bed, flicking through his ipod. Woohyun just smiled back and headed into the bathroom.

The hot water on his skin soothed him and after awhile he began to feel a lot calmer and after he had washed himself he stood in the shower until the hot water ran out. He hopped that the other two had already had showers...

He got dressed slowly, trying to waste as much time as possible so that there would be less time before he had to leave and meet Key.

When he finally emerged from the bathroom, Hoya was gone but Dongwoo was there, going through his bag, clearly looking for something in particular. "Thanks for letting me use your bathroom Dongwoo, I hope you two have had your showers though, because I ran out the hot water..."  

Dongwoo looked up at the vocal, and smiled. "Of course you did." he teased and Woohyun just poked out his tongue and Dongwoo just rolled his eyes and went back to looking for whatever he was looking for.

"Where's Hoya?"

"Him and Sunggyu went down to buy some food."

"What's the time?"

"Ten thirty." Woohyun's eyebrows shot up in shock "Really?!" Dongwoo looked at the vocal again and laughed.

"Yes, you took your time in the bathroom Woohyun."

Woohyun was impressed with his time wasting abilities, he could probably leave now to go meet Key really and because Sunggyu was out he wouldn't have to face him until he came back.

"Well, I'm going to leave then. I'm meeting up with Key at eleven and I want to walk there so I should go."

Dongwoo smiled at him, "that'll be nice! Have fun! Text me when your coming back in case we're out and I'll tell you where we are."

Woohyun nodded and smiled back at the dinasour. "Thanks Dongwoo, I'll see you later!"

A/N 

Feeling very obsessed with WooGyu, and Woohyun and Sunggyu individually, since last night! And 'True Swag' by Jun K haha~ It was an odd night last night ...haha~

I might double update. I didn't plan to write this chapter, it sort of happened. And it was getting long so I thought I'd leave it here and I'll get to the Key stuff next chapter (this was one hundred percent not the plan omfg)

I want to get to the Key stuff though so I'm going to try and finish my homework asap and come back to this and write the next chapter haha

I hope you guys didn't find this too boring! I don't know where it came from, it just happened...

hamstergyu-sunggyu-sungkyu-30627940-450-

I love y'all! <333333