Chapter 8: A New Beginning

To Your Heart

 


 

Chapter 8: A New Beginning

 

 

 

 

"I can't believe it."   Kyuhyun mumbled while staring at his own reflection in the mirror.



He had excused himself from the dinner table on the pretext of using thr bathroom. He needed some time to think about what was just weighed down on him.    


 



Sungmin was the carrot boy. So the cute boy from his childhood hadn't been a figment of his imagination.



Wow. Carrot boy was real.




 


Kyuhyun's eyes dimmed,feeling troubled when he reminisced about how he had treated Sungmin during their first meeting.


God. How had he been so stupid? Kyuhyun clenched his palms tightly into fists. Mentally beating himself up for his extremely rude behaviour.




He wondered why on earth had Sungmin had agreed to give him a second chance.  But it didnt surprise him at all. Sungmin was the sweetest, kindest person he’d ever known.


 




He sighed softly while pressing down the flush button of the toilet.  Now no one needs to know he was just pretending.


Honestly, Kyuhyun just needed some time to think. To gather around his wits because the man was clearly flabbergasted.


 

 




Kyuhyun swore to make it up to the carro- to Sungmin.

 

 

He stepped out of the bathroom and strode towards the dining table.



"Blueberry pie for you, Hannah?" Sunhee asked her best friend with a proud look in her eyes.


"My Sungminnie baked it!" She exclaimed while glancing at her lost-in-thoughts son, Sungmin.

 





The slight tinge of cinnamon and the zest of blueberries.  Absolutely delicious.

 




"You are so skillful,  Sungmin-ah!" Hannah exclaimed gently while reaching for the fork  kept beside her plate.



"Huh?" Sungmin blinked confusedly.


His thoughts were completely occupied by the poodle boy from all those years ago. He just couldn't believe that it was Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun was the cute poodle boy.  How in the world.

 

 



                                     
Sungjin jabbed his finger into his hyung' s ribs and hissed.  Sungmin's eyes widened in confusion. Sungjin repeatedly nodded his head in Hannah's direction.



"Oh."



Ahra squealed in delight as the sweet delectable pastry evaded her senses.




"Sungmin-ah!  I love this so so much!" Ahra squealed while flailing her arms to show just how much she enjoyed the blueberry pie.


Sungmin beamed at her enthusiastic response,"I'm glad you like it, Ahra Noona!"




Hannah praised," You're blueberry pie is simply to die for."

Sungmin smiled, his dimples in, " Thank you..Mrs.Cho-"





The rest of his words dissolved on his tongue as a certain poodle boy chose to walk in.


Kyuhyun felt the tip of his ears reddening as he locked eyes with Sungmin.  Soulful, deep smoldering amber orbs captivated his mind as they gazed at each other.




And the contact was left broken ad Sungjin chose the moment to whine about receiving the biggest piece of blueberry pie.



"Hyung-nim..you promised!" Sungjin cried while poking Sungmin's  shoulder childishly.

Sungmin cleared his throat, "I ahem..."





He looked away from Kyuhyun's piercing gaze as the latter chose to seat himself.

Sungmin carved out a huge delectable piece of blueberry pie and proceeded to place it into his baby brother's plate.


 



“Stop whining now,you baby!”Sungmin scolded playfully,jis heart warming up seeing the delighted look on Sungjin’s face.


He always loved seeing people taking delight in his food.That would be the best thing anyone could ever do for him, appreciating and loving the delectables he baked. Call it a pâtissier’s instict, but it was what Sungmin loved doing.


 

 

 



Kyuhyun’s eyes widened looking at the gorgeous piece of pie resting on his plate.He swallowed slightly seeing the blueberries oozing out of the pastry dough and the slight zest of cinnamon lurked around the air.


He brought his fingers to clutch the fork and cut out a piece from the blueberry pie.

 

 



Stars twinkled and a couple of flowers bloomed as Kyuhyun finally chewed on the amazingly delicious pie. No words could express about just how much he loved eating the dessert.


And in the past few weeks, he had come to terms with his new found liking to blueberries....because of a certain someone, sitting not more than two feet in front of him.

 

 



He barely heard anyone addressing him, his brain shut off the words of the people sitting around him. It was like Kyuhyun was all together in a different place-A Heaven. He thought to himself as he bit down on the pie.




A pleased look flashed in Sungmin’s eyes as he stole a glance from the corner of his eyes towards the male sitting across him.


With crumbs all over his lips, Kyuhyun was wolfing down his blueberry pie enthusiastically. He silently cut out another piece of the delectable pastry, and placed it on Sungjin’s plate.

 

 



“Do you want some too, Kyuhyun?” Sungmin hesitated as the still dazed man nibbling on the last piece of the pie on his plate.

 

 


No response.
 

 



“Kyuhyun?”



“........”



“Yah! Kyubaby.” Ahra pinched Kyuhyun’s elbow causing him to jump in his seat.



Seven pairs of eyes trained on him. And he choked on the last bite when he looked up.




“You look lost,son.” Younghwan remarked amusedly.

“Do you love Sungminnie’s pie so much, Kyubaby?” Ahra teased.




“I-  “



 


~~~~~~

 




“So.” Donghae looked up from his task of arranging the documents scattered on his desk.




Sungmin rolled his eyes at the obvious question that his idiot of a friend was gonna ask. He could practically feel it tumbling out of Donghae’s inquisitive and ever insatiable thirst for gossip.


 



“How did it go?”




See. That was exactly what Sungmin was thinking about. He feigned ignorance.

 

 

 



“How did what go?” Sungmin brushed him off while reaching for the folder in his desk.



“Oh come on,Sungmin. You know what I’m taking about.”


 

 



“I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.”




Donghae scoffed,”You dumbo.”



“Yah!”



“Dinner with the Cho’s.. How did it go, hmm?” Donghae asked finally.



“Fine.”



“Nuh-uh, Sungmin. You aren’t getting away with just ‘fine’!”  Donghae protested immediately.





Sungmin sighed,”It was tiring.”


“What?! You mean you two had se..” Donghae exclaimed while clutching on his desk for dear life.




Sungmin rolled his eyes and resisted the urge to throw the heavy paper weight on his best friend’s head.


“Seriously, Donghae. I dont know why I’m friends with you.” Sungmin protested while wacking Donghae’s hand with the mousepad.


 



“So you did have...”



“NO. You stupid piece of fish!”



 

 


“Then?” Donghae mumbled innocently while blinking at the red patch of skin on his arm that had fallen victim to Sungmin’s mousepad attack.

“It wasnt anything out of the ordinary..” Sungmin sighed.


 



“Seriously now. Out with it! You’re killing me here!” Donghae whined while looking over at Sungmin.



“Turns out I’ve met Kyuhyun when we were five.”



 

 


“What?!”



“Hard to absorb right? I know. I cant believe I forgot someone like him.” Sungmin mumbled.



“And what did he say?” Donghae asked cautiously.



“I dont know, Donghae. But judging from his reaction, Im pretty sure no one saw that coming.”



“Oh.”


“And guess what?”



“Ahra Noona, Kyuhyun’s elder sister...she asked me to accompany her and her husband-to-be.. What was his name now?” Sungmin muttered while scratching his head thoughtfully.




“Accompany them? Whatever for?” Donghae asked curiously.



“Anyway, they’re holding their wedding next month and she asked me to accompany them to help out to choose their Wedding Cake.” Sungmin finished.


“Woah~”

 

 




“I know right? I was taken aback too. I mean- in such a short while, she wants my help with something so huge and important!”



“That means she trusts you. Isnt that a good thing?” Donghae mumbled.


 



“I guess. Apparently her husband-to-be and herself absolutely love the my desserts and she just wouldnt take a no for an answer.” Sungmin remarked.

 


“Oh.”
 

 



“And of course, Mom had to love the idea so Im have to accompany them next Sunday.” Sungmin sighed tiredly.
 

 



“And Kyuhyun is gonna come to?” Donghae asked teasingly.

Sungmin snapped,”I dont know,Donghae. And I dont care if he doesnt!”



 

 


“Really?” Donghae mumbled while eyeing Sungmin skeptically.



“I think you’d sob like a little girl if he doesnt show up!” Donghae remarked.


 

 



“Why you little twerp!” Sungmin growled while lunging towards Donghae.


Donghae stood up hurriedly and jumped out of Sungmin’s attack.


 

 


He unfortunately but not surprisingly, tripped on his feet and faceplanted painfully onto the carpeted floor.


“Uffff~”


 

 


Sungmin cackled in triumph and threw the paper weight on Donghae’s back childishly.



The little idiotic fishy punched Sungmin in the shoulder as he got back to his feet. He was obviously asking for it.


 


Sungmin’s eyes widened in disbelief seeing Donghae grinning sheepishly at him.


“Why you...” Sungmin growled.


 

 



“Delivery for Lee Sungmin.” Heechul drawled while poking his head into the cabin.



Donghae breathed out a sigh of relief. Saved by Kim Heechul.



“For me?” Sungmin asked while pointing to himself.


“Yes lover boy.”

 

 



Sungmin glanced curiously at Donghae, the previous feeling of dislike dissolved.


“What is it?” Sungmin questioned.




“See for yourself.” Heechul smirked before waltzing back to the reception counter.


 




A boutonniere of white roses resting on Heechul’s desk carefully wrapped in transparent plastic wrappings with a silver ribbon wound over the bouquet exquisitely.
 



“Oh my.” Sungmin gasped at the beautiful freshly picked white roses.


With quick steps he walked towards Heechul, the receptionist’s desk and gathered the sweet smelling flowers into his arms.




Sungmin’s nose scrunched up adorably as he took a deep whiff of the amazing fragrance of the white roses.

 

 

 

White roses represent innocence and purity and are traditionally associated with marriages and new beginnings, a representation of feelings of love, friendship, respect and hope.Whatever the reason white roses are given, it can be assured that they will be deeply appreciated by their recipient.

 

 



Donghae mumbled dumbfound,” Sungmin, there’s a note.”


“There is?”

 

A beautiful smile spread across Sungmin's face as he read the few words penned down on the blue paper.

 

From your poodle boy, Kyuhyun.

 

 

 


 

(A/N)

Come on, say it.  Whatever is running through your mind, just say it~ :3

 

~95anichan <3

 

Ps: A vote up if you like reading TYH  would make me really happy~ :3 Thankyu >w<