I wish I could woo Gyu

Woohyun's mistake

It lasted three weeks in the end.

Woohyun tried to make it work, he tried to like her as more than just a friend. She was pretty and kind and funny but all Woohyun saw was that she wasn’t Sunggyu.

So after three weeks he ended things, apologetic for wasting her time.

Mi Yong took it well though, unsurprised by it and asking only if a further friendship was possible as dating him had basically seemed like friendship anyway. Woohyun agreed to that and so they parted ways with very little lost.

Woohyun was upset though, not because he liked Mi Yong, but because he couldn’t. He’d wanted so badly to be able to move on and now Sunggyu was almost done with promotions he was running out of time to do so.

 

When Woohyun got home from breaking up with Mi Yong he went straight to Dongwoo and Hoya’s room, he didn’t want to be alone right now. The two men were engrossed in their own things, Hoya listening to music and rapping along and Dongwoo doing something on his computer. Woohyun said nothing and just sat on the floor between the two beds, staring off into space. After a minute Dongwoo sensed his presence and looked up.

“Oh, hey Woohyun, how’d it go?”

No response.

Dongwoo waited for a moment but when Woohyun made no move to respond, or even move at all actually, Dongwoo looked over at Hoya. The other rapper was still engrossed in his music and hadn’t even noticed that Woohyun was in the room.

Dongwoo picked up his phone and texted him.

Hey, Woohyun is here and he’s not speaking. Or moving. Help.

Dongwoo saw Hoya get the message and he looked up, surprised by the new information. When he spotted Woohyun his eyebrows furrowed and he pulled his earphones out.

“Woohyun.”

The vocal still had no response.

“Woohyun” Hoya tried again.

Woohyun looked up this time. He looked surprised to see Hoya staring at him.

“Sorry, what?”

“What’s wrong?” Dongwoo piped up. Woohyun turned to look at him, his expression still kind of distant.

“I don’t know.”

“Was Mi Yong upset?” Hoya tried. Woohyun stared at him blankly for a second and then realising what Hoya had said he shook his head.

“Nah, she said she was unsurprised and just asked to be friends.”

“Well, that’s good then right?” Hoya was trying desperately to work out what had brought his friend to look like this.

“Yeah.”

But the minimal responses were making it extremely difficult for either of the rappers to gage what was going on.

Suddenly Woohyun spoke.

“I’m such an idiot.”

Dongwoo and Hoya looked at each other, not sure how to react or to respond. Before they could work out what to do though, Woohyun spoke again.

“I’ll never get over him.”

Hoya sighed, “Woohyun, don’t be like that. It’s not an easy thing to do, but just because it didn’t work out this time, doesn’t mean you won’t eventually move on.”

Silence.

“Woohyun, don’t beat yourself up about things you can’t control.” Dongwoo told him.

Silence.

Suddenly Woohyun stood.

“I want to sleep.”

Neither men argued with him, watching him walk out of the room with concern.

Woohyun walked across the hall into his and Sunggyu’s room, and upon entering he walked straight over to Sunggyu’s bed.

He stood there for a moment and then he pulled back the sheets and laid down.

Even though the bed had been unused for over a month now, with Sunggyu staying in hotels and other places while he recorded and promoted, it still smelt of him and the smell soothed him.

After all, no matter how much he hated it, he still loved Sunggyu.

 

The week passed both agnosingly slowly and incredibly fast at the same time. Woohyun didn’t know if he wanted the week to end or to never end and because of that the week felt like it ran on its very own timeframe.

But the week did pass and Sunggyu’s promotions ended.

Today was the day Sunggyu came back and Woohyun didn’t know what to do.

So he stayed in his room. At least that way he could put off seeing Sunggyu for as long as possible. Hopefully.

Woohyun felt sick anyway, from the anxiety of facing Sunggyu again. At the same time though, he felt ill from excitement; he’d missed the leader immensely.

It reached 6pm and Woohyun had still not seen Sunggyu. He didn’t even know if Sunggyu was back yet. Woohyun’s phone was off and no one had come in since one, at which time Dongwoo and Hoya had come to check up on him but Woohyun had told them he just wanted to be alone.

Woohyun stood from his spot on the bed and went over to the window to look out at the sky. It was still tinged with a mix of colours, not quite dark enough to have gone to a dark blue yet. The stars were beginning to show though and so the scenery was at its prettiest of the day, in Woohyun’s opinion.

“Is the sky pretty?”

Sunggyu’s voice punctured the silence. Woohyun spun around in shock, not expecting the voice. Sunggyu smiled softly at him and Woohyun thought he was going to vomit.

It’s so much worse seeing him in person. I forgot what it’s like.

“Hey Woo.”

“Hi.”

Sunggyu walked further into the room and Woohyun almost took a step back. Suddenly two months seemed like so long and Woohyun couldn’t remember how he’d acted before those two months had passed. How had he managed to exist around Sunggyu before?

Sunggyu stopped only a few feet away from him and Woohyun could smell his scent, he could see every beautiful feature of the older male in detail, he could feel his presence like an electric current.

 And he didn’t know what to do.

“Woo,” Sunggyu spoke again.

“Yes?”

“I’m going to kiss you now.”

Sunggyu’s words made no sense to Woohyun, the phrase completely out of place for the situation and therefore not something Woohyun could comprehend. And he didn’t have time to comprehend it before he suddenly felt lips on his.

Sunggyu’s lips.

On his.

Kissing him.

Woohyun couldn’t move, he couldn’t react, he wasn’t sure he was breathing, he didn’t know what was going on at all really. His mind was going a million miles an hour. Why is he kissing me? What does this mean? Is this real? Or did I fall asleep? Why is he doing this? Is he drunk? Or just disorientated? Or is this a joke? Does he think I’m someone else? Wh-

Suddenly Sunggyu pulled back and smiled at Woohyun.

Then he turned and left.

 

Woohyun didn’t know what to do. He stood like statue. His brain had stopped, his body frozen. Then suddenly Woohyun felt the need to run. This had to be bad and he needed to get away fast.

But just as he was trying to work out if there was a fire escape he could climb down so that he could run away, the door opened and Sunggyu walked back in.

“Hey Woo, sorry about that, I probably shocked you right?” Sunggyu was still smiling, his tone soft.

“I-uh-yeah, kind of.” Woohyun was struggling to be coherent.

“Will you let me talk to you about some things?” Sunggyu sounded a little… afraid, a tone that only confused Woohyun further, and he could only nod in response.

Sunggyu took a deep breath and then began to speak, much like he had a few months ago when he cleared up the misunderstanding about the fan.

“I’m sorry that I hardly spoke to you for two months. One of my reasons was that I was busy but that wasn’t the only reason. The other reason was that I thought maybe I liked you.” Sunggyu paused for a second and looked at Woohyun, but he couldn’t meet the older’s gaze. To him this story only ended one way and he didn’t want to hear it.

But he had no way to escape and so he just waited for Sunggyu to continue his story.

“So I spoke to you less and got some time away from you to try and differentiate romantic feelings from feelings of care as a friend. It was hard though, I want you to know that I missed you all the time and sometimes I had to turn my phone off just so that I wouldn’t call or text you.”

Woohyun felt like he was going to be sick. He could feel hope rising in his chest and he hated it. This was not going to be a good story, why get his hopes up for one?

“But I did it and I became more and more sure of exactly how I felt because of it. I was 99% sure of how I felt when I walked into this room only a few moments ago and now I’m 100% sure.”

Woohyun didn’t want to hear this anymore. He didn’t want to know that Sunggyu was definitely sure he’d never like him back; that the kiss had repelled him; that things would never work out between them. He didn’t want to know.

But before he could bolt, Sunggyu spoke again.

“I have something to ask you Nam Woohyun, and I want you to take what I say very seriously because I mean every word of it.”

At the use of his full name, Woohyun looked up, meeting Sunggyu’s earnest gaze. He had a look that Woohyun was only familiar with just before they went on stage; it was a mix of fear and excitement, happiness and anxiety, terrified yet thrilled. Woohyun still did not yet get why.

“I know it’s taken me far too long to realise this and I am aware that I may have missed my chance; and if that is the case then so be it. But, in case I still have a chance, and I really hope I do, I want to tell you that I like you more Nam Woohyun, far more than any friend ever would, I like you romantically.”

Woohyun’s heart stopped. His brain stopped. For a moment the whole world stopped. Everything came to a standstill.

And then Sunggyu said one more thing.

“So if you still like me too and you will go on a date with me, meet me in the lounge room at nine am on Saturday. I’ll wait for fifteen minutes and if you don’t turn up in that time I’ll get the hint.”

Sunggyu looked at the ground as he said that last bit but then he looked back up at the other vocal and smiled.

“I’ll sleep on the couch tonight and tomorrow night so that you have time to think.”

And with one last smile, he turned and left.

 

It must have been at least fifteen minutes before Woohyun moved again. He was surprised that the shock didn’t kill him to be honest. He only managed to move to the bed though, and all he did was sit down and stare off into space again.

Everything that Sunggyu had said (and done) kept going around and around in Woohyun’s head, one second following another, all of it blurring into one unbelievable moment.

Finally, Woohyun reached over and grabbed his phone and turned it on. Then, still in a daze, he texted Key.

I think…It’s going to be okay again.

A/N I DID IT! I FINALLY WROTE THIS CHAPTER! I'VE WANTED TO WRITE IT FOR SO LONG AND IT'S FINALLY DONE! YES!

tumblr_lzsoz06Cvt1qioeai.gif

AND I HAVE ONE HUNDRED SUBS! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I HOPE ALL ONE HUNDRED OF YOU ENJOY THIS!!!!

tumblr_m83sqs6YYV1r2c67no2_250.gif

I can't gaurantee another update soon, I'll try but things are going to get stressful and nasty again soon so I can't make promises....

But I really hope you guys like this chapter! And don't worry, the end is not near, I've actually got a lot of things planned for this story so it will go on~

I love you all and thank you so much! <333333333

woogyuheartshape.gif