A KEY Helper

Woohyun's mistake

"WOOHYUN!" Key was far too loud for Woohyun's liking and he quickly looked around, hoping no fans were about. Seemingly there weren't as no one even flinched at the sight of the two idols, one of whom was running towards the other across the cafe. 

Key really didn't understand the idea of keeping a low profile.

Woohyun opened his arms as Key reached him and the two hugged.

After awhile they broke apart and Key led Woohyun over to the table he had been sitting at before he'd screamed his name and run over. Key was always like this when they met up; it was partially because they hardly ever got to see each other but mostly because Key thought his life was a drama. No joke.

"I shouldn't have hugged you actually!" Key exclaimed as they sat down.

Woohyun gave Key a puzzled look, "why not?"

"Because you were so rude to me this morning! I'm rewarding bad behaviour right now!" Key shook his head disapprovingly at himself. Woohyun couldn't help but laugh a little at his friend's absurdity. Sometimes he forgot how odd Key was.

"I thought you were going to say because it drew a lot of attention to us and we can't be sure that there are no fans around, but okay, sure, that's also a valid reason." Woohyun teased. Key just rolled his eyes at the older.

"There are always fans around when you're with me. Literally everyone is a fan of me!"

"Are you saying I don't have fans?!" Woohyun scoffed at Key.

Key rolled his eyes, "well you do but clearly not as many as me!"

Before Woohyun could reply, the waiter came over and they ordered drinks; Key got a caramel latte and Woohyun got a frappe. He felt like sugar right now but his sleep deprivation called for some caffiene too so it seem like his best option. After they had ordered Woohyun turned back to Key.

"So how are things with Jonghyun?" He asked, speaking slightly quieter than before out of precaution. Key's face lit up at the question and he smiled before realising what he was doing and trying to act more nochalant.

"He's a as always" he said, trying to pass the whole thing off. Woohyun rolled his eyes at the younger man. 

"Yeah whatever, that's not the response your expression led me to before." 

Key poked out his tongue at him, "whatever! Maybe I don't want to tell you anything else!"

Woohyun shrugged, "that's fine by me."

Key eyed the older for a minute and when he didn't say anything else he huffed. "FINE! I'll tell you but ONLY because you CLEARLY want to know!"

Woohyun rolled his eyes at the drama queen but had to resist the urge to smile at the happy glint in his eyes. There was a certain expression that you could only get from Key when Jonghyun was spoken about and it was one that seemed to light up the whole room, no matter how much he tried to cover it. Woohyun was always glad to hear that things were going well between them. He knew Key tried not to talk about it too much though, because of his situation with Sunggyu, but Woohyun honestly didn't mind hearing about it. He was just happy that his best friend was happy. 

"So last weekend was our three year anniversary right? And I was so excited but I didn't say anything to Jonghyun because I didn't want to... well... you know, I wanted him to remember of his own accord! And so it came to the day and I got up and he'd gone out! Like just to go get some groceries! So I thought he'd forgotten and so I was so upset! I went straight back to bed! And then Onew comes in and tells me to get up and get dressed because we have to go out and I was so pissy and I argued with him about it until eventually I caved and went and got ready and when I came out there was a note saying they'd all left and I swear, I was about to kill someone and then Jonghyun came out with my favourite type of cake and a present and then he spent the rest of the day with me and it was so cute I was so happy!" Key had told the whole story at a million miles per hour and Woohyun wasn't entirely sure how he hadn't passed out whilst telling it.

"That sounds so nice" Woohyun smiled at his friend, who had seemingly began to daydream about the day. He snapped out of it at his friends words and smiled at him, before his face turned serious.

"Don't. I'm fine, I don't mind." Woohyun gave Key a stern look, trying to stop him saying what he knew he was about to say.

"I know, I just... How are things? And tell me honestly, don't gloss over all the bad bits like I know you normally do" He glared at Woohyun as he said the last bit. 

Woohyun sighed, "you get so worried though, it's not worth worrying about. It's my own fault, I need to deal with it."

Key stared at the older boy for a bit and then huffed. 

"Nam Woohyun, don't make me tell you off again for your self blame." Woohyun rolled his eyes at the younger boy, making Key glare at him. "I'm serious Woohyun! It's not anyone's fault and even if it was, it's certainly not yours!"

They paused the conversation for a moment as the waiter came over to give them their drinks. Key took a sip of his caramel latte, trying to calm himself down a bit. Woohyun just poked the straw in the drink a bit before sighing.

"Look, both you and Dongwoo keep trying to tell me this and I know what you mean and you might be right but I can't just not blame myself. Maybe my feelings aren't my fault but I chose to tell Sunggyu, I chose to make life harder for him and most of all I chose to put the most important relationship I've ever had at risk for a relationship that will never be. So forgive me for not being able to stop blaming myself because I'm pretty sure most of the blame lies with me."

The icy tone of Woohyun's voice scared Key; he believed too much in what he was saying and Key knew that when Woohyun was set on something, he wouldn't budge. He hated seeing Woohyun like this though; he used to always be so carefree and joyful, and now... well things were hard now.

"Well, tell me what's been happening. I haven't had a chance to talk to you about it for awhile so bring me up to speed and I might be able to help somehow," Key insisted. 

Woohyun looked at the younger for a bit, trying to decide if he really wanted to tell him all that had happened and how he'd been feeling lately but before he could even decide he felt all the words begin to spill out of his mouth and he just kept talking until he'd told Key everything.

Key listened silently as Woohyun spoke, watching the emotions flick across his face as he told him of the good things and the bad things, the things he had and the things he wished he had. How hard it could be. How much he wished he could shut his feelings off. And just how much Sunggyu meant to him in every sense.

After Woohyun had finished Key was silent for awhile. 

When he finally spoke, he spoke slowly and carefully.

"I'm not sure if I should say this because I think it may quite possibly just make things worse for you..."

He stopped again, seemingly thinking. Woohyun watched the younger man, waiting for him to continue. Key took another sip of his coffee and then took a deep breathe.

"I don't think you've got a crush on him anymore Woohyun."

Woohyun was about to argue with him when Key continued.

"I think you've fallen in love."

Woohyun felt his heart stop. He swore it was hard to breathe.

No.

No, it couldn't be.

It was just a crush.

Crushes pass.

Sunggyu couldn't be his first love.

No. 

Please no.

And then Woohyun vomitted.

A/N I hope you guys liked it!!!! I tried to update as soon as possible, I hope it was worth it!

I've been listening to a playlist of purely SHINee and Infinite and ToHeart songs whilst writing this. Feeling so much love for SHINee and Infinite atm! And Infinite's new album is AMAZING! Love the Last Romeo mv! Keep forgetting to mention that so I FINALLY REMEMBERED!

But can we just stop for a minute to talk about the fact that THERE ARE FIFTY OF YOU SUBSCRIBED TO THIS STORY LIKE WHAT I DIDN'T EXPECT TEN AND THERE ARE FIFTY OF YOU HOW WHY THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU <333333333333

I had more plans for this chapter but this seemed like a good spot to stop so I did. 

I HAVE LIKE SO MUCH PLANNED BUT IT'S AT SO MANY RANDOM SPOTS OMFG THIS MAY NEVER END...

Anyway, please tell me what you think and I'll try and update again soon, probably later in the week :3

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! <3333333333333333333

And lastly, here's the cutie pie friends for you hehe~

tumblr_lx9oen2kyG1qd2ojpo1_500.gif

Baiiiii!~ <3