Let me help you

Woohyun's mistake

Flashback

"Maybe he's got feelings for me." Woohyun suggested one day to Sunggyu.The two had hijacked Sunggyu's room whilst Myungsoo was out and were currently sitting on Sunggyu's bed with their backs against the wall, Sunggyu's head resting on Woohyun's shoulder, their hands intertwined. It had been a week since the room swap and there was still no change with Sungyeol and Myungsoo. Well, other than them possibly hating each other even more. 

Sunggyu snorted at Woohyun's suggestion, making the vocal pout and shove him. "Hey! Don't snort like it's such an unbelieveable thought!"

Sunggyu rolled his eyes, "Sungyeol has not got feelings for you Woohyun."

"He could do!" Woohyun argued. "Think about it! He got like this after everyone found out we were together! AND he demanded to room with me!"

"Woohyun," Sunggyu sat up so he was looking at the other vocal, "trust me, no one in Infinite is stupid enough to have feelings for you but me." Woohyun tried to argue but Sunggyu continued. "Also, Sungyeol started acting oddly before they found out we got together."

Woohyun pouted again, "could've at least pretended to be jealous."

Sunggyu rolled his eyes again but then something seemingly occured to him.

"Hey Hyun," Woohyun only continued to pout but Sunggyu knew he was listening. "What if he does have feelings but they're not for you? What if he's got feelings for Myungsoo?"

Woohyun stopped pouting, his expression turning serious and he stopped to think for a minute.

"You could be right."

Both sat in silence for a moment, thinking over this new possibility. The more they thought about it, the more it seemed to make sense.

"But," Woohyun finally broke the silence, "even if that's true, he'd never admit to it. I mean, he doesn't even speak to any of us, especially not me."

Sunggyu nodded, "I know."

After another few minutes of silence, Woohyun suddenly clicked his fingers, turning to Sunggyu, his eyes bright. "I've got it!"

Well, the plan worked in a way. Assuming he took Sungyeol's crying to be comfirmation, that is.

Because that was what Sungyeol was doing.

Crying.

And Woohyun was a little lost as to what to do to be honest.

"Hey Sungyeol? Sungyeol? You okay?"

But Sungyeol didn't respond, simply continuing to cry. Woohyun felt awful, he wanted to help Sungyeol, not make him cry. On the other hand though, if Sungyeol's problem really was that he had feelings for Myungsoo, then maybe the crying was helping a little. Woohyun knew what it felt like to bottle it all up inside and how it felt when finally it all became too much; was this that moment for Sungyeol?

Woohyun sighed and shook his head. Whatever the reason, the poor beanpole member was crying like his heart was breaking and Woohyun could think of only one thing to do.

He pulled the tall boy into a hug.

The two men just sat there for a long time, Sungyeol crying into Woohyun's shoulder and Woohyun holding him, rubbing circles on his back.

Eventually, Sungyeol calmed down, his crying reduced to sniffing, and he pulled away from Woohyun.

"Don't worry, I wont tell anyone we hugged, we both have our reputations." Woohyun joked and was pleased when Sungyeol half smiled.

"I have a reputation to keep, I'm not so sure about you." Sungyeol managed to retort, his voice still too soft and broken for the comment to have it's full effect but Woohyun was glad to hear it. It was the only truly Sungyeol remark he'd heard in a while.

There was silence for a minute, Woohyun a little hesitant to push the subject of Myungsoo after Sungyeol's original reaction but he knew that if he didn't they would only end up back where they started.

"So... I'm gathering I was correct?"

Sungyeol gave him a 'really-ya-think?' look. "No, you were actually so incorrect it made me cry." Sungyeol said sarcastically.

Woohyun rolled his eyes. "Look, I just thought I'd better double check I wasn't misunderstanding."

"For once, no, you're not." Sungyeol retorted, then he sighed. "I might've expected Sunggyu to catch on but I didn't really think you would."

Woohyun decided not to tell him that it actually had been Sunggyu to figure it out and not him. "So how long have you felt this way?"

Sungyeol sighed, "I don't know, like four or five months?"

"Really?!" Woohyun exclaimed, surprised that this had been going on for so long; no wonder Sungyeol had had such a meltdown...

"No. I'm lying." Sungyeol's sarcasm was in full swing this conversation; Woohyun sensed it was in part because he was feeling vulnerable but mostly it was just because he was good at being sarcastic. "Yes really you dimwit!"

Woohyun chose to ignore the fact that Sungyeol called him a dimwit, there were more pressing matters at hand. 

"So why are you always picking fights with Myungsoo and pretending to be homophobic?"

Sungyeol huffed, "I'm sure it seems stupid to you but you wouldn't get it. Sunggyu reciprocates your feelings, that makes things pretty simple."

"Wait, did you tell Myungsoo and he rejected you, is that it?" 

"No."

"Then why are you acting this way?"

Sungyeol made a dismissive noise, "see? I told you you wouldn't get it. You just assume it's either reciprocation or rejection because you scored reciprocation."

Woohyun rolled his eyes. "Sunggyu and I might be going out now but I liked him for around a year before he confessed to me and in that year he rejected me on multiple occasions. I know complicated Sungyeol, I just don't know what's been going on with you two for the past five months so I need you to explain a bit."

Sungyeol looked surprised by this new information. "Wait, he rejected you originally?"

Now it was Woohyun's turn to sigh, "I guess it wasn't flat out rejection but I told him how I felt and he could only give me friendship in return for a long time."

"Is that why you were so weird for a while?" Sungyeol asked, puzzle pieces seemingly fitting together in his head.

"Yeah."

Sungyeol was silent for a while, seemingly thinking over this new information. Woohyun waited, sure that eventually Sungyeol would say something.

"Myungsoo doesn't know. I can't tell him. Maybe three months ago I could have, but not now."

"What happened?"

Sungyeol looked at the ground, "I don't really know to be honest, it was just one day he stopped talking to me so much and started hanging out with Sungjong more. Like we've always been good friends, the three of us, I mean all seven of us get along obviously but the three of us sharing a room made us a good trio. Sometimes we'd hang out the three of us, sometimes in pairs, whatever worked."

Sungyeol paused for second as if reflecting on what he'd said before continuing.

"So, what I'm trying to say is that it's not like Myungsoo and I always hung out together or anything but a lot of the time we did, whether just us two or not. But then one day, it just stopped."

"What do you mean it just stopped? What did?"

Sungyeol looked up from the floor to face Woohyun, "our friendship, it just ended. It wasn't like he never spoke to me or avoided or ignored me but he was distant. He wouldn't ask me to go anywhere with him and if I asked him to go somewhere with me he'd either decline or invite Sungjong along as well. He didn't seek me out for anything and we didn't chat about things or play games together anymore. Everything was a group activity,either the three of us or more."

Sungyeol sighed, "I mean, I guess it wouldn't have mattered too much, I might not have thought so much of it if that had been all. But he didn't just get distant from everyone, he only got distant from me and when he did, he suddenly got very close with Sungjong. And not just like, he got as close with Sungjong as he had been with me, but he was actually closer with Sungjong than he ever had been with me. That was what really hurt; I wasn't just replaced, it was more like I'd just been there until he could get close to Sungjong."

Sungyeol fell silent. He was no longer looking at Woohyun, his face turned to look at the wall behind him. Woohyun could see that he was trying to keep his composure so he didn't say anything, just waited for Sungyeol to be ready.

"I'd actually thought I'd had a chance with him, that maybe he'd like me back. I almost told him how I felt, and then suddenly it all changed and it was like a big slap across the face. I was just another member of Infinite to him. He was indifferent to me, he thought I was alright. That was it. And that hurt more than if he'd hated me. I started declining going out in groups with him unless I had to. It was hard to be around him and have him be friendly to me, it just reminded me of how little he thought of me and how much I thought of him.

But then, he started checking up on me. It was like he felt guilty or something, or maybe it was just because we're rrommates and bandmates and he thought it was his duty or something. Whatever the reason, he started asking me why I wouldn't come out to hang out or play games or whatever. He'd offer to hang out in our room together and talk or something. Everytime I refused he'd be a little bit more pushy. Part of me wanted to back down but I knew that if I did that, I'd end up confessing. And everytime I declined, he'd eventually go hang out with Sungjong and they'd have the time of their lives, as per usual, and I was reminded that his care wasn't like my care."

Sungyeol went silent again for a moment and then he turned to look at Woohyun once again.

"You know what one of the saddest things about getting to know someone is?"

Woohyun simply shook his head.

"You learn how to make them hate you." Sungyeol smiled sadly at the ground for a moment then took a deep breath. "So that's what I did. I made him hate me. I made him never want to speak to me, to not check up on me, or care for me in the slightest. 

I mean, I guess in some ways I made him care about me more than he did before. Sometimes I feel kind of grateful that at least now he doesn't just feel indifferent to me." Sungyeol laughed bitterly at himself.

Woohyun sighed, "jesus Sungyeol."

"So that's why I'm acting this way." 

Woohyun sighed again, "and you didn't tell anyone or talk to anyone about anything this whole time?"

Sungyeol shook his head.

"No wonder you had such a meltdown, my god. I'm surprised it wasn't worse." Woohyun shook his head in dismay. "Is it the height? Are you able to keep so much inside because you're so tall so there's more space to fill it with?"

Sungyeol snorted, "that's the stupidest thing I've heard."

"That's what I'm here for," Woohyun replied half heartedly. "Jesus Sungyeol, though, seriously, you can't go on like this."

Sungyeol shrugged, "I don't have many other options. I mean, I told you all this, doesn't that lighten the loud or some ?"

"I had both Dongwoo and Hoya to talk to and I still had more breakdowns than I can count. Talking only helps to an extent when you have to see the other person involved day in and day out."

"Breakdowns aren't the worst things, so long as none happen in public it wont matter."

Woohyun gave Sungyeol a disapproving look, "that's not a solution and plus, it's bad for your health, eventually you'll get sick."

Suddenly, Sungyeol snapped, his voice raising and his tone agressive, "Well, I haven't really got a huge amount of options, do I?! I mean, what the can I do?! Quit Infinite?!"

"Don't you dare quit Infinite" Woohyun glared at the other man.

"Well what the  do you propose then?!"

Woohyun sighed, "look, Sungyeol, you don't even know for sur-"

"I'm not telling him how I feel. Ever. Don't even try me." Sungyeol said venemously.

"Lee Sungyeol," Woohyun's voice was steely, "even if Myungsoo doesn't like you, at least you can work things out with him, come to some arrangement that both of you can deal with that doesn't hurt each other."

"Oh yeah? How'd that work out for you before Sunggyu changed his mind? Was it good being friends with someone who didn't like you back? Because by the way you acted, it didn't seem like it!" Sungyeol spat back.

Woohyun cursed under his breathe. 

"Look, thanks for trying to help and but I'm doing fine with how things are so just forget I told you anything, okay?" Sungyeol told the vocal, standing up.

"Hey, Sungyeo-"

"I'm going out, I'll be back later." And with that Sungyeol left.

Woohyun groaned. Why did things have to be so complicated? He thought he was the only one who had drama but now he realised how wrong he was.

'God I hope no one else has any big dramas, I don't think I'd be able to deal with that!'

He sighed and rose from his seat on the bed, figuring he may as well go talk to Sunggyu and see if maybe the leader had any ideas. 

He opened the door and started walking towards Sunggyu's room when a hand grabbed his shoulder to stop him. Woohyun turned around and found himself facing none other than the visual who was causing so many issues.

"Hey Woohyun, is Sungyeol okay? He went out slamming the door and he didn't look so good..." After all that Sungyeol had said, Woohyun felt surprised by how worried Myungsoo seemed. He seems like he cares a LOT to me... 

"Yeah, he's okay, he's just chucking a bit of a hissyfit because I beat him in Temple Run." Woohyun lied. He could tell Myungsoo didn't believe him but the visual just nodded.

"Okay then, just thought I'd better check. Thanks."

"That's okay."

Woohyun watched Myungsoo go back to the loungeroom, sitting down next to Sungjong who was waiting for him so that they could continue their game. He was tempted to go ask the visual why he was hanging out with Sungjong so much but he thought the better of it; that didn't seem like it would actually solve much.

Plus, watching Myungsoo now, he seemed preoccupied, as if his mind was elsewhere. Sungjong must have noticed too because he paused the game and turned to Myungsoo and asked him something; Woohyun couldn't hear from where he was. Myungsoo nodded in response to Sungjong and Sungjong sighed, looking exasperated. Sungjong said something else and this time Myungsoo furiously shook his head and when Sungjong went to say something else Myungsoo simply turned back to the game, resuming playing without a word. Sungjong glared at the visual and then followed suit.

Woohyun decided this wasn't helping, especially considering he couldn't even hear what the two men were saying, so he turned around, heading towards Sunggyu's room.

Sunggyu was standing in the middle of the room with his back to the door when Woohyun walked in. He tell just by the seet of the leader's shoulders that he was thinking hard about something. Woohyun smirked and crept up to the other man, wrapping his arms around his waist and resting his face in the crook of his neck when he reached him. Sunggyu started, not having realised anyone else was in the room, but quickly relaxed as he realised it was Woohyun, wrapping his arms around the vocal's and intertwining their hands.

"Ever heard of knocking?" The leader asked.

"Hmmm I  have but it just doesn't seem as much fun..." Woohyun replied, resting his chin on Sunggyu's shoulder to speak.

Sunggyu rolled his eyes but he was smiling.

"So how did things go with Sungyeol?"

Woohyun sighed, "well, you were right, he has feelings for Myungsoo."

Sunggyu nodded, "I'm often right about these things."

Woohyun snorted at the obnoxious statement making the leader glare at him. Woohyun just grinned mischeviously back.

"What else did he say?" Sunggyu asked after rolling his eyes at the vocal.

Woohyun sighed again, "well, originally he just cried for a while, which, I must admit, was kind of scary and I really hope I never make Sungyeol cry again, honestly..."

Woohyun then went on to explain the whole story to Sunggyu, also explaining how broken and hurt Sungyeol had been and also about his encounter with Myungsoo afterwards and how it had seemed like Myungsoo really cared.

Sunggyu nodded, "I also wouldn't have said Myungsoo doesn't care, or is just pretending to care. From what I've seen, he cares a lot."

"Why do you say that?"

"He asks me every night if I've spoken to Sungyeol that day and if for some reason I have he always wants to know what he said and if he seemed okay. And I'm exaggerating, I actually mean every night." Sunggyu said the last bit with slight exasperation that made Woohyun giggle a little.

"It all just doesn't add up though, like Sungyeol can't be wrong about everything, he's not delusional guy. So why did Myungsoo suddenly stop hanging out with Sungyeol? And why does he care now? I just don't get it..."

Sunggyu nodded, agreeing with Woohyun. "I think they're both missing information about each other as well, which is making it all worse. They need to talk to each other."

"But how do we get that to happen? Sungyeol won't let Myungsoo get anywhere near him and if so completely against telling Myungsoo how he feels. And Sungyeol never backs down on things, once he's set on it."

Both were silent for a while, thinking it all over and trying to come up with a solution.

Suddenly Sunggyu squeezed Woohyun's hands and smiled at him, "I've got it."

Woohyun raised an eyebrow at him, dubious that he'd managed to think up a solution so quickly. Sunggyu ignored the look of doubt, knowing that when he told Woohyun his plan he'd agree.

"All of Infinite can have a bit of a drinking night and we'll make sure to get Sungyeol quite drunk. He may be stubborn sober but drunk he'll say anything that's on his mind. And, if it's an all of Infinite thing he wont be able to decline."

Woohyun nodded in agreeance; Sunggyu's plan was good, it would work well!

Suddenly, a thought occured to Woohyun and a mischevious smirk came across his face. Sunggyu gave him a dubious look, "what are you smirking about?"

"I'm so getting you drunk." 

finally finished it! I can't belive it ended up being so long... That wasn't planned...Ooops...

tumblr_mdt3hwxfXF1qm9rj5o1_500.gif

Poor Sungyeol, huh? But how does Myungsoo actually feel? Does he really like Sungjong better? Find out next week! (Or next month most likely really...Ha...)

tumblr_mg5p2rZiIM1r2mivjo1_250.gif

So, I hope you liked this chapter and look forward to drunk Infinite! Woo! What could happen??? And will Woohyun actually get Sunggyu drunk?!

tumblr_mg5p2rZiIM1r2mivjo2_250.gif

Okay, enough with my stupid questions LOL

tumblr_lv28b0k1yJ1qa56ljo1_500.gif

Oh, and as per what now seems like usual, because it took me so freaking long to update, here are some MyungYeol fanfics that I reckon are worth a read! Enjoy!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/911349/my-moves-are-better-infinite-myungsoo-myungyeol-sungyeol-woogyu-hojong

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/947197/the-college-years-infinite-myungyeol-woogyu-hojong

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/938174/love-is-in-the-air-fluff-myungsoo-myungyeol-sungyeol

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/919787/by-day-and-by-night-fluff-infinite-myungsoo-myungyeol-sungyeol-collegeau

Until I next update, I hope you enjoy this chapter and I love you all! <3333333

3359_original.gif

P.S I love Sunggyu's solo! I liked his first album a bit better but this one is still so good! And can't wait for an Infinite comeback!