Chapter 5: Of Meddling and Muffins

To Your Heart

 


 

 

Chapter 5: Of Meddling and Muffins

 

 



"Sungjin. No!" Sungmin scolded and wrestled the tablespoon with a lump of salt from his baby brother's hand.


"But Sungmin Hyung. Trust me. We need to show this brat never to mess with my Hyung-nim again." Sungjin protested trying to add the mountain of salt into the muffin concoction.






Sungmin rolled his eyes and chided,"I can take care of myself you baby. Dont go ruining my muffins because of your twisted ideas!"


"But Hyung." Sungjin whined as his elder brother snatched the spoon from him and proceeded to throw the salt into the sink






"Now be a good boy and do your math homework! I'll be watching you." Sungmin pushed Sungjin to the dining table and forced the latter to open up his notebooks.

"Let's see. If you manage to complete your homework in an hour, I'll give you two muffins." Sungmin tried to convince his baby brother.



 



Sungjin eyed Sungmin skeptically and asked "You promise?"

 





"I promise. Now start working on those problems and stop distracting me!" Sungmin huffed before turning towards the low bottomed bowl.


He preheated the oven to about four hundred degrees and placed the greased muffin lines carefully next to the sink.


 

 




Sungmin hummed softly to himself while blending the flour, baking powder, abraded sugar and a pinch of salt.

 




He glanced over his shoulders to see whether Sungjin was working out the math problems dilegently. Sunhee and Chunhwa,had put him in charge of his baby brother as their parents spent an evening to enjoy a musical.


Sungmin slightly cracked the shell of the egg and then gently poured in the yolk into the bowl and proceeded to add in some fresh milk and a small slab of butter.





"Sungjin-ah. You better not be texting." Sungmin warned as he moved the spatula slowly trying to break the lumps.

Sungjin jumped slightly and put away his phone with a guilty smile,"Sorry hyung.."





"I'll be done in another half an hour, Jinnie-ah.. Finish your work and then we can watch some tv,okay?" Sungmin remarked while gingerly pouring in the mixture into the cup lininings set on the tray.


Sungjin sighed dramatically and pulled his notebook towards himself," Okay hyung.."






Fourty five minutes later, Sungjin jumped to the couch after grabbing Sungmin's freshly baked blueberry muffins. He lazily bit on one and then squealed in delight as the delicious flavour of blueberries evaded his senses. It was just so damn yummy.




Sungmin smiled amusedly at his brother squirming in happiness while chomping on the muffins. Sungjin was almost seventeen but he would always be his little baby brother. And nothing would ever change that.



 




He arranged the blueberry muffins delicately into a brown box, meaning to drop them off to Kyuhyun's office the next morning.


Well, they had texted each other a few times during the day and he had asked for the address to Kyuhyun's work place. It wasnt anything major. Kyuhyun had asked him out for lunch that day but due to clashes in their work schedule, the luncheon had been pushed to the following day.




Sungmin placed the box gingerely into the cupboard,after peeking into the drawing room to see whether Sungjin was watching him or not. Knowinging his baby brother well, he would probably sneak into the kitchen at night and might sabotage the muffins or worse, gobble them all up.That wouldnt do at all.





~~~~~


 




"Kyuhyunnie.." Yesung drawled while poking his head inside Kyuhyun's cabin.

"Whatcha staring at Kyuhyunnie?"




Kyuhyun coughed awkwardly and shifted his eyes from the brown box back to the screen of the computer," I wasnt staring!"


 




Yesung rolled his eyes and remarked,"Sure you werent."

He wrapped his fingers around the box and then proceeded to shake it twice.





"Yah. What are you doing?" Kyuhyun yelled as he stood up hurriedly and snatched the box from his ever so inquisitive hyung's hands.


Kyuhyun rambled while placing the box next to his computer,"Stupid hyung. What if they crumble?!"




Yesung blinked curiously and asked,"They? What's..."



"Nothing." Kyuhyun immediately answered.


"No. Kyuhyun. Tell me. What does the box contain?" Yesung persisted while drawing out a chair and sitting on it. He eyed a scowling Kyuhyun who grabbed the box and proceeded to keep it inside the drawer of his work desk.



 



"Is it ?!" Yesung exclaimed loudly earning sniggers and smirks from Henry and Zhoumi who just happened to be passing by Kyuhyun's office hand in hand.


"Yesung Hyung! Just what are you saying?!" Kyuhyun protested.




 


"Then what is it?"



"Stop interrogating me! You're behaving like Ahra Noona.."




"That isnt gonna work on me Kyubaby." Yesung replied in a typical Ahra's voice while flailing his hands just like how his fiance would.




Kyuhyun snickered," What was that?"

"Im telling Noona."




"No you arent, brat. And she would probably forget everything when I'll talk about you hiding something." Yesung answered in an accusive tone.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and tried for a last time," Im busy hyung. I'll tell you later."






"I know you Cho. Nice try but Im not buying it. Now tell me before I burn the box down."



 



"Whaaa? No." Kyuhyun protested immediately.



Seeing the look Yesung was throwing him Kyuhyun mumbled a low voice,"Fine.."


 

 

 



Kyuhyun had run into Sungmin at the lobby of the office building that morning. The brunette was looking around like a little lost puppy while clutching a chocolate brown box to himself.


He had walked behind the smaller male slowly and mumbled,"Sungmin?"




Kyuhyun felt his heart flutter strangely as Sungmin turned around and smiled warmly at him.

"Kyuhyun!"




Sungmin scratched the back of his neck nervously and simply pushed the box to Kyuhyun's chest before he could say a word.


Mumbling a quick goodbye, Sungmin rushed out of the building after exclaiming,"I hope you like them."


And just like that. Sungmin had left Kyuhyun gaping behind wondering what just happened while clutching the brown box in his arms.


A delicious smell drifted through Kyuhyun's nose and he took a deep breath and sighed contentedly as the sweet fragrance of freshly baked blueberry muffins evaded his senses.



 



"and.. that's what happened." Kyuhyun finished while twiddling his thumbs nervously.

"So.. were they good?"


 

 


"I dont know." Kyuhyun admitted.


"Yah Cho Kyuhyun. Are you just gonna stare at the box? Lemme see them." Yesung scolded while opening the drawer and placing it on the desk carefully.

 




Yesung opened the box and pointed out," See. Now that wasnt so bad after all!"
 

 



The two men stared at the contents of the box.
 

 



"That is.." Kyuhyun started in awe.
 

 



"Holy smokes! These muffins look so damn amazing." Yesung exclaimed while touching the box delicately.
 

 



"Keep him."

 


"W-what...what are you talking about?" Kyuhyun protested.




"Kyuhyun-ah. Lemme have one please?" Yesung begged while drooling slightly at the six gorgeous blueberry muffins inside the box.


 

 


Kyuhyun snatched the box away from Yesung's greedy hands and yelled, "What? No. They are mine."  
 



"Oh come on Kyuu."
 

 

 



"Mine Mine Mine Mine!" Kyuhyun chanted before skipping out of Yesung's reach.

 

 


Yesung scrambled to his feet before chasing his soon to be brother-in-law,"Yah. Cho Kyuhyun!"




"No way Yesung hyung. Go ask Noona to make you some." Kyuhyun protested while stretching the box up out of Yesung's reach.



 

 



"Come on Kyuu. Everyone knows Ahra cannot bake. Now stop dancing around you brat. Your gonna drop these heavenly muffins and then noone gets to eat them." Yesung pointed out.




Kyuhyun eyed his hyung skeptically and then almost shrieked as the box swayed slightly in his hands. Kyuhyun stared at Yesung in relief and then mumbled,"Okay fine. I'll give you half."

 

 



"Two."

 

 


"One and a half"
 

 



"Three."

 


"Okay fine I shall give you two. Yesung hyung you're such a baby." Kyuhyun huffed as he placed the box with muffins on his desk.

 

 



Yesung beamed victoriously and remarked,"Okay, you pick one first."
 

 

 



"Holy shizzle! These are so good Hyung." Kyuhyun squirmed as the rich zest of blueberries and a tinge of cinnamon evaded his taste buds causing happy bubbles to burst all around him.

 


"Hyung...?"
 

"......................"

 



"Yesung hyung?"

 

 

"....................................."

 

 


"Why arent you responding?"


"Asadffsfaghfdgshfmewjyfjtywafghj" Yesung screamed while chomping on the muffin enthusiastically.

 

 



After keeping two ...okay one and a half muffins for his Umma and Appa. Kyuhyun placed them back into the brown box and put them into the drawer again.



Yesung had rushed out of his office screaming he needed more muffins but Kyuhyun was dead sure he wouldnt be able to find such amazingly delicious blueberry muffins anywhere.

 

 


He twiddled his thumbs nervously onto the desk as he debated whether he should text Sungmin or not.
 


Should he?
 



Or should he not?
 



Should he?

 


Okay. What the heck?

 

It was just a simple text. So why was Kyuhyun feeling so apprehensive?

 

 


I sincerely thank you for the muffins.  No. It sounds as if someone died. Too formal.

The blueberry muffins were out of the world! I loved them.  Nah~ It seemed unlike him.

 




After typing,deleting and reading the sentence a twenty times he tilted his face away from the phone and pressed send before Kyuhyun had a change of heart.

 

 


Thank you for the blueberry muffins :) They were absolutely delicious. -Kyuhyun

 

 



Kyuhyun chucked his phone into the drawer and then proceed to concentrate on the computer.


He jumped as his phone vibrated. Kyuhyun sighed nervously as he sweeped the screen of the phone to unlock. A small smile broke out as he read the message.

 



Oh.. I'm really glad you enjoyed them~^^  -Sungmin
 

 

 

Maybe this wasnt so bad after all.





~tbc

 

 


 

......(A/N)

So who wants a blueberry muffin? :)))

Leave me your thoughts, say anything you want to~ I would love to hear from everyone.

 

 

Have a nice day~! Until next time :))

~95anichan signing off <3